View Full Version : Criminal Procedure & Rights Card

08-31-2007, 7:09 PM
While I bet all of us are aware to not consent to a search, there must be other, relatively unknown, subtle actions to take. My thought is to create a credit card sized card similar to the Miranda card, compiling in common every day language a list of actions, statements, and questions to refer to when interacting with police. It would be like the papers many of us carry w/ our offlist rifles but in a broader cliff's notes version.

For instance with AJAX22, we have the issue of requesting a facesheet when presented with a warrant, or how to verfiy the legitimacy of a telephone warrent, or how one can limit the extent of a search by triggering the police to follow procedures resulting from Terry.

Is there already a card like this out there, because I cant find it. What do you think should be on such a card?

08-31-2007, 7:34 PM
Just don't make a sudden movement to retreive aforesaid card :eek: and/or keep it in your wallet. I predict that 95.6% people will lose it, wash it, or dry clean it within a month :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good concept that faces rocky implementation.

Take notes @ Calguns, watch the "ACLU" and "Chris Rock" guides to police encounters, have a chat w/ your lawyer, learn to think on your feet at Toastmasters....