PDA

View Full Version : New anti gun bills introduced in CA congress today

richard chese
01-08-2013, 4:21 PM
Dammit this burns me up

AB 48 by Assemblywoman Nancy Skinner D-Oakland: proposes to regulate and track ammunition sales, bans high capacity magazine conversion kits.

SB 47 by state Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco: Would prohibit semi-automatic rifles from having "bullet buttons" and "mag magnets," which are add-on devices that allow the gun to be easily reloaded.

SB 53 by State Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles: Would require anyone wishing to buy ammunition in California to first obtain a state purchase permit from the Justice Department, valid for one year and to be issued only after a background check.

The horrible part about this is that the liberals have a super majority in the assembly and the senate. These will pass with ease, I am predicting

Doo doo Brown will sign them too.

:bentouttashape:

Cobrafreak
01-08-2013, 4:24 PM
Well, I agree, CA will do everything they can get away with. That being said, we need to make it hard for them as possible. Either that or move. Liberals have to live somewhere. I might as well go to where more folks are like me rather than them.

Fastattack
01-08-2013, 4:26 PM
Elections have ramifications. I try telling people that, but as long as they have their cable tv and ipad/iphone or whatever they don't care. I can't figure out how cali became so d*#n liberal.

Jungleboxx
01-08-2013, 4:27 PM
Well that's it, Every ar owner should just tell em to F off if SB47 goes through.

In other news...

Anyone in SC have reloading equipment for sale? or at least want to show me the ropes :o

64physhy
01-08-2013, 4:29 PM
Why is CA always trying to tighten up the gun laws? I can't think of any mass-shootings here. Looks like I'll be investing in some reloading equipment myself.

victor1echo
01-08-2013, 4:30 PM
Remeber when the Govenator signed the bill that we would be finger printed and the ammo kept in locked glass? He was a republican?

Ford8N
01-08-2013, 4:31 PM
But I thought people just love the weather in California? They are more than willing to give up their guns for a sun tan.

64physhy
01-08-2013, 4:32 PM
What is tracking ammo sales going to do? Are they going to come knocking on your door if you buy more than X-amount of rounds? Then what- you could just say you do a lot of target practice. Would it apply to ammo bought from out of state on the internet? Doesn't make much sense. None of them do.

SickofSoCal
01-08-2013, 4:33 PM
That being said, we need to make it hard for them as possible. Either that or move. Liberals have to live somewhere. I might as well go to where more folks are like me rather than them.

Amen brother, amen.

California is a write-off, has been ever since 1989.

Hogstir
01-08-2013, 4:33 PM
But I thought people just love the weather in California? They are more than willing to give up their guns for a sun tan.

Not me! Arizona here I come.

64physhy
01-08-2013, 4:45 PM
The thing going against us is that all the conservatives choose to live in states like AZ that only get one electoral vote. We need to take over some states with a lot of EV's.

Press Check
01-08-2013, 4:56 PM
Glad they haven't caught onto reloading yet.

Press Check
01-08-2013, 4:56 PM
Glad they haven't caught onto reloading yet.

toy4two
01-08-2013, 4:57 PM
I wrote both my CA representatives. Both Republicans. Donated more $ to cal guns foundation.

I think AB 47 is the worst of all of these are requires the most effort.

toy4two
01-08-2013, 4:57 PM
I wrote both my CA representatives. Both Republicans. Donated more $ to cal guns foundation.

I think AB 47 is the worst of all of these are requires the most effort.

Press Check
01-08-2013, 4:58 PM
Glad they haven't caught onto reloading (yet).

Press Check
01-08-2013, 4:58 PM
Glad they haven't caught onto reloading (yet).

fullspeed1
01-08-2013, 5:09 PM
Press, There is no need to mention it. Especially 4 times....

Tiberius
01-08-2013, 5:11 PM
Since hammers kill more people than rifles, I would dearly love to see a bill requiring a waiting period to buy these dangerous devices, and also mandatory registration.

The best attack on these new measures may be cost- benefit, as in they cost a lot and create no benefit.

GunnerB
01-08-2013, 5:12 PM
The thing going against us is that all the conservatives choose to live in states like AZ that only get one electoral vote. We need to take over some states with a lot of EV's.

You are absolutely right. They have a method to their madness, they run for political office in droves, they co-opt the schools etc.

njineermike
01-08-2013, 5:13 PM
Hmm. All democrats. Whoda thunk?

madjack956
Press, There is no need to mention it. Especially 4 times....

Gee Press, why dont you bring it to their attention... maybe mention a few other things we stand to lose while your at it.

njineermike
Hmm. All democrats. Whoda thunk?

SickofSoCal
01-08-2013, 5:15 PM
Since hammers kill more people than rifles, I would dearly love to see a bill requiring a waiting period to buy these dangerous devices, and also mandatory registration.

Fists & feet killed more Americans in 2011, than rifles and shotguns combined.

We need to ban fists and feet, and fingers! Fingers pull triggers!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

Librarian
01-08-2013, 5:22 PM
Duplicate.