PDA

View Full Version : Time frame for CMP M1Garand

WokMaster1
01-11-2013, 8:21 PM
So I finally sent in all the paperwork for a SA service grade M1 Garand. :D

Has anyone recently bought one? I was just wondering when they would charge my CC & how long it would take for them to ship it & would they inform you via email when they ship it so you can wait for it at home?

I mailed it in last week. Thanks.

angry
01-11-2013, 9:19 PM
took 45 days to get mine

angry
01-11-2013, 9:19 PM
took 45 days to get mine

2FFords
01-11-2013, 9:43 PM
I want to say it was just under 60 days that my order that was filled right before Christmas. CMP will email you one or two days before your shipment is due to be shipped, so watch your email like a hawk. Is you can't be home you may want to have Fed ex hold it at one of their distribution sites and pick it up after work.

WokMaster1
01-11-2013, 9:44 PM
When did they charge your Credit Card or cash your check?

2FFords
01-11-2013, 9:45 PM
Sorry about the spelling, the auto correct on my phone had a mind of its own.

2FFords
01-11-2013, 9:47 PM
My check was cashed when my order was processed and it took another three weeks or so to get to the shipping dept.

baddos
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
I got mine in about 2 1/2 weeks beleive it or not. This was in December 2012. It came just in time for christmas!

pro-nra
01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Once you receive your DBU email, I would say a week to 10 days after that and the BWT of joy will shot up before 10:30 delivering some long flat box from CMP.

Like this. What a beautiful site to see.
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/pro-nra/DSC02737.jpg
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/pro-nra/DSC02739.jpg
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/pro-nra/DSC02741.jpg

farmerjoe
01-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I stopped in Port Clinton last summer and bought Correct Grade in .308. It shipped the next day and beat me home.

navycorpsman
01-11-2013, 11:40 PM
I will tell you that they will take about 45-60 days at least. O said they had thousands of orders waiting for them when they Got back on the 2nd. They are so backed up, they are not even worrying about the atores

Sailormilan2
01-12-2013, 5:36 AM
I sent in an order for a Navy barreled receiver and an HRA Service GRade around the 18th of Nov, and had them 4 weeks to the day after I sent the order in. Might have been a bit quicker since the GCA hadn't updated me and I had to resubmit my notorized form. But, that was before the madness started.
Currently waiting for an order of Carbine ammo to get processed, and it was submitted on the 3rd of Jan. I just sent in an order for another barreled receiver. Since the craze has started, who knows how long it will take.

pro-nra
01-12-2013, 6:55 AM
I stopped in Port Clinton last summer and bought Correct Grade in .308. It shipped the next day and beat me home.
I have never seen a "Correct Grade in .308". Does it say on the COA as "Correct Grade"? The latest .308 offering is the CMP Special which is a put together rifle with parts from every manufacturer and era to include repro parts and CBI tube. Not what you call "Correct Grade".

I would be interested to see what you have. Please post pics.

Lone_Gunman
01-12-2013, 7:05 AM
I have never seen a "Correct Grade in .308". Does it say on the COA as "Correct Grade"? The latest .308 offering is the CMP Special which is a put together rifle with parts from every manufacturer and era to include repro parts and CBI tube. Not what you call "Correct Grade".

I would be interested to see what you have. Please post pics.

I bet he means a special grade.

Bouy
01-12-2013, 7:26 AM
I ordered my Service Grade around Late February 2012 and it got charged and shipped within a month. I'd say about 24 days from submission to receipt.

My M-1 came with a new wood furniture too so it actually looked like it was brand new. Wish I could post pics from here.

The case it arrives in too is pretty nice. Also it's quite long, won't fit in the trunk of my Civic Coupe width-wise, I have to drop the back seat to slide in in that way.

Eljay
01-12-2013, 8:05 AM
Orest also mentioned they have so many people working to get service grades ready to go the armorers have stopped working on the IHC Garands. If they run out of ready-to-go service grades it could take quite a while for orders to be filled.

pro-nra
01-12-2013, 8:20 AM
I bet he means a special grade.
Big difference from correct to special. If there was a "Correct Grade" .308 I'm sure it would have gone to acution and would fetch few thousand dollars.

Orest also mentioned they have so many people working to get service grades ready to go the armorers have stopped working on the IHC Garands. If they run out of ready-to-go service grades it could take quite a while for orders to be filled.
Today we are all spoiled by how fast O and the CMP folks cranks them out. When I bought my first M1 through the old DCM, it was so long that I forgot about it till one day a long box was delivered with a post war SA M1. Took over a year for mine to arrive. So, a month or two pales to the old DCM standard of over a year.:eek:

WokMaster1
01-12-2013, 8:57 AM
Wow! Looks like I'll be waiting for a bit then. I also ordered 30.06 Greek ammo, enbloc clips & sling. Do they ship separately or altogether?

Also, how do you folks carry your ammo (loaded in clips). Do you use the GI issued pouches? Any pictures will be appreciated. Thanks.:D

navycorpsman
01-12-2013, 1:20 PM
Wow! Looks like I'll be waiting for a bit then. I also ordered 30.06 Greek ammo, enbloc clips & sling. Do they ship separately or altogether?

Also, how do you folks carry your ammo (loaded in clips). Do you use the GI issued pouches? Any pictures will be appreciated. Thanks.:D

Ammo is seperate. Ammo is shipped only ground and Rifles are next day Air. Ammo will come WAYYYY before the rifle since its submitted through the E-Store online

WokMaster1
01-12-2013, 4:18 PM
Ammo is seperate. Ammo is shipped only ground and Rifles are next day Air. Ammo will come WAYYYY before the rifle since its submitted through the E-Store online

ooops! I wrote all my orders on the order sheet. Garand, clips, ammo & sling. I thought since this is my 1st time ordering, I should do that.

glug
01-12-2013, 4:23 PM
I sent in my paperwork on Dec 18 and I just got confirmation that they received it 2 days ago. I have not gotten a real order number yet. Either they had a long xmas break or they are real swamped right now (or both).

pro-nra
01-12-2013, 5:02 PM
ooops! I wrote all my orders on the order sheet. Garand, clips, ammo & sling. I thought since this is my 1st time ordering, I should do that.
You are GTG on one order form but they will send the rifle overnight while ground for the ORM-D ammo.

Eljay
01-12-2013, 5:55 PM
I sent in my paperwork on Dec 18 and I just got confirmation that they received it 2 days ago. I have not gotten a real order number yet. Either they had a long xmas break or they are real swamped right now (or both).

Both. They do all take off for a coupe of weeks around Christmas because it's all hands on deck during the summer because they have to deal with competitions, etc.

Mr.Sandman
01-13-2013, 6:34 PM
Sounds like I will probably get my ammo before the rifle due to the rush of orders.

dinkydau
01-14-2013, 9:35 AM
So I finally sent in all the paperwork for a SA service grade M1 Garand. :D

Has anyone recently bought one? I was just wondering when they would charge my CC & how long it would take for them to ship it & would they inform you via email when they ship it so you can wait for it at home?

I mailed it in last week. Thanks.

Last year I went to Port Clinton to see the place and to actually be able to pick one out personally. Great places to eat walleye and perch!This was on a Saturday and Monday they shipped it by Fedex, which was $22 something. I also went to the Anniston store in October and picked two of them out.
The Correct Grade is with the matching parts/numbers. The stock is original. I found one that the stock was in emmaculate shape.
I bought a CMP Special Grade which the hardware may have mixed parts, but the stock is brand new, not original. Thats what a CMP Special is. You can go to the rifle sales and then click on Garand and it will explain everything. All 3 of mine were made in the mid 50's which was fine with me.
You can go to the CMP(Civilian Marksmanship Program) webiste and on their home page you can click on" sales" and then on the lower left margin is "Forums." Once there you can register like you did here and then ask all kinds of questions and you will get answers and replies. Very nice people!!

Coltken
01-15-2013, 9:42 AM
Do you have to hold a c&r license to purchase from the cmp?

Getssum96
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
No C&R required