View Full Version : Is now a good time for a Second Amendment March?

01-08-2013, 1:14 PM
Just asking...

01-08-2013, 1:18 PM

On January 19th, go to a range or gun store.

01-08-2013, 1:25 PM
I'm on the fence about anything like public displays of declaration. Why? Because the anti's and the apathetics have their minds made up about guns and their owners-we're all a bunch of child murdering, baby killing, meat eating, women's rights/*** violating, war mongering, club wielding, tree chopping neanderthals. So even if we peaceably (which I know that some gun owners just WOULDN'T be able to do) assembled somewhere and exercised another one of our Constitutional rights to support another one, the effort might be lost on the public who's already made up their minds. I've always thought about the pin-point approach, which is fighting for causes in legislation, cajoling with representatives, lobbyists with influence, etc, although just the thought of dealing with an increasing level of slime as you climb (or descend) the political ladder is sickening too.

On the other hand, if there was to be a considerable amount of people who present themselves civilly, peacefully and are capable of more than three word sentences to the inquiring press it might raise a couple eyebrows and force people to think about the validity of their bias against guns, as well as our support for the 2nd Amendment.

I don't know. I just don't know...

major burnout
01-08-2013, 1:45 PM
Think now is the time for action.

First course of action should be to hold community rallies. We need organize. We need to get our families together for BBQs and get to know each other. I want to assemble as many gun owners as I can at a public park. We'll have some lunch and then we will walk over to the local news outlet and let them take pictures of us. My local paper has been painting gun owners in a bad light for years. In my experience gun owners are the most peaceful law abiding folk I've met. We need to show the media who we really are. After we are organized then we get all the different communities to hold a large rally or several large rallies at larger media outlets.

Having a rally at the capital is fine, but I have a feeling the media would take two pictures of you or me yelling at our government and paint us as anti-government. We need to show the media that we are good people. Good people, who are tired of being labeled as prospective criminals.

Let's come together as freedom loving Americans.

01-08-2013, 1:54 PM
I think any march or rally should be themed toward protecting the Constitution and civil rights in general and the fact that the original intent of the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting and everything to do with protecting ourselves from government tyranny.

Like it or not, that is exactly what the government is doing and has been doing with the entire Bill of Rights.

01-08-2013, 2:11 PM
See here:

And other. Search under protest.

01-08-2013, 2:11 PM
No to the public demonstrations as of yet.

Individual visits to the offices of elected officials to make sure they understand our position.

Phone calls.

We probably need to let Walmart and similar corporations that if they support the gutting of our rights it won't exactly reinforce our loyalty. . . (I buy virtually ammo there right now and if they do that to us I just may never set foot in Walmart again.)

Large public gatherings would have to be carefully crafted and everyone who attended would have to be constantly on-message and dressed to properly impress. Not likely to happen.

01-08-2013, 2:33 PM
All it takes is one BDU to ruin a demonstration with 5,000 people...

01-08-2013, 2:33 PM
Just asking...

Nope. this has been discussed many, many times.

the suggestion needs to be filed under how to help the other side pass gun control.

major burnout
01-08-2013, 2:52 PM
I'll keep writing letters. LOL

I'm pretty sure our elected officials know our position(it's written in the constitution they swore to uphold)

major burnout
01-08-2013, 2:54 PM
I'll keep writing letters. LOL

I'm pretty sure our elected officials know our position(it's written in the constitution they swore to uphold)

01-08-2013, 3:05 PM
No, don't go to any such marches. They don't help us in any way.

If you want to do something productive, take a non-shooting friend to the range that day. Or do something else and enjoy life.

Do not go to these marches!

01-09-2013, 8:10 AM
No to marching... it's too cold. ;)

Now on a nice spring day... hmmm....

01-09-2013, 9:03 AM
Not effective, especially when more can be done using letters, phone calls, faxes, social media, talking to your friends, neighbors, local law enforcement, church and other civil groups, everyone you know! And of course, join and support your preferred gun rights organization.
I heard Giffords and her husband say that we are the ideological fringe element in society. Show them how wrong they are.

01-09-2013, 3:02 PM

Well... here you go.

I won't attend since I'll be in the middle of NRA Pistol Instructor training, but have fun!

Bobby Hated
01-09-2013, 3:17 PM
i'm ready to go!

01-09-2013, 3:50 PM
i'm ready to go!

That's an awesome pic. We need more like that.

01-09-2013, 4:12 PM
I won't attend since I'll be in the middle of NRA Pistol Instructor training, but have fun!

That would suck majorly if the NRA decided not to make a presence at these events.