PDA

View Full Version : this guy makes some good points

basqueron
01-08-2013, 7:56 AM
To: Congressman Rodney Alexander

Dear Congressman Alexander,

Having long been a proponent of yours, and having gotten great respect for you on a plane ride, I come to you to request your respect again. Not respect for me, but for this great nation, and for its constitution, perhaps the greatest document ever written in the history of the world.

Recently, a great tragedy happened in Connecticut where many innocent lives were destroyed senselessly. The President addressed the school right after the incident supposedly to comfort the families that lost loved ones. Unfortunately, his address was underscored with an agenda which was clear to me. And there was no comfort from his words. His agenda was gun control. In this last week, he addressed the nation with his anti-gun agenda which came out quickly. To coin a phrase one of his cabinet members, Raham Emmanuel used, "Don't let a good crises go to waste", he immediately went on the attack to curtail the strength of the second amendment. I was not surprised.

So you will know, I am a life member of the NRA, but most of all, I am a patriot, served my country for 6 years in the National Guard, I am a conservative, a Christian, a person who believes in our great Constitution, and a man of great compassion who grieved with the families like those in Connecticut who lost loved ones.

The President preceded V.President Joe Biden to set the stage for a ban on assault weapons, health care, and mental health care for people like the man who committed the massacre. With all due respect, his ban will not work. Nations that have had gun control in other parts of the world have had millions upon millions murdered by their own government. The reason we have the 2nd Amendment is for one, self defense, and two, for protection against ones own government gone amuck. It is not for squirrel hunting as President Bill Clinton stated in a national address. In the USA, there were only a little over 12,000 murders each year by a gun. According to a CNN report, there are 310 million -- Total number of nonmilitary firearms in the United States as of 2009. The population of the USA is a little over 315 million. Murders to population is by decimal, .0000381 or .00381%. That is 3/1000 of a percent, and is hardly a crisis. I believe it is because we are a nation well armed. Connecticut has one of the strictest gun laws in the nation, and their strict laws did not prevent the tragedy. Had the teachers been trained with weapons, the crisis could have been over suddenly with minimal life lost. One teacher had time to rush the perpetrator, but was killed by him. Had she had a weapon, she could have taken him out, and her valiant effort my have saved her life as well as many others.

At present, there are over 300,000 die each year of obesity, over 600,000 die from smoking, 6.3 million car accidents and 40,000 auto deaths each year, over 550,000 deaths from cancer, and 599,000 deaths from heart attacks just to name a few. These are just a few of the crises in America. We are killing ourselves.

It is my mind that the 2nd Amendment is in place and that we have a low death rate accordingly. It is not ever a good time to weaken our constitution. Further, laws already on the books, if aggressively administered against the perpetrators would reduce the crime further. The Bible says, "

Ecclesiastes 8:11 KJVA "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

Here is my solution I pray you will find palatable:

1. Strengthen the 2nd Amendment. Vermont has a "concealed carry" called the 2nd Amendment. Nothing further is required. Arm the nation completely like Switzerland as a requirement of citizenship.

2. Enforce the existing laws against perpetrators speedily.

3. Come down quickly on those who make threats against our freedoms whether "in jest" or "serious".

4. Restore God and prayer in all public places including the "School Room". The MAJORITY (we should not have to make room for a minority of atheists) of Americans are Christians or have God like virtues contrary to what the President said. Once again, Psalm 9:17 NKJV "The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the NATIONS that forget God." This is too important to not pay attention to.

5. Let's become the Nation our forefathers invisioned. I have added some of their *quotes below, and they are worth remembering.

*A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
- John Adams

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

PS. I read how Castro took over Cuba with Communism. This presidency went down the list in textbook fashion. I fear for my country and its people and their freedoms should we continue to pursue repression of our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS.

Sincerely,

Phillip S. Smith III

110 Westland Place

West Monroe, LA 71291

baih777
01-08-2013, 8:16 AM
Well said.
I wish NRA would gather comments and letters like this to publish in the newspapers as a full
Page ad. This might help non gun people understand the second amendment better.

SonoftheRepublic
01-08-2013, 9:25 AM
Well said.
I wish NRA would gather comments and letters like this to publish in the newspapers as a full
Page ad. This might help non gun people understand the second amendment better.

Hosea 4: 6,7 "My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge."

The Founders quotes are a bulwark of wisdom that will give any American a foundation upon which to form their resistance to the evils we now face.

Our government controlled media has done an excellent job of brainwashing, intimidating, and destroying our once fiercely proud American Spirit of independence and rock-solid understanding of the Constitution and our SACRED Bill Of Rights . . . T.V. and public school have certainly been major contributors to the destruction of our Republic.

I don't watch T.V. anymore, and anytime that I do happen to see it, I'm astounded by the constant subliminal messaging that goes on in every aspect of its programming. (You must be "awake" to understand this).

Patriots will do well to immerse themselves in the pursuits of skills and knowledge that will enhance their liberty, and not be sucked in to the brainwashing of the matrix of evil.

Rusty_Rebar
01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
If I were you I would run a spell check on that before I sent it out.

CalTeacher
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
3. Come down quickly on those who make threats against our freedoms whether "in jest" or "serious".

4. Restore God and prayer in all public places including the "School Room". The MAJORITY (we should not have to make room for a minority of atheists) of Americans are Christians or have God like virtues contrary to what the President said. Once again, Psalm 9:17 NKJV "The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the NATIONS that forget God." This is too important to not pay attention to.

So apparently, contradicting oneself is acceptable. That was one of the worst arguments for our cause that I've ever read.