PDA

View Full Version : Action Alert - email KQED's 'California Report' RE: sprading false info on AB48

kaligaran
01-08-2013, 2:15 PM
On the way into work this morning I was flipping through radio stations and caught the 9am morning news 'California Report (http://www.californiareport.org/archive/R201301080850)' segment on NPR.

During the summary of AB 48 (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB48) (the ammunition bill by Skinner), the reporter says that this bill will also:
ban devices that enable guns to fire several rounds at one time.

Here's a link to the audio (skip ahead to 37seconds for this segement).
http://www.californiareport.org/archive/R201301080850

The reporter is Mina Kim.

You can contact them at:
calreport@kqed.org

or by mail:
The California Report
KQED-FM
2601 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

Please be brief and polite. I emailed them that this bill has absolutely no impact on the way a firearm functions and that their segment on this was factually and completely incorrect. In addition, I politely suggested they issue a correction for this statement.

Moonshine
01-08-2013, 2:25 PM
Who cares if they got it wrong. And if they made the bill sound even more ominous than it is that's even better because hopefully it will motivate California gun owners to do something. Gun owners in this state are infamously apathetic.

FMFdevildoc
01-08-2013, 2:26 PM
Emailed them.

I enjoy NPR and liked the educational stuff on 88.5 when I lived in the Bay Area. Unfortunately, they can be a bit out of touch as noted in this instance.

I once heard a brief piece about hunting, it was painful.

kaligaran
01-08-2013, 2:39 PM
Who cares if they got it wrong.

It's not about 'them'. It's about the media outlets constantly misinforming the public. This ongoing onslaught of misinformation will not be tolerated.

And if they made the bill sound even more ominous than it is that's even better because hopefully it will motivate California gun owners to do something. Gun owners in this state are infamously apathetic.

Glad you agree.
I hope you do something by contacting them and any other media outlets you hear spreading misinformation.

Perception is extremely important. Pro 2A advocates know the difference and pay attention. The majority of people don't and only believe what little they hear on the news.

major burnout
01-08-2013, 4:35 PM
Yes they got some info wrong. The sad part is they used the sandy hook shooting as reason for the new law. The new law will not help the sandy hook victims or prevent another attack.

major burnout
01-08-2013, 4:35 PM
Yes they got some info wrong. The sad part is they used the sandy hook shooting as reason for the new law. The new law will not help the sandy hook victims or prevent another attack.

goober
01-08-2013, 5:39 PM
Who cares if they got it wrong. And if they made the bill sound even more ominous than it is that's even better because hopefully it will motivate California gun owners to do something. Gun owners in this state are infamously apathetic.

pot, meet kettle... :rolleyes:
anybody who can go from "who cares?" to accusing others of apathy in 3 sentences needs to think things though a bit, IMO...