PDA

View Full Version : Program to possibly convert anti's?

im2ninja4u
01-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know if there's any programs out there to help convert the anti gunners? Last year, I introduced 5 people including a foreign national from Japan to hand guns. None of them have ever shot before and on my dime, I provided the guns and ammunition. The range fee was waived because I used 5 vouchers that was included with my range membership. I was thinking about starting up a program to introduce anti-gunners who have never shot a pistol or a rifle, especially the AR-15, but the fees would be really taxing if you catch my drift. Ammo isn't cheap and maintenance on the handguns and rifles can be time consuming and I wouldn't know how to resolve the range thing. I guess what I'm really trying to say is, would a program like this be effective in converting anti's and would there be much interest in something like this? I know I won't be able to convert everyone but maybe I can give them a different perspective from the Pro-gun side.

CessnaDriver
01-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Nothing converts anyone like actually shooting and owning a firearm.
Once they realize the immense right to liberty that is, they are now politically invested.
The conversion can come swiftly too. So as paining as it is, it may not be best to purge our little social circles of antis or you will have none of them to invite to go shooting.
You can be stealthy, invite them to the desert for camping or something, then after they loosen up you can get them to try out a firearm, make a bet or challenge out of it, whatever fun thing to put that finger on the trigger and sights on target.
At a minimum they see a responsible gun owner and that changes views on things too by
killing media propaganda stereotypes of us.

kcjr1125
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
i think the "first shots" program is great. i took my wife to one recently at project 2000 in el cajon and she loved it. only 25.00 for a short history class, some range time on a bolt 22, a ruger 22 HG and a round of trap with a 12G. it was very fun and you get to exp 3 different firearms. when we went there were quite a few people there that left the class to go straight into the proshop to but their 1st!

CessnaDriver
01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
It is also important to note we are all ambassadors for the 2nd amendment so
encourage others to behave as such.

I've gone through this with general aviation as a private pilot.
Those dangerous little airplanes for thrill seeking rich people!