View Full Version : Barrell instalation

09-01-2007, 6:59 PM
A buddy of mine was looking to get a new barrel installed on his 1903 remington in Oakland. Any one know of a good gunsmith in the oakland area? He has the barrel he just needs a proper instal and clocking. Thanks in advance.

09-01-2007, 7:52 PM
I don't know about Oakland, but there is one reputable smith in Granite Bay that does all sorts of stuff from waranty repairs to building custom guns. I see you are from Sacramento, so you can check them out. The outfit called J&G Gunsmithing, Inc., and their phone # is 916-786-9200. They did waranty work and trigger work on my Rem. 700 LTR and did fantastic job. They are going to build me custom .338 Lapua Magnum rig as well.

09-02-2007, 3:10 PM
I know J&G intimately ive had them do a couple custom jobs for me & they exceeded my expectations every time. Ive also stumbled on some great deals there and there guys are top notch. I recommended them to ( very highly ) but what can I say I think my buds lazy and doesnt want to drive down here. I explained there usual back logged by a couple months to and that may have scared him. I agree maybe we should start a thread look what I found at J & G or look what J & G built for me. Crazy how word of mouth about them has kept them in business for that long; but every one I know recommends them ( me included odviously ).