PDA

View Full Version : KCRA news report "gun violence"

jb7706
01-08-2013, 10:10 PM
During the nightly news tonight KCRA was reporting on the usual gun control ideas, interviewing Brady bunch, Dorris Matsui etc. spreading misinformation about the total lack of background checks required to buy guns in CA. Typical FUD, but in the middle of all this they reported that the carry license count for Sac County at the end of 2012 was 2,897 licenses, up from 1,641 in 2011. The inference being that there is somehow a link between we that carry and "gun violence."

Yay for the increase in LTC, boo for the horribly lopsided and inaccurate reporting.

warbird
01-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Interesting since i know of no related incidents of gun violence tied to any one with a concealed weapon permit except for that last politician (?) a few years ago that was drunk in a bar, left the bar, ran headon into a black family's car killing a few peoplen and he blamed everyone but himself. i think he was Hispanic. Seems to me the only dangerous people packing guns legally are politicians. maybe more people are carrying guns and doing it legally as concealed weapons because they can no longer open carry and the cops are not capable of protecting people since we canot afford the outlandish contracts so are getting. But then politicians are natural born liars in my personal opinion so why not lie rather than find out the truth. I repected Matusi's husband even if i did not agree with him. His widow i have no respect for because i personally feel she would not know the truth if it slapped her in the face and she does not want it. she is pandering for votes and money all the time.

G lock
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Usually its the spreading of misinformation such as this which has caused the MSM to lose credibility for me. Unfortunately, most people accept what the television says as fact.

hoffmang
01-09-2013, 1:48 PM
The only violent crime by a sac ltc'er was the incident about 12 months ago when an individual took shots at CHP after a traffic incident and they then killed him. However, his license pre-dated the switch to virtually shall issue. As I recall, there was some supposition that it was a suicide by cop.

-Gene

Moonshine
01-09-2013, 1:55 PM
KCRA puzzles me... given their liberal slant on gun control I was surprised they didn't embrace the Occupy movement as their media darling like many other lefty news organizations. Sometimes they surprise me like that... Probably why I watch them from time to time.

Jet Setter
01-09-2013, 2:39 PM
Makes you wonder what other biases they may have.

newglockster
01-09-2013, 2:47 PM
MSM is so one-sided... :(

knerona
01-09-2013, 2:57 PM
During the nightly news tonight KCRA was reporting on the usual gun control ideas, interviewing Brady bunch, Dorris Matsui etc. spreading misinformation about the total lack of background checks required to buy guns in CA. Typical FUD, but in the middle of all this they reported that the carry license count for Sac County at the end of 2012 was 2,897 licenses, up from 1,641 in 2011. The inference being that there is somehow a link between we that carry and "gun violence."

Yay for the increase in LTC, boo for the horribly lopsided and inaccurate reporting.

Last night this aired?

The only violent crime by a sac ltc'er was the incident about 12 months ago when an individual took shots at CHP after a traffic incident and they then killed him. However, his license pre-dated the switch to virtually shall issue. As I recall, there was some supposition that it was a suicide by cop.

-Gene

I remember that, happened on Hwy 99 in Elk Grove I think.

Merovign
01-09-2013, 4:46 PM
MSM is so one-sided... :(

Understatement of the millennium.