PDA

View Full Version : My Letter to Feinstein

Skaana44
01-07-2013, 6:13 PM
and to other Congrssional and Senatorial leaders including the Prez.

Senator Feinstein,

I, like Joshua Boston, and others, protest your senseless act to ban what you consider “assault weapons”. The term ‘senseless’ is used, as for you, or anyone, to consider that a ban on the weapons described under your assault weapon ban, would actually prevent incidents such as what happened in Newtown, Conn. One only has to look at the incidents in the past, to realize, with cold, hard facts, that the assault weapon is not where the focus of the blame lies. Rather, it is at the hands of those that are mentally unstable, that cause such incidents.

The facts at the ATF, FBI, and many police departments nationwide, support this. As do the reports and facts found around the world. To take guns from citizens, does invite an increase in crime. After all, it’s not the law abiding citizens who commit crimes with guns.

Why do we not address the issues within our own society that contribute to the acting out of violent acts?

The citizens of America have a right, granted under their 2nd amendment, to not only to own weapons, but, if needed, to also to raise such arms against an oppressive government. Much like the citizens of the newly formed United States did in 1775 against the oppressive British Government. You seek to restrict our ownership of guns, using as a smokescreen, a recent tragedy to further your agenda. What is the real agenda? You speak of safety for all; but instead, it appears that more than 200 years later, that an oppressive government is being formed within America’s borders.

What worries us citizens, is that you, and the Obama administration, are taking steps to take away the freedoms and rights granted to us under the Bill of Rights, and our constitution. As many books, biographies, and legal documents point out, the founding fathers themselves felt that an armed citizenship was the first step in protecting a nations’ freedom and sovereign rights. Why do you and your peers want to encroach upon this? Who would be left to defend this nation? Would you and other gun-fearing citizens raise up arms to protect their nation in the way that countless veterans like myself, many of us giving our lives in the performance of our duty, did?

Surprisingly enough, one of the arguments is that law enforcement will still be able to possess, and employ the very weapons you are trying to ban, as well the various accessories employed by our military and law enforcement. Is this a subtle acknowledgement to the fact, that regardless of rules and laws enacted by Sacramento, and the Federal government; that criminals will still be able to acquire such weapons? Perhaps, if citizens were still allowed to bear arms, and own weapons, the criminal element will not grow into such a large and difficult problem as what was seen in Australia, and what is currently seen in Mexico and Africa.

One should consider when enacting laws, or exercising the power of the duly elected, that you indeed, act upon the wishes of the public at large, not the special interest groups that financed your campaign and got you elected.

From the people I encounter in my work, walk, play, and the people I talk with, I get a 98% poll that any restrictions or bans will not be acknowledged by the citizens of California, much less America. In fact, many say that they believe a civil war and anarchy are just around the corner; and some actually believe this will resolve many of the issues that have been plaguing America for the last several decades. As Mr. Boston stated in his letter, you are trespassing on our rights. And gun owners may not take to such frivolous legislation as you propose. Some might say that what you seek, in passing this legislation, may in fact be the first shot fired in the New Civil War.

Some would say that those of us who serve in the military, or had prior service, are sworn to serve those appointed as leaders of America. This is true, yet as citizens of America, and as human beings, we also have a duty, and a right, to stand fast, and to stand against, those leaders that are taking steps to reduce the rights of Americans. To blindly follow, without questioning the why and the effects of orders, is akin to following in the footsteps of Hitlers’ SS, and we know the excuse “I was only following orders” was heard at the Nuremberg War Trails post World War II. Really, do you, and the rest of the elected officials, truly believe that American service members would fall into such an ignorant state? So please explain, why your office, and President Obama, feel that the steps you are proposing to take, in fact respect those rights of us Americans?

Let us point out that wherever you go, you seem to have a security force around you, armed with those very same assault weapons and semi-automatic pistols that you don’t wish the public to have. Why? Are you that afraid that your life is threatened? Shouldn’t you, as an elected official, take the first step in denouncing oppression, stand down your guards, and their weapons? After all, the first step towards tyranny and oppressive leadership is leadership surrounded by armed forces, when the public has none.
You further propose that citizens who already own such guns, are to pay a $200 NFA tax. This, based on current estimates of over 5 million ‘assault and semi-automatic’ weapons, to a $1 billion dollar windfall. To what end and purpose is this money to be used for?

It is sad to see that you, and other liberal lawmakers are using peoples’ emotions, and the media, to push legislation though, instead of paying careful attention to the facts and the public’s desires. After all, the wishes and desires of those who didn’t vote for you, are as important as those of the ones who did. Why do you seek to twist the facts, and tread upon our freedoms?

What is funny, actually ridiculous, is that this effort to pass legislation on guns, is similar to the façade of the environmental protection measures enacted in the state of California. Everywhere we look, lands are “protected” from the off-roader or camper, in the name of protecting endangered plants, animals, and insects; yet these same lands are being used for construction of solar energy plants, windmill farms, and geo-thermal stations. Pray tell, how these are not more destructive, in a permanent nature, than the activities you ban on such lands?

As someone recently posed on a popular forum:

Our Rights are portable, they do not stop at our front door, or in our beds. They are valid whether we are at work, fishing, hunting, school, or shopping for groceries. Just because you do not like my Second Amendment Right, it does not give you position to severely limit, extinguish or seek to destroy this Right.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights was written to protect me from you, to protect a majority from having it’s power limited by a particular group. To the Feinsteins, Schumers, McCarthys, it seems you have declared War on the people of the United States, and you will reap what you have sown.
Those of us that have enshrined the Second Amendment in the pantheon of Democratic society, we will not go quietly. We will not give an inch, you will be fought at the Local, State and Federal level. Your legislation will be bogged down in the courts until it is DEAD. I am not black, I am not white, I am not gay, I am not Jewish, Muslim, Catholic. I am all of these things, and when you persecute me, you persecute everyone.

Senator Feinstein, it is time to stop the melodrama, and get down to solving the real problems that this nation has: solve unemployment, improve education programs, improve health programs, and bring America back to the strength and glory that as a Nation and as a people we once enjoyed. To persecute gun owners is not in any way a strategy to bring prosperity and economic stability back to our country.

Though I know that many thousands, even millions of American citizens feel the way that I do; I can only speak for myself: I am in complete agreement with Cpl. Joshua Bostons’ words and sentiments.

Curt Schermerhorn
USN, 1983-2005

denubilo
01-07-2013, 11:11 PM
good one

1lowluv
01-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Great letter

buster1960
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Your wasting your time. She will never change her mind. If you want to try to protect your 2A rights you need to place your efforts on convincing the other politicians that might be on the fence.

bloodhawke83
01-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Bet she'll respond like something saying 74% gun owners agree with her. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Krak
01-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Sadly, you're wasting your time on Feinstein.

Q-sOPTDG1kM

BBJohnnyT
01-08-2013, 8:38 AM
Holy smokes! No one in her office read your long winded letter, no matter how good it was. Frankly, even I didn't. Best to keep these letters succinct and to the point, stating what you want and what you expect them to do. Anything more than one paragraph of 5 or 6 sentences is a waste.

As an example, here was my recent letter to her. Succinct, strong and to the point...

Concerning your intention to limit and restrict our right to keep and bear arms, how dare you and your arrogance! Ma'am, you are overstepping your authority by proposing a gun control law, which is clearly unconstitutional. Please re-read the 2nd Amendment, which you took an oath to uphold, specifically where it says "shall not be infringed". It does not say "infringe a bit based on how the arms look or function". Shame on you! Do your duty and uphold the Constitution, even the parts you do not personally agree with. It's not too late to change your current legacy as a freedom-hater.

OrenG
01-08-2013, 8:43 AM
It might be a waste but you can't say he didn't try. All of us need to write even though we know full well it's not going to change her mind. I suppose if we want the right to complain about it, we have to have done something about it. She's got banning guns on her bucket list, and at her age she knows she doesn't have much time left to fulfill it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" - Claire Wolfe

OrenG
01-08-2013, 8:43 AM
It might be a waste but you can't say he didn't try. All of us need to write even though we know full well it's not going to change her mind. I suppose if we want the right to complain about it, we have to have done something about it. She's got banning guns on her bucket list, and at her age she knows she doesn't have much time left to fulfill it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" - Claire Wolfe

NatalieW79
03-28-2013, 2:20 PM
awesome...very well written!

Paradiddle
03-28-2013, 2:58 PM

dunnigan
03-28-2013, 3:49 PM
I just farted during a big gust of wind. Now my fart and your letter to Feinstein have equal standing. Actually, I feel better and I got rid of the gas so i would actually argue that my fart accomplished something.

Dont waist your time my friend writing to mentally ill ideologs who don't give a damn about your rights.

CreamyFettucini
03-28-2013, 10:32 PM
From the people I encounter in my work, walk, play, and the people I talk with, I get a 98% poll that any restrictions or bans will not be acknowledged by the citizens of California, much less America. In fact, many say that they believe a civil war and anarchy are just around the corner; and some actually believe this will resolve many of the issues that have been plaguing America for the last several decades. As Mr. Boston stated in his letter, you are trespassing on our rights. And gun owners may not take to such frivolous legislation as you propose. Some might say that what you seek, in passing this legislation, may in fact be the first shot fired in the New Civil War.

probably a good thing nobody reads these.

foreppin916
03-29-2013, 1:17 AM
Very good letter.

I would of thrown in that even if 99% of the population supported your anti gun legislation, ( which is DOES NOT ) it does not matter, because the "majority" cannot take away rights guaranteed by the constitution from the "minority"

Thanks for sharing this awesome letter

kens
03-29-2013, 1:53 AM
i told feinstein that her plastic surgery makes me uncomfortable so we should ban the practice. ;(

Very nice letter though, you should copy that to everyone. Edit: i see you already did. i'm blind

kimber_ss
03-29-2013, 3:15 AM
Spirited letter, but she doesn't listen to mere mortals...

http://artretreatsandlifecoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/maa-kali-upasak-astrologer-mob-07568599161-09549716865_1.jpg

TimRB
03-29-2013, 6:05 AM
Holy smokes! No one in her office read your long winded letter, no matter how good it was. Frankly, even I didn't.

Exactly. Have you ever written a pro-gun letter to Feinstein before? Someone on her staff will read enough of your letter to determine that it's pro-gun, and then they will send you a form letter telling you to go frack yourself.

Tim

LuvLRBs
03-29-2013, 6:38 AM
You guys are lucky you even get a form letter response. I wrote to my Ca legislators, senators, Gov Moonbeam, all my federal reps, Obama, Biden, and have yet to receive any response from anyone. And my communications were very polite. I have read a lot of great letters like this one on these forums, but I doubt any of these politicians either read them or care what they say.

tap4154
03-29-2013, 9:43 AM
Beautiful letter, but unfortunately it's just casting pearls before swine.

I wrote one with similar points, and have emailed and faxed it to her many times. Not even a form letter in response.

====================================

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Regarding: “To preserve, protect and defend the Constitution”, in your oath of office.

Some questions for you:

Why is it that whenever a criminal acts out with a gun, the knee-jerk response from Democrats is to punish law-abiding citizens with even more restrictive gun legislation, that only takes away more of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, and in no way punishes the criminals?

How is it that you, who have armed protection paid for by me, and other taxpayers, believe that you have the right to choose what weapon I may own to defend myself, and how many rounds I can have in that weapon's magazine?

Do you realize that the increasing restrictions you put on semi-auto rifles only makes them less safe and harder to operate, and that criminals do not care how many laws you pass -- they will keep obtaining any weapon they want, with as large of capacity magazines as they wish, as well as whatever type and amount ammunition they desire, off the streets?

How is it that America has arrived at this low point, where our representatives/legislators actually desire to handicap/infringe law-abiding citizen’s Second Amendment rights, making us more vulnerable to criminals?

Honestly, do you really think criminals obey all, or any, of your laws? Do you even know the definition of a criminal? By definition, criminals do not obey laws. So the only folks you are affecting are those of us who keep jumping though the hoops you place before us, in an effort to not be criminals, and it’s getting to the point where your laws are becoming so restrictive that eventually we, the law-abiding American citizens, will have to surrender our guns in order to not be violating your laws.

Is that really your ultimate goal? To disarm the law-abiding American citizens? To use these tragedies as a cheap excuse to usurp our inalienable Constitutional rights, in violation of your oath of office?

At that point, Senator Feinstein, the criminals will have won, aided and abetted by you, and every Democrat legislator that sides with your anti-Second Amendment crusade. And the great experiment called “America” will be over.

So please pause, rethink, reconsider, and stop this assault -- this war -- against the law-abiding citizens of the United States of America, and stop the overall assault on all of our Constitutional rights which has been occurring since January 20, 2009.