PDA

View Full Version : Write Reps Daily for the Next 8 Weeks - 2 Minutes/Day!

Pages : [1] 2

Excelsior
01-06-2013, 6:59 PM
Why not make the effort to write President Obama, your two senators and your US representative once a day for the next 8 weeks or so?

It's simple and fast. Go to Link to Reps (http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx) and type in your Zip Code.

To write to President Obama click on his name. Then click on "Contact", then on "Web Form." From there you can write to all federal officials at once, you can send a canned "Stop the Semi-Auto Gun Ban Bill" letter or you can compose your own letter. To send the canned letter takes less than 10 seconds.

You can then send something to your two senators and your representative.

I have committed to spending a few moments each day for the next 8 weeks or so to write my reps on this very important manner.

Join me?

compulsivegunbuyer
01-06-2013, 7:03 PM
Because they don't care. Donate to the NRA.

atc4usmc
01-06-2013, 7:15 PM
I just wrote again tonight. To the best of my ability, I will do this daily!

Excelsior
01-06-2013, 7:21 PM

Knock it off. You want to be apathetic then be silent!

By all means donate to/join the NRA. But please don't try to infer that you cannot do both -- and a whole lot more.

To suggest "they don't care" is pure crap. If enough people write you can be assured they will care.

Excelsior
01-06-2013, 7:23 PM
I just wrote again tonight. To the best of my ability, I will do this daily!

It can be a grind, it takes effort, but once all this stuff comes to an end (one way or the other), I want to be sure I haven't left anything on the table.

Fixmy59bug
01-06-2013, 7:26 PM
I will try to do this daily...

IPSICK
01-06-2013, 7:54 PM
Knock it off. You want to be apathetic then be silent!

By all means donate to/join the NRA. But please don't try to infer that you cannot do both -- and a whole lot more.

To suggest "they don't care" is pure crap. If enough people write you can be assured they will care.

It's not apathy it's political reality.

We've got Feinstein and Boxer in the Senate and I've got Barbara Lee in the House. I could write my letters in blood, sweat, and tears and it would just get fed in to the auto-responder. Obama has probably been looking for his in since the first election in 2008. Newtown gave his fear-mongering machine the necessary fuel.

At the state level, I've got Hancock from Berkeley and Bonta who I did not have a very re-assuring face to face (regarding 2A) conversation with during the elections. Brown still gets the benefit of the doubt from me but even though this is his final sendoff term, he is still after all a politician.

P.s. A friend of a friend actually had a personal family dinner with Feinstein and she is very ignorant and stupid in a very scary way. Reloaders beware.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 1:16 AM

We've got Feinstein and Boxer in the Senate and I've got Barbara Lee in the House. I could write my letters in blood, sweat, and tears and it would just get fed in to the auto-responder. Obama has probably been looking for his in since the first election in 2008. Newtown gave his fear-mongering machine the necessary fuel.

At the state level, I've got Hancock from Berkeley and Bonta who I did not have a very re-assuring face to face (regarding 2A) conversation with during the elections. Brown still gets the benefit of the doubt from me but even though this is his final sendoff term, he is still after all a politician.

P.s. A friend of a friend actually had a personal family dinner with Feinstein and she is very ignorant and stupid in a very scary way. Reloaders beware.

You're apathetic and probably more than a touch naive. You're more willing to whine about things than work to improve them. Thankfully most people who are concerned with preserving their RKBA have more drive than you do.

SwissFluCase
01-07-2013, 1:18 AM
We can still write those who are "on the fence" in other states.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

IPSICK
01-07-2013, 2:32 AM
You're apathetic and probably more than a touch naive. You're more willing to whine about things than work to improve them. Thankfully most people who are concerned with preserving their RKBA have more drive than you do.

"Naive"? Pot calling the kettle black? You are immature, ignorant, and foolish if you really believe you can sway someone like Feinstein's twisted beliefs. Thank you for reaffirming how stupid you really are. Maybe I was foolish to think you had gained some wisdom from your time here.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

^This makes more sense than trying to sway the stonewalled stubborn. I did this for state Reps and Senators that were on committees relevant to stopping SB249 last year. I even gave Yee's office a call until I realized he was the equivalent of a male Chinese Feinstein. Realized focusing my time on other members of the legislature would be more effective. I'm not apathetic, just realistic and intelligent in how I direct my opposition.

NotEnufGarage
01-07-2013, 3:35 AM
Writing to BHO, Feinstein and Boxer is a waste of time.

Even if each of us were to print these letters out, put them in an envelope, afix a stamp and mail them every day, they'd still ignore them.

While it may make you feel good and convince you that you've accomplished something, don't let that feeling keep you from doing something that will do some good, such as joining or donating to the NRA.

anthonyca
01-07-2013, 5:58 AM

Even if each of us were to print these letters out, put them in an envelope, afix a stamp and mail them every day, they'd still ignore them.

While it may make you feel good and convince you that you've accomplished something, don't let that feeling keep you from doing something that will do some good, such as joining or donating to the NRA.

While on one hand you are correct, the politicians win when we think that way. Even in this crap hole state most people don't agree with the politicians, so what do they do? Just give up and not vote or voice opposition. If all of us who hated the way this state and country are headed did something about it we could fix many of the problems.

There is nothing a corrupt politician loves more than apathy from his constitutes. It's like a rape victim saying, the perp is so much stronger she should just not put up a fight. Most of the time she will lose, but she may just win. Don't go down with out at least swinging.

+1 on joining the NRA. Gun owners are the best example of a group who could own an issue if they stuck together.

Apocalypsenerd
01-07-2013, 7:11 AM
My letter to our reps:
Dear Elected Officials,

Please back off of gun control measures. There are verifiably proven means to make our nation safer and gun control is not one of them. The banning of firearms has not statistical proof as a means of making us safer. In fact, studies done by forensic statisticians suggest that guns are used to defend lives MANY times more than they are used to threaten them.

President Obama: Keep your word. You promised in 2008 to not seek confiscation or bans.

Senator Boxer: I have voted for you and supported you for years based on the work you did in reforming the IRS. Your staff helped a friend of mine, who was a single mother being unfairly pursued by the IRS. If you support Feinstein's gun ban, I will never vote for or support you again.

Senator Feinstein: A couple years back, the President of Mexico stood in the US Capitol and blamed our Second Amendment for the drug deaths in his country. He suggested we needed to ban guns and you gave him a standing ovation. Madame, you took an oath to defend our Constitution. You didn't take an oath to only defend the parts of the Constitution that you like. You certainly did not take an oath to side with corrupt politicians from failing nations in destroying our civil liberties.

Representative Issa: Keep up the good work on this issue.

Thank you,

Also, lifetime member of the NRA already.

Rock6.3
01-07-2013, 7:15 AM
Letters take weeks to get thru the anthrax screening systems.
Call instead.
Use your free wireless minutes.

Rock6.3
01-07-2013, 7:15 AM
Letters take weeks to get thru the anthrax screening systems.
Call instead.
Use your free wireless minutes.

compulsivegunbuyer
01-07-2013, 7:42 AM
Gun rights organizations turn the screws where it makes a difference. I can write until my fingers bleed, it wont make a difference with any of my federal, state, or local representatives. Despite my vote otherwise, they continue to get re elected, and run the state into insolvency. The courts is where these fights hash out. The only deterrent for these people is a legal battle they might lose. That takes money. A few bucks a month will go leaps and bounds farther than my ignored letters. If every gun owner joined the NRA, donated a few extra bucks when they could, we could bankrupt them with lawsuits. That's how the system operates.

luvtolean
01-07-2013, 7:47 AM
Guys, you're totally ridiculous. It is not a waste of time to write, it is the most productive 1 minute period you'll spend on your rights today!

It absolutely matters to write, it's part of the feedback mechanism of the people.

The more letters they get, the more votes they know they lose, and the more energy they know they are going to fight. Even Feinstein has said on record she doesn't bring bills forward when she thinks they're politically unfeasible (latest was 2009 she said such). Make her know she's going to lose.

President Obama is far more sensitive on this, that moron couldn't care less about anything except his own narcissism. Let him know he's lost another.

WRITE, RIGHT NOW. It's less than a minute.

javalos
01-07-2013, 9:16 AM

No, wrong, you must write, that way they cannot say that no one contacted them and opposed the legislation. A letter, fax, e-mail, phone call, etc, is all documented opposition. Don't let yourself fall into a mindset that simply donating to the NRA is all we can do. Its up to each and everyone of us to voice our opposition and make it clear the legislation is over the top and un-Constitutional.

xounlistedxox
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Here is what I wrote to all reps including the pres.

I am a US Born Citizen. I am what would be classified as Middle Class. I work hard, pay taxes, obey the law, and vote.

I do not support any form of increased firearms control pertaining to law abiding citizens. I do not support any form of firearms legislation that comes from Diane Feinstein. She has already stated that she wants every single person in America to hand over their guns. A person who would even think of something that drastic let alone state it publicly on record would have to be insane.

You and every other member of the Government are put into office by the people to uphold and stand up for our constitutional rights.

There is no such thing as a reasonable restriction in relation to firearms as it pertains to law abiding citizens.

Anyone in office supporting any further firearms restrictions will never get a vote from me again. Regardless of your stance on other issues. Our Constitution is not up for debate.

kf6tac
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I had been planning to compose my own letter to send repeatedly to my federal reps, but seeing as how they are Feinstein, Boxer, and whatever Dem my district put in the House of Representatives, the canned letter just saved me a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

hermosabeach
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
When gun legislation was forced through in prior years, many career politicians were voted out.

After Roberti- Roos was passed a recall effort was announced and while the effort failed, the politician used every dollar they had access to fighting the recall.

They then had no war chest for this reelection and lost :)

Under Clinton, many anti gun politicians lost office due to gun legislation

While Feinstein might not care about your letters- the word gets out from staffers that they are flooded from the pro gun crowd.

hermosabeach
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_ 1994

The 1994 U.S. House of Representatives election was held on November 8, 1994, in the middle of President Bill Clinton's first term. As a result of a 54-seat swing in membership from Democrats to Republicans, the Republican Party gained a majority of seats in the United States House of Representatives for the first time since 1954.

pitbull30
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Some say it may be a waste of time, but if all it takes is a book of stamps, print off the same letter 50 times and hand write some envelopes I am willing to try.
I’d like to focus on some of the other people who may be on the fence or we can sway as mentioned above. Someone here who is politician savvy and knows who these people are should compose a list of such people we should focus on. Anyone know of a list or care to put one together? My book of stamps and emails are ready to go if you can provide me with some names/addresses. To sit back and do nothing or complain doesn’t help at all obviously. We have tons of veterans and professionals on this board. Put up a fight. Don’t just sit back and take it.

On a side note I sent the web email form to all my reps and got the usual cut & paste replies. That’s another reason I’m up for letters.

What else have I done….Rejoined NRA, donated to CGF, shopped 42A.com, and purchased another firearm from the local shop.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 1:11 PM

More apathy. Why not simply STFU if you're unwilling to at least try?

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 1:13 PM
Gun rights organizations turn the screws where it makes a difference. I can write until my fingers bleed, it wont make a difference with any of my federal, state, or local representatives. Despite my vote otherwise, they continue to get re elected, and run the state into insolvency. The courts is where these fights hash out. The only deterrent for these people is a legal battle they might lose. That takes money. A few bucks a month will go leaps and bounds farther than my ignored letters. If every gun owner joined the NRA, donated a few extra bucks when they could, we could bankrupt them with lawsuits. That's how the system operates.

More apathy.

Stop trying to sell the false dichotomy of writing to our reps OR joining the NRA! Do both! Stop polluting this thread with your apparent belief that you can do one or the other.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 1:22 PM
Guys, you're totally ridiculous. It is not a waste of time to write, it is the most productive 1 minute period you'll spend on your rights today!

It absolutely matters to write, it's part of the feedback mechanism of the people.

The more letters they get, the more votes they know they lose, and the more energy they know they are going to fight. Even Feinstein has said on record she doesn't bring bills forward when she thinks they're politically unfeasible (latest was 2009 she said such). Make her know she's going to lose.

President Obama is far more sensitive on this, that moron couldn't care less about anything except his own narcissism. Let him know he's lost another.

WRITE, RIGHT NOW. It's less than a minute.

Amen! The apathy from the "I know better than yous" is rather disappointing. Too many people spend more time making excuses for their sloth rather than at least trying.

No matter what happens in the next 1-3 months, I'll know that I joined the NRA, that I gifted other NRA memberships and that I wrote my reps. If things go bad I don't want to know that I left stuff on the table.

IPSICK
01-07-2013, 1:52 PM
More apathy. Why not simply STFU if you're unwilling to at least try?

I'll give you a thousand bucks if you can prove to me you've changed Feinstein's mind about gun control.

It's not apathy, it's realization that time, money, and resources may be better directed elsewhere.

Funny you are preaching apathy since it seems that you just re-joined the NRA (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=9979582&postcount=2). WTF have you been doing since then? Are you a life member yet? Do you donate regularly to CGF? How active were you during the SB249 scare? You're beginning to smell of the same hypocrisy of the gun control crowd.

MotoriousRacing
01-07-2013, 2:12 PM
I'm in. I may be able to do this from work often.

I don't think it is a waste of time; it is something the politicians staff will actively have to deal with, sorting through all the emails. Accordingly, I suggest a benign Subject Title, because their staff will likely be looking for letters supporting further restrictions to wave to the press. If all that is stated in the Subject Title is something like "My thoughts on Firearm Restrictions", I'm guessing the staff will need to open it hoping it is some mother from MADD with a firearms story. If their staff becomes engrossed in this task, they will fail in other areas. When they fail in other areas (say the economy), citizens on the fence about firearm restrictions will put pressure on the politician to drop the 2A BS and work on something more important.

That said, I don't want to seem lazy, but can someone post (or provide a link) to a generic letter anyone could send? Thanks.

JSolie
01-07-2013, 2:15 PM
Don't think it could hurt. Why not do both? :D

Hoologan
01-07-2013, 2:19 PM
You can write all of your federal and state reps from one link at congress.org. See the links on the right side of the page.

http://www.congress.org/news/

tcp
01-07-2013, 3:15 PM
Of course one letter is not going to change Feinstein's mind, but your letter might change someone else's mind, your neighbors, co-workers, or any anti- gunner you may show it to. It didn't take me much time or effort to write a letter, show it to people and send it off.
In the time it took you to crap in this thread you could've done the same.

97F1504RAD
01-07-2013, 3:25 PM
Done. These forms make it very easy

LoadedM333
01-07-2013, 3:40 PM
Just wrote to my congressman, see if I get any responses.

IPSICK
01-07-2013, 3:40 PM
Of course one letter is not going to change Feinstein's mind, but your letter might change someone else's mind, your neighbors, co-workers, or any anti- gunner you may show it to. It didn't take me much time or effort to write a letter, show it to people and send it off.

Who says I haven't done all of those things minus wasting my time sending something to Feinstein? Most reasonable people want a moderate discussion about guns. Feinstein just says EFF YOU.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 6:16 PM
Just wrote to my congressman, see if I get any responses.

My rep (or rather a staffer) sends a canned e-mail response within 2 days. Obama, Feinstein and Boxer have yet to retort.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 6:17 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 6:18 PM

Very well said. Thanks.

OHOD
01-07-2013, 6:30 PM
I thought the thread title was....

Wipe Reps Daily for the Next 8 Weeks - 2 Minutes/Day!

Sorry.
That's what I saw. I sort of have a small brain.

Arondos
01-07-2013, 6:39 PM
Here's what I am sending.

Subject: Assault weapons ban

As a retired veteran and a firearms owner I feel the current emotional response is in error.

No number of laws will stop and evil or mentally disturbed person from harming another.

We need to recognize the mental health issues as a problem. We need to get disturbed people the help they need before they commit terrible acts.

If they do decide to harm others making sure everyone is defenseless and unable to protect themselves is not an acceptable solution.

I am 100% against restricting a law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms because a criminal chooses to ignore the law.

snakehead31
01-07-2013, 7:26 PM
Even if it falls on def ears, I at least feel like I'm trying to do something to help. The canned letter is super easy, and certainly more productive than talking **** to fellow calgunners.

wjc
01-07-2013, 7:30 PM
Here's a handy tool that can let you write to Federal and state reps.

Check the links on the right sidebar.

Rickrock1
01-07-2013, 7:37 PM
Everyone please keep it up and share letters with your friends and family and encourge them to do. Communicate this meesage via face book, twitter, you tube etc. It's vital to all of us that everyone getsw and stays very active.

pitbull30
01-07-2013, 7:45 PM
To the OP.

You should compile a list of people to write. I've used the web form and get the same reply on the lines of: "Thank you for your email. We will take this into consideration".

I feel the email form to our CA folks are going in the trash. Lets focus on other methods.

nicki
01-07-2013, 8:08 PM
Like most on this board, I am against the AW and normal mag limit ban, this actually is not a bad idea.

Handwritten letters with a postage stamp used to be the best, but with the current delay in mail, it has limited effect on bills where time is critical.

Handwritten letters send via US mail are the most potent form of communication, a letter sent this way I believe has a value of 10,000 votes.

That being said, this is going to drag out, so let those letters just pile up because they will be relevant in 6 to 8 weeks.

Now e mails may or may not get read, but with enough of them, we crash their servers, that has happened here in Cali, it can happen nationwide.

Phone calls are something we should do, put your reps name on speed dail and just call during the day sometime. If you can't get through it means others can't either.

When you do get through, you tie up a staffer.

Now with the phone calls, we need to be smart.

If we are calling a pro gun republican, we thank them and encourage them to hold on. If we get a friendly staffer, often they will let us know how things are going, particularily if they need help.

If we are calling someone on the fence, we need to be tactful and bring up all the lies and misinformation the other side has resorted to and offer alternatives to deal with mass shooters.

For example, how about cracking down on this psych drugs that all the shooters seemed to have been taking. I am sure that the fact that the pharmacy industry spends billions on advertising hasn't tainted the reporting of our news media, right.;)

Now for the democrats, you can play it two ways here.

You can call as a concerned Democrat that Feinstein's bill is going to lead to a repeat of 1994 and a Tea Party President in 2016 which will lead to a rollback of all the gains we made since the 1960's.

Cry about Reagan and Bush, how we finally got some "sanity" because the "gun issue" wasn't an issue in the last few elections and now we are firing up the Republican base.

The Republicans have their "legitimate rape" comments that fired up our base and pissed off the middle and now we are showing that we are after people's guns and in the low turnout mid term elections, we are about to screw ourselves again.

Doesn't Di Fi get it that she is hurting the very things we care most about.

Now, if you can't play being a Democrat, play being a conservative.

Call a Dems office and thank them for supporting the AW bill, tell them you were so upset with the Republicans and their stupid remarks with legitimate rape and a child from a rape is a gift from God because it cost them the election.

Tell them to trudge on, because it will be 1994 again and in 2016, we will elect a "real conservative" with a "conservative Congress and Senate and do some house cleaning.

Point is we don't have to sit and take it.

Nicki

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 8:13 PM
I'll give you a thousand bucks if you can prove to me you've changed Feinstein's mind about gun control.

It's not apathy, it's realization that time, money, and resources may be better directed elsewhere.

Do you honestly think you can sell that crap here? What's your actual opportunity cost of spending 2 mins/day writing your reps? Is it 2 minutes you can't spending whining here?

To try and sell the outright lie that spending (literally) two minutes a day will keep you from better directing your "time, money, and resources" is pure garbage. I hope you realize that others recognize this.

All you are trying to do is defend your ego with your bobbing and weaving. You're wrong and others recognize it, no matter how many extraneous variables you try to introduce to the discussion.

You don't have 2 minutes to write yet you continue to return to this thread where you spend time whining. Sorry, no sale!

denpython
01-07-2013, 8:14 PM
You can write all of your federal and state reps from one link at congress.org. See the links on the right side of the page.

Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 8:21 PM
To the OP.

You should compile a list of people to write. I've used the web form and get the same reply on the lines of: "Thank you for your email. We will take this into consideration".

I feel the email form to our CA folks are going in the trash. Lets focus on other methods.

Again, no.

Spending a minute or two a day on writing my reps is not keeping me from doing others things. There is no opportunity cost. It's not keeping me from doing other things. I hope you realize what I am saying.

We should all do everything that we can, particularly in the next 30-90 days. What I won't do is stop writing my reps under the guise that it keeps me from doing other things in this fight.

jdouglas
01-07-2013, 9:01 PM
Emails sent. :-)

chris
01-07-2013, 9:14 PM

P.s. A friend of a friend actually had a personal family dinner with Feinstein and she is very ignorant and stupid in a very scary way. Reloaders beware .

this i'm not surprised at all.

you cry too much that is what i see. what IPSICK posted is quite on point and true. if you don't see the meaning of his post then don't.

since DiFi's bill has not been introduced and no bill number to reference too i will wait and see what the bill number is and hammer them daily after the bill is public. then in BOLD put the bill number in the email.

Excelsior
01-07-2013, 9:26 PM

It's the same one I posted except from the link I posted is via the NRA-ILA website.

chris
01-07-2013, 9:27 PM
Now e mails may or may not get read, but with enough of them, we crash their servers, that has happened here in Cali, it can happen nationwide.

i would love to hear this on the news. and we would all know why it happened.

City Hunter
01-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Sent mine in. I never receive a response from Boxer, but Feinstein sends the usual form response. Don't know about Linda Sanchez since the city I live in just got redistricted into her area.

Thinking of calling their offices too. Just not very good at talking on the phone. Any suggestions on what to say?

atto
01-08-2013, 2:13 PM
Sent mine in. I never receive a response from Boxer, but Feinstein sends the usual form response. Don't know about Linda Sanchez since the city I live in just got redistricted into her area.

Thinking of calling their offices too. Just not very good at talking on the phone. Any suggestions on what to say?

From Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/progun/comments/156hz5/mod_post_how_to_talk_to_your_reps/):

Just remember these rules:

Call your district reps FIRST
Be Brief
Be Polite
Don't argue or expect to argue your point
Call Often until we see a vote.

kaligaran
01-08-2013, 2:40 PM
I just stamped a real (using an envelope!) letter to all 4 of my reps from congress.org. I really like their interface.

This is my 3rd set of letters to go out in the last week.

kaligaran
01-08-2013, 2:40 PM
I just stamped a real (using an envelope!) letter to all 4 of my reps from congress.org. I really like their interface.

This is my 3rd set of letters to go out in the last week.

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 3:26 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.

merrill
01-08-2013, 4:09 PM
Get a habit a going, it doesn't take much. Starting on January 1st I started sending emails every day via NRA website. On Friday I write a letter or make a phone call instead of emails. About 10 minutes a day is all it takes.

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 6:54 PM
Get a habit a going, it doesn't take much. Starting on January 1st I started sending emails every day via NRA website. On Friday I write a letter or make a phone call instead of emails. About 10 minutes a day is all it takes.

Excellent!

Ventura_Yak'r
01-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Renewed my NRA membership today and sent letters via NRA website... they've made it easy w/ their set up... going to get my friends and family to do the same

Excelsior
01-09-2013, 1:19 AM
this i'm not surprised at all.

you cry too much that is what i see. what IPSICK posted is quite on point and true. if you don't see the meaning of his post then don't.

since DiFi's bill has not been introduced and no bill number to reference too i will wait and see what the bill number is and hammer them daily after the bill is public. then in BOLD put the bill number in the email.

And you add absolutely no value to this thread. Rather than crap on this thread why not simply STFU? You're capable of that, right? There are people all over the different gun forums doing what they can to help right now. I suggest you do something yourself rather than simply whine.

It makes no difference if Feinstein's bill has been introduced or not, you're aware of that, right? As a senator she's a member of of congress who represents California voters and she might well be voting on other bills that have been introduced by others [they even have numbers you can "reference too." (sic)] Writing Feinstein now in no way keeps you from writing her down the road if and when she does actually introduce a bill. You do realize that, right? In the mean time please find something more productive than crapping on threads.

BanjoGunner
01-09-2013, 2:51 PM
Wrote to all my Federal and State Reps again today, this time using the congress.org link (thanks wjc).

It does take me longer than 2 min/day though, more like 15-20. Although the actual verbiage is likely falling on deaf ears, I am still taking the time to write a different letter each round (not to each rep). What this does is help me focus my arguments down to a clear, concise set of statements, which will be useful should I need to discuss these issues with someone who is unsure about them.

Excelsior
01-09-2013, 5:42 PM
Wrote to all my Federal and State Reps again today, this time using the congress.org link (thanks wjc).

It does take me longer than 2 min/day though, more like 15-20. Although the actual verbiage is likely falling on deaf ears, I am still taking the time to write a different letter each round (not to each rep). What this does is help me focus my arguments down to a clear, concise set of statements, which will be useful should I need to discuss these issues with someone who is unsure about them.

Good job.

Using the pre-composed letter (or your own letter that you cut and paste each day) it should take no more than 1-2 minutes (literally) per day using the form noted on posting #1 or #41 -- they are the same.

1.) Go to Write Your Representatives (http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx) and input your Zip Code.

2.) Click on "Write to All Your Federal Reps at Once."

3.) Cut and paste your own letter into the space

4.) Fill in your information (you only have to do this once -- it will remember you) and hit the "Send Message" key. Done.

If you are in an even bigger hurry you can:

1.) Go to Write Your Representatives (http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx) and input your Zip Code.

2.) Click on "Stop the Semi-Auto Gun Ban Bill!" This will send a pre-composed letter.

3.) Fill in your information (you only have to do this once -- it will remember you) and hit the "Send Message" key. Done.

Good luck.

BanjoGunner
01-10-2013, 7:55 AM
Today's subject was gun-free zones.

And excelsior, you shouldn't assume people are unable to follow the simple instructions on these websites. It doesn't help your cause...

new1911
01-10-2013, 8:21 AM
http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/obama-plans-gun-registration-the-necessary-prelude-to-confiscation/#axzz2HacyzLq5

links, letter, contact info, petitions at the end of article.

Foulball
01-10-2013, 8:49 AM
Here's a copy of the letter I sent out:

Subject: Proposed Legislation re: Firearms/Ammunition:

As a middle class father, husband and firearms owner I feel the current emotional proposals to ban guns/ammunition/magazines, in response to recent tragedies, to be in error.

We need to recognize the mental health issue as a problem. We need to get disturbed people the help they need before they commit terrible acts. No number of laws will stop an evil or mentally disturbed person from harming another.

If they do decide to harm others, making sure law abiding fathers and mothers are defenseless and unable to protect themselves and their children is not an acceptable solution.

I am 100% against restricting a law abiding citizen’s right to keep and bear arms because a criminal, by definition, has already chosen to ignore the law.

Sincerely,

disintelligentsia
01-10-2013, 1:34 PM
Done. Here's my letter.

Dear Sirs:

While it is true that violence in America is an issue that needs to be grappled with, unconstitutional measures designed to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms is not the answer. Other nations have high gun ownership without high incidents of violence (Sweden, Israel) whereas other nations have very restrictive gun laws but high incidents of violence (Mexico, Great Britain). Restrictive gun laws are clearly not the answer.

I urge my representatives in the White House, Senate and House to focus their efforts where they will actually make a difference - our asinine "drug war", society's poor attitude towards those with mental health issues and, to address the majority of school related shootings, the bullying that goes on in schools that results in students who feel ostracized and without hope. Additionally, you should focus on rolling back laws that restrict the ability of people to defend themselves. Except for the incident involving representative Giffords, every single mass-shooting incident in the last fifty years has taken place at a location where firearms are forbidden. People who engage in mass-shootings are picking locations where no one can defend their intended victims.

Anyone who claims that they are trying to ensure the safety of their constituents by restricting their right to self-defense is deluding themselves, insulting the intelligence of their constituents and doing them a disservice.

Thank you for your consideration.

Excelsior
01-10-2013, 2:38 PM
Today's subject was gun-free zones.

And excelsior, you shouldn't assume people are unable to follow the simple instructions on these websites. It doesn't help your cause...

It took me 22 seconds this morning...

JSolie
01-11-2013, 1:06 PM
It took me 22 seconds this morning...

I think you got it done faster than me today.

toyotaguy
01-11-2013, 1:10 PM
Wrote to my reps at the state and federal level again!!

Excelsior
01-11-2013, 2:43 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.

toyotaguy
01-12-2013, 8:41 AM
Wrote to mine again!!!

glock7
01-12-2013, 2:44 PM
Done, instead of whining, lets stick together on this. Write, don't write whatever. Writing everyday I like my 2a rights. I hope to keep them.

glock7
01-12-2013, 2:50 PM
Done, I enjoy my 2a rights, writing to the powers that be isn't that hard. We should all do what we can to protect our rights.

Excelsior
01-12-2013, 4:06 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.

Excelsior
01-13-2013, 2:38 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.

toyotaguy
01-13-2013, 7:37 AM
Wrote mine via the Ruger link!

Excelsior
01-15-2013, 3:53 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.

Excelsior
01-16-2013, 2:09 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 10, done. 01/16/13 -- President Obama's press conference.

Ruger also provides a very quick and simple way to contact your legislators:

Ruger: Take Action (http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html)

toyotaguy
01-16-2013, 6:59 PM
Wrote to my reps again today as well!!!

Excelsior
01-16-2013, 7:37 PM
Wrote to my reps again today as well!!!

Excellent. Don't leave anything on the table!

Excelsior
01-17-2013, 5:35 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 10, done. 01/16/13 -- President Obama's 23-point press conference.
Day 11, done.

Excelsior
01-18-2013, 3:19 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.

Excelsior
01-19-2013, 3:28 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 13, done.

Ruger Quick Link to Write Your Legislators (http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html)

toyotaguy
01-19-2013, 7:27 AM
Done again!!!

merrill
01-19-2013, 7:41 AM
Besides your own senator and representative, take time to email/write the Speaker of the House Boehner and Senate Majority leader Reid. Below are links.

http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/

http://www.reid.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm

Also, below is the letter I usually send through the NRA web site. It’s just a variation of several I thought were good.

I strongly urge you to oppose pending legislation to ban semiautomatic rifles and ammunition. Senator Feinstein’s proposed legislation along with Federal H.R. 137 – Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), Federal H.R. 34 – Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL), Federal H.R. 93 – Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI), Federal H.R. 138 – Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), Federal H.R. 141 – Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), Federal H.R. 142 – Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), Federal H.R. 34 – Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL ), Federal H.R. 117 – Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Federal H.R. 65 – Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) and Federal H.R. 21 – Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) will not reduce crime and it attacks our second amendment rights. I also oppose presidential executive orders that limit our rights to gun ownership and ammunition purchases.

These bills will result in public outcry and lawsuits that will tangle up the U S courts for months or years. It makes no sense to find semi-automatic handguns legal but not semi-automatic rifles, especially given that handguns are used to perpetrate far more crimes than rifles—87% of all gun crimes between 1993 and 2001.

I implore you to be practical about Legislation or face the prospect of an expensive uphill legal battle on the taxpayers’ dime. Protect both democrat and republican gun owner’s rights as defined under the second amendment.

glock7
01-19-2013, 9:41 AM
Even if it falls on def ears, I at least feel like I'm trying to do something to help. The canned letter is super easy, and certainly more productive than talking **** to fellow calgunners.

good point. I've been sending out my emails everyday. i've joined and donated, those are the things that i can do. and i will do them. not giving up the fight. it's only futile if you do nothing. :oji:

Excelsior
01-20-2013, 1:00 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 13, done. 01/19/13 -- Gun Appreciation Day
Day 14, done.

Excelsior
01-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.

Excelsior
01-23-2013, 3:04 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 16, done. 01/22/13 -- Wayne LaPierre speech at Weatherby Dinner
Day 17, done.

JSolie
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I think I've gotten every day, too. If I missed a day, it would have been on a weekend. I used the congress.org link AND the Ruger link. Additionally, I've sent off a few letters as well.

Excelsior
01-23-2013, 1:07 PM
I think I've gotten every day, too. If I missed a day, it would have been on a weekend. I used the congress.org link AND the Ruger link. Additionally, I've sent off a few letters as well.

Outstanding!

Excelsior
01-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 18, done. 01/24/13 -- DiFi to introduce draconian bill into US Senate later today.

toyotaguy
01-24-2013, 7:20 AM
Done again!

JSolie
01-24-2013, 9:11 AM
...and done again!

Excelsior
01-25-2013, 3:49 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 18, done. 01/24/13 -- DiFi to introduce draconian bill into US Senate later today.
Day 19, done.

TacticalPlinker
01-25-2013, 4:06 AM
I've been doing it constantly...
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
http://www.congress.org

Here is 1 of my letters... I try to change it up, but still get the point across. This one is a bit long.

This statement is hereby addressed to all United States Senators, State Representatives, State Governors, and both the Vice President and President of the United States of America, and their respective staff members.

The 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights, as part of the United States Constitution, reads as follows.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a Free State, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed.”

What part of “The Right of the People Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed,” do you not understand?

Let me be clear.

The 2nd Amendment was not written to protect hunting, entertainment, sport, competition, or even self-defense. The 2nd Amendment is a right, not a privilege.

The 2nd Amendment was not written to permit or deny the use and ownership of arms based upon caliber, firing rate, magazine capacity, physical size, appearance, shape, color, features or type.

The 2nd Amendment was not written to permit or deny based upon terms, conditions, circumstances, exemptions, permit, license or legislation.

The 2nd Amendment was written to guarantee all other amendments remain unmolested. The 2nd Amendment is vital to the existence of our Constitution and critical to our most fundamental freedoms.

Without the 2nd Amendment, all citizens are defenseless in the protection of our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The 2nd Amendment is what ultimately guarantees our freedom from tyrant governments, invading armies, and all other enemies of freedom, both foreign and domestic.

Take notice.

You have no such authority to infringe upon, in any way, shape or form, or to any degree, our Constitutional rights.

You have no such authority to violate through legislation or direct action any amendment within the United States Constitution.

You have no such authority to prohibit, restrict, regulate or control the use and ownership of arms.

Let me remind me you.

As a government official, freely elected by the people, you swore an oath upon taking your respective public office, to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

To act against this oath is an act of treason. I can assure you, that your actions will not go unnoticed by American voters, taxpayers and gun owners.

I am a citizen of the State of California and the United States of America.

I am a registered voter and a taxpayer.

I am a responsible, and law abiding owner of firearms.

I am a patriot.

I do not own an “assault weapon.”

I do not own an “assault rifle.”

I do not own an “assault pistol.”

I do not own an “assault shotgun.”

I do not own an “assault magazine.”

My firearms do not possess the ability for “select fire.”

My firearms do not possess the ability for “burst fire.”

My firearms do not possess the ability for “fully automatic fire.”

My firearms are not used as “weapons.”

My firearms are not used for the purpose of “assault” or causing harm.

My firearms are not used for any illegal purpose.

My firearms are not “military weapons”.

My firearms are not used in a military or law enforcement capacity.

I am not an active or former member of any military or militia, foreign or domestic.

I am not a "domestic terrorist".

I do not suffer from any mental disease or defect.

I do not harbor "ill will," "violent behavior," “evil” or “bad intentions.”

I reject any and all support for gun control on a city, county, state or federal level, or in any way, shape or form, or to any degree. Period and end of discussion.

woodsman
01-25-2013, 6:39 AM
My daily morning routine.

Now if i could just get to the gym....

Excelsior
01-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.

JSolie
01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Done again today. :)

Excelsior
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.

mAd mOrdigan
01-27-2013, 2:16 AM
link isn't working on my phone, I'll try again tomorrow

DBLee
01-27-2013, 3:14 AM
Here's the easiest way to contact them:

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

and

http://www.popvox.com/blog/2013/issue-spotlight-firearms-113th/

toyotaguy
01-27-2013, 7:16 AM
Done again!

the_tunaman
01-27-2013, 7:53 AM
Done... I refuse to accept apathy as acceptable behavior and have sent my custom message to the Federal and State representatives.

I will strive to do so every morning before starting work.

JSolie
01-27-2013, 1:01 PM
Done again

Excelsior
01-29-2013, 1:00 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.

Mk48
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Day 1

Excelsior
01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Day 1

Outstanding! Welcome aboard!

Excelsior
01-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.

Mk48
01-30-2013, 8:15 PM
Day 2

gt40240
01-30-2013, 8:32 PM
Write it in Word and then copy and paste it to the email once daily. this saves on time. also mailing it in through snail mail doesn't hurt, but costs money so maybe do it once or so. DONATE TO THE NRA!!!!! and support the local sheriffs who support the second amendment and scold the ones who don't. Also support the mayors and other officials who defend the bill of rights and protest the ones who don't. Its our duty as Americans to speak loud and clear againsed any and all forms of oppression!!

toyotaguy
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Done again!

Excelsior
01-31-2013, 1:07 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 24, done. 01/30/13 -- Senate Hearings on Gun Violence
Day 25, done.

toyotaguy
01-31-2013, 7:41 AM
Done again!

JSolie
01-31-2013, 11:02 AM
...and again!

Mk48
01-31-2013, 8:09 PM
Done

Excelsior
02-02-2013, 1:48 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done.

Jwtechnic
02-02-2013, 2:27 AM

Definitely agree.. Already started in NM & CO

Jwtechnic
02-02-2013, 2:31 AM
Done!
Not planning to stop writing CA representatives anytime soon.

toyotaguy
02-02-2013, 7:19 AM
DONE!

Excelsior
02-03-2013, 2:05 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.

JSolie
02-04-2013, 9:45 AM
Done again! Plus the weekend, too.

Excelsior
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.

merrill
02-04-2013, 2:45 PM
Still emailing daily (and) writing letters and making phone calls to legislators on Friday --- since January 1st. Join me in this daily habit. Keep it simple, keep it polite but be persistent.

Excelsior
02-05-2013, 7:21 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 30, done. Possibly ~90 days to go?

Fixmy59bug
02-05-2013, 8:03 PM
Finally got a response.

Took him long enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/fixmy59bug/c3299cc7-03db-4dfe-870b-c4212a664745_zps678be5bc.jpg

Any suggestions on a thoughtful worthwhile response that may help the cause?

Excelsior
02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.

Excelsior
02-08-2013, 3:13 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 33, done. Did you know that old #33, Kareem Abdul Jabbar is a Cowboy Action Shooter?

stevied
02-08-2013, 7:19 AM
I wrote ami bera a letter myself (not a cookie cutter) one about a month ago and never heard anything.

P.Charm
02-08-2013, 7:36 AM
I will do this daily.

candidviews
02-08-2013, 9:32 AM
Dear Senator ____________:

As a hunter ( check out the training-- it is intense!) and a victim of crime as well as a business person and lawyer, I am appalled at yesterday's press conference outing a number of draconian measures that would essentially strip Californians of the practical right to keep and bear arms. California has had more than "reasonable" gun regulation for some time. The so called bullet button on AR styled rifles and the ten round maximum magazine limitation are but two examples. The ten day waiting period is another. Attacking law abiding people like me owning and poseessing guns for sport and self defense is not acceptable. Criminals and gangs who will disregard any laws you pass. In the press conference yesterday, not one bill proposed would TOUCH the real criminals. They will continue to be armed as nice people like me are disarmed? That is simply not acceptable and moves me into the arena of protecting and defending my civil rights as I once did many years ago in the racist thickets of Mississippi when I was young. While civil disobedience and risking jail is not a comfortable thought for a man well into his sixties, I will not give up my constitutional rights because a group of wing-nuts in the legislature want me to. If the measures proposed yesterday take effect, they will gut the second amendment in California, constitute an uncompensated taking and do nothing to stop criminals. I ask you, as an intelligent man, to refuse to jump on the "lets ban guns" bandwagon, and counsel your peers into rationality. A lot of us out "here" are watching how well you protect our rights as opposed to knee jerk supporting facile and misdirected efforts by extremists to violate fundmental rights ( See the Heller Supreme Court Case) While it might be "fun" to do extreme things in the legislature, your job is to do smart things. If you follow the plans laid out by Mr. Steinberg and others yesterday, lawsuits will follow, the Second Amendment will prevail, and goodwill towards many like you who represent us, will be lost. Supermajorities are gifts to encourage wiser heads to prevail, not licenses to do crazy things. More light and less heat. Please.

Excelsior
02-09-2013, 2:14 AM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done. "Proposals to Reduce Gun Violence" Conference.
Day 33, done. Did you know that old #33, Kareem Abdul Jabbar is a Cowboy Action Shooter?
Day 34, done.

toyotaguy
02-09-2013, 9:46 AM
I've done this every day for weeks now, and I wont stop!! Encourage everyone you know to do the same.

domino
02-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I have written to all of them as well. I have also requested meetings with Ted and Beth Gaines as well as the Howard Jarvis tax payers. I think it is high time to put some measures on the 2014 ballot. One would be any new law that isn't voted for by voters there ought to be a 2 year moratorium on such law(s). The second would be making a ballot measure that would make the CA legislators part time. The third would be leave the 2a alone.

Geeper
02-09-2013, 3:19 PM
I will do this daily also.

Jwtechnic
02-09-2013, 3:43 PM
Round 8 for me.. Done!

askrobert
02-09-2013, 4:19 PM

Excelsior
02-11-2013, 2:10 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.

P.Charm
02-11-2013, 3:30 PM
keep this on top.

P.Charm
02-12-2013, 7:10 AM
sent again.

P.Charm
02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
If I do nothing but completely fill their inbox, I'll be happy. so everyone write your repesentatives. it's really easy and it will show our numbers.

JSolie
02-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Done again. :)

P.Charm
02-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Done again. :)

I wrote 3 times this morning.

Excelsior
02-12-2013, 1:51 PM
Day 1, done.
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 37, done. 02/12/13 -- State of the Union.

JSolie
02-12-2013, 4:28 PM
I wrote 3 times this morning.

Which sites are you using?

Congress.org, Ruger's site, NRA-ILA, or S&W? Or all four? :D

Excelsior
02-13-2013, 3:51 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.

P.Charm
02-13-2013, 6:59 AM
done again. I hope there is more than just 3 of us wrting our reps.

JSolie
02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
done again. I hope there is more than just 3 of us wrting our reps.

I sure hope so...

Let me add some links:

Congress.org http://www.congress.org/news/ and click on the "Write all your federal officials" and "Write all your state officials" links on the right-hand side of the page. Have some text ready to paste in the message box.

Ruger: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
S&W: http://cqrcengage.com/smith-wesson/app/write-a-letter?2&engagementId=777

NRA-ILA: http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx and put in your zip code. Have some text ready to paste in the message boxes for some of the options. Others have text pre-filled in if you want to use that.

RaceDay
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Sent one using NRA-ILA. I've also used the Ruger site. I'm more in the once every 2 weeks camp than once per day. The responses have been very illustrative though and rather disheartening. The Republicans all have an agreement letter like the one posted above by askrobert. The Democrats all reply that they paraphrasing "will keep my views in mind" when considering legislation.

P.Charm
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
everyday. fill their in box. twice a day.

Yehosha
02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Gun rights organizations turn the screws where it makes a difference. I can write until my fingers bleed, it wont make a difference with any of my federal, state, or local representatives. Despite my vote otherwise, they continue to get re elected, and run the state into insolvency. The courts is where these fights hash out. The only deterrent for these people is a legal battle they might lose. That takes money. A few bucks a month will go leaps and bounds farther than my ignored letters. If every gun owner joined the NRA, donated a few extra bucks when they could, we could bankrupt them with lawsuits. That's how the system operates. Did you even click on his link? It is a site set up by the NRA. If they thought it didn't help, why would they make the page and encourage people to use it?

Excelsior
02-14-2013, 1:05 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.

P.Charm
02-14-2013, 7:51 AM
sent again.

JSolie
02-14-2013, 9:30 AM
And again...

sallen67
02-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Do both. It doesn't take long to send a canned email.
Donating your daily Starbucks money is quick and easy if you have it to give.

We shouldn't be bickering with each other. I think most of us want the same results.

biscuitbarrel
02-14-2013, 1:51 PM
I'm in! Sent daily for at least a month now.

frenchy750
02-14-2013, 9:26 PM
February 14, 2013

Dear

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about our nation's gun laws.

I understand the long history and family values associated with hunting and fishing. I believe we must respect the rights of responsible gun owners and our Constitution's second amendment, just as we respect the rights of all Americans to life, liberty and happiness. Our founding fathers recognized that rights come with responsibilities. I believe we can protect the rights of gun owners while taking common sense steps to prevent gun violence – steps supported by the overwhelming majority of Americans, including the vast majority of gun owners.

I respect your views on this complicated issue, as I hope you do mine. There is no question that this is a complex subject and that we must take a comprehensive approach to protect the Constitution and keep our children and the public safe. As a clinical psychologist by trade, I strongly believe it is time for a meaningful, nation-wide conversation about mental health. We must work even harder to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness and make it easier to access the care that will help patients get well.

I appreciate you sharing your views on this important subject with me. I am honored to serve you, so please never hesitate to write or call me in the future.

In Friendship,

Judy Chu, PhD
Member of Congress

P.Charm
02-15-2013, 7:23 AM
sent again.

frenchy750
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Received this today from DiFi

February 15, 2013

Dear

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms, District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

bicol express
02-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Diapers & Politicians should be changed often, both for the same reason.

JSolie
02-15-2013, 1:29 PM
Diapers & Politicians should be changed often, both for the same reason.

QFT.

Oh, and done again.

I was feeling left out, but I just got the same message from DiFi. Maybe I'll find a few other "contact your rep" sites today... :43:

P.Charm
02-15-2013, 1:33 PM
QFT.

Oh, and done again.

I was feeling left out, but I just got the same message from DiFi. Maybe I'll find a few other "contact your rep" sites today... :43:

they send me a canned letter, I'll send them 10 canned letters.

Excelsior
02-15-2013, 8:44 PM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.

JSolie
02-15-2013, 9:45 PM
they send me a canned letter, I'll send them 10 canned letters.

If you use Congress.org or some of the links on the NRA-ILA site, you don't have to use a terribly canned letter. I have a document that I use as my cut-n-paste source. It gets revised every so often to keep it fresh.

Excelsior
02-16-2013, 2:48 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.

Excelsior
02-16-2013, 2:29 PM
After writing for 41 days, Feinstein finally deigned to reply with a canned note:

"Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator for California

Dear XYZ:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms , District of Columbia v. Heller , the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me."

Excelsior
02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.

Excelsior
02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.

JSolie
02-18-2013, 3:38 PM
Done today as well. Also done over the weekend.

P.Charm
02-19-2013, 10:55 AM
up up up

Excelsior
02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 44, done. Hammerin' Hank day...

Excelsior
02-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.

Excelsior
02-21-2013, 2:14 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.

P.Charm
02-21-2013, 7:39 AM
done

Excelsior
02-22-2013, 4:35 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.

merrill
02-22-2013, 7:42 AM
Since January 1, still sending emails 7 days a week and writing letters and making phone calls on Friday. Haven't seen any vans or crownvics yet, although the phone is awfully noisy ;) By the way if you struggle with letter writing, use the NRA system and their canned letter, it's pretty good.

P.Charm
02-22-2013, 7:52 AM
I have been sending 10 emails a week.

Rickrock1
02-22-2013, 7:35 PM
Keep writing and calling , need to keep it up lots of voice mail boxes full. Keep filling them up.

Excelsior
02-22-2013, 7:43 PM
A couple more I have received:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about legislation regarding firearms. As your Representative, I appreciate hearing from you on this very important issue.

I support the constitutional right of citizens to bear arms. I also support commonsense measures to reduce and prevent the type of violence we see all too often, most recently in Newtown, Aurora, Tucson and a host of other communities. For example, I believe we must do more to diagnose and treat the mentally ill and that we should work to reduce the influence that violence in the media has on our kids. However, I also support reinstating the federal ban on assault weapons, similar to the one California already has in state law. And I believe every gun purchase should entail a background check, to reduce the likelihood of felons and deeply mentally ill individuals being able to purchase firearms. And while the state of California requires a background check for the vast majority of guns purchased, currently there is no federal requirement that a background check be conducted for all gun purchases, which allows criminals to easily buy firearms.

I believe there are a host of policies that the vast majority of Americans can agree on that could reduce the likelihood of guns ending up in the wrong people's hands while we continue to honor the constitutionally protected right to bear arms and not unduly burden the legitimate rights of lawful citizens. I hope that we can work together, in a bipartisan manner, to reduce the amount of violence in our society. I am interested in hearing the public discussion in the coming days and weeks on these issues and the policies being proposed, such as universal background checks, requiring gun owners to alert the police if their gun has been stolen, and having law enforcement fully enforce the laws that are already in place. Although we may disagree on some aspects of this issue, I believe that we as a nation can do more to stop criminals from getting guns while also protecting the rights of citizens to freely own them.

Thank you again for contacting me. Rest assured I will keep your thoughts in mind as these issues are discussed in the 113th Congress. Please keep in touch by visiting my website, liking my Facebook page, following me on Twitter, or signing up for my e-newsletter.

Sincerely,

LOIS CAPPS
Member of Congress

and

Thank you for contacting my office. I always enjoy receiving feedback from my constituents. If you have not already done so, please reply to this email and provide your mailing address and other pertinent contact information so that we can keep track of the commentary you have provided and ensure that the correct legislator receives your important message.

Given the volume of emails received each day, I cannot respond personally to each message. However, please know that my staff and I carefully review all emails. Should your message warrant further action a member of my staff or I will contact you.

Again, thank you for your message. It is an honor to serve the residents of the 35th Assembly District.

Katcho Achadjian
Assemblyman, 35th District

Excelsior
02-23-2013, 1:57 PM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.

Excelsior
02-24-2013, 7:14 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.

toyotaguy
02-24-2013, 8:45 AM
Done again and everyday since early January!

BigPimping
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I write them daily.....hope it helps. Makes me feel good.

Excelsior
02-26-2013, 3:17 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.

P.Charm
02-26-2013, 7:25 AM
done.

JSolie
02-26-2013, 11:12 AM
done again :)

speedrrracer
02-26-2013, 7:08 PM
Done again, and many times again

Great work, Excelsior -- thanks for maintaining this thread!

Excelsior
02-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 52, done. 02/27/13 -- Senate hearing begins on Feinstein's draconian gun ban bill.

Excelsior
03-01-2013, 8:11 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 52, done. 02/27/13 -- Senate hearing begins on Feinstein's draconian gun ban bill.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13

P.Charm
03-01-2013, 8:13 AM
just did it.

toyotaguy
03-01-2013, 8:33 AM
Done again!

vstromer
03-01-2013, 9:00 AM
I have been sending at least 20 emails a week.
in the last two months I have only received three responses and nothing else after that.

Excelsior
03-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.

Excelsior
03-03-2013, 7:51 PM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.

merrill
03-03-2013, 8:09 PM
Still on the trail to success? I still send emails daily (state and federal) and letters and phone calls on Friday since January 1st. Called 17 U S Senators last Friday alone.

Excelsior
03-04-2013, 2:36 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.

P.Charm
03-04-2013, 8:07 AM
done

Excelsior
03-05-2013, 1:32 PM
Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre -- December 14, 2012

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.

jmonte35
03-05-2013, 1:50 PM
done

P.Charm
03-05-2013, 2:36 PM
did they change it to where there isn't a canned letter for difi or semi automatic rifle ban anymore?

JSolie
03-05-2013, 3:43 PM
did they change it to where there isn't a canned letter for difi or semi automatic rifle ban anymore?

Depends on the site. If you're referring to the NRA-ILA page, you should be able to paste in your own text.

ETA: just visited the NRA-ILA page at http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Looks like it's now using the same system that Ruger, Hornady, S&W, et. al, are using. Sweet! This might save me some time each day.

Excelsior
03-07-2013, 1:33 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 59, done. 03/06/13 -- Black Wednesday: Calgun's DNS issues.
Day 60, done. Milestone. 60 days. 1/2 way? Expected votes by now...

Excelsior
03-09-2013, 2:13 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 60, done. Milestone. 60 days. 1/2 way? Expected votes by now...
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.

Excelsior
03-10-2013, 10:56 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 60, done. 03/07/13 -- Milestone: 60 days. 1/2 way? Expected votes by now...
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.

Excelsior
03-12-2013, 2:36 AM
...................../´¯/)............
...................,/¯../.............
................../..../...............
......../``/´¯/'---'/´¯¯`•¸........
......./'/.../..../......./¨¯\........
......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')......
.......\.................'...../.......
..........\..............(............

Obama, Feinstein & Co.

Excelsior
03-12-2013, 2:38 AM
Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 65, done. 03/12/13 -- Senate to vote to send AWB Bill to floor.

merrill
03-12-2013, 3:32 PM
Don't give up the ship, send emails daily for the cause. Here's my system, I use the NRA site for federal legislation and to contact consitutional officers in California regarding state legislation. I use the Firearms Policy Coalition site for the California Legislature for each individual bill. Completed a petition form (4 signatures) and sent it back to Firearms Coalition on Monday and passed out blanks to other friends. Signed up a family member for an NRA associate membership today and called to Governor to express my opposition to all pending gun legislation. Waiting for the bell to ring for the final lap.

Excelsior
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 65, done. 03/12/13 -- Senate to vote to send AWB Bill to floor. (delayed.)
Day 66, done.

Excelsior
03-14-2013, 2:21 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 66, done. 03/13/13 -- Pope Francis I becomes 266th Pope of Rome.
Day 67, done.

P.Charm
03-14-2013, 8:03 AM
done again.

ll-Rafael-ll
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Done for today.

Excelsior
03-15-2013, 3:53 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 67, done. 03/14/13 -- Senate Judiciary Committee approved a renewed assault-weapons ban, advancing the measure to the Senate floor.
Day 68, done.

Excelsior
03-16-2013, 9:25 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 67, done. 03/14/13 -- Senate Judiciary Committee approved a renewed assault-weapons ban, advancing the measure to the Senate floor.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done. 03/16/12 -- comment deleted.

Excelsior
03-17-2013, 10:18 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done. 03/16/12
Day 70, done.

Excelsior
03-19-2013, 2:39 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 72, done. 03/18/13 -- DiFi's Assault Weapons Ban dropped from Senate gun bill.

Excelsior
03-20-2013, 5:38 PM
"Dear Excelsior:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama"

This is the first time Barry has "responded." Could the volume of mail from everyone actually be making them take notice of what's going on?

Excelsior
03-20-2013, 5:40 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 72, done. 03/19/13 -- DiFi's Assault Weapons Ban dropped from Senate gun bill.
Day 73, done.

mcmikel61
03-20-2013, 6:43 PM
This is a wonderful idea. But I must ask how practical? We all have things to do every day, even if nothing more than sitting on the throne.
It is a grand idea that will never come to pass. People are people and that must be recognized when we ask people to do something. So why make a call to arms that will never be answered?
I fervently believe in the idea. But if you do not take basic humanity and ability into the call, why make it?

TahoeTim
03-20-2013, 7:00 PM
I don't get this either. Another thread is running suggesting putting a repeal gun restrictions proposition on the ballot and everyone is saying there aren't enough votes to get it to pass. If a ballot measure is not practical, how is this exercise any different? Either we believe this has an effect or we believe the solution is in court. What IS the game plan?

JSolie
03-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Done again today. Hornady's site (http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/protect-your-rights) lets you put in your own text. I like that.

Excelsior
03-21-2013, 12:39 PM
This is a wonderful idea. But I must ask how practical? We all have things to do every day, even if nothing more than sitting on the throne.
It is a grand idea that will never come to pass. People are people and that must be recognized when we ask people to do something. So why make a call to arms that will never be answered?
I fervently believe in the idea. But if you do not take basic humanity and ability into the call, why make it?

Are you serious? Stop whining!

If you have time to post the above you have the 30 seconds (no longer 2 mins) it takes to write your reps.

Excelsior
03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't get this either. Another thread is running suggesting putting a repeal gun restrictions proposition on the ballot and everyone is saying there aren't enough votes to get it to pass. If a ballot measure is not practical, how is this exercise any different? Either we believe this has an effect or we believe the solution is in court. What IS the game plan?

Stop whining and just do it.

The "solution" is ultimately BOTH!

Excelsior
03-21-2013, 1:09 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 72, done. 03/19/13 -- DiFi's Assault Weapons Ban dropped from Senate gun bill.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.

camvoncrosshair
03-21-2013, 8:26 PM
Been doing this myself daily for several weeks now. there is a little "remember me" check box that makes it even easier. it truly takes only 30 seconds.

do I expect the reps to actually pay much attention? based on the canned responses I have gotten and posted here, nope. but if nothing else, repeated pestering will keep us patriots and the 2A in their minds. even the slightest of slivers will fester up and need attention when left untreated.

kaligaran
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
BUMP!

Keep those letters flowing!

Excelsior
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.

Excelsior
03-24-2013, 7:53 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 77, done. 03/24/13 -- Lucky 77

ccmc
03-24-2013, 8:01 AM
"Dear Excelsior:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama"

This is the first time Barry has "responded." Could the volume of mail from everyone actually be making them take notice of what's going on?

I got the same letter back, except my was headed "Dear Friend" - guess I'm special:)

Excelsior
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 77, done. 03/24/13 -- Lucky 77
Day 78, done.

Excelsior
03-27-2013, 3:49 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 71, done. 03/18/13 -- First Colion Noir NRA video.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 77, done. 03/24/13 -- Bloomberg announced a $12 million television ad campaign.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.

Dreaded Claymore
03-28-2013, 7:45 PM

This, hahaha. I'm doing it.

Excelsior
03-29-2013, 12:36 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 77, done. 03/24/13 -- Bloomberg announced a $12 million television ad campaign.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 82, done. 03/29/13 -- Good Friday.

Excelsior
04-01-2013, 12:40 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 83, done. 03/30/13 -- Easter Vigil.
Day 84, done. 03/31/13 -- Easter Sunday.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13

Excelsior
04-02-2013, 11:59 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.

Excelsior
04-04-2013, 2:35 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.

Excelsior
04-05-2013, 7:41 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.

cr250chevy
04-05-2013, 8:23 PM
Done!

Hoop
04-05-2013, 8:50 PM
I have been doing this every day and have been for quite awhile now, not hard. Also gave some $$$ to the NRA. No one here should think for one minute that doing these things is pointless.

USMC VET
04-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Got my wife and I doing it daily

Excelsior
04-06-2013, 1:25 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 90, done. 04/06/13 -- 3 months of writing. I'm read for another 30-60 days!

Excelsior
04-07-2013, 6:04 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.

Excelsior
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.

ja308
04-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Lets keep up the pressure !
Frequent calls and letters let them know we are serious !

Giving gifts of NRA /GOA memberships help too.

For Harry Reid it's 202 224 3542
For Las Vegas regulars it probably would not hurt to let your favorite Casino know there are Casinos in states where their senator is not promoting the destruction of 2a

Excelsior
04-09-2013, 6:27 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.

Excelsior
04-11-2013, 4:17 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 90, done. 04/06/13 -- 3 months of writing. I'm ready for another 30-60 days!
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.
Day 94, done.
Day 95, done. 04/11/13 -- Cloture vote successful, S 649 (Reid) will be discussed and voted upon by the US Senate.

Excelsior
04-13-2013, 2:43 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 90, done. 04/06/13 -- 3 months of writing. I'm ready for another 30-60 days!
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.
Day 94, done.
Day 95, done. 04/11/13 -- Cloture vote successful, S 649 (Reid) will be discussed and voted upon by the US Senate.
Day 96, done.
Day 97, done.

Excelsior
04-15-2013, 3:18 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.
Day 94, done.
Day 96, done.
Day 97, done.
Day 98, done.
Day 99, done.

Excelsior
04-16-2013, 4:52 PM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.
Day 94, done.
Day 96, done.
Day 97, done.
Day 98, done.
Day 99, done.
Day 100, done. 04/16/13 -- Black Tuesday. Seven CA gun/ammo control bills pass their first test to becoming law.

Excelsior
04-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Day 1, done. 01/08/13
Day 2, done.
Day 3, done.
Day 4, done.
Day 5, done.
Day 6, done.
Day 7, done.
Day 8, done.
Day 9, done.
Day 11, done.
Day 12, done.
Day 14, done.
Day 15, done.
Day 17, done.
Day 19, done
Day 20, done.
Day 21, done.
Day 22, done.
Day 23, done.
Day 25, done.
Day 26, done. 02/01/13
Day 27, done.
Day 28, done.
Day 29, done.
Day 31, done.
Day 32, done.
Day 34, done.
Day 35, done.
Day 36, done.
Day 38, done.
Day 39, done.
Day 40, done.
Day 41, done.
Day 42, done.
Day 43, done.
Day 45, done.
Day 46, done.
Day 47, done.
Day 48, done.
Day 49, done.
Day 50, done.
Day 51, done.
Day 53, done.
Day 54, done. 03/01/13
Day 55, done.
Day 56, done.
Day 57, done.
Day 58, done.
Day 61, done.
Day 62, done.
Day 63, done.
Day 64, done.
Day 68, done.
Day 69, done.
Day 70, done.
Day 73, done.
Day 74, done.
Day 75, done.
Day 76, done.
Day 78, done.
Day 79, done.
Day 80, done.
Day 81, done.
Day 85, done. 04/01/13
Day 86, done.
Day 87, done.
Day 88, done.
Day 89, done.
Day 91, done.
Day 92, done.
Day 93, done.
Day 94, done.
Day 96, done.
Day 97, done.
Day 98, done.
Day 99, done.
Day 100, done. 04/16/13 -- Black Tuesday. Seven CA gun/ammo control bills pass their first test to becoming law.
Day 101, done. 04/17/13 -- Gold Wednesday. Federal S 374 is effectively killed. CA gun bills continue forward.
Day 102, done.

SWMP15
04-18-2013, 12:55 AM

So true!