PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this NPR blog -- very telling

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 9:49 PM
National Public Radio is hardly a bastion of gun rights. This blog amazes me: Gun Control Advocates Say ATF's Hands Have Been Tied (http://www.npr.org/2013/01/08/168889491/gun-control-advocates-say-atfs-hands-have-been-tied?guid=1357709295644#commentBlock)

There's not much good to say about the article but the responses are quite surprising given that it's on NPR's website. Very pro-gun, very anti-BATFE.

I think rank and file Americans are savvy to the failings of gun control attempts.

CDFingers
01-09-2013, 7:47 AM
The weakest argument in favor of gun control is that laws will stop criminals from acquiring guns. This is easy to understand, even for NPR blog repliers.

CDFingers

Dave A
01-09-2013, 8:21 AM
Lots of misleading and blanket statements made in that article, which is pretty much what you would expect from an NPR contributor. I registered just so I could comment and pointed out what actually happens when a gun dealer gets visited by the BATFE or DOJ auditors.

It is almost a waste of time reading comments on articles like this, because they are divided along predictable lines. There is the mind set typified by one posted who said anyone who buys, or sells a hi cap magazine at a gun show is mentally ill. That one made it by the censors at NPR, not sure my response will though? Then there are those trying to inject a little sanity and fact into the discussion. Each side pretty much just snipes at each other and no one changes their mind.

deadcoyote
01-09-2013, 8:23 AM
National Public Radio is hardly a bastion of gun rights. This blog amazes me: Gun Control Advocates Say ATF's Hands Have Been Tied (http://www.npr.org/2013/01/08/168889491/gun-control-advocates-say-atfs-hands-have-been-tied?guid=1357709295644#commentBlock)

There's not much good to say about the article but the responses are quite surprising given that it's on NPR's website. Very pro-gun, very anti-BATFE.

I think rank and file Americans are savvy to the failings of gun control attempts.

I am extremely pro-gun and JPR (out of Ashland I beleive, a lot of NPR licensed content) is constrantly playing in my house when I'm off duty. I may not always agree with the opinions, but I can see no negative side to exposing my kids to the Jefferson Exchange and other debate programs they feature, which are very objective. I agree there's still a liberal slant, but all in all it's better than video games and cartoons 24-7

deadcoyote
01-09-2013, 8:24 AM

I am extremely pro-gun and JPR (out of Ashland I beleive, a lot of NPR licensed content) is constrantly playing in my house when I'm off duty. I may not always agree with the opinions, but I can see no negative side to exposing my kids to the Jefferson Exchange and other debate programs they feature, which are very objective. I agree there's still a liberal slant, but all in all it's better than video games and cartoons 24-7

Morbo
01-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Question for the OP, where did you see that this was a "blog"? Everything I saw and heard specifically said it was "NPR News" (actually it is more like propaganda, but that is another post).

Excelsior
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Lots of misleading and blanket statements made in that article, which is pretty much what you would expect from an NPR contributor. I registered just so I could comment and pointed out what actually happens when a gun dealer gets visited by the BATFE or DOJ auditors.

It is almost a waste of time reading comments on articles like this, because they are divided along predictable lines. There is the mind set typified by one posted who said anyone who buys, or sells a hi cap magazine at a gun show is mentally ill. That one made it by the censors at NPR, not sure my response will though? Then there are those trying to inject a little sanity and fact into the discussion. Each side pretty much just snipes at each other and no one changes their mind.

~90% were pro-RKBA. Being on the NPR website, that's significant.

Excelsior
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Question for the OP, where did you see that this was a "blog"? Everything I saw and heard specifically said it was "NPR News" (actually it is more like propaganda, but that is another post).

Blog/forum with many respondents.

Scott Connors
01-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Same here. I always listen to JPR or KCHO in Chico. NPR has become a lot more even over the years. I can't stand listening to talk radio anymore.

SoCal Bob
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Best comment on the article here: By all means, lets unshackle the chains that bind the ATF. Perhaps they can turn Mexico into a nuclear power.

OlderThanDirt
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Best comment on the article here: By all means, lets unshackle the chains that bind the ATF. Perhaps they can turn Mexico into a nuclear power.

http://warisboring.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/op-donkey-haul-4.jpg

They would still need some work on their delivery vehicle.