PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Hunting as a Gun Owner

FourT6and2
01-10-2013, 4:55 PM
I just moved to San Francisco. I have one pistol that I have for range use only. I'm in my late 20's. I'm wondering if being a gun owner is something I should tell potential roommates when looking for an apartment? You know, the whole Craigslist thing where people are looking for someone to rent a room in their multi-room apartment/flat/town house.

I don't want to freak people out. I'm not a gun "nut" or anything. But I don't want to run into an awkward situation where I'm cleaning my pistol after a range trip and my roommate walks in and gets weirded out. I also don't want to be denied a lease for being a gun owner either. But I guess it's always their prerogative to not rent to someone for whatever reason...

winnre
01-10-2013, 5:16 PM
Normally I'd keep it top myself unless they bring it up as a lease condition. Some people discriminate on gender, some on age, some on politics. Being that it's San Francisco, yea you may want to mention it as you may as well be a satan worshiper in Alabama.

delta9
01-10-2013, 6:06 PM
Don't bring it up and make sure you have it secured when you are not at home

crazy
01-24-2013, 9:18 AM
What caliber do you use to hunt apartments?

db42
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
AS others have already said, don't bring it up unless they ask and keep it well hidden when you're gone.

4DMASTR
01-26-2013, 7:58 AM
Don't ask, don't tell, and keep it well secured.