PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at angeles

utemp
08-28-2007, 9:37 PM
do you have to bring your own target stands on the rifle range to set up paper targets?

also was wondering if they provide the tables and benches or should I bring my own?

Guns R Tools
08-28-2007, 9:42 PM
Angeles provide conctrete benches and plastic chairs.

You can put deposit for PVC target holder. You will get your money back unless the holder is shot up.

Or you can bring your own target stands.

Budd
08-30-2007, 7:46 AM
To be a bit more specific - paper is only allowed out to 200 yards - then it is all steel targets out to 600 yards. White rock at the very back of the range is supposed to be 825 yards.:43:

goldfinger
08-30-2007, 5:21 PM
does the target stands have cardboard backing or do we have to supply our own? i might go shoot there tomorrow with the family if the weather permits coz i heard temperature is almost in 100s there. anymore tips for the first timers?

markymark
08-30-2007, 5:38 PM
The PVC target stands have cardboard attached, as well as 2 paper targets.

goldfinger
08-30-2007, 5:51 PM
thanks, how about cameras?

Mute
08-30-2007, 6:45 PM
No rules against cameras. Just don't be a doofus and I think you'll be ok.

goldfinger
08-31-2007, 5:42 PM
me, the wife and the 2 kids made it there around 1030 this morning . the temperature was just right. angeles was a A-ok, the RO's were cool with me & the kids (but not with other goofs). i set up a 100 yard target but ending using it just to verify my zero (and somebody shot the frame). me and my eldest son enjoyed the the plates so much. one comment though, the shooting tables were kinda low for me.

Fun was doubled when I brought out my 308. one lesson learned, 308s are better on the plates than 223 because it sounds better.

i'll make sure i'll be back to angeles in our next socal trip, and maybe leave the wife in my sisters place next time (I ended up only using half of my handloads that i bought because of her complaining of the heat). she was supportive though (on the first two & half hours...)

wish we have of this kind of ranges in the bay area...

Mute
08-31-2007, 6:18 PM
Glad you liked it. Maybe your next visit could coincide with one of the SoCal Calguns precision rifle shoots.

38aht
08-31-2007, 6:40 PM
Glad you liked it. Maybe your next visit could coincide with one of the SoCal Calguns precision rifle shoots.

When would those be? I'm interested in Service rifle shooting.

Mute
08-31-2007, 6:48 PM

Not Service rifle, but it will certainly help you learn and prepare for that kind of competition:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=67525

38aht
08-31-2007, 6:59 PM
nothing like service rifle, but thanks. Looks like a great opportunity for some instruction. I don't have those kinds of rifles.

kj
08-31-2007, 7:47 PM

38aht - The Golden Bears hold a reduced highpower match the third Sunday of every month, LARC Pistol and Rifle club on the first Saturday, and the JPL Gun club on the third Saturday.

38aht
09-01-2007, 6:59 PM
So, do you know how to get in touch with Tom Temple. I'd like to get some info before I show up for no reason. None of those organisations have current contact info.

kj
09-01-2007, 9:16 PM
So, do you know how to get in touch with Tom Temple. I'd like to get some info before I show up for no reason. None of those organisations have current contact info.

I sent you a PM. Also, feel free to ask any questions regarding the highpower matches. If I can't answer it, I'll find somebody who can.

38aht
09-02-2007, 6:27 AM
KJ, it's been my goal for several years to get into high power. I'm now in a position to start. Thanks for the PM. I hope that we'll be talkinng soon.