PDA

View Full Version : Delayed notice!

scsurfer
01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Just wondering if anyone has gotten one of these. Went to pick up on the 7th and got the notice. I called the Bureau of firearms they said it that could be anothe 15 days maybe more. Is this right? I purchased a gun in nov with no problem.
Thanks

GrizzlyGuy
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Lots of people are reporting similar things, see here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=656150

cHaOs ReX
01-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I just picked up a Remington 700 last week and the FFL guy said he was getting a lot of calls from the DoJ to delay pickups. Apparently the DoJ is not staffed to deal with the current demand.

Crazy huh?

JoeyJ
01-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Just got the same phone call, that "my Background check has been delayed". No other information available. Called the main number to only get a voice mail message giving their general info phone number to call. I also purchased another gun in July 12 so there shouldn't be any "background" issues. I want to assume that it's just a backlog issue, lol.

Johnnyfres
01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Great just fing great. More wait times because of the damn pnic.

fortdick
01-08-2013, 12:06 PM
I have to wonder if this is not some kind of intentional plan to stop the transfer of guns they may want to ban. A secret executive order maybe?

fortdick
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I have to wonder if this is not some kind of intentional plan to stop the transfer of guns they may want to ban. A secret executive order maybe?

Stewdabaker23
01-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I purchased and picked up my AR lower during this buying frenzy.

johnthomas
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
I bought a rifle on 24 December and picked it up 11 days later. No problems.

fairfaxjim
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I just love how if the state makes a law or regulation and a citizen fails to comply with it in the stated time, he is guilty, is subject to penalty, and often even becomes a criminal.

However, if it is the state who fails to comply with their own laws and regulations in the stated time, it is no harm, no foul. Either there should be penalties on the state side or an automatic pass for the applicant if BOF can't process in the alloted time.

While the "Obama re-election/Sandy Hook shooting" buying panic has some impact on clearance processing times, I would personally be inclined to put the major slowdown on the KH led DOJ's arbitrary nit picking of background check items that pre-date either of the panic buying triggers. Simply put, Kamala Harris has found a new legal way to stick it to gun buyers and the BOF is doing her bidding.

Moonshine
01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Probably it's because of the panic buying. Throw in the furloughs which require staff to take off one day a month and you have an environment with minimum staffing and maximum demand. This was inevitable.

bill_k_lopez
01-08-2013, 12:55 PM
OP

This shouldn't be a problem, the media keeps saying that gun sales are only being driven by the gun nuts who have tons of guns already - so go shoot one of your other guns and stop crying!! :D