PDA

View Full Version : White House recruits foundations for gun control support

DVSmith
01-08-2013, 1:47 PM
Looking for deep pockets to fund gun control support from non-traditional sources. Very clever!

...the call included the Open Society Institute, the McCormick Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the California Endowment. Those groups, which traditionally work in public health fields, have not previously been identified with major gun control efforts.

White House officials declined to comment about the call.

“There’s only one reason why you get a bunch of deep-pocketed funders on the phone,” the participant said. “It’s not because they’re great dancers. It’s because at the end of the day you need to tap into them for something.”

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/01/white-house-recruits-foundations-on-gun-effort-153662.html

sakosf
01-08-2013, 2:11 PM
As I have already posted elsewhere, I think we are in a real fight this time to preserve our rights. The Presidents appears to be prepared to go into full campaign mode on this.

ChrisC
01-08-2013, 2:26 PM
Looks like another report based on assumptions. The places called were not even groups associated with gun control.

All this does is cause more unneeded panic buying and letting the retailers gouge us by raising the prices which has been done.

How about only posting articles that have factual evidence of anything being done to attack our gun rights. I have been hearing for over 4 years this administration was going to take our guns away and nothing has been done to touch my rights.

keenkeen
01-08-2013, 2:30 PM
Four groups that spend a lot of time and effort on health care and access...sounds like they may have been called in to focus on grant making for mental health issues.

Not a bad thing based on where I think the efforts to reduce mass shootings should start.

DVSmith
01-08-2013, 2:35 PM
Looks like another report based on assumptions. The places called were not even groups associated with gun control.

All this does is cause more unneeded panic buying and letting the retailers gouge us by raising the prices which has been done.

How about only posting articles that have factual evidence of anything being done to attack our gun rights. I have been hearing for over 4 years this administration was going to take our guns away and nothing has been done to touch my rights.

Did you even read the article?

Opening paragraph:

The White House on Tuesday afternoon reached out to major philanthropic foundations not typically associated with gun control to gauge how much they are willing to get involved in President Obama’s future gun violence prevention efforts, according to a person on the call.

SilverTauron
01-08-2013, 2:36 PM
The CA smog problem must be really bad these days.

Why would Obama need money from donors?
Answer:because he's going to buy something expensive that he can't charge on the Government Amex.

Note that TV airtime is very expensive. They're playing for keeps guys: if Obama drops an iPhone scale marketing campaign for gun control, were in deep sh--t.The last thing we need is the Twitter generation buying into gun control as a pop culture Facebook meme.

650proof
01-08-2013, 2:43 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/gun-bans_c_1005794.jpg

not unless we get to them first

Krak
01-08-2013, 2:53 PM

You haven't seen this then. the California Endowment has now aligned itself as anti-gun.

VTfpVlaZjvU

The threat is real ladies and gentlemen. We need to fight, and fight hard against this anti-gun push. If we win this battle, we'll likely win the war.

Wiz-of-Awd
01-08-2013, 3:01 PM

...because, when you're in a battle with the enemy, nothing should be overlooked, and everything should be considered.

A.W.D.

SwissFluCase
01-08-2013, 3:01 PM
This is the same battle as always. A few wealthy 1% types against a huge number of gun owners. Obama's latest strategy has the potential to massively backfire. We can help make it backfire.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

stix213
01-08-2013, 3:41 PM
You haven't seen this then. the California Endowment has now aligned itself as anti-gun.

VTfpVlaZjvU

The threat is real ladies and gentlemen. We need to fight, and fight hard against this anti-gun push. If we win this battle, we'll likely win the war.

Yep I keep seeing that video or a similar one popping up as an ad in front of youtube gun videos. I keep clicking it, since I think it costs them $$$ per click.