PDA

View Full Version : Son off to college w/ 1st B.O.B

ExAcHog
01-06-2013, 3:57 PM
Feeling sad that my 19 year old left this a.m to head back to college in Idaho.

BUT...Feeling pretty good that we spent time over the Christmas break to build him a legit B.O.B.

We even spent hours going over his maps and covering potential routes back home or to the homes of other family members between here and there.

All in all, its a pretty good feeling.

Signed...

One happy dad.

SgtMerc
01-06-2013, 3:59 PM
Good on you for teaching your children to be self-sufficient and prepared. Too often people assume that if trouble occurs, someone will rescue them.

I wish my dad had got me into survival and preparedness when i was younger.

ElvenSoul
01-06-2013, 6:22 PM
Are you adopting?

Librarian
01-06-2013, 6:46 PM
Dorms?

Having lived in dorms in both high school and college, I think it's fair to say that there is some disrespect for the niceties of private property in dorms.

I hope he has some method of securing his BOB from light-fingered neighbors.

OrenG
01-06-2013, 6:49 PM
Dorms?

Having lived in dorms in both high school and college, I think it's fair to say that there is some disrespect for the niceties of private property in dorms.

I hope he has some method of securing his BOB from light-fingered neighbors.

http://zenbackpacking.net/BackpackSecurity.htm

Some good tips for securing your backpacks abroad, should work especially well domestically unless they have a serious want to steal your stuff and bring some wire cutters.

ExAcHog
01-07-2013, 9:10 AM
Thank you for both the kind words and the advice guys. We are very lucky to have an aunt and uncle living about a 5 min bike ride from the campus. That is where he stores his guns and will now store his BOB.
It makes a prepper dad feel WAY more at ease knowing he has both the training and resources to take care of himself.