PDA

View Full Version : Jackson trying to shut down DSA / JFK's assassination

SemiAutoSam
08-29-2007, 1:56 PM
I Hope Dave sues the crap out of Jesse Jackson.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=26722

Despite no evidence of legal wrongdoing, the Rev. Jesse Jackson wants a Lake Barrington gun plant shut down.

Jackson, founder and CEO of the Chicago-based Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, will at noon today lead a protest in front of D.S. Arms, a gun manufacturer that's been registered in Lake Barrington since 1998.

More than 30 protests to ban assault weapons are planned today around the country. Stopping gun manufacturing would halt illegal distribution of firearms, which feeds into the illegal drug trade, Jackson argues.

"This is not about Barrington; it's about gun death, and gun manufacturing," Jackson said.

Jackson wants residents to be aware of the gun plant and rally against it. He spoke Monday night at Barrington United Methodist Church in Barrington Hills. He blamed the illegal gun trade for mass slayings like the ones in Columbine and Virginia Tech.

Society has become desensitized to inner city gun violence, and the suburbs need to take notice, Jackson said.

"We don't make guns in the city of Chicago," he said. "We don't manufacture death."

Monday, someone answering the phone at D.S. Arms said they were reserving comment until after the rally. D.S. Arms, at 27W900 Industrial Ave. in Lake Barrington, makes military and police assault weapons, Jackson said.

In-state events are also planned today for Evanston and Springfield. The rally coincides with the anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington, where civil-rights leader the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. spoke. Jackson noted that King met with President John F. Kennedy Jr. before the speech. The two were killed with high-powered weapons like the ones Jackson wants to ban.

The protests also coincide with the 1955 slaying of Emmett Till, a black Chicago teenager who was shot in the head after whistling at a white woman. The all-white jury instantly acquitted the two white suspects.

"The assassination aroused the consciousness of an entire nation," Jackson said.

Jackson also differentiated assault weapons from guns used to hunt deer.

"These weapons are for people hunting," Jackson said.

Lake Barrington Village President Kevin Richardson will take part in today's protest. But he stressed the Lake County sheriff's office has not reported any problems with D.S. Arms. He did not say he would support or oppose the plant shutting down, and said his village manager has spoken with officials from the plant.

But if the village did hear of any problems, they would "swiftly and immediately take action," Richardson said. Richardson mentioned July's discovery of 30,000 marijuana plants at a nearby Cook County forest preserve as an example.

"It's all a matter of public safety," he said.

Assault weapons were banned in 1994 by President Bill Clinton, but in 2004 the ban ended.

"Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney allowed the sun to set," Jackson said.

Barrington Hills Village President Robert Abboud is a proud gun owner but supports banning assault weapons. Abboud, whose family is longtime friends with Jackson, won't be participating in today's protest, saying he felt uncomfortable with targeting a law-abiding business.

Abboud added the problems isn't just urban. If Barrington Hills doesn't aid neighboring towns that are having difficulties with gun control, Abboud said his village will be susceptible to the same problems.

Church officials in Barrington Hills decided on Friday to host the event, as they were approached by officials from other churches affiliated with Jackson. Barrington United has no longstanding history with Jackson or Rainbow/PUSH.

"We want a cooperative effort to keep our children safe whether we live in the city or suburbs," Barrington United pastor the Rev. Jim Wilson said. "The issue concerns all of us whether we are black or white, rich or poor."

Corey11c
08-29-2007, 2:15 PM
"The two [Kennedy and King] were killed with high-powered weapons like the ones Jackson wants to ban."

"Jackson also differentiated assault weapons from guns used to hunt deer."

Weren't they both shot with bolt action rifles??? Like the ones used to hunt deer?

Oops, sorry. I have a bad tendency to always bring facts into the argument.

anotherted
08-29-2007, 3:16 PM
The man is a complete farce.

Glock22Fan
08-29-2007, 3:26 PM
He blamed the illegal gun trade for mass slayings like the ones in Columbine and Virginia Tech.

Could someone please refresh my memory? Weren't both of these unfortunate incidents caused by legally owned (even if borrowed) guns? And, neither of them involved so-called "Assault weapons," did they?

Winn R
08-29-2007, 3:34 PM
And Jesse always travels with armed guards. It's "you people" he wants to take the guns from.

StukaJr
08-29-2007, 3:51 PM
Kennedy was shot with Sporterized Mannlicher-Carano, purchased from the magazine add.

The MTK's assassination is less clear cut, but the claimed rifle looked like any bolt action deer rifle with a scope.

SemiAutoSam
08-29-2007, 4:06 PM
Please dont tell me you really have bought into this load of BS.

Kennedy was shot with Sporterized Mannlicher-Carano, purchased from the magazine add.

The MTK's assassination is less clear cut, but the claimed rifle looked like any bolt action deer rifle with a scope.

StukaJr
08-29-2007, 4:11 PM
Please dont tell me you really have bought into this load of BS.

What BS? I'm just answering on the questions about the two assassination weapons.

peepshowal
08-29-2007, 4:41 PM
:lurk5:

dfletcher
08-29-2007, 4:43 PM
Various theories aside, the President was killed with a bolt action rifle - Mannlicher Carcano. It was not what I would call sporterized other than having an inexpensive side mounted scope on it. Mr King was killed with a Remington semi auto or slide action, I don't quite recall.

And by the way, having been there on Aug 28 1963 I'm aware the President did not meet with Mr King until after the event was peacefully concluded.

StukaJr
08-29-2007, 4:56 PM
Various theories aside, the President was killed with a bolt action rifle - Mannlicher Carcano. It was not what I would call sporterized other than having an inexpensive side mounted scope on it.

That's close to what I have said - sporterizing a surplus rifle usually involves modifications to the sights, mounting a scope or replacing the stock among few other alterations... One modification is enough for me to call rifle "sporterized". At least that's the context I use it in - like a '03 Springfield set into a Monte Carlo stock and peep sights installed would be a Sporterized Rifle in my vocabulary.

JFK assasination shows that no matter how much information is opened to the public - some choose to still look in dark corners and speculate.

Solidmch
08-29-2007, 5:06 PM
Well the nice thing about having Jesse Jackson running something, is the majority of Americans will do the oppisite of whatever he says.

dfletcher
08-29-2007, 5:11 PM
This part almost slipped by me - there's so much else that is objectionable in the article:

"Barrington Hills Village President Robert Abboud is a proud gun owner but supports banning assault weapons. Abboud, whose family is longtime friends with Jackson, won't be participating in today's protest, saying he felt uncomfortable with targeting a law-abiding business."

Someone should contact this fellow and thank him for lending legitimacy to Jesse's position.

SemiAutoSam
08-29-2007, 5:19 PM
I honestly think this theory is total BS.

While Oswald was found with a Mannlicher Carcano No way in hell do I believe Oswald killed Kennedy on his own.

Search Kenc9's posts about JFK and you will learn that Kennedy was shot at least in part by a Gun that was fired below street level at a Curb side gutter storm drain inlet. Rense.com also has many web pages on the JFK assassination and all of that data leads to Oswald being only a fall guy nothing more.

Various theories aside, the President was killed with a bolt action rifle - Mannlicher Carcano. It was not what I would call sporterized other than having an inexpensive side mounted scope on it. Mr King was killed with a Remington semi auto or slide action, I don't quite recall.

And by the way, having been there on Aug 28 1963 I'm aware the President did not meet with Mr King until after the event was peacefully concluded.

oaklander
08-29-2007, 5:20 PM
Here's a reasoned response:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/28/AR2007082801701.html

The Violence Is Rooted in the Culture, Not the Gun Store

By Courtland Milloy
Wednesday, August 29, 2007; Page B01

Not long ago, I brought my gun to Realco Guns in District Heights for cleaning. It is a vintage, J.C. Higgins .22-caliber rifle that my dad purchased from Sears around 1964. We belonged to a father-and-son club in my home town, Shreveport, La., and this was the gun we used whenever the group went out to shoot at tin cans.

In the middle of so much gun violence, it's not easy to cling to fond memories of those days.

During my visit to Realco, several young African American men were checking out large-caliber firearms in a display case. I asked some of them why they wanted a gun.

"Protection," one replied.

"You never know who you might run into," another said.

Nobody mentioned shooting tin cans with Dad.

A protest rally was held outside the gun store yesterday. It turns out that Realco, according to federal data, is the Washington region's biggest source of firearms used in crimes. Apparently guns purchased legally from the store have been resold to or stolen by people who aren't supposed to have them. So several dozen protesters gathered to chant: "Stop the violence! Save the children!" Some even believed that forcing Realco out of business would help to accomplish those things.

"Since I became mayor, getting rid of guns and closing down this store have been high on my list of priorities," District Heights Mayor James Walls told me at the rally. "They've got to come to us for business permits, and we'll be taking a close look at their role in the gun violence that is killing so many of our people."

Realco declined to comment, but an employee released a statement declaring that all its firearms sales are legal and follow procedures set by the FBI and the Maryland State Police.

The protest was organized by the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, founded by the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Not far away, gun advocates staged a counter-protest to decry the dropping of murder charges in cases in which witnesses were too afraid to testify.

"Stop [expletive] and start snitching," one yelled into a loudspeaker.

Not the best way to make a case for gun rights. But the gun-control folks have their shortcomings, too.Someone read a statement from Jackson urging "gun shops and gun manufacturers to stop the epidemic of rising gun violence."

Excuse me, but I just don't see why any black person would expect gun manufacturers and dealers to help us stop killing ourselves. At Realco, guys pull into the parking lot in big SUVs with tinted glass and spinning rims. They look like gangbangers from a rap music video. If some gun-control advocates had their way, Realco would reject those young black men as customers because they fit a racial profile. And Realco would be sued for not selling guns as surely as it was denounced yesterday for selling them.

And go to any major gun show -- into the heart of America's white gun culture -- and you'll find plenty of Confederate flags and supremacist literature on display. And even if everybody at the show doesn't subscribe to those views, the people there aren't offended enough to stay away.

This fight is not so much over guns as culture. Largely rural, conservative whites are protecting a gun-loving lifestyle because they care more about it than they care about the loss of black lives to gun violence in urban areas. And if you want to fight that culture, you have to have a culture to fight with.

"In my honest opinion, I'm not so concerned about the prevalence of guns," said Kenny Barnes, founder of a D.C.-based anti-gun violence campaign called Guns Aside. "Violence isn't the issue; it's a symptom. It's the result of too many dysfunctional households, failing schools, drug and alcohol abuse and a saturation of music that promotes self-destruction."

Daniel Webster, co-director of the Center for Gun Policy and Research at Johns Hopkins University, argues that rebuilding a culture, strengthening communities and families, is much harder when guns are in the mix.

"It used to be the case that adults in the community would not feel restrained if they saw teenagers getting into trouble, doing things that they shouldn't," he told me during a recent interview. "Now that doesn't occur because people are afraid that the youngsters are carrying guns. Guns have taken away what for centuries has been an effective means of social control. You can ask for greater involvement by concerned citizens, mentors, parents and teachers, but that becomes very difficult to do when the person causing the trouble has a gun."

Unless, perhaps, you have one, too.

The rifle that my dad bought in '64 was probably as much for home defense as for target practice. But protection is not why I wanted the gun. Realco made it look like new, and I plan to mount it as a showpiece, a reminder of the days when kids shot tin cans instead of one another.

E-mail:milloyc@washpost.com

Bad Voodoo
08-29-2007, 6:23 PM
"In my honest opinion, I'm not so concerned about the prevalence of guns," said Kenny Barnes, founder of a D.C.-based anti-gun violence campaign called Guns Aside. "Violence isn't the issue; it's a symptom. It's the result of too many dysfunctional households, failing schools, drug and alcohol abuse and a saturation of music that promotes self-destruction."

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! And this from an anti organization?!? :eek:

-voodoo

StukaJr
08-29-2007, 6:40 PM

While Oswald was round with a Mannlicher Carcano No way in hell do I believe Oswald killed Kennedy on his own.

Search Kenc9's posts about JFK and you will learn that Kennedy was shot at least in part by a Gun that was fired below street level at a Curb side gutter storm drain inlet. Rense.com also has many web pages on the JFK assassination and all of that data leads to Oswald being only a fall guy nothing more.

The findings of the Warren Commission and House Select Committee are publicly available and accessible to anybody who wants it - and I'm going to read ravings of some Conspiracy nutters and theories which are either based on some erroneous assumptions or don't even have circumstantial evidence to back them up? What's next? Maybe I should seriously consider 9/11 Conspiracies? :43:

Here is a good source for a "single shooter" believer, like myself:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

BTW, while History Channel has been a long time spreader of JFK Conspiracy Theories, their latest 2 part special on JFK Assassination (aired last year in June) and it's many "mysteries"... It debunks these theories one by one and with very solid evidence and research - be it bullet trajectories (3D recreation of motorcade, bullet paths, footage analysis), grassy knoll, etc

As for shot coming from the front, read and weep:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/head.htm

SemiAutoSam
08-29-2007, 6:50 PM
Well you can believe what ever you want but im sure alot of others know better than what the warren commission had to say on the JFK assassination.

Again you can believe what ever you like on 911 as well.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

I seriously doubt you GID about these issues anyhow so just disregard my posts.

The findings of the Warren Commission and House Select Committee are publicly available and accessible to anybody who wants it - and I'm going to read ravings of some Conspiracy nutters and theories which are either based on some erroneous assumptions or don't even have circumstantial evidence to back them up? What's next? Maybe I should seriously consider 9/11 Conspiracies? :43:

Here is a good source for a "single shooter" believer, like myself:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

BTW, while History Channel has been a long time spreader of JFK Conspiracy Theories, their latest 2 part special on JFK Assassination (aired last year in June) and it's many "mysteries"... It debunks these theories one by one and with very solid evidence and research - be it bullet trajectories (3D recreation of motorcade, bullet paths, footage analysis), grassy knoll, etc

As for shot coming from the front, read and weep:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/head.htm

Glock22Fan
08-29-2007, 7:08 PM
Largely rural, conservative whites are protecting a gun-loving lifestyle because they care more about it than they care about the loss of black lives to gun violence in urban areas. And if you want to fight that culture, you have to have a culture to fight with.

I don't know about everyone on this forum, but I'm not buying into this theory. It isn't that I don't care about young black lives, it's that I sincerely believe that the anti-gunners' belief that those lives would somehow magically be saved if I gave up my guns is completely cretinous.

shark92651
08-29-2007, 7:09 PM
Jackson is such a race-baiting media whore. What weapon was used to kill Emimitt Till in 1955?

dfletcher
08-29-2007, 9:17 PM
While it's true a gun was used to kill him, Till was beaten practically to death before being shot and killed by Roy Bryant and J.W. Milam. His body was then thrown in the river. Hopefully those two folks are now rotting in hell.

CALI-gula
08-29-2007, 9:34 PM

While Oswald was found with a Mannlicher Carcano No way in hell do I believe Oswald killed Kennedy on his own.

My father knew Oswald, both as a Marine and as an aquaintance. Verifiable documentation and photos prove his association. My father is asbolutely sure to this day that Oswald did it alone. His clout on the matter is better than anything you will ever find on-line, in a movie, on the History channel, or in any library.

I will not comment any further on this topic.

Mute
08-29-2007, 9:36 PM
My father knew Oswald, both as a Marine and as an aquaintance. Verifiable documentation and photos prove his association. My father is asbolutely sure to this day that Oswald did it alone. His clout on the matter is better than anything you will ever find on-line, in a movie, on the History channel, or in any library.

The problem is we don't have access to the stage where they faked the moon landings. That's where all the evidence is for the JFK shooting. It's being guarded by Elvis.

SemiAutoSam
08-29-2007, 9:48 PM
I do appreciate that.

dfletcher
08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
The problem is we don't have access to the stage where they faked the moon landings. That's where all the evidence is for the JFK shooting. It's being guarded by Elvis.

That's ridiculous - Elvis is working at Corky's in Memphis. ;)

dicast
08-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Jackson should rally in prison ground when all the murder and killers are located. It’s them that did all the killing. Majority of crime committed in the ghetto are black on black crime. I'm not white but blaming on white folks will not solve your problem. If the police doing anything to stop any of this crime the first thing coming from this man mouth is races. Picking on guns and law abide citizen is not going to save any one. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Q
08-30-2007, 12:24 AM
WTF-DSArms-:confused:
jesse jackson-:nuts:

hoffmang
08-30-2007, 12:40 AM
On Oswald - go to the Depository and see the shot. It wasn't that hard of a shot at all - especially from where he took it. At the museum you are forced to stay about 20' to the right.

Jackson has this bad habit (which is good for us) of being associated with lame duck movements...

-Gene

FreshTapCoke
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Jackson is such a race-baiting media whore. What weapon was used to kill Emimitt Till in 1955?

I'm pretty sure it was either a Tec-9 or possibly a HK91.

Rumpled
08-30-2007, 1:39 AM
Jesse should just keep his high and mighty pecker in his pants.
When he does that and ducks the next time a camera pans his way; then I might actually listen to what the buffon has to say before I disregard it.

EastBayRidge
08-30-2007, 6:49 AM
Jackson's been out of the spotlight for a while now, since the affair became news - unfortunately for him, he's hitched his proverbial wagon to a nag (gun control) that's due for a trip to the glue factory.

StukaJr
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Well you can believe what ever you want but im sure alot of others know better than what the warren commission had to say on the JFK assassination.

Warren Commission Report is a little lacking - but remember there was also the second, House Select Committee investigation into that matter (which shone a lot of new light on the assassination). Conspiracy nuts always concentrate on the prior and not the latter.

Again you can believe what ever you like on 911 as well.

I can believe my lying eyes because I was up on the hill before entering the Lincoln Tunnel that morning - with clear view of the entire Manhattan

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

And you can't prove something true just by doubting validity of other's statement - however, it has been a favorite tactic of various nutters out there (I'll begin with Creationists and work my way up).

I seriously doubt you GID about these issues anyhow so just disregard my posts.

And this Kenc9 apparently is... Too bad, I was looking towards dispelling some of the "Theories" - by providing links to various credible sources, of course.

CCWFacts
08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
"The two [Kennedy and King] were killed with high-powered weapons like the ones Jackson wants to ban." "Jackson also differentiated assault weapons from guns used to hunt deer."

Weren't they both shot with bolt action rifles??? Like the ones used to hunt deer?

Oops, sorry. I have a bad tendency to always bring facts into the argument.

Yes. Kennedy was killed with this gun:

http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano/images/wc1303.gif

a Carcano Manlicher. It was a military gun at the time it was made but, in function and general appearance and ballistics, it is exactly like any bolt-action hunting rifle of the past 50 years.

King: A quick Google search didn't turn up any info on what the gun was, and my impression is that they did not get a good conviction of the guy they said did it. In any case it almost certainly was a plain old bolt action hunting-type rifle.

Not even the Brady Campaign or anyone is seriously proposing a ban on these types of rifles. Sarah Brady even bought one for her son. (Yes I know there are people in the "ban all guns" camp but those are not even mainstream within the Brady Campaign I believe.)

StukaJr
08-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm actually surprised that anybody was able to transcript what reverend was saying at the speech - which LA Radio Station was doing "guess what the Reverend Jessie Jackson have said"? I failed each and every time - it's more of a guesstimate, when you think about...

Michael303
08-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Did a quick search on the rifle used in MLK's assassination. Turns out it was a Remington Gamemaster rifle. From what I found, it's a pump action rifle with a 4 round magazine. Most defiantly a hunting rifle.

But then again, Jessie Jackson has never let the truth get in the way of his agenda, right?

StukaJr
08-30-2007, 12:18 PM
One day Anti's will explain to me what they mean by "high powered" rifle or any weapon for that matter - it seems to be tagged on any firearm that was used in a crime with grave results...

dfletcher
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Warren Commission Report is a little lacking - but remember there was also the second, House Select Committee investigation into that matter (which shone a lot of new light on the assassination). Conspiracy nuts always concentrate on the prior and not the latter.

I can believe my lying eyes because I was up on the hill before entering the Lincoln Tunnel that morning - with clear view of the entire Manhattan

And you can't prove something true just by doubting validity of other's statement - however, it has been a favorite tactic of various nutters out there (I'll begin with Creationists and work my way up).

And this Kenc9 apparently is... Too bad, I was looking towards dispelling some of the "Theories" - by providing links to various credible sources, of course.

My favorite "out there" conspiricy theory starts with "The reason we'll never know the truth is because the Kennedy assassination was not a murder, it was a suicide ......"

Glock22Fan
08-30-2007, 12:47 PM
One day Anti's will explain to me what they mean by "high powered" rifle or any weapon for that matter

1) Anything capable of hurting someone.
2) Whatever they feel like targetting today.

:(

Prc329
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! And this from an anti organization?!? :eek:

-voodoo

To bad no one will listen to this statement.

SemiAutoSam
08-30-2007, 1:32 PM
It seems that I spoke out of turn as Kenc9 will most likely not be posting here any longer.

From speaking to him on the telephone last night it seems he is very tired of attempting to educate those here. the kind of person that believes what ever they read in the paper and or TV Media and does not question authority and or the BS that is being fed to them.

I'm sure the government appreciates that people are do as they are told citizens and do not think for themselves

As the warren commission was assembled by your government their opinion must be correct right ? :rolleyes:

Somewhere I have pics of Bush juniors daddy standing just to the left of the entrance to the school book depository and there are also scans of documents that prove he was a CIA agent around the time of the assassination. I dont totally understand what reason the CIA would have for being in that area just after JFK's assassination it places a question in my head that there could have been CIA involvement in his death.

There is also the matter of information and documents being kept from the public and only now being released. This tactic makes me very suspicious of those in control as it seems they are attempting to hide the facts of the assassination and who did, saw, said what. Kennedy was IMHO Killed by factions of the federal government as they did not like what he was doing and or planning to do. IMHO At the time VP LB Johnson had something to do with his murder.

StukaJr
08-30-2007, 2:07 PM
Dissent is patriotic. Casting doubt on the official report is as well. Asking for release of information is practicing one's rights. Data on JFK Assassination has been public for almost two decades (not sure how is that "just recently"), it has been subject of two federal investigative commissions - the latter, while discovering flaws in investigation has still proved and backed up the official version of events. Choosing one piece of evidence that supports some wild conspiracy while not listening to other official evidence, science or common sense is a Tinfoil Hat Nutter Conspiracy and Idiocracy at best!

There is nothing in the JFK Assassination Conspiracy theories that remain un-debunked by clear and scientific method! Note how I state "theories" - if Kenc9 was "educating" this board, which theory did he preach? As apparently, there are dozens and some describe a series of events of 8, 9, 10 shooters! Talk about some tinfoil hat nutter, huh? Oh, wait...

Name me one thing that JFK conspiracists claim that still casts doubt on the event - I'll make sure to provide a debunk that is backed up and easy to understand. In return, I'd ask that this claim has at least a shadow of a proof. (I'm not asking for much).

Lateralus
08-30-2007, 2:40 PM
Dissent is patriotic. Casting doubt on the official report is as well. Asking for release of information is practicing one's rights. Data on JFK Assassination has been public for almost two decades (not sure how is that "just recently"), it has been subject of two federal investigative commissions - the latter, while discovering flaws in investigation has still proved and backed up the official version of events. Choosing one piece of evidence that supports some wild conspiracy while not listening to other official evidence, science or common sense is a Tinfoil Hat Nutter Conspiracy and Idiocracy at best!

There is nothing in the JFK Assassination Conspiracy theories that remain un-debunked by clear and scientific method! Note how I state "theories" - if Kenc9 was "educating" this board, which theory did he preach? As apparently, there are dozens and some describe a series of events of 8, 9, 10 shooters! Talk about some tinfoil hat nutter, huh? Oh, wait...

Name me one thing that JFK conspiracists claim that still casts doubt on the event - I'll make sure to provide a debunk that is backed up and easy to understand. In return, I'd ask that this claim has at least a shadow of a proof. (I'm not asking for much).

The title of this thread is not about JFK. Its about Jesse Jackson and his nutjob ideas. Please stay on topic and away from attacks on other board members who have been gere a loooong time and contributed greatly to these boards. If you must have an intelligent debate w/o attacking other members, go down the hall, take a left and go into the off topic lounge. Im sure you will find as many responses to the JFK debate as tyou can handle. Thank you.