PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Stock and Handguard for 7mm Spanish Mauser Model 1893?

sstephenson
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm looking for a replacement stock and handguard for a Model 1893 Spanish Mauser 7mm. I'd like something that's reasonably true to the original stock, but if it's from another military Mauser model, I'm OK with that. No sportster or sporting stocks. I'd be OK with a modern reproduction, but would rather have a used military stock. I've been told that my rifle is a "long" version with a 33" barrel. I would definitely like to find a stock with hardware and cleaning rod if possible, but will consider wood only.

In my web browsing, I've come across a few posts that suggest that stocks from Chilean, Swedish, or Turkish Mausers may fit. Note is also made that there are "large ring" vs "small ring" versions (I assume that this refers to the bands that hold the handguard in place). If you have any information about how this might be relevant to my Spanish model 1893, please let me know.

If you have something or know where I might find something, please PM me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

gun toting monkeyboy
01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Sarco or Numrich would be your best bets. I would call Numrich and have one of their tech people look for you. An uncommon part like that might very well end up in one of their bins, but not in their computer system.

-Mb

Rustybore
01-09-2013, 1:43 PM
Large Ring Mauser, Small Ring Mauser refers to the size of the receiver ring not the barrel bands.
For example a M1893 Spanish Mauser is a "Small Ring Mauser" and a K98k is a "Large Ring Mauser.

Rb.

sstephenson
01-09-2013, 1:46 PM
Thanks Rustybore. Very good to know, and sounds like this is a major factor in my stock selection.

Rustybore
01-09-2013, 1:57 PM
Here is a good site about Spanish Mausers.
http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome
Take a good look at the pictures of the M1893 that may help you recognize a correct stock when you see it.

Liberty Tree Collectors has some M1893 parts.
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=50
Make sure any parts you get for your rifle are for a "M1893" or 1893 Mauser

Rb.

sstephenson
01-09-2013, 2:07 PM
Excellent Rustybore. The Spanmauhome page is great stuff. I found the circled Maltese cross marking that mine has on it.

Liberty Tree does have the handguard. Good to know.

Thanks!

sstephenson
01-26-2013, 7:45 AM
For anyone who may stumble across this thread in the future: I took a chance and ordered a used Swedish Mauser 96 stock. It fits the Spanish 1893 perfectly with no modifications required. It's not historically correct, but it sure looks nice!