View Full Version : Hacked my frame, not too bad for a 1rst timer, eh?

08-25-2007, 2:48 PM
A few weeks ago, I took the dremel to my Glock 23, the difference is like night and day! I liked the feel of the G23 before, but now when I compare it to my friends stock G23, I can't believe that I used to think it was comfortable! I rounded off the trigger guard (which makes it a lot easier to holster), and did the under triggerguard jobby, whatever it's called. Basically raised it and made more space for the middle finger, and gave it a nice radius. Also, I dremeled the horrible square plastic checkering out of the finger grooves flat, and cut some 3m non-slip stuff in there. Very nice, not too grippy, but much nicer, especially with sweaty hands! Let me know what you think!

08-25-2007, 3:01 PM
Nicely done!

I don't care for the rounded trigger guards, but can appreciate quality work :)

08-25-2007, 4:28 PM
Wow! That looks excellent! You only used a dremel tool? :eek:

08-25-2007, 4:39 PM
Wow! Nice job.

Did you have to recolor the plastic when you were done cutting/grinding?

08-25-2007, 5:37 PM
Wow, thats impressive. Id be worried that it would have been all uneaven from just using a dremel. U must have a steady hand! Nice job.

08-25-2007, 6:56 PM
Wow. This is the first time I've ever thought a Glock looked sexy. WELL DONE :)

08-25-2007, 6:59 PM
not a fan of the rounding of the trigger guard other than that looks good

08-25-2007, 8:00 PM
Very nice. Which dremel tool (head) did you use?

08-25-2007, 8:19 PM
Wow. This is the first time I've ever thought a Glock looked sexy. WELL DONE :)

Ok...I think that we're being flattering - but you're pushing things a little too far....;)

LAK Supply
08-25-2007, 8:35 PM
Wow! Nice job.

Did you have to recolor the plastic when you were done cutting/grinding?

No recoloring necessary. I have that done on my OD G20...... It still matches the rest.

08-25-2007, 9:32 PM
Oooooh is that a 'draw clip'? Them are scary, tell me you don't actually 'carry' that weapon with the clip.

08-25-2007, 10:05 PM
looks like it came that way from the factory. Good job.

08-26-2007, 7:07 AM
Hey, thanks for the positive comments! I was pretty nervous about doing it, one mistake, and OOPS, I'd be out of a good pistol! For all who are interested, I started off with the sander wheel to get the general shape, then the stone wheel to smooth it out. I then used some fine sandpaper to do the final smoothing, but all the shaping was done with the dremel. My friend recommended that I try to use a small torch and quickly go over it to give it the factory "shine" type surface. I'll try it out and let you guys know how it comes out, with some pics of course!

08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Looks factory. Well Done!

08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
to me personally, the trigger guard looks really slim. i would be worried about it snapping. could be dangerous.

edit: sorry for being one of those guys. it really doesn't matter as long as it makes your look cool. like smoking, i pay $5 a day to kill my self and look good at the same time.:p

08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Yup, I didn't do it for the looks, I would have chromed it out and installed the chrome slide release, and installed those birdman sights! The rounded triggerguard makes it way easier to holster it, especially with a ccw holster, or even when using my clipdraw. And the under trigger treatment was purely for ergonomics, it looking good was just an added bonus! Well at least I think it looks good! Oh yeah, if I was looking to make it look cool, I wouldn't have chosen a Glock, maybe a chromed 1911 or Desert Eagle or something! The trigger guard isn't at all thin, and it's still probably like 1/4-1/5 inch thick, no thinner than the bottom flat part was to begin with, so I'm not worried about it breaking.

Rob P.
08-27-2007, 8:10 PM
Rather than using the torch, I'd suggest some jewelers rouge and a buffing pad on the Dremel tool.

08-27-2007, 8:16 PM
Gotta hint for you if you want to add a little stippling back around the guard, get coarse sandpaper and a hammer and lightly tap it in, instant stippling!

08-27-2007, 9:48 PM
Nice job, I also find the squared trigger guard useless since my finger slips off with every shot anyhow. Maybe one day when I am feeling adventurous I will try the same thing.