PDA

View Full Version : legal question need advice

Cadre
01-09-2013, 9:58 PM
first time posting here so forgive me if.

a friend of mine is selling me a firearm/long gun.

here is the problem

not to long ago his cousin was pulled over by LEO my friend was a passenger.

1) LEO found MJ that belongs to his cousin the charge was intention to sell
2) my friend is also being charged for intention to sell
3) the LEO because of number 2 had access to his cell phone and found a photo of his AR.
4) until proven innocent LEO came with a search warrant and confiscated the AR at his home.
5) lawyer said LEO will not release firearm to my friend because of number 2
the only way LEO will release firearms is if is being sold and legally transferred to another person.

is there going to be a problem on my end if I buy this firearm?

please let me know if I am missing anything I will answer the best I can.

thanks in advance.

cowboyup
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
6. I gave Jason Davis' phone number to my friend...

Cadre
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
6. I gave Jason Davis' phone number to my friend...

roger that.

P5Ret
01-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Second time? seems the story changed a bit from the first post, a couple joints is not possession for sales. A picture of an AR is not probable cause to justify a search warrant by the way, especially since it is not relevant to the offense.

Cadre
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Second time? seems the story changed a bit from the first post, a couple joints is not possession for sales. A picture of an AR is not probable cause to justify a search warrant by the way, especially since it is not relevant to the offense.

yeah I figured there was something missing I came and talked to him and got the above answer, as for the picture leading to the SW a fake is on the AR and LEO wanted to make sure its not the real deal. I've never seen this in real life that's why if you see any holes let me know because it will keep me out of trouble.

should I just stay away from this ar? I just hate to waste a good deal.

phrogg111
01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
yeah I figured there was something missing I came and talked to him and got the above answer, as for the picture leading to the SW a fake is on the AR and LEO wanted to make sure its not the real deal. I've never seen this in real life that's why if you see any holes let me know because it will keep me out of trouble.

should I just stay away from this ar? I just hate to waste a good deal.

Do what you can to get your friend out of trouble.

If your friend cannot get his AR back, he is usually legally allowed to appoint someone - usually a lawyer, can be someone else - to sell his AR for him to "help pay legal fees".

Cadre
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Do what you can to get your friend out of trouble.

will do. thanks.