PDA

View Full Version : Bank Of America Confiscates Funds of Licensed Online Gun Dealer

RotaryRevn
01-07-2013, 5:36 PM
Bank Of America Confiscates Funds of Licensed Online Gun Dealer, States: “We Believe You Should Not Be Selling Guns On The Internet”

It appears that our bankster friends at the Bank of America have decided to use the Obama Administration’s attack on the 2nd amendment as justification for the bank to confiscate funds of their clients in the guns and ammunition industry.

American Spirit Arms owner Joe Sirochman has revealed that his business’ assets have been confiscated by Bank of America, and a Bank of America exec gave Mr. Sirochman an explanation for the theft of: “WE BELIEVE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET”.

Sirochman’s full letter below:

http://www.silverdoctors.com/bank-of-america-freezes-funds-of-licensed-online-gun-dealer-we-believe-you-should-not-be-selling-guns-on-the-internet/

whlgun
01-07-2013, 5:38 PM
Whats great is that there will be no repercussion for this from anyone.

RotaryRevn
01-07-2013, 5:41 PM
It's complete BS. Let's hope that this shop owner can sue for lost sales due to not being able to use his money to re-stock inventory.

nothing4u
01-07-2013, 5:45 PM
Meh, after the Mcmillian fiasco, you'd think every other gun dealer would know to close their accounts.

Casey
01-07-2013, 5:54 PM
And so it begins.
Time to take off the blinders and start looking at what is going on in this country.
The best way to control you is through your finances.
The big question is does BofA work for the government or the other way around?

IVC
01-07-2013, 5:59 PM
Read the letter before you spread FUD. The funds were NOT CONFISCATED!

Reviews of large and unusual deposits are relatively standard in banking industry. Online fraud is rampant, so unusual activity will trigger red flags. No different than when you use your credit card.

What the manager said looks like a personal remark. It's up to BofA to stand behind her or reprimand her, depending on what their current position is. If they are behind her (which I believe is the case), they wouldn't be the first nor the last gun unfriendly business. Act accordingly.

wjc
01-07-2013, 7:52 PM

Reviews of large and unusual deposits are relatively standard in banking industry. Online fraud is rampant, so unusual activity will trigger red flags. No different than when you use your credit card.

What the manager said looks like a personal remark. It's up to BofA to stand behind her or reprimand her, depending on what their current position is. If they are behind her (which I believe is the case), they wouldn't be the first nor the last gun unfriendly business. Act accordingly.

Your correct but they did freeze the account.

If I was a business owner I'd be pretty pissed off if my bank tried that.

Capt.Dunsel
01-07-2013, 7:57 PM

So you think it's ok to "hold" the companies money for an undisclosed amout of time ( all the while using said money for their own purpose making money)
without due process ?

Never did like BoA , this is just another reason.

JDay
01-07-2013, 8:08 PM
I hope everyone who has an account with BofA who believes in the Second Amendment closes their accounts with them.

EM2
01-07-2013, 9:23 PM
I hope everyone who has an account with BofA who believes in the Second Amendment closes their accounts with them.

closed our account with em close to 20 years ago.
We use a credit union.

fizux
01-07-2013, 9:34 PM
Well, at least Artherd taught us not to keep all of our clients' funds at the same institution.

(ducking)

warbird
01-07-2013, 9:47 PM
Quit using B of A almost 45 years ago and avoid accepting checks from them as well. Just doing my little part to boycott a bank reputed to be mob generated so many years ago and still acts like one in my opinion now. Does the little Bank of Italy sound familiar?

Apocalypsenerd
01-07-2013, 9:58 PM
BofA is terrible as a business. I would bet this has little to do with anti-gun sentiment and everything to do with general incompetence.

August
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
BofA is the absolute worst bank to deal with. In my life, I've had (1) auto loan, (1) recreational vehicle loan and (1) home mortgage. The best day of my life was when my wife and I payed off the first two and refinanced with another lender for the third.

We have not used BofA for over 12 years now.

Noldor
01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Quit using B of A almost 45 years ago and avoid accepting checks from them as well. Just doing my little part to boycott a bank reputed to be mob generated so many years ago and still acts like one in my opinion now. Does the little Bank of Italy sound familiar?

I never miss a chance to try to convince someone to leave Bank of America (Bank of Italy).

They used to try charging $5 for cashing checks that were drawn on THEIR bank! They had a tendency to back down if one shouted at the teller loud enough for the whole bank to hear it.

Librarian
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Multi-dupe.

This kind of thing goes to off topic.

PRIVATE COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS are not yet bound by 2A; gun owners are not any form of 'protected class' such as race or national origin or religion. That being so, companies and individuals are permitted to make their decisions based on whatever they like or their stockholders prefer. The available response to such businesses is to choose to patronize them or not, and to choose to tell such businesses why, or not.

Librarian
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Multi-dupe.

This kind of thing goes to off topic.

PRIVATE COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS are not yet bound by 2A; gun owners are not any form of 'protected class' such as race or national origin or religion. That being so, companies and individuals are permitted to make their decisions based on whatever they like or their stockholders prefer. The available response to such businesses is to choose to patronize them or not, and to choose to tell such businesses why, or not.