PDA

View Full Version : EXECUTIVE ORDERS / CURRENT DROS TRANSACTIONS

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 9:51 PM
What will happen with all the current dros transactions if the president where to give executive orders like Joe Biden said today ? Also when do the executive orders take place ?? Thanks guys

NiteQwill
01-09-2013, 9:55 PM
We can't and shouldn't speculate on something that hasn't even occurred yet.

Capt.Dunsel
01-09-2013, 9:55 PM
Also when do the executive orders take place ??

They go into effect the minute he signs it.

Google Executive Order # 13603 signed March 16, 2012 ( it will scare you and
give you an idea of what can/will happen)

tenpercentfirearms
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
What will happen with all the current dros transactions if the president where to give executive orders like Joe Biden said today ? Also when do the executive orders take place ?? Thanks guys

Joe Biden didn't even say what the executive orders would say. Seriously, relax.

Or go panic buy some more of my items on GunBroker! I am selling Magpul iPhone cases for $125 now that Biden is going to add them to the list by executive order.

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Also when do the executive orders take place ??

They go into effect the minute he signs it.

Google Executive Order # 13603 signed March 16, 2012 ( it will scare you and
give you an idea of what can/will happen)

So he would basically announce it and sign it right then and there ? What would happen to all of the dros transaction that are pending ?

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Joe Biden didn't even say what the executive orders would say. Seriously, relax.

Or go panic buy some more of my items on GunBroker! I am selling Magpul iPhone cases for $125 now that Biden is going to add them to the list by executive order.

I understand what your saying about panic buying but what would happen ? With all the rifles that are currently in progress ??

berto
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Nobody knows, stop sweating over your nightmare scenario.

tombinghamthegreat
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Executive orders are non binding and hold no legal authority. He may give orders to the ATF, they may chose to follow them or not

troysland
01-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Looks like an average of 5 days from the time he signs until the order gets registered. This according to the orders he signed in 2012.

Capt.Dunsel
What would happen to all of the dros transaction that are pending ?

If he exercises that particular EO ? the answer would be" What DROS ? I don't see no stinking DROS. Get back in line."

Just read up on that EO , It will give you an idea of what your asking.

Capt.Dunsel

If he exercises that particular EO ? the answer would be" What DROS ? I don't see no stinking DROS. Get back in line."

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:08 PM
It's just scary to think what would happen... He said it for a reason ... Idk I'm pretty sure we all have a couple of rifles in jail

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:11 PM

Lol wow that sucks !! Sucks to not be prepared :(

cowboyup
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
....I am selling Magpul iPhone cases for $125 now that Biden is going to add them to the list by executive order.

Epic

tcrpe
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
I understand what your saying about panic buying but what would happen ? With all the rifles that are currently in progress ??

Those buyers will be arrested and sent to prison. It happened last time.

stix213
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
No one knows what could happen to current dros transactions because no one knows what EO bull obama is going to try to pull.

stix213
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
No one knows what could happen to current dros transactions because no one knows what EO bull obama is going to try to pull.

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
By when do you guys assume that any executive orders will take place ? Sorry don't want to annoy you guys tomorrow he meets with the NRA

warbird
01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
No cpmapny or law enforcement agency is going to risk lawsuits over an order that does not have the force of law and is only supposed to be in alignment with current law. There would be so many lawyers in court fighting it the moment they got a copy of it it would not be funny. just keep buying your guns and encourage your friends to keep buying but only no panic buying. If you already own guns you can only shoot two at a time if you are lucky enough to be that good. Otherwise shoot your guns one at a time like the rest of us. what I am saying is wheel and deal with your gun shops and do not deal with those that will gouge you. We need to get prices back down so new owners can afford them and we can get more ammo into the hands of lawbiding citizens who already have guns.

tcrpe
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
By when do you guys assume that any executive orders will take place ? Sorry don't want to annoy you guys tomorrow he meets with the NRA

Get your affairs in order.

Gunjunkie078
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
No cpmapny or law enforcement agency is going to risk lawsuits over an order that does not have the force of law and is only supposed to be in alignment with current law. There would be so many lawyers in court fighting it the moment they got a copy of it it would not be funny. just keep buying your guns and encourage your friends to keep buying but only no panic buying. If you already own guns you can only shoot two at a time if you are lucky enough to be that good. Otherwise shoot your guns one at a time like the rest of us. what I am saying is wheel and deal with your gun shops and do not deal with those that will gouge you. We need to get prices back down so new owners can afford them and we can get more ammo into the hands of lawbiding citizens who already have guns.

I understand what you mean by panic buying ... I didn't prepare and had to buy a colt m4 for 2.100 from a private ffl :( .... Hopefully nothing stupid happens before Monday because that's my pick up day

Librarian
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
SPECULATION on bills (or Executive Orders) yet to be introduced or regulations not yet written goes to OT. Nobody can predict the future. Even announcements from appropriate national or state politicians are speculative until the actual measure is introduced and the content may be examined. Even then, it is perilous to suggest individual action in response to such bills - they may be amended to different content, even entirely different purpose, and they may not make it into law. (Don't read that as 'cannot happen' - just stay grounded in what 'is' rather than what 'may be'.)