PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bracken Essay to "Mr. Security Agent" (long)

wuluf
01-07-2013, 3:34 PM
An Essay to LEO and Federal Agents regarding gun confiscation. Very well written and more than a little scary:
http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2013/01/

winnre
01-07-2013, 3:45 PM
I like that. Of course to extend on this, TSA would search us and demand to know if we know anyone who has guns, if we know any preppers, or if we know any christians. Why not?

Rock6.3
01-07-2013, 4:00 PM
A very interesting read.

But I wonder how many will find it too long to read?

Casey
01-07-2013, 4:17 PM
Good stuff. Read it...all of it.

tcrpe
01-07-2013, 4:22 PM
I like that. Of course to extend on this, TSA would search us and demand to know if we know anyone who has guns, if we know any preppers, or if we know any christians. Why not?

Obama already identified them, they cling bitterly to their Bibles and their GUNS.

You have already been targeted.

FF/EMT Nick
01-07-2013, 5:16 PM
Touched me on a level that no other article so far has.

I don't want to have to fight in the streets with wayward mil/leo/flea agencies. I don't want to die in a hail of gunfire at my own residence in the middle of the night. i don't want to conduct a guerrilla warfare campaign on the streets of America.

For the love of GOD, please don't make me do those things. Yellow line, Red line, DEAD LINE!!!!

Dragunov
01-07-2013, 5:43 PM

I don't want to have to fight in the streets with wayward mil/leo/flea agencies. I don't want to die in a hail of gunfire at my own residence in the middle of the night. i don't want to conduct a guerrilla warfare campaign on the streets of America.

For the love of GOD, please don't make me do those things. Yellow line, Red line, DEAD LINE!!!!Whatever it takes.

wjc
01-07-2013, 6:35 PM
I read this earlier today on another forum.

Good article and spells things out very clearly, IMO.

thegratenate
01-07-2013, 6:55 PM

For the love of GOD, please don't make me do those things. Yellow line, Red line, DEAD LINE!!!!

There are countless ways that this can play out. but at this moment in history we have access to a level of communications no other generation has enjoyed. We have to take advantage of it.

Sully
01-07-2013, 7:25 PM
Ever since the the Cambodian communist genocide after Vietnam, I have felt responsible to say 'Nie Wieder' or never again. Spoken with folks from SO Vietnam, Jews, Armenians. Am horrified about what is brewing for Afganistan, let alone what is brewing for the Middle East and Israel.

My Western Civ Ivy League prof in 1980 noted that America would have something uniquely American when it approaches totalitarianism.

Interesting article.

Falstaff
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I liked this part:

Federal, state, or local. You, the man or woman with the badge, the sworn LEO or FLEA and those who inhabit the many law enforcement niches in between and on all sides. This essay is directed to you, because in the end, how this turmoil about gun control turns out will depend largely upon your decisions and actions over the coming months and years.

The unintended consequences of this misguided utopian fool’s crusade to ban guns would include a second civil war as agonizingly painful as the first one, if not more so, since there would be no front lines and no safe areas for anybody, anywhere. Every sane American wants to prevent such a calamitous outcome as a “dirty civil war” on United States soil.

But know this: those tens of millions will never be quietly disarmed and then later forced at government gunpoint onto history’s next boxcars. If boxcars and detention camps are to be in America’s future, then you, Mr. Security Agent, will have to disarm them the hard way first. Not Piers Morgan, not Michael Moore, not Rosie O’Donnell, not Dianne Feinstein, not Chuck Schumer.

You...

frankm
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Scary but true.

frankm
01-07-2013, 10:25 PM
I think I'll leave this right here. Urban operations mil manual. jusr right click and save.

http://modernsurvivalonline.com/Files/books/fm/mcwp3353.pdf

gomatty
01-08-2013, 1:52 AM
Excellent piece. I should have waited until after work. Now I'm going to be very short on sleep. :)

Baja Daze
01-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Thanks for posting this, I was going to do the same. This is well worth the read and thanks to Matt Bracken for his service (SEAL) and for continuing to defend our rights.

Think about this:

"In 1911, a national gun registration law was passed in Turkey, with no apparent ill intention beyond increasing public safety. In 1915, during the Great War, these gun registration lists were used to disarm the Armenian and other Christian populations. Army battalions cordoned off entire towns and did gun sweeps. Once disarmed, the official state violence visited against the Armenians ratcheted up to murderous levels. Typically, on town-wide sweeps, all of the men and boys were taken away by the Turkish soldiers, never to be seen or heard from again".

AeroEngi
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Excellent read! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wherryj
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for posting this, I was going to do the same. This is well worth the read and thanks to Matt Bracken for his service (SEAL) and for continuing to defend our rights.

Think about this:

"In 1911, a national gun registration law was passed in Turkey, with no apparent ill intention beyond increasing public safety. In 1915, during the Great War, these gun registration lists were used to disarm the Armenian and other Christian populations. Army battalions cordoned off entire towns and did gun sweeps. Once disarmed, the official state violence visited against the Armenians ratcheted up to murderous levels. Typically, on town-wide sweeps, all of the men and boys were taken away by the Turkish soldiers, never to be seen or heard from again".

People say "It can't happen here." I'd counter with a question: If it has happened so many times in so many countries in the past, what is to prevent it from happening here?

Our politicians are no less corrupt than the politicians of any other country. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." There are many things unworthy of repetition.

Untamed1972
01-09-2013, 2:22 PM
Excellent read and very spot on......and exactly what I've been thinking. The goons in DC can pass whatever they want.....it's meaningless unless the "troops" are willing to enforce the orders.

LEOs really need to ask themselves......are they really willing to go there? to go after their own neighbors? Are LEOs willing to become a target? Make their families a target? You can't be everywhere at once......how will you protect your family while you're out raiding homes for guns?

Simply fact is with all your equipment and training they are not equipped and staffed to handle mass resistance.

Do the smart thing and refuse the order.......then do the moral and honorable thing and arrest the traitor giving it!

Untamed1972
01-09-2013, 2:25 PM
People say "It can't happen here." I'd counter with a question: If it has happened so many times in so many countries in the past, what is to prevent it from happening here?

Our politicians are no less corrupt than the politicians of any other country. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." There are many things unworthy of repetition.

To those that say "it can't happen here"....I say:
Slavery
Trail of Tears
Wounded Knee
Internment of Japanese/Italian/German Americans during WWII
Waco
Ruby Ridge

Fact is....IT HAS happened here....many times.