PDA

View Full Version : Want to scout a pig hunting area with me on Friday? (North of Sac)

ohsmily
08-29-2007, 5:06 PM
I just moved to the Sacramento area (Davis to be exact). I want to do some pig hunting (first time hunting pig) and received a tip from a fellow member about an area that is public land and is a good area to hunt pigs up here. The area is about 1.5 hours north of Sacramento. I want to make a scouting trip to the area before I make an actual hunting trip out of it.

Other than my wife and some of her vet school friends, I don't know anyone up here; hence this post.

So, does anyone, experienced hunter or not, want to scout out the area with me on Friday? I don't have high hopes of finding much b/c pig hunting on public land is usually pretty sparse, but you never know. But, at the least it will be a nice hike in the outdoors and there is always the possibility we will get lucky and see signs of some pigs or find actual pigs.

If you are thinking of joining me, please be fit enough to do some rigorous hiking in what may be hilly, overgrown terrain in hot temperatures.

I would plan on leaving from Davis rather early (probably around 7 or maybe 8 at the latest) to try and get a start on hiking around before it hits the high 90's.

Yes, I know this is somewhat last minute and it is a weekday, but, you never know.

big jon
08-29-2007, 5:14 PM
R U close to Red Bluff? I`ve been trying to get up there for years I`ve heard the pig hunting is very good, check with the guys over at http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ great site.

cornholio1
08-29-2007, 6:43 PM
I just moved to the Sacramento area (Davis to be exact). I want to do some pig hunting (first time hunting pig) and received a tip from a fellow member about an area that is public land and is a good area to hunt pigs up here. The area is about 1.5 hours north of Sacramento. I want to make a scouting trip to the area before I make an actual hunting trip out of it.

Other than my wife and some of her vet school friends, I don't know anyone up here; hence this post.

So, does anyone, experienced hunter or not, want to scout out the area with me on Friday? I don't have high hopes of finding much b/c pig hunting on public land is usually pretty sparse, but you never know. But, at the least it will be a nice hike in the outdoors and there is always the possibility we will get lucky and see signs of some pigs or find actual pigs.

If you are thinking of joining me, please be fit enough to do some rigorous hiking in what may be hilly, overgrown terrain in hot temperatures.

I would plan on leaving from Davis rather early (probably around 7 or maybe 8 at the latest) to try and get a start on hiking around before it hits the high 90's.

Yes, I know this is somewhat last minute and it is a weekday, but, you never know.

Will you be correcting my bad english if I go? haha j/k

ivanimal
09-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I work in Vacaville, we should get together and shoot at lunchtime soon. I have a free range to use.

KickinItInSD
09-07-2007, 3:06 PM
Hey guys, me and my roommate are just getting into hunting, and we both go to Davis. We would love to get together with you all if we can. We are coming up through the Sierra's after 2 weeks of hunting/fishing @ Rock Creek, Walker, Tahoe Area. We'll be up in late September.

-Matt