PDA

View Full Version : steyr m-1a

mblat
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
to buy or not to buy?

And I am really looking for opinions of somebody who has gun, use it, possibly carry it.

Not just "OF CAUSE, BUY". I know that much :D

xjrat
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
YES! BUY IT!!! I do own a .40 m-a1 and LOVE it. There are plenty of
people that ccw them. There is however a limited choice of holsters though
but not enough to deture anyone from owning one. Where do you live? If anywhere close to me I would be more then happy to let you give it a whirl...
in the mean time to see plenty of experiences of ccw for the m-a1 check out steyrclub.com
I love the grip angle and the feel and ponit of the gun. It has a small enough grip that my 5' tall wife can shoot it relatively accurate and she has almost NO hand gun experience. As a matter of fact other then a .38 special revolver that was the only handgun she shot for a long time. Yet the grip is not to small for bigger hands. If you have gigantic hands you just put a houge grip on it and it's fixed...
I don't ccw but I shoot it a one or two times a month and have had it since December.
I don't think you can go wrong for the price, it will stand up to ones two times the price with out a problem...

zefflyn
08-29-2007, 1:54 PM
If you like it, buy it.

bigthaiboy
08-29-2007, 1:55 PM
What's you've seen for the best price for a M-1A?

BossHogg
08-29-2007, 4:08 PM
to buy or not to buy?

And I am really looking for opinions of somebody who has gun, use it, possibly carry it.

Not just "OF CAUSE, BUY". I know that much :D

Just picked up mine in .40 on sunday for $399 @ tuners. I love it. For the price it cant be beat. A little large for carry but definatley light enough.

Started this thread a lil while ago
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=66136

aplinker
08-29-2007, 4:38 PM
I really like them and they're priced well.

However, I like to add things that are somewhat "different" than what I already own... They're a lot like others, so if you have a Glock, XD, M&P, etc., they're probably not going to add anything to your collection -- though they might make you want to trade one of those out.

superhondaz50
08-29-2007, 4:54 PM
get the steyr it's an excellent firearm. It is my favorite and I wouldnt trade it for anything. I put about 6k rounds through it before I decided to clean it, i've fired about 4k more since. No problems, no jams. go get one at Turners

Fjold
08-29-2007, 5:36 PM
We had a similar thread here about them a week ago on the Steyr A1's and I really like my 40-A1 that I bought from Wes. Unfortunately Wifezilla likes it even more and has now claimed it as hers. It has become the home protection gun.

hypertex
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Don't forget to get the 357 SIG barrel!!!

Q
09-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I want to get one, I've only seen the old version. Hopefully I can check out the new one for under $400. CDNN has them for $339 up to 3. 9 or 40.

yallknowho
09-12-2007, 3:26 PM
fantastic pistol. I highly recommend it.