PDA

View Full Version : Brady Bunch "lie-in" in Contra Costa 8/28 (AB1471)

Librarian
08-27-2007, 1:04 PM
From our favorite news organization, the California Progress Report (http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/08/california_bill_1.html), authored by my favorite waste of a PhD. Griffin Dix.

Many of the Brady Million Mom March Chapters across the country are observing Aug. 28 by staging "Lie-Ins" to draw attention to illegal gun trafficking.
We will be at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, at Noon, dressed in black, will lie on the ground to symbolize the victims of gun violence in Richmond, Oakland and other Bay Area cities...

Apparently "Truth-ins" would not serve their agenda.

HT Arms and the Law (http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2007/08/tommorrow.php)

WokMaster1
08-27-2007, 4:45 PM
why lay down in a "safe" zone? If you want to really make a point, do so at midnite in Richmond "Iron triangle" with no police protection. Why does the media have to get involved? Glory hounds, I tell ya!

thedrickel
08-27-2007, 4:50 PM
Who wants to carpool? I got nothing going on tomorrow. This Dix guy is an idiot! Do the people taking part have any clue about the bill or how a gun works?

hoffmang
08-27-2007, 8:14 PM
I think its time to spill some cold wet water on the sidewalk...

-Gene

RobG
08-27-2007, 8:27 PM
why lay down in a "safe" zone? If you want to really make a point, do so at midnite in Richmond "Iron triangle" with no police protection.

Come on man, we run enough calls down there, lets not add to my workload:43: Fools....:rolleyes:

CalNRA
08-27-2007, 8:32 PM
notice this:

the Brady Bunch always have time during the week to go around and do their damage, i.e. when the pro-gun folks are at work being productive members of society, the social leeches have plenty of time going around spreading false rumors and all-out lies.

Gotta love the irony....:rolleyes:

Librarian
08-27-2007, 8:51 PM
Anybody know the maintenance staff at CC College? It's been pretty warm lately, probably time for a good watering of the lawns. Should take part of the evening, most of the day...

hoffmang
08-27-2007, 8:53 PM
Librarian: Exactly!

-Gene

WokMaster1
08-27-2007, 9:44 PM
Load up some super fine flour in a pillow case (hemp), mingle amongst them & start a pillow fight. I guarantee that it'll be on the 6pm news. Never come to a flour pillow fight dressed in black.

Or dress in all white & lie down amongst the sea of "black". Make sure you don't shower or use any deodorant. It'll be like Moses parting the Red Sea......

M. Sage
08-27-2007, 9:50 PM

-Gene

I was thinking 5-gallon buckets of Gorilla Glue. :43:

WokMaster1
08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Come on man, we run enough calls down there, lets not add to my workload:43: Fools....:rolleyes:

Rob,have they have requested the presence of Richmond PD to help with security?

I personally think they should move the venue to the North Richmond Baseball field on 3rd St for the Hollywood drama effect.:D

Librarian
08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I personally think they should move the venue to the North Richmond Baseball field on 3rd St for the Hollywood drama effect.:DGive them red 'demonstration garments' - or is it blue that would be more noticeable in the neighborhood? Lots of fine young people with strong ideas about honor and territoriality thereabouts, and they'll typically be free for social events mid-week as well.

Groundskeepers should still water the grass.

RobG
08-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Rob,have they have requested the presence of Richmond PD to help with security?

No idea. I'm a paramedic, not PD. We usually get fliers for certain events like this but, I haven't seen anything.
I am sure they will make all the difference in the world. There was a shooting the other night with, I believe, 7 shot. Guess they were too late. Again, fools...:rolleyes:

hoffmang
08-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Gents,

The key to a proper (and funny) response is to create it in such a way that no real damage is caused... Only a lack of comfort if someone was dumb enough to lie on the ground in a public venue.

Are supersoakers considered assault? You could say you were just adding a dramatic touch.

-Gene

Librarian
08-28-2007, 1:15 AM
proper (and funny) response
"So, Paddy, when I've died, I want you to pour a bottle of whiskey on me grave."
"Sure, Connor, and would ye mind if I pass it through me kidneys first?"

Just the original super soaker...

Osprey
08-28-2007, 2:35 AM
Trying to link AB1471 to Martin Luther King, Jr. is laughable. What a ****ing joke. What intellectual dishonesty. What shameless pandering. What a disgusting way to cannibalize one of the moments that helped mold our society into what it is today.

I really, really feel terrible for Griffin Dix. Burying a child must be one of the worst things a human being can experience. No one should ever have to experience that.

Still, I can't help but point out that
Microstamping wouldn't have saved Kenzo Dix' life.
Microstamping won't bring Kenzo Dix back to life.
Microstamping won't prevent other children from being killed in the future.This is lunacy. This is fanaticism. It's so absurd, I can't even think of a good analogy. The best I can come up with is MADD pushing for microstamped bottles of Jack Daniels.

:mad:

AJAX22
08-28-2007, 6:52 AM
Man I wish I lived closer to that, I'd love to prepare the sidewalks for them with a few gallons of 'pet traning fluid' and 'deer scent'

and a fifty pounds of flour scattered randomly on sidewalks would look really funny when the wind kicks up.

hoffmang
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
See, that's getting close to littering... Be careful there.

-Gene

EastBayRidge
08-28-2007, 12:11 PM
"See, that's getting close to littering... Be careful there."

And the Brady Bunch just lying there messing up a perfectly nice public place isn't ... ? I keep picturing that Simpson's episode where Homer, fed up with his in-laws, says in an angry voice "It's time to take out the TRASH !", then proceeds to pick up Patty and Selma and toss them out the door.

Kestryll
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Sprinkle the areas with sugar, regular or powdered your choice, and then dump out buckets of collected ants.

At best the dumped ants will hook up with the indig ants and at worst the hoplophobes will get caught lying on the round during an ant war.

Either way just stand down the street with a sign, "selling insect repellant and calamine lotion to finance my next firearm!"

Oh the moral dilemma...

AJAX22
08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
How do you collect ants? I've never been able to keep them in a container long enough to fill the container and its slow going trying to do it a few at a time..

WokMaster1
08-28-2007, 5:13 PM
See, that's getting close to littering... Be careful there.

-Gene

Gene, it's the hood..Richmond, not Los Altos.;) If you don't litter, you are considered an outsider & would probably get extra unwanted attention from the locals.

hoffmang
08-28-2007, 10:33 PM
:smilielol5: Now that's funny Wok...

-Gene

paradox
08-29-2007, 8:06 AM
Sprinkling flour in a public place could get you charged with terrorism...

(sadly not a joke)

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/08/couple-arrested-as-terrorists-for.html
Beer runners' trail a recipe for trouble

Pair arrested after marking a powdery path through IKEA parking lot

The Associated Press

Updated: 6:56 p.m. MT Aug 25, 2007

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Two people who sprinkled flour in a parking lot to mark a trail for their offbeat running club inadvertently caused a bioterrorism scare and now face a felony charge.

The sprinkled powder forced hundreds to evacuate an IKEA furniture store Thursday.

New Haven ophthalmologist Daniel Salchow, 36, and his sister, Dorothee, 31, who is visiting from Hamburg, Germany, were both charged with first-degree breach of peace, a felony.

The siblings set off the scare while organizing a run for a local chapter of the Hash House Harriers, a worldwide group that bills itself as a “drinking club with a running problem.”

“Hares” are given the task of marking a trail to direct runners, throwing in some dead ends and forks as challenges. On Thursday, the Salchows decided to route runners through the massive IKEA parking lot.

Police fielded a call just before 5 p.m. that someone was sprinkling powder on the ground. The store was evacuated and remained closed the rest of the night. The incident prompted a massive response from police in New Haven and surrounding towns.

Flouring the road from coast to coast?
Daniel Salchow biked back to IKEA when he heard there was a problem and told officers the powder was just harmless flour, which he said he and his sister have sprinkled everywhere from New York to California without incident.

“Not in my wildest dreams did I ever anticipate anything like that,” he said.

Mayoral spokeswoman Jessica Mayorga said the city plans to seek restitution from the Salchows, who are due in court Sept. 14.

“You see powder connected by arrows and chalk, you never know,” she said. “It could be a terrorist, it could be something more serious. We’re thankful it wasn’t, but there were a lot of resources that went into figuring that out.”

dfletcher
08-29-2007, 8:27 AM

-Gene

Actually this is a pretty efficient way to deal with the homeless in SF camping out in front of buildings in the Financial Districts. At preset intervals small spigots pop up and "leak" water onto the sidewalk, thoroughly soaking it and making it quite uncomfortable. The stated purpose is of course sidewalk washing - wouldn't want to infringe on anyone's "right" to crap, pee or camp out in front of a multi million dollar building where people work.

Librarian
08-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, here it is the day after The Event. I can't find anything on line or in the CCTimes. Perhaps the event has dropped into the place where it belongs - ignored and forgotten.

Brady Campaign still thinks this bill is their first priority. Just for amusement, I sent an email to Torlakson using their form; since they let me customize the letter, I fixed it for them. :D

JawBone
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I caught the entire 15 seconds of coverage on KTVU news last night. They showed a total of about 10 people in black laying down on concrete.

They also showed one gent sitting a few feet away holding a sign with an arrow pointed at them lying there and the sign said something like "This only happens to you when you can't defend yourself." Classic. I hope that was one of you guys.

I think the Craig story took over all the time any news channel was going to devote to it.

tango-52
08-29-2007, 12:36 PM
It was stingray4540. He did a nice, low-keyed counter-protest.

stingray4540
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmm... I was going to say that I didn't know about this site, but apparently I already have an account. That sucks, 'cause I totally forgot about this site when I was looking for someone to go with me. And, it looks like one or two of you would have been willing.

I posted on calccw.com and opencarry.org looking for some support, but no one was able to make it, so ya, I was all alone.

I didn't know the media was going to be there and wasn't planning on getting interviewed, but I was. I was pretty nervous, as I've never done anything like this, and am not very good at talking on my feet, but I guess it didn't go too bad. The news lady interviewed me for like ten minutes, then that Brady campaign lady came over and talked to me for another ten minutes or so.

Anyways, if you want to read a little more about it, here is the were I asked for others to show up and also posted the link to the video:
http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general-ccw-discussion/1303-help-me-demonstrate-brady-demonstration-8-28-07-tomorrow.html

Librarian
08-29-2007, 1:21 PM
Watched the video - you did fine.

Thank you for getting out to the college.

hoffmang
08-29-2007, 1:46 PM
Very well done!

-Gene

WokMaster1
08-29-2007, 3:02 PM
No flour was hurt in the process of filming this video.

I love the interview. Good job.

I love the part when the lady from Rodeo said that she used to carry after she was assaulted. Then she stopped because she didn't want to add to the violence.:banghead::banghead:

adamsreeftank
08-29-2007, 3:40 PM
Great job on the interview!

Strange question from the Brady lady. "How important is this to you?"

Shane916
08-29-2007, 3:48 PM
Great job on the interview!

Strange question from the Brady lady. "How important is this to you?"

Seriously!!!...How important is the constitution to you lady!!

I love the sign though!! haha so funny!

RRangel
08-29-2007, 4:46 PM
Hmm... I was going to say that I didn't know about this site, but apparently I already have an account. That sucks, 'cause I totally forgot about this site when I was looking for someone to go with me. And, it looks like one or two of you would have been willing.

I posted on calccw.com and opencarry.org looking for some support, but no one was able to make it, so ya, I was all alone.

I didn't know the media was going to be there and wasn't planning on getting interviewed, but I was. I was pretty nervous, as I've never done anything like this, and am not very good at talking on my feet, but I guess it didn't go too bad. The news lady interviewed me for like ten minutes, then that Brady campaign lady came over and talked to me for another ten minutes or so.

Anyways, if you want to read a little more about it, here is the were I asked for others to show up and also posted the link to the video:
http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general-ccw-discussion/1303-help-me-demonstrate-brady-demonstration-8-28-07-tomorrow.html

Thanks for what you did. It means a lot. The victim disarmers only go where they have many supporters being they don't want to be near anyone with common sense. And no one wants to listen to them other wise.

That was a good job. All they can do is toot their own horn. You were right to say it's really not the governments job for our protection because it's really an impossibility for government to do. You should use the term "victim disarmers"when referring to them because that's what these shills are.

RRangel
08-29-2007, 5:09 PM
No flour was hurt in the process of filming this video.

I love the interview. Good job.

I love the part when the lady from Rodeo said that she used to carry after she was assaulted. Then she stopped because she didn't want to add to the violence.:banghead::banghead:

What you saw was Darwin in action.

:)

M. Sage
08-29-2007, 6:29 PM
Great reply to the Brady idiot. How else are you supposed to take the safety and well-being of yourself and your family? Dunno what she expected you to say.

Especially since it's pretty much a given that gun rights supporters believe strongly in the cause, while the vast majority of gun-banners aren't that into it.

"Violence begets violence." Yep, it sure does. So I want to be ready to put an end to that cycle if I need to... with violence. I won't start it, but I'll gladly finish it. :30:

ldivinag
08-29-2007, 8:10 PM

what were the chances she was carrying without a CCW?

i have a similar experience at work.

person told me guns should for cops and military... blah blah blah...

FF a few months later, she mentions she used to have a revolver when she was single. she kept it to be safe...

sigh...

i never trusted her after that.

WokMaster1
08-29-2007, 8:39 PM
what were the chances she was carrying without a CCW?

i have a similar experience at work.

person told me guns should for cops and military... blah blah blah...

FF a few months later, she mentions she used to have a revolver when she was single. she kept it to be safe...
sigh...

i never trusted her after that.

Was it before or after you gave her some loving?:D

kevykev707
08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Watched the video - you did fine.

Thank you for getting out to the college.

I agree - thanks for making it out there. I wish I could have gone, but I have classes/work all week. :(

mow
08-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice mild mannered response and thank you for making it out there!

6172crew
08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, here it is the day after The Event. I can't find anything on line or in the CCTimes. Perhaps the event has dropped into the place where it belongs - ignored and forgotten.

Brady Campaign still thinks this bill is their first priority. Just for amusement, I sent an email to Torlakson using their form; since they let me customize the letter, I fixed it for them. :D

I need to buy you a drink at my cousin bar when I get home. She owns the Clayton club so its not too far.:)

Ive sent him too many letters never to answered.:43:

dicast
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM
brady bunch lies? what's new

RECCE556
09-08-2007, 1:09 AM
That was very couragous of you to go out there like that. BIG KUDOS to you. You did great! If you ever come down to LA, I'll buy you a beer (or a bottle of organic water if that's your thing)! :cheers2: