PDA

View Full Version : FFL to FFL transfer from out of state

chris
01-07-2013, 5:42 PM
My friend wants to give me a stripped AR lower he has a few. also the upper now i know the upper reciever is considered parts and no reason for FFL to be involved.

i will be meeting up with him out of state in march for a hunting trip and i said that he should bring the upper and can bring that home.

he wanted to bring the lower i said that he can ship it from a FFL from Georgia and ship it to one here in California.

what i want to know is am i right by saying that he ship it from a FFL in his state and ship to one here?

i'm quite sure that i let the FFL know that an a stripped AR lower is coming to his store.

i have only imported on rifle from out of state and that was my Sharps and they shipped to the Turners in Orange for me and zero problems other than have to wait 10 days to pick up a rifle i waited 18 months to get.

Quiet
01-07-2013, 5:53 PM
There are no Federal and CA state laws/regulations that require a firearm to be shipped from a FFL dealer.

It is up to the individual FFL dealer on if they will accept a shipment from a non-licensed person (private party) or from FFLs only.

So, you need to find out from your CA FFL dealer on how he wants the firearm shipped.

chris
01-07-2013, 5:58 PM
There are no Federal and CA state laws/regulations that require a firearm to be shipped from a FFL dealer.

It is up to the individual FFL dealer on if they will accept a shipment from a non-licensed person (private party) or from FFLs only.

So, you need to find out from your CA FFL dealer on how he wants the firearm shipped.

cool thanks. i know we have to go to a FFL for to recieve it and go through the hoops and obsticles we have here. i have time before he does this anyways.