PDA

View Full Version : Barrell instalation

cactus
09-01-2007, 7:59 PM
A buddy of mine was looking to get a new barrel installed on his 1903 remington in Oakland. Any one know of a good gunsmith in the oakland area? He has the barrel he just needs a proper instal and clocking. Thanks in advance.

Vepr62
09-01-2007, 8:52 PM
I don't know about Oakland, but there is one reputable smith in Granite Bay that does all sorts of stuff from waranty repairs to building custom guns. I see you are from Sacramento, so you can check them out. The outfit called J&G Gunsmithing, Inc., and their phone # is 916-786-9200. They did waranty work and trigger work on my Rem. 700 LTR and did fantastic job. They are going to build me custom .338 Lapua Magnum rig as well.
Vasiliy

cactus
09-02-2007, 4:10 PM
I know J&G intimately ive had them do a couple custom jobs for me & they exceeded my expectations every time. Ive also stumbled on some great deals there and there guys are top notch. I recommended them to ( very highly ) but what can I say I think my buds lazy and doesnt want to drive down here. I explained there usual back logged by a couple months to and that may have scared him. I agree maybe we should start a thread look what I found at J & G or look what J & G built for me. Crazy how word of mouth about them has kept them in business for that long; but every one I know recommends them ( me included odviously ).