PDA

View Full Version : How many pro gun In the House of Representives?

tombinghamthegreat
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
In order to pass federal legislation they need a majority of Representative to pass lets say a AWB or anything like that. Is there enough pro gun Republicans( and some democrats) to block such bills?

Librarian
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
What's your measure of 'pro-gun'?

NYT article from last Dec 19: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/12/19/us/politics/nra.html

tombinghamthegreat
01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Looks promising that a AWB won't clear the house....

Kopis
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I counted the A rating from GOA and it was something like 196 or 198. I looked at some of the Bs, some where calling for a AWB but the gentlemen from Alaska with a B rating was calling for a repeal of the '94 AWB last decade.

submaniac
01-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Despite the panicking, and the price gouging, and the rampant fear...

I don't think whatever Feinstein, Obama, whatever, want to do has enough votes to pass. I think people are remembering the 1994 Ban, but not realizing in 1994 Democrats controlled both house and senate and white house (and even then they got stuck with a sunsetting provision). Those who are anti gun do not have enough votes to pass the legislation. There's a Republican majority in the house, and there is barely a majority in the senate. Feinstein is just shouting her new plan because it's is what her supporters want to hear, and what will get her the kind of press she likes. I think even she knows she can't pass it.

Moonshine
01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
ANSWER: enough to make Obama consider an EO.

Krak
01-10-2013, 1:44 PM
What's your measure of 'pro-gun'?

NYT article from last Dec 19: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/12/19/us/politics/nra.html

Let's hope all of those politicians with an A rating earn that grade in the coming weeks.

Walker
01-10-2013, 1:49 PM
I just moved less then a year ago from Sacramento to Central Oregon. I wrote a letter to my rep and got a reply I never would have gotten in Sacramento or most places in California.

Dear Nicholas:

Thanks for contacting me with your thoughts on gun control laws in light of the recent shootings.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families affected by these horrible tragedies in Clackamas and Newtown. As a father, I believe that we as a nation must work together to prevent these horrific acts of violence and address the underlying issues that cause them.

Every two years, I raise my hand as your Representative and swear to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution. That's an oath I take seriously. The Second Amendment to the Constitution establishes a citizen's right to keep and bear arms, and I have always been a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.

The shooters in Oregon and Connecticut committed their crimes with stolen guns. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, a majority of guns used by criminals are stolen, bought on the black market, or obtained in other illegal ways. Another law is unlikely to deter these types of attacks which violate multiple laws to begin with.

I do think we can do more on the side of helping people with mental illness and those contemplating suicide. I'm working with leaders in these communities to see what they think would be most effective.

Thank you again for writing me about these issues. It's an honor to represent you in the U.S. Congress.

Best regards,

Greg Walden
Member of Congress

Kopis
01-10-2013, 1:57 PM
Greg Walden
Member of Congress

GoA gave him a B, so things are looking up.

rdsii64
01-10-2013, 2:13 PM
The question is how many pro gun in the House of Representatives. The real question is HOW MANY HAVE THE GUTS NOT TO CAVE

The answer is NOT ENOUGH

Dreaded Claymore
01-10-2013, 3:27 PM
Keep writing letters. This is something you can do.

SlobRay
01-10-2013, 3:37 PM
The question is how many pro gun in the House of Representatives. The real question is HOW MANY HAVE THE GUTS NOT TO CAVE

The answer is NOT ENOUGH

^This is the true question. I hope his answer is wrong though.

Ray

rdsii64
01-10-2013, 7:20 PM
^This is the true question. I hope his answer is wrong though.

Ray
I hope that I am very wrong. I am afraid that I may not be. time will tell.

SwissFluCase
01-10-2013, 7:23 PM

The answer is NOT ENOUGH

The answer to this will likely be up to us.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

tombinghamthegreat
01-10-2013, 7:28 PM
I think the federal laws will be limited. I expect the media to **** there pants on live tv when they see that awb won't pass. The big concern though is states passing their own regulations like CA near gun ban

glocksmith
01-10-2013, 7:55 PM
The only way the house might cave would be if there was huge public support for it, which there is not. None of us living in Cubafornia have to worry about the Federal level too much.

The Grabbers in Ca are on an all out anti binge. They will pass everything and the kitchen sink. Only hope is a court battle that we win.

glocksmith
01-10-2013, 7:55 PM
The only way the house might cave would be if there was huge public support for it, which there is not. None of us living in Cubafornia have to worry about the Federal level too much.

The Grabbers in Ca are on an all out anti binge. They will pass everything and the kitchen sink. Only hope is a court battle that we win.

oceanrider
01-10-2013, 10:06 PM
only the vocal liberals using the media cohorts, are voicing so much oppositiion to lawful gun ownership .

If you look at any talk about gun control or gun laws....just any talk about 2nd amendment or a defensive shooting against an intruder, all the most popular posts that show 2000 or 3000 or 1000 thumbs up, are the ones that support gun rights...

For every 50 or 100 thumbs up, there is one thumbs down.

Judging by this alone, with liberal yahoo website, we have the numbers to vote down any member of congress who goes against gun rights. ( if that person votes primarily gun rights) .

Oh well.... I say we organize a rally of over 1 million people and march on Washington. And march on to each state capitol .