PDA

View Full Version : History... HCI's 1993 multi year anti gun Adgenda...

Ammodog
01-09-2013, 6:02 AM

Tarn_Helm
01-09-2013, 6:15 AM
Summary of Notes and Minutes

Meeting of Friday, December 17, 1993

Rough Draft Proposal for Internal Memo and Five Year Plan

HANDGUN CONTROL, INC.. . . These goals are summarized below:

Thanks.

For this to have any value, you need to supply a hyperlink or include a jpeg of the original document.
:cool:

SKSer
01-09-2013, 6:21 AM
Yea, were exactly did you get this? Hopefully not a chain email.

SparkYZ
01-09-2013, 6:28 AM
If its real....those people are seriously flawed...

PoofNoEyebrows
01-09-2013, 6:28 AM
"Ultimately, such action would take the glamour and attraction out of firearms ownership and decrease the numbers of gun owners to a manageable number."

That is a very serious statement if this document is real.

Scott Connors
01-09-2013, 6:43 AM
I remember when this was first circulated. Naturally the Bradys denied its authenticity, although they didn't come out and repudite any specific idea. Ultimately it faded away from the debate, because its provenance could not be documented (ie, we'd have had to burn whoever it was that leaked it). Also, IIRC there was a question regarding the date of the memo and the death of one of the people of the circulation list, ie why was x on the list after he or she (can't recall who at the moment) was dead.

SwissFluCase
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
This is a blast from the past. It was a leaked memo, but I also don't remember its source being cited.

Remember, the NRA had a mole working in those groups at one time.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

510dat
01-09-2013, 2:01 PM
Not exactly the same, but certainly inspired by the above:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c103:S.1878.IS:

1859sharps
01-09-2013, 3:22 PM
would be nice to have some documentation to back up the proposals as actually coming from HCI, because just like today, in 92/93 the rumor mill and FUD was also in high gear and a lot of misinformation was being passed around.

Some of the above does sound familiar and my memory is that they were actual proposals, but I can't for sure say that to everything posted above.

BUT once again, proposals does NOT mean BILL and BILL does NOT mean LAW. there is a process to make an idea into a law and NOT ALL ideas get to be law.

while always wise to keep tabs on the other side, remind our selfs of history etc...lets be sure to make sure we only put energy to something that is an actual threat. I would consider actual threats as introduced bills that have a realistic chance of being heard in committee.