PDA

View Full Version : How to get a CCW in SD

Tacit Blue
01-12-2013, 6:10 PM
So after hearing about the movie theater shooting in San Marcos and Carmel Valley. I've been considering getting a CCW, only prob is that our Sheriff Gore doesn't like to give them out.

This really bugs me because I saw a movie there less than a month ago.

chillincody
01-12-2013, 6:12 PM
yea I would like a CCW in SD too but sadly we have a better chance of finding a unicorn next to a pot of gold ......

Tacit Blue
01-12-2013, 6:16 PM
yea I would like a CCW in SD too but sadly we have a better chance of finding a unicorn next to a pot of gold ......

We need to elect a new Sheriff, Gore isn't representative of the people. He's pro gov and authoritarian. I mean now there's shootings locally at the theaters in our County, I should be able to protect myself and anybody else.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan/12/officers-shoot-suspect-in-movie-theater/

http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/01/12/one-person-shot-in-movie-theater-near-san-marcos/

CessnaDriver
01-12-2013, 6:18 PM
Sheriff "Ruby Ridge" Gore will never issue CCW for general self protection unless we prevail in courts and he is forced to or he is replaced with a CCW friendly Sheriff.

He betrays his oath daily endangering everyone in San Diego County by allowing criminals to know that law abiding citizens are disarmed and easy targets.

He is infringing upon our second amendment rights to bear arms.

I don't know how such people sleep at night.

Tacit Blue
01-12-2013, 6:23 PM
Sheriff "Ruby Ridge" Gore will never issue CCW for general self protection unless we prevail in courts and he is forced to or he is replaced with a CCW friendly Sheriff.

He betrays his oath daily endangering everyone in San Diego County by allowing criminals to know that law abiding citizens are disarmed and easy targets.

He is infringing upon our second amendment rights to bear arms.

I don't know how such people sleep at night.

Yeah I know his history behind Rubby Ridge. If San Diego wasn't pro military and government, I don't think he would have stood a real chance for election.

I really don't see how any true patriot would vote for than man, all he boasts about is his experience in the FBI. Which of course we all know is tainted. I think he only has a year left in office till the next candidate comes along...

Sharkman1959
02-05-2013, 3:33 PM
Folks,

I'm afraid that we are never going to see a "liberal" CCW Sheriff in this town. It has never been friendly to carry laws here. I have several friends who are former law enforcement and current and their take is it will not happen.

I hate to say it, but if you aren't in their club now it's too late to get in.

jnojr
02-08-2013, 5:01 PM
We need to elect a new Sheriff

Fixed it for you.

Gore was never elected. Kolender was propped up one last time to run as an incumbent even though he was suffering from severe dementia explicitly so as soon as he "won", he could step down and hand the office to the Hero of Ruby Ridge without said Hero having had to face any public scrutiny.

marcusrn
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Tacit Blue CCW,

Go down there and apply as a good citizen. You may lose your money but then you may be 1st in line in 2-3 months if pending law suits are settled. An ancillary benefit is that you will feel good about yourself.

Marcus

heedless619
02-23-2013, 7:48 PM
I'll probably have a better chance getting a date with Kim Kay.

Zymergist
02-24-2013, 5:31 PM
IIRC the Calguns foundation has a strategic plan of attack state wide on this county by county getting decisions to reference in circuit court. I believe SD is unfortunately at about the bottom of the list as our county is about the worst and will take some of the most resources to fight. (I could be wrong, been a while since I looked at the info...)

Might be faster for the to sign up as a Montana Reserve Auxiliary Deputy when that legislation goes through..... (which will still be a while, google CCW for all)

specOPS
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
So far the people I have met who actually have a CCW are the ones who handle tons of money and are in a very high position. Example director of a bank, owner of a jewelry store, etc etc.

I have only heard of others getting them because they were brutally attacked or have been getting death threats on the regular or some other crazy stuff. Sad this is I cannot verify this. The above answer I can.

Fishslayer
03-05-2013, 7:56 PM
So far the people I have met who actually have a CCW are the ones who handle tons of money and are in a very high position. Example director of a bank, owner of a jewelry store, etc etc.

If some of that tons of money were to be directed the proper way I doubt it would hurt...:rolleyes:

BLACK LION
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
I was told to get shot or stabbed, survive, file a police report and stress that I fear my life is in danger then reapply...rinse and repeat.

You can always go to Mission Valley to watch a movie since they have 1 security guard armed with a revolver....lmao.

eightmd
03-07-2013, 4:37 PM
IIRC the Calguns foundation has a strategic plan of attack state wide on this county by county getting decisions to reference in circuit court. I believe SD is unfortunately at about the bottom of the list as our county is about the worst and will take some of the most resources to fight. (I could be wrong, been a while since I looked at the info...)

Might be faster for the to sign up as a Montana Reserve Auxiliary Deputy when that legislation goes through..... (which will still be a while, google CCW for all)

I looked at that website and it didn't look like there was anything going on in the last year or so. It would be interesting but is there any movement on that?

Zymergist
03-07-2013, 4:39 PM
Legislation is not a quick process. If you sign up for notifications they will let you know. Last I heard I think they were revising the 2nd draft for submission.

jnojr
03-07-2013, 6:41 PM
Legislation is not a quick process. If you sign up for notifications they will let you know. Last I heard I think they were revising the 2nd draft for submission.

There is no legislation that could possibly make a difference that will ever reach a floor vote in Sacramento. Worrying about legislation is an enormous waste of time and resources. The only way we'll get better carry in CA is through the courts. Want to see that happen? Support Second Amendment Foundation (http://www.saf.org/). Want to waste your time? Send letters to rabidly anti-gun Democrats pleading with or threatening them. Maybe they'll rupture something while laughing at you.

Zymergist
03-07-2013, 7:13 PM
It's not in Sacramento!;) Proposed Montana legislation would create an reserve auxiliary LE position not requiring residency that allows firearms qualification. LEOSA provides 50 state carry......
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238977
:D
No guarantee, and it is an end run around (BS) laws, but I support the idea. It would also require regular range recertification which I am not sure if CA CCW permits do.

eightmd
03-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Yea it a good idea but one that will come under fire if it ever gets out there. I would sure like to see it, and range qualification for CCW permits makes a lot of sense.

jnojr
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
It's not in Sacramento!;) Proposed Montana legislation would create an reserve auxiliary LE position not requiring residency that allows firearms qualification. LEOSA provides 50 state carry......
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238977
:D
No guarantee, and it is an end run around (BS) laws, but I support the idea. It would also require regular range recertification which I am not sure if CA CCW permits do.

Ahh, I'd heard of an idea like that years ago. I would certainly want to get on board... but you can bet Congress will go positively ballistic. A bill to "fix the loophole" will quickly be introduced, and I imagine the pressure from every LE agency and union in the nation would be intense. I just couldn't imagine anything like that standing for very long. Heck, lots of big liberal cities might just pass down a policy... anyone caught carrying on those creds will be arrested. Sure, maybe the courts will come back later and smack them, but so long as no individual pays any real penalty, who cares?

Jackson_DKMG
03-15-2013, 6:47 PM
I have a friend who's getting a ccw later this month but he has a legit reason to carry, he's a retired federal LEO

so bc you saw a movie at a movie theater, you think you should get a ccw? uh ok.

Zymergist
03-15-2013, 7:06 PM
So you are saying that a Citizen wanting self defense is not a legit reason?

Jackson_DKMG
03-15-2013, 8:13 PM
according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Dept, a legit reason would be a documented history of threats against a citizen. otherwise, no, the average joe blow doesn't need to carry a weapon "just because"

Zymergist
03-15-2013, 8:16 PM
Thank you for clarifying your position on the right to keep and bear arms. Not quite sure why you are here with those feelings though....

ParadigmGuy
03-15-2013, 8:29 PM
I have a friend who's getting a ccw later this month but he has a legit reason to carry, he's a retired federal LEO

so bc you saw a movie at a movie theater, you think you should get a ccw? uh ok.Yes. Do you think anyone shot at those theaters was threatened first? Do you think anyone at the theater in Colorado was threatened first? How about any of the teachers shot at the elementary school?

according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Dept, a legit reason would be a documented history of threats against a citizen. otherwise, no, the average joe blow doesn't need to carry a weapon "just because"
The San Diego Sheriff is wrong. Self defense is the best reason that a person could have for wanting a LTC concealed. If a person does not feel safe in their own neighborhood, we as a community owe it to them to help them feel safe. Allowing only the criminals for have weapons is not the solution.

Jackson_DKMG
03-15-2013, 8:56 PM
criminals aren't "allowed" to carry, they do what they want. We have the police for protection, no some gung ho Internet crusader hot shot. Besides, if you don't like it here, move to AZ.

ParadigmGuy
03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
criminals aren't "allowed" to carry, they do what they want. We have the police for protection, no some gung ho Internet crusader hot shot. Besides, if you don't like it here, move to AZ.
Poor guy, you are so misled. You don't even realize that you're arguing for my point of view. You're absolutely correct that criminals do what they want, regardless of the laws in place. So if law abiding are not allowed to carry firearms, and criminals do carry because "they do what they want", doesn't it make sense we should be able to protect ourselves?

It is our responsibility as citizens to protect ourselves. The police can't be everywhere, we (as a community) are everywhere.

I'm not to to whom you're referring to as a gung ho internet crusader hot shot. I'm going to assume that it wasn't me.

Instead of leaving the place I love and call home, I'm going to try to fix it. I hope that I won't have to move, but if we (as a community) continue to allow our rights and freedoms to be taken, then I likely will move to another state.

CessnaDriver
03-15-2013, 11:02 PM

It's not a bill of needs. It's a bill of rights.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Sheriff Gore is infringing on our rights.

PBRStreetgang
03-15-2013, 11:59 PM

According to the US Supreme Court decision in Warren v. District of Columbia in 1981, the police do not have the duty to provide protection and services to individuals except under specific assignments.

This was reaffirmed in 2005 Castle Rock v. Gonzales, stating "police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm."

Jackson_DKMG
03-16-2013, 1:30 AM
well I don't want some keyboard commando carrying a gun just because they want "protection."

ParadigmGuy
03-16-2013, 3:14 AM
well I don't want some keyboard commando carrying a gun just because they want "protection."
I do. That's exactly the reason I want every law abiding citizen to be able to carry one, even a keyboard commando like you.

dtother760
03-17-2013, 7:59 PM
The right to carry a fire arm concealed is an idea I have had for a while, I have a wife and young boy who I would lay my life down in one second for( without a second thought). I think that San Diego has an obligation to its citizens to allow to decide if a responsible human being should be able to carry a firearm to protect life and property. I have applied and have been silently denied. I believe it should be a decision made by the people by the people not politicians!

CessnaDriver
03-17-2013, 8:40 PM

Do people get to drive that watch NASCAR?

You realize that concealed carry pre-dates "keyboard commandos" right?
It's not something new. It's not some amazing new thing. It existed before the internet.

You also realize that to get a CCW for general self protection will require training, education on laws and demonstration of abilities right?

eightmd
03-18-2013, 11:27 AM

so bc you saw a movie at a movie theater, you think you should get a ccw? uh ok.
Maybe I'm missing something but just because he is a retired officer why is that a better justification than someone wanting to protect themselves. In fact, why is that a justification at all?

jnojr
03-18-2013, 5:00 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JWdI8aKt8dk/ThRkkgjlyvI/AAAAAAAAAUY/arLCIieDxNM/s400/DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

Nate
03-21-2013, 6:58 PM

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. No disrespect to LEO, but they are not everywhere.

By the way, nice iTrader rating!

Kolo589
03-24-2013, 9:14 PM
Maybe I'm missing something but just because he is a retired officer why is that a better justification than someone wanting to protect themselves. In fact, why is that a justification at all?

I believe the logic is something along the lines of they could be targeted for retribution for being a former/retired LEO.

sofbak
03-25-2013, 11:21 AM

I thought this screen name looked familiar.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=685367

lemonademaker
04-01-2013, 1:23 PM
i never understood the appeal of trolling... oh wait, guess it's cause i have a job.

XenosAce
04-24-2013, 4:40 PM
@vflores915- Great choice in shotgun. Big fan of the 500.

I wish we could get a new sheriff that is more lenient with CCW permits. Is there a way a person could get it done say in San Bernardino county while residing in SD county? Just curious because I was wanting to get my permit when i turned 21 (not that far away) but when I did some research and found out San Diego only gives it out to the people with connections and been threatened constantly (reported to authorities). That is when I gave up my research because I knew I would be rejected.

JWalker
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
I was told to get shot or stabbed, survive, file a police report and stress that I fear my life is in danger then reapply...rinse and repeat.

You can always go to Mission Valley to watch a movie since they have 1 security guard armed with a revolver....lmao.

Really? Because that's actually happened to me. I was shot in Oakland, CA in 2006. Police report filed and even though I live in S.D. now I still feel a CCW would be warranted give the amount of dumbfuggery we live amongst today.

One CA CCW holder I spoke with said it was easier than one would expect. His only reason was that "he owns a business that requires the added security" but he says he only uses so he can ride his motorbike to the range. Go figure :\

CessnaDriver
04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
A former city council member and chairman of the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System board qualified.

Interesting huh? But us poor shlubs of course need no such rights.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jan/12/mts-chairman-injured-after-firing-robber/

XenosAce
04-25-2013, 5:59 PM
One CA CCW holder I spoke with said it was easier than one would expect. His only reason was that "he owns a business that requires the added security" but he says he only uses so he can ride his motorbike to the range. Go figure :\

Did he get it in SD county? Cause there are a few counties I hear that are not that hard to get a permit. San Bernardino County is supposedly one of them I guess that is why I was asking.

JWalker
04-25-2013, 6:59 PM
San Bernardino County is supposedly one of them I guess that is why I was asking.

^This is where he's from IIRC.

Legasat
04-26-2013, 1:03 PM

EVERYBODY deserves the option to protect themselves!

claude
04-26-2013, 5:16 PM
We have the police for protection, ...

You can't be serious? The police respond AFTER a crime has been committed. They are not out there "protecting" you from anything.

Unbelievable!

JWalker
04-26-2013, 8:46 PM
You can't be serious? The police respond AFTER a crime has been committed. They are not out there "protecting" you from anything.

Unbelievable!

I can attest to this. 6/12/06 in Oakland, CA I was confronted by 2 thugs, one had a .38. They tried robbing me as I just parked my car. I fought them off. grabbed the gun it fired and I took the round through and though both legs. Still managed to fight them off and take the shooter's gun and fire the 5 remaining rounds back at them as they fled. Called out for help and neighbors came out to see the commotion. By that time I was bleeding pretty bad so I called 911 myself. An Ambulance was 1st on the scene. I dont recall seeing a cop until one took a statement from me at the hospital. When seconds count, OPD is just minutes away!!! They're great at parking enforcement though, I'll give them that much!:facepalm:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jwalker421/holez_zps32160cae.jpg

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jwalker421/bloodstainjean_zpsdaa4259f.jpg

Of course CA gun laws in all their effectiveness did their job keeping guns from the teen who used one to rob me. (sarcasm) I frequently tell the story when debating antigun libtards and all you ever hear afterwards are crickets once they realize that Im not just parroting the talking points that others are. Feel free and use my story next time someone tries to tell you what you need or don't need for self protection and watch them scatter. So please I dare someone, tell me why I don't deserve to level the playing field by having a CCW when scumbags clearly use concealed weapons to their advantage when victimizing the lawful? ;)

XenosAce
04-26-2013, 11:37 PM
^This is where he's from IIRC.

Yeah. Well I am glad he was able to get it. I just wish all parts of cali were easy to get permits as other states.

jnojr
05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Really? Because that's actually happened to me. I was shot in Oakland, CA in 2006. Police report filed and even though I live in S.D. now I still feel a CCW would be warranted give the amount of dumbfuggery we live amongst today.

But (in their words) you're in no more special danger than anyone else. Simply because you were, once, the victim of a violent crime doesn't mean you're any more likely to be one again.

In San Diego, having a business counts... but I hear you need to cough up stacks of paperwork to prove to them it's a "real" business that involves "enough" money and "enough" risk. "I have a business" isn't enough... "Here's mountains of proof that I have a business and my cash flow and my reason for needing to carry cash" might be.

bassplayer
05-21-2013, 7:39 PM
"I have a business" isn't enough... "Here's mountains of proof that I have a business and my cash flow and my reason for needing to carry cash" might be.

Being at risk doesn't cut it here in San Diego but being rich and connected does!

Dan

Mr. TactiCALi
06-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Your kidding me right?! So will you tell the person who is about to do harm to you and possibly your loved ones to "just wait till the cops get here, you going to be in trouble!". The police have a "great" response time, equivalent to lightning!...clown! :rant:

Mr. TactiCALi
06-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Truth be told brother! Glad your okay and i share you frustration and pain!

Mr. TactiCALi
06-07-2013, 12:18 AM
CCW not gonna happen here lol!

springfieldXD71
06-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Just raise some money and get behind a good candidate. Money talks. Sacramento probably over the course of time allowed fewer CCWs than SD and now it's a shall issue County. Basically if you weren't a politician working at the State Capitol you couldn't get a permit. Now they do about 3000 approvals a month.

section31
06-08-2013, 8:13 PM
Join this:

http://www.sdchdsa.org/

Donate $$$

Get a BADGE and a CCW

Joining the HDSA

Membership to the Honorary Deputy Sheriffs' Association is offered to those individuals who have an interest in supporting law enforcement and specifically the San Diego County Sheriffs' Department.

Members must be of both high character and ethics as well as willing to spend time to support San Diego Law enforcement.

Membership is available at 5 levels

Rank

Donation

Includes:

Honorary Deputy $325 Annual Dues
All regular membership luncheon meetings Badge Plaque
Dues after the first year, $200
Honorary Sergeant $500 Annual Dues
All regular membership luncheon meetings, Recognition Plaque with badge
Dues after the first year, $250
Honorary Lieutenant $750 Annual Dues
All regular membership luncheon meetings, recognition Plaque with badge
Dues after the first year, $375
Honorary Captain $1,000 Annual Dues
Dues after the first year, $500
Honorary Commander $1,500 Annual Dues
Dues after the first year, $1000

XenosAce
06-08-2013, 9:15 PM
Join this:

Donate $$$

Get a BADGE and a CCW

What? Could you elaborate?

Mr. TactiCALi
06-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Don't feed into it brother! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU DONATE. YOU ALREADY PAY THEIR SALARY! HOW MUCH MORE "BRIBERY" DO YOU NEED?!

XenosAce
06-09-2013, 1:31 AM
Don't feed into it brother! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU DONATE. YOU ALREADY PAY THEIR SALARY! HOW MUCH MORE "BRIBERY" DO YOU NEED?!

Haha. Well I just never heard of it before and wanted to know how in the H**L does that get you a badge and CCW through this?

Mr. TactiCALi
06-09-2013, 10:58 PM
LMFAO. Copy that!:confused:

CessnaDriver
06-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Join this:

Donate $$$

Get a BADGE and a CCW

How interesting is it there is a CCW training ad at the bottom of the page!

Germz
06-10-2013, 1:44 AM
If a person does not feel safe in their own neighborhood, we as a community owe it to them to help them feel safe. Allowing only the criminals for have weapons is not the solution.

I am completely for a liberal allocation of LTC concealed permits, however the logic you presented just isn't correct.

First, Personal protection SHOULD BE a legitimate and sufficient reason for a CCW permit HOWEVER....understand that what YOU personally feel and interepret doesn't constitute an absolute. Just because someone may be paranoid that their community is unsafe doesn't mean it actually is because YMMV from someone else's.

Crime rate percentages and statistics of your surrounding areas are what should be applied to personal protection justifications, not someone's perceived or interpreted personal security, or lack there of.

In the end, I'm on your side, I just don't think a personal protection justification should be because "I FEEL unsafe".

CessnaDriver
06-10-2013, 9:35 AM
Any nieghborhood can be unsafe.
That is the real world. And of course as one drives through the world, it takes one through many "interesting" places.

SouthpawE46
06-10-2013, 2:32 PM
That is the real world.

This. too many people live in their own blissfully ignorant "bubbles" and don't realize that criminals aren't barred from "good neighborhoods".

Germz
06-11-2013, 1:45 AM
That is the real world. And of course as one drives through the world, it takes one through many "interesting" places.

The "can be" or "potential" game, holds little worth in the eyes of your rival.

For example, to anti-gun personnel, all stereotypical black rifles and whatever else is popular is "potentially" dangerous and based off that shouldn't be allowed.

we know thats completely absurd because there are obviously millions of responsible firearm owners in America.

:devil2: now switch to devil's advocate:

A select CCW applicant views everywhere outside his or her domicile as "potentially" dangerous and based off that should be allowed to carry.

THEY think this is absurd for whatever x y and z reasons anti's believe in.

the "potential" game is a weak one, which is why don't necessarily agree with their regulations, but understand them because if roles were reversed we'd be doing the same thing.

jnojr
06-11-2013, 9:26 AM
Join this:

Donate $$$

Get a BADGE and a CCW

You need to be sponsored by an existing member, first of all.

Also, while it looks like HDSA membership == CCW, the HDSA is chock-full of people with "connections" and business owners... the very folks who are more likely to be able to get a CCW in San Diego anyway.

It isn't a "secret handshake" that gets you a CCW.

jnojr
06-11-2013, 9:27 AM
Haha. Well I just never heard of it before and wanted to know how in the H**L does that get you a badge and CCW through this?

I'm certain the "badge" is A) very clearly NOT a Deputy's badge, and B) encased in Lucite or something. It's a memento, not something you can wave around to get out of tickets :-)

Silent909
07-20-2013, 2:11 AM
Hey guys, I am looking forward to TRY to get a CCW in SD next year. I dont know a lot about CCW but I am learning as I go. I did a little research on CCW in SD and I came across this- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Peruta_v._County_of_San_Diego

Now if I am reading this right, he got turned down the 1st time due to open carry laws but now that is gone, self defense should be back in as "Good Cause". I am not sure if its still pending or what but hope someone can point it out to me.

Second: someone mentioned about COUNTIES. If that is so then I live in North County San Diego & my city does not have Sheriff. Does that mean I have a better chance of getting one then where Sheriff Gore roam?

lorax3
07-20-2013, 2:34 AM
I am not sure if its still pending or what but hope someone can point it out to me.

The case is still pending. Prior, the court was waiting on other cases to be decided first (Mehl), but that case has since been resolved.

We are hoping for a decision in Peruta by the end of 2013.

If you have not listened to the most recent oral arguments, I would suggest you take the time and listen, it's pretty good.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view.php?pk_id=0000010109

Silent909
07-20-2013, 3:45 AM
The case is still pending. Prior, the court was waiting on other cases to be decided first (Mehl), but that case has since been resolved.

We are hoping for a decision in Peruta by the end of 2013.

If you have not listened to the most recent oral arguments, I would suggest you take the time and listen, it's pretty good.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/media/view.php?pk_id=0000010109

Oh alright thanks. I will check that out.

golfguy
07-21-2013, 8:59 PM
Bill Kolendar, who was the sheriff before "Ruby Ridge" is in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimer’s.

He only gave CCW's to his friends.

Karma is a *****!

It will take a court case for citizens to win back their rights from the **** birds who were put in charge.

OldBlueMan
07-22-2013, 9:25 PM
Second: someone mentioned about COUNTIES. If that is so then I live in North County San Diego & my city does not have Sheriff. Does that mean I have a better chance of getting one then where Sheriff Gore roam?

'North County' refers to northern San Diego county, not a separate county. Gore is still your Sheriff (and mine too, unfortunately).

CessnaDriver
07-22-2013, 9:37 PM

If general self protection were recognized by Gore, I'm sure it would be easy for many of us.

Odds of him ever discovering the constitution are slim to none though.

So would a part time side business of selling and transporting gold coins to fellow firearms owners locally work? LOL

What qualifies as a "business that requires the added security"?

swopjan
07-25-2013, 8:15 PM
It sure would be nice if somebody dusted off Article II Section 1 of the Constitution. That's the one about full faith and credit being given to the records (such as CCW) of other states :)

Of course, the second half of that section says the federal government regulates how that happens, so we'd be SOL there too given the current political climate.

XenosAce
07-26-2013, 6:07 AM
Hey guys, I am looking forward to TRY to get a CCW in SD next year. I dont know a lot about CCW but I am learning as I go. I did a little research on CCW in SD and I came across this- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Peruta_v._County_of_San_Diego

Now if I am reading this right, he got turned down the 1st time due to open carry laws but now that is gone, self defense should be back in as "Good Cause". I am not sure if its still pending or what but hope someone can point it out to me.

North county is not actually a county. We are all still San Diego county. Good luck in getting your CCW. Keep us informed if you do. But like OldBlueMan said Gore is still all of our sheriff for the time being.

Nate
08-24-2013, 9:34 AM

Troll! How many different usernames are you using now. Jackson_DKMG, The Paper Pimp, S470FM

Did you ever give the money back to the member you never shipped the parts to? Notice the number, 619-746-1490

Just want to let the local SD guys of a not so ethical member.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=811633&highlight=619-746-1490

http://ww.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=615422&styleid=6&styleid=6

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=670349

By the way, nice iTrader!

jnojr
08-24-2013, 10:32 AM
So would a part time side business of selling and transporting gold coins to fellow firearms owners locally work? LOL

What qualifies as a "business that requires the added security"?

They want to see a "real business", not a hobby that you use for an excuse to get a CCW. I'm told they ask for tax records, business license, bank statements, etc. to prove it's "real"... and as yet another way to avoid issuing.

My best suggestion is to donate to the groups that are funding the various lawsuits, because the courts is the ONLY way California is going to remove "discretion" from the Sheriffs and get shall-issue.