PDA

View Full Version : The hell has frozen over! SFGate, Jams McMillian, Collegiate Service Rifle Champ

woodsman
01-07-2013, 9:02 AM
Rifle acumen yields a collegiate hotshot

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Rifle-acumen-yields-a-collegiate-hotshot-4171648.php

DirtyLawyer
01-07-2013, 9:05 AM
It was a good read. Timing of this article could not have been any better.

speedrrracer
01-07-2013, 9:22 AM
I guess it was a decent showing for our side.

Still, it's a shame that a kid can't even get his hard-earned day in the sun without the media having to throw in a blurb about mass murder.

Gotta keep up that association in the minds of the hysterical readers -- all firearms are linked to mass murder!

MontClaire
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
The sf freaking gate dot com has published a pro- gun story for the first time in my life!

And it's about an AR-15 type rifle!

Article: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Rifle-acumen-yields-a-collegiate-hotshot-4171648.php

Comments: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/articleComments/Rifle-acumen-yields-a-collegiate-hotshot-4171648.php

And, nice as this is, it will eventually go to OT.

// Librarian

Aidenpeacemaker
01-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Now if we could have fox and CNN put stories of responsible gun owners out there..but that doesn't make ratings

KevinB
01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
California Grizzly's is our local shooting team. My sons also shot on the team as jr's for 4 years.

The local community really supports that team.

That young man can really shoot. I'm glad to see a positive story also.

KevinB
01-07-2013, 10:21 AM
All 3 of our local high schools have Trap Shooting teams. We have never had a injury or a accident. That is a lot better than they can say about most high school sports.

pc_load_letter
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Great article!

The comments are priceless

Vlad 11
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Nice read.

I saw a Hickock45 video the other day and he referred to the target shooting as 'the hidden sport'. Most not realizing how many people participate in these interests

Because of noise, safety, and sometimes political and legal issues, we are forced to pursue our hobby far out of sight.

1911_sfca
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
It was a good article, factual, interesting, and didn't really take a political side either way. Nice journalism from sfgate, which tends to have challenges in terms of good reporting these days.

CowboyShooter
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
saw the Comicle rag while waiting in a coffee shop this morning... pretty decent article, but they just can't help themselves to toss in little "anti" blurbs, like mentioning Sandy Hook in relation to the AR and having a photo caption of the evil ammo as "high caliber" rounds... really? And the fact that he got his interest in shooting as a child when he first picked up his Dad's old Lee-Enfield... what is that, like smoking pot and ending up on heroin?

:43:

At least they didn't show human shaped targets

CowboyShooter
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
saw the Comicle rag while waiting in a coffee shop this morning... pretty decent article, but they just can't help themselves to toss in little "anti" blurbs, like mentioning Sandy Hook in relation to the AR and having a photo caption of the evil ammo as "high caliber" rounds... really? And the fact that he got his interest in shooting as a child when he first picked up his Dad's old Lee-Enfield... what is that, like smoking pot and ending up on heroin?

:43:

At least they didn't show human shaped targets