PDA

View Full Version : Sks

Vepr62
09-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Friend of mine from Oregon is moving back to CA. He owns an SKS rifle with detachable 30 round magazine. Can he permanently attach (weld) the magazine, block it to 10 rounds, and bring this rifle to CA? Is there any other way to attach magazine besides welding, to leave it more reversible if he moves again to a free state? What is the best way to modify magazine? Thanks.
Vasiliy

Quiet
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Put the original 10 round fixed magazine back on the SKS.

Leave all the greater than 10 round magazines in OR.

Socal858
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
dont forget about the grenade launcher if it has one

Josh3239
09-02-2007, 12:32 PM
They make 10rd fixed mags that are fed through the top with a stripper clip. No welding is necessary.

If he has mags with a capacity larger than 10rds he's best off leaving them out of California or selling them.

Grenade launching attachment should be removed.

Mssr. Eleganté
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
He owns an SKS rifle with detachable 30 round magazine.

What is the make and model number of the rifle? What words and markings are stamped on the receiver? This is important.

Friend of mine from Oregon is moving back to CA.

You say moving back. If he owned the 30 round mag in California before the ban then he can bring it back with him. Whether or not he can use it in the rifle depends on the answer to the first question.

Shane916
09-02-2007, 1:05 PM
To be safe he needs a fixed magazine that is limited to 10 rounds.

If it is a "Zastava M59" or one that doesn't say "SKS".. then the others are going to tell you that it's ok to have a detachable magazine on :)

blkA4alb
09-02-2007, 1:08 PM
To be safe he needs a fixed magazine that is limited to 10 rounds.

If it is a "Zastava M59" or one that doesn't say "SKS".. then the others are going to tell you that it's ok to have a detachable magazine on :)

Yes, because it's legal? :rolleyes:

Vepr62
09-02-2007, 2:36 PM
Its Norinko paratrooper SKS, and the only mags he got are 30 rds.
thanks all.
Vasiliy

KenpoProfessor
09-02-2007, 2:39 PM
Any Norinco SKS version that can take AK mags are banned I believe. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf page 93

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

mike100
09-02-2007, 2:44 PM
It's only Off List if it is a yugo or chinese I think because they listed SKS as "any modified SKS" on the list of AW's. The stock SKS is a thing of engineering beauty. I wouldn't want to get pinched with a supossedly illegal sks when you caould have bought an ak or ar platform anyhow.

AJAX22
09-02-2007, 2:45 PM
Any SKS version that can take AK mags are banned I believe. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf page 93

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

not exactly...

you can put a 10 round AK magazine in them and use an AK maglock.

Another meathod is to alter the receiver so it will accept a standard trigger assembly and magazine. (I have a buddy who has one of the SKS-M's thats had this modification done to it) Its reversable if you go out of state, but works just fine for CA.