PDA

View Full Version : No longer selling this, mods please lock!

KAIFS
01-08-2013, 8:30 PM
Make: Egyptian

Model: HAKIM (semi-auto)

Caliber: 8mm (7,92x57 mm)

Location (city or county): Wisconsin

Price: $650 firm + $35 shipping = $685

Payment Method: USPS money order OR discrete gift PP (you pay any PP fees should you choose a different method)

Will ship (Y/N): Y (to a FFL whom accepts from a private party or a C&R -I will include copy of my WI DL).

I will need a copy of your FFL/C&R either emailed or mailed with a money order.

Other info: first 'I will take it' post gets it.
Also listing elsewhere, thus time stamp on the post will be used for dibs. I am NOT looking for any trades.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/audiobahn1/audiobahn1/HAKIM/Hakim8MMa_zps25efffe1.jpg

thank you for your interest

you and I both know that this rifle will be more expensive than an AR-15 in a very nearest future when ammo supplies dry up. This is shooting your regular bolt action cartridge - which will probably be the only affordable ammo left along with 7.62x54r, 7.5x55 and few others... I do NOT want to contribute to current price gouging and or panic - simply because I think it is wrong, but just saying...

This Hakim is in wonderful condition, as you can see from the pictures. Comes with one 10rd magazine and also a correct sling (sling I believe is swedish). Mirror bore - thus it was not shot out with corrosive ammo. shoots your 8mm cartridge in a semi-auto mode. LOUD! has a gas adjustment port, thus you can set your optimal setting - huge benefit to a reloader (unlike Swedish Ljungman AG-42b) because you can actually find and reuse your brass.

it is a 1962, which makes it VERY RARE!!! as there are only FEW known 1962 Hakim rifles...

see pictures as these will be very informative and will show you the condition of the rifle.

history of the rifle:
Caliber: 7,92x57 mm
Action: Gas operated, tilting bolt
Overall length: 1216 mm / 47,9"
Barrel length: 638 mm / 25,1"
Weight: 4,4 kg / 9,7 lbs
Magazine capacity: 10 rounds

Hakim rifle was adopted by Egyptian army during early fifties, after initial purchase of some Swedish-made Ljungman AG-42 rifles chambered for 7,92mm Mauser ammunition. Hakim rifle, in fact, was a minor alteration ow the Swedish design, with most visible change being addition of the prominent muzzle brake, necessary because of use of more powerful 7,92mm ammunition (as opposed to original 6,5mm Swedish ammunition, which has relatively smooth recoil). There also were minor changes in external appearance, but basic design remained the same. Production of Hakim rifles continued through 1950s and 1960s on machinery purchased from Sweden, with some 70 thousands rifles being made. Later on, Egyptians developed a scaled-down version of the Hakim rifle, designated Rasheed, and produced it in minor numbers.

Hakim rifle is gas operated, semi-automatic only, magazine fed rifle. It uses direct-impingement gas system developed in Sweden by Erik Eklund, with added manual gas valve that permitted adjustments for various types of ammunition. Locking is achieved by tipping the rear of the bolt down and into the recess in receiver. Cocking of the bolt is provided by sliding top cover which has gripping serrations on either side. To cock the action, one must push the sliding cover all the way forward, then pull it back. Manual safety is located at the rear of receiver, above the stock. Feed is from detachable box magazine that holds 10 rounds, although the rifle is fitted with bolt hold-open device and can be reloaded using stripper clips with magazine in place. Sights are of open type, with range-adjustable u-notch rear and protected front. Hakim rifle can be fitted with carrying sling and a detachable knife-type bayonet.

here are high res pictures of the rifle: http://s1016.beta.photobucket.com/user/audiobahn1/library/audiobahn1/HAKIM
if you need/want additional pictures of anything just post here and I will try to get it posted within 24hrs.

mcm95403
01-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Holy WOW!

I had an 8MM Mauser and always wished it were semi-auto. I'll have to think carefully about this.

KAIFS
01-10-2013, 3:51 AM
yep, this is not your underpowered semi-auto, thats for sure :)

KAIFS
01-10-2013, 2:32 PM
١٩٦٢ = 1962

So, yes, it is a C&R eligible, I have edited original post, sorry for the confusion.
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/audiobahn1/audiobahn1/HAKIM/Hakim8MMxxxx.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/audiobahn1/audiobahn1/HAKIM/Hakim8MMxxx.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/audiobahn1/audiobahn1/HAKIM/Hakim8MMxx.jpg

KAIFS
01-12-2013, 5:48 AM
yes, it is an adjustable gas port rifle - you can see adjuster on the upper handguard area between sight and a sling band.
NO, I do NOT have a gas adjustment tool (either original or repro).
yes, swedish bayonet (one for M96, M38, Ljungman) will work for it, however, it is NOT a correct bayonet for it - Hakim bayonets came with wood grips vs all steel handle.
yes, it uses same magazines as Ljungman - so these are interchangable.
yes, 25rd converted MG13 magazine (as on Gunbroker) will work with it :) - I do NOT have any of those 25 rounders for sale. Rifles comes with one (pictured) 10rd magazine.
NO, I do not have a FFL willing to ship to CA - because of all of the confusion with your gun laws, thus closest one whom does it is too far from me, thus I will be the one shipping the rifle. If your FFL requires FFL to FFL shipment - get another FFL.

Hope it helps.

edit: uploaded additional pictures (outdoors) of the stock close ups as per requests (2 now :) )

mcm95403
01-13-2013, 12:02 AM
We do have crazy laws here, but the Hakim should pass just fine. It doesn't have any of the forbidden features. Centerfire and 10-round detachable is ok since it has a normal stock, no flash hider, no grenade launcher, no thumbhole stock, no pistol grip, etc.

KAIFS
01-14-2013, 2:50 PM
If the rifle is not sold by Friday 18-January-2013 @2000CDT (8pm central) it is NO longer available for sale as I need to raise some money for something that will not be available after Friday.
I will not bump this anymore I am just giving a fair warning to a few members whom wanted 'investigate' and 'give me a few days' before I keep it.

Thank you and, again, there will be no subsequent bumps or reminders.

Please see date and time above as this is a deadline for this particular rifle/sale.

KAIFS
01-18-2013, 8:07 PM
No longer selling this, mods please lock!