PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Rapid Fire FAL receivers

Morales
08-26-2007, 11:01 PM
I was just checking out that site looking up Galil stuff when I saw they had FAL receivers. Do any of you fellows have experience with those? How do they compare to the DSA ones? I can see that there is a 200 dollar price difference so I'm very curious. What do you guys know?

thedrickel
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
I know this much - there is no such thing as an ORF FAL receiver. They haven't finished a single one. They announced plans to build a bunch, got the Century Galil contract, and haven't looked back yet. Supposedly they will get to them eventually (after the Galils run out). Get a DSA, dealer price is $350.

Morales
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks a lot drickel, that means that I won't pay the full 580 then if I have some one like Gunrunners transfer it then? Also, does that mean that the Galil receivers on ORF are bunk too?

thedrickel
08-27-2007, 12:08 AM
If you are in/around LA I'm sure you can find somebody to transfer one at dealre price + their normal transfer rate. From what I've read ORF is making fine Galil receivers and they have been selling well.

FEDUPWBS
08-27-2007, 12:23 AM
+1 on DSA call them and get on the waiting list better get two cause 1 isnt enough!

-hanko
08-27-2007, 6:23 AM
I know this much - there is no such thing as an ORF FAL receiver. They haven't finished a single one. They announced plans to build a bunch, got the Century Galil contract, and haven't looked back yet. Supposedly they will get to them eventually (after the Galils run out). Get a DSA, dealer price is $350.
ORF's fal receivers have been vaporware for around a year or so. Lots of pictures, lots of promises, no hardware:mad:

-hanko

caduckgunner
08-27-2007, 7:46 AM

Don't forget there new 203 40mm launcher receivers :rolleyes: I'm sure there is going to be a huge market for those.

rssslvr
08-27-2007, 9:11 AM
I don't know why you guys are talking down on ORF,yeah the FAL receivers have been put on hold for the galil stuff but that is a buisness decision.If you owned the company and had to make a decision between a contract that for sure paid or a project that didn't have for sure sales(especially competeing with DSA,that makes a supirior product)what would you chose?

The ORF galil clone receivers have been working well,their customer service has been outstanding(at least it has for me),the ORF built complete galil clones are well built and ORF is willing to work direct with us here in Ca.They did all the mods to mine to make it Ca. legal at a very reasonable price and had my rifle ready to ship within 2 days of me ordering it.

Lon Moer
08-27-2007, 2:23 PM
I don't know why you guys are talking down on ORF,yeah the FAL receivers have been put on hold for the galil stuff but that is a buisness decision.If you owned the company and had to make a decision between a contract that for sure paid or a project that didn't have for sure sales(especially competeing with DSA,that makes a supirior product)what would you chose?
At the same time that ORF started the FAL receiver project, then dropped that for the Galil project, Todd also tried to sell the tooling & dies for the G3 receivers. The G3 dies didn't sell (IIRC he wanted $175,000), so now Todd has a post over on HKPro.com setting up a group buy on G3 receiver "flats".:rolleyes:
While Todd/ORF do seem to have good intentions, weak follow through has created a lot of animosity within the gun building communities.:o

rorschach
08-27-2007, 5:53 PM
+1 on DSA call them and get on the waiting list better get two cause 1 isnt enough!
+1.
Don't forget there new 203 40mm launcher receivers I'm sure there is going to be a huge market for those.
Yeah, for all those inexpensive M203 parts kits we all stockpiled when the market was flooded with them. Todd's gotta get his priorities in order.

Pryde
08-27-2007, 6:31 PM
Don't forget there new 203 40mm launcher receivers :rolleyes: I'm sure there is going to be a huge market for those.

Todd has commented on this on another forum.

According to him, there is only a limited production of them and they are not geared for civilian sales. They are mainly intended to supply contractors working overseas who are unable to acquire 203s through US government channels.