PDA

View Full Version : How do your words taste, Piers Morgan?

richard chese
01-09-2013, 1:17 PM
http://www.fox19.com/story/20538164/piers-morgan-vs-alex-jones-and-gun-homicide-rates?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8153082

Wildhawk66
01-09-2013, 1:29 PM
Reality Check has been doing an excellent job trying to flatten the media playing field.

Dokbrick
01-09-2013, 1:39 PM
That was an awesome fact check.

shortyforty
01-09-2013, 1:54 PM
Excellent. Thanks for posting. This needs to go viral in a hurry. Calgunners, please link this to your social media and fire off e-mails. I will do the same. Great info here. Inserted into my sig line.

bombadillo
01-09-2013, 1:59 PM
Alex Jones kind of made a lot of gun owners look like a bunch of asses in a public venue unfortunately. I wish he were more well spoken, took to the facts, and left out hitler, mao, fast and furious, and a LOT of other things. Could have been a great debate.

supermanuf
01-09-2013, 2:08 PM
Ben Shapiro is on Piers Morgan tonight, he should be an excellent speaker.

Rusty_Rebar
01-09-2013, 2:09 PM
This is the second video / article I have seen from this reporter in the last week on this forum. Both were spot on. Nice to see people taking an objective look at violence (not just gun violence). I don't really care if someone uses a knife of a gun to murder me, I am just as dead.

I have seen these violent crime numbers out of the UK before, and I find those numbers to be far more compelling than just citing their gun murder rates.

Also, this is just a tad off topic, but does anyone know if those US numbers include military deaths in combat zones?

Hoooper
01-09-2013, 2:27 PM
^^^ i hate comparisons across borders because they often arent even comparing the same things, like comparing the UK violent crime rate to the US. The UK counts more offenses as "violent crime" than the US does so obviously the number really cant be compared straight across.

A list like the one that they show as their source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list#data) though, is much more effective because with a big data set like that and simple figures like they are using, you cant say they are cherry picking data or that the figures arent comparable

IVC
01-09-2013, 3:25 PM
Alex Jones kind of made a lot of gun owners look like a bunch of asses in a public venue unfortunately. I wish he were more well spoken, took to the facts, and left out hitler, mao, fast and furious, and a LOT of other things. Could have been a great debate.

That's why he was chosen. Morgan is not looking for debate, he is looking for making his point.

IVC
01-09-2013, 3:30 PM
^^^ i hate comparisons across borders because they often arent even comparing the same things, like comparing the UK violent crime rate to the US. The UK counts more offenses as "violent crime" than the US does so obviously the number really cant be compared straight across.

Not only that, but we don't even have to compare across the border at all since we had an AWB from 1994 to 2004. That's the best controlled experiment that could have been done. And it proved that causality between a *law* banning AW-s and the *murder rate* doesn't exist!

tackdriver
01-09-2013, 3:38 PM
Sure wish Jones WASN"T on our side...

Just Dave
01-09-2013, 3:52 PM
Sure wish Jones WASN"T on our side...

Every red blooded freedom loving American should be on our side, even the strange ones. The fact that some American people are not has me more concerned.

Rumline
01-09-2013, 4:24 PM
Reality Check has been doing an excellent job trying to flatten the media playing field.
Unfortunately it's on FOX news and as such will be disregarded by 99.99% of people who need to hear it. Preaching to the choir, unfortunately.

Rusty_Rebar
01-09-2013, 4:38 PM
I don't think most people hold local fox affiliates in the same low regard as they do the national fox (or msnbc for that matter).

There are a lot of perfectly legitimate fox affiliate stations that do local news and are not skewed as bad as Fox and MSNBC are.

the86d
01-09-2013, 4:43 PM
I actually looked up the numbers myself.

He was wrong on all counts...

GTXR390
01-09-2013, 4:48 PM

Who was wrong on all counts?? "he"?

Luieburger
01-09-2013, 4:56 PM
Good post. Saw this earlier today.

LoadedM333
01-09-2013, 4:57 PM
Excellent!

snowdog650
01-09-2013, 5:04 PM

I agree with everything here ... except he ABSOLUTELY did the right thing by throwing Fast and Furious back in his face.

Sadly ... in the end ... Jones did more harm than good, as expected.

darthnugget
01-09-2013, 5:18 PM
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !

burr2of4
01-09-2013, 5:37 PM
notice this video has way more thumbs up than it does views? seems like you tube is altering the numbers to keep it from being viewed.

Sakiri
01-09-2013, 5:47 PM
There's a few things wrong with the UK.

I could go out there and shoot someone cold blood in the middle of an afternoon and it will not be considered a homicide until all of my appeals are exhausted. That can take decades.

They take numerous steps to make their homicide and violent crime rates look lower than others because they don't want to lose tourism, which is a fairly large part of their economy.

It's a bunch of BS.

http://extranosalley.com/?p=8750

furyous68
01-09-2013, 6:17 PM

Who was wrong? A little clarification would be nice.

mag360
01-09-2013, 6:56 PM
Jones did what he needed to do. Brought a lot of viewers to Piers. Sell ads. We all watched it.

I think he did fine. We cant stand by while they are coming up with confiscation plans and politley say " well kind sir I do disagree with you". Joshua Boston was the exception, as a marine it is better for him to not blow up at the anchors.

battleship
01-09-2013, 7:34 PM
Another great Post. The U.K. is an out of control lawlessness and defenseless society decades in the making and created by its own government. Its the perfect way to control people.

Krak
01-09-2013, 8:19 PM
notice this video has way more thumbs up than it does views? seems like you tube is altering the numbers to keep it from being viewed.

Not exactly. Views don't seem to update in real time, they only update once every few hours.

frankm
01-09-2013, 9:32 PM
That parsamonious, snarky Redcoat! Pratt says check it out my friend about the stats, and Piers ends it by saying you ain't no friend of mine! What a douchebag! I hope someone schools this guy in a back alley! I'd do it myself if I wouldn't get arrested! Commie douche!