PDA

View Full Version : Bait and switch? Is gun legislation a smoke screen?

NoJoke
01-09-2013, 3:14 PM
Seems there's a bit of history of throwing political hot potatoes into the spotlight while other behind the sceens stuff is going on - a diversion.

Could that be happening with guns?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/01/09/179447/as-new-fiscal-crises-near-democrats.html

dustoff31
01-09-2013, 3:51 PM
I would not at all be suprized to see the gun and fiscal issues tied together, or some sort of deal made involving both. i.e., Dems say "we'll back off on guns if you R's will agree to tax increases." or something along that line.

njineermike
01-09-2013, 3:52 PM
Wouldn't shock me in the least, but I do feel they're serious this time. They want BOTH taxes and guns banned.

gun toting monkeyboy
01-09-2013, 4:00 PM
Of course they are trying to wag the dog. They are on the brink of a fiscal meltdown. They know that their mindless minions will do anything to get guns taken away. And they know that we will go ape$#!t if they try it. So they are getting us wound up over this, and trying to keep fiscal conservatives busy dealing with this "crisis" until they can get some more taxes through. If Obama thought he could get our guns by fiat, he would have done it long ago.

-Mb

victor1echo
01-09-2013, 7:02 PM
Dude when the economy collapses and there are major riots--do ya think the banker who caused it all want us armed!! Disarm the people, then crash their economy!!hel comes to America, unless we stand tall!!! Nothing is written.

victor1echo
01-09-2013, 7:02 PM
Dude when the economy collapses and there are major riots--do ya think the banker who caused it all want us armed!! Disarm the people, then crash their economy!!hel comes to America, unless we stand tall!!! Nothing is written.

sarabellum
01-09-2013, 9:13 PM

Impressive. You called out the struggle between the haves and have nots in a nutshell. Most folks wear blinders and buy into the nonsense corporate management disguised as the two parties. Good for you for speaking up.

Turning to the OP's original point: the corporate parties are exchanging cuts to senior citizens' Medicare (again, as cut 1 was to fund Obamacare) in exchange for some gun legislation.

cleonard
01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
You know only one part of three in the "fiscal cliff" was dealt with. Should the govt. shut down because of the debt limit or the severe budget cuts of sequestration occur, I have a feeling that the whole gun issue will be forgotten pretty quickly.

cleonard
01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
You know only one part of three in the "fiscal cliff" was dealt with. Should the govt. shut down because of the debt limit or the severe budget cuts of sequestration occur, I have a feeling that the whole gun issue will be forgotten pretty quickly.

RRangel
01-10-2013, 6:48 AM
Wouldn't shock me in the least, but I do feel they're serious this time. They want BOTH taxes and guns banned.

They're serious all the time. It's just that they're using Sandy Hook as the emotional excuse to garner support.

badicedog
01-10-2013, 7:01 AM
I'm not sure what to make of it other then not letting a trajedy go to waste to push their Agenda.