PDA

View Full Version : The Mustace & Brady say that 74%

EL_NinO619
01-05-2013, 8:06 PM
Of NRA members want sensible gun control. No pistol grips, no barrel shrouds, no suppressors "silencers" no military assault rifles. Geraldo Rivera was a C&*^ hair away from ripping up his 2013 NRA membership card, but he took the advice of the Brady Campaign and is going to attack from with in. My question is are you the 74% in the NRA that want sensable control. Or is this another statistic pulled out of Brady's :wheelchair: seat rot A^&?.:facepalm:

And who are these people speaking for us, the pro gun guy on this show was horrible, just horrible. He called it a silencer, never corrected Geraldo on anything and put up dismal arguments that make us all look out of touch. Where are our speaker's, is this all we have. If so we are fighting a losing battle. :banghead:

SlobRay
01-05-2013, 8:12 PM
Pulled straight from their a**! I'm sure there are a few that don't care as long as it doesn't affect their hunting rifle/shotgun, but 74%=BS.

Ray

P.S. Geraldo is a Douche and loves publicity.

RonnieP
01-05-2013, 8:14 PM
What's a barrel shroud?

advan031
01-05-2013, 8:16 PM
Nope, 26% here.

Hogstir
01-05-2013, 8:18 PM
What's a barrel shroud?

The shoulder thing that goes up..:rofl2:

Clinton
01-05-2013, 8:21 PM
Pulled straight from their a**! I'm sure there are a few that don't care as long as it doesn't affect their hunting rifle/shotgun, but 74%=BS.

This is exactly right. Once upon a time, I thought the same way. AR's, AK's, and the like are simply off the radar and are of no concern to many NRA members. As long as they have a deer rifle, a bird gun, and an old revolver they believe the 2A is fully intact.

Window_Seat
01-05-2013, 8:24 PM
What's a barrel shroud?The shoulder thing that goes up..:rofl2:

NO... It's a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Erik.

Hogstir
01-05-2013, 8:26 PM
The poll they are referring to found that 74% of NRA members support background checks. In their minds that means we support all of the above as well. Totally pulled out of their butts.

Rossi357
01-05-2013, 8:28 PM
My shoulder thing doesn't go up as far as it used to.

SlobRay
01-05-2013, 8:32 PM

That's what happens when you get older:D

Ray

Manolito
01-05-2013, 8:33 PM
The only use for Geraldo is a weather vane. You can tell which way the public is moving by his posture. This guy was removed by the military twice for reporting classified information. He has lied about his location to make people believe he is behind enemy lines. This man has a lot of trouble with the truth.

Paul S
01-05-2013, 8:33 PM

Rest easy friend...they have pills for that now. :D

tcrpe
01-05-2013, 8:38 PM
What's a barrel shroud?

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc23/tcrpe/26D0A311-8EE3-4078-A614-EC2D1B805E78-4611-00000589B4AA7D48.jpg

FrankDux
01-05-2013, 8:38 PM
^^hahaha you beat me to it!

Hogstir
01-05-2013, 8:42 PM
That's what happens when you get older:D

Ray

They have a pill for that!:yes:

Got out typed again

Fate
01-05-2013, 8:45 PM
74% of published statistics are made up.

ElvenSoul
01-05-2013, 8:46 PM
The Brady's are now hopping the NRA will make a compromise like last time. For those not around they banned all assault rifles but mini14 and m1a. However things are different now. The Ak47 and AR15 have popularity like never before. I believe and hope the NRA has learned the lesson from last time and will not back down this time around.

repubconserv
01-05-2013, 8:46 PM
I liked larry pratt.

IVC
01-05-2013, 8:48 PM
It's the old media trick. Cherry pick a person to propagate an agenda, then pretend they represent a group.

There was a discussion a year or two ago about illegal immigration at UCSD (I believe), where the media types picked up as panelists young adults in graduate school who came to the US as kids, spoke perfect English and were trying to start a business while at school. That's hardly the face of illegal immigration.

Moonshine
01-05-2013, 8:49 PM
The 74% sounds like ALOT of BS. Now I could see for instance there being 74% agreement on issues like:

1) allowing the mentally ill to own guns
2) allowing violent offenders to buy a gun

Basically 74% consensus on items that most gun owners are concerned about. Then they take that 74% and assume gun owners also want an AWB and registration which is probably something 10% or less of gun owners want.

Rossi357
01-05-2013, 8:51 PM
I think the Brady question was....."Do you support regulating illegal weapons."
Kinda like the "only in the home" bs.

SilverTauron
01-05-2013, 8:53 PM
While I think the 74% number is bullpuckey, there's no doubt in my mind that a lot of NRA members-and gun owners as a whole-are either unopposed to or support another AWB. Many people have the attitude that as long as the cops aren't collecting THEIR guns, its not their problem.

Such attitudes in other countries are why Austrailia and the UK gun control movements won, so we must take care to woo our own people as well as newcomers to shooting.

monk
01-05-2013, 9:01 PM
It's similar to President Obama's statement that the majority of gun owners agree with him that "violent criminals should'nt have access to military weapons..." Uh...no duh sir. Doesn't mean you can take away AR's or AK's because they're scary.

timdps
01-05-2013, 9:16 PM
As long as they have a deer rifle, a bird gun, and an old revolver they believe the 2A is fully intact.

Those will go away in Stage 2...

smle-man
01-05-2013, 9:53 PM
I remember Geraldo doing a hit piece on semi auto military pattern rifles back in the 80s on TV. He called them "heavy iron" or "big iron" or some such nonsense. He's still at it.

EL_NinO619
01-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I remember Geraldo doing a hit piece on semi auto military pattern rifles back in the 80s on TV. He called them "heavy iron" or "big iron" or some such nonsense. He's still at it.

But does anyone know where we can find better voices than whats out there. Every time I see a pro gun person on TV all I do is :facepalm:

Kid Stanislaus
01-05-2013, 10:44 PM

I bet that isen't ALL that doesen't go........................uh, never mind!:eek:

RRangel
01-05-2013, 10:52 PM
By now you should know better. Anything that comes from the mouths of these victim control advocates is based on lies. Everything they do is about their agenda with no regard for public safety.

unusedusername
01-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Statistics mean nothing unless you also publish how you got them.

CnCFunFactory
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
The only use for Geraldo is a weather vane. You can tell which way the public is moving by his posture. This guy was removed by the military twice for reporting classified information. He has lied about his location to make people believe he is behind enemy lines. This man has a lot of trouble with the truth.

... and let's not forget the hours of my youth he wasted trying to find and open Al Capone's safe. :D

10mmOutdoors
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
The shoulder thing that goes up..:rofl2:

HaHa beat me to it.

http://youtu.be/9rGpykAX1fo

dfletcher
01-06-2013, 1:05 AM
Why ask the Bradys about NRA? I hear next week Geraldo is having a civil rights themed show - will he accept Black demographics info from the Klan?

I hope people see that this is a deliberate tactic promoted by gun control proponents. It is a method adopted from the White House on down. That the "almighty NRA" doesn't really represent gun owners and as a result their position is not to be considered in the upcoming debate. Gross made a reference to Pratt and the NRA, not representing his members. Pratt isn't an NRA official, why would anyone expect him to represent NRA or its membership?

Underlying all of this deliberate misdirection and misrepresentation by the anti-gun groups and politicians is a tacit acknowledgement that NRA, its 5 million members and other millions of gun owners, if they hang together, will win the upcoming gun control legislative battle.

EL_NinO619
01-06-2013, 1:37 AM
The Stace has been called out, now lets see if he will be a man and accept the offer.
http://www.firearmspolicy.org/2013/01/victorious-mcdonald-v-chicago-plaintiff-challenges-fox-news-geraldo-rivera-to-debate/

odysseus
01-06-2013, 1:49 AM
Smells like serious bullcrap. Where does this "stat" come from?

Pardueski
01-06-2013, 9:28 AM

Is that a Marty Robbins lyric?

selfshrevident
01-06-2013, 9:47 AM
This is exactly right. Once upon a time, I thought the same way. AR's, AK's, and the like are simply off the radar and are of no concern to many NRA members. As long as they have a deer rifle, a bird gun, and an old revolver they believe the 2A is fully intact.

^^^THIS.

And this tactic is what will divide the NRA and gun owners.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/opinion/how-to-get-a-new-assault-weapons-ban-through-congress.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Goosebrown
01-06-2013, 10:39 AM
I could live with some of the restrictions without too much problem. However, I am not going to bargain away anything because compromise is not possible. We all know that these restrictions are not going to work... much like the last ones and the ones before that. So when these fail, and they will, they are simply going to ask for more.

No compromise regardless of *me* being more or less OK with some of these. I am giving to NRA every month I can afford it and writing letters.

Anyone asks me and I say. No. There is no reasonable limitation to gun ownership.

madjack956
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Compromise is not healthy for us. We keep losing freedoms and gain nothing in return. Time passes, another tragedy takes place and they start on us all over again.

Too many of these occurences and soon we will be out of compromises to offer up.

I say there is no better time than the present to let them know this will stop. To let them know in no uncertain terms that infringement will not be tolerated to the point that they will look stupid to their own comrades if they attempt to raise the issue again.

They have to be taught that implementing more laws are a lost cause and political suicide.

Id personally like to see the national winds blow in the direction that anyone who introduces gun legislation are painted as an enemy to the Constitution and country. A mini witch-hunt, finger pointing type movement. :43:

I dont think enough energy is expended in labelling these people publicly.

A little McCarthyism used prudently. :eek:

jdberger
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM

The stat comes from a poll that MAIG commissioned Frank Luntz to do.

victor1echo
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
But does anyone know where we can find better voices than whats out there. Every time I see a pro gun person on TV all I do is :facepalm:

That is how the folks who own the MSM want us to appear--so they only let idiots speak making the rest of us guilty by association.

kcjr1125
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM

LOL!!!!

dfletcher
01-06-2013, 4:46 PM
I could live with some of the restrictions without too much problem. However, I am not going to bargain away anything because compromise is not possible. We all know that these restrictions are not going to work... much like the last ones and the ones before that. So when these fail, and they will, they are simply going to ask for more.

No compromise regardless of *me* being more or less OK with some of these. I am giving to NRA every month I can afford it and writing letters.

Anyone asks me and I say. No. There is no reasonable limitation to gun ownership.

If a fellow approaches me on the street, asks for spare change and I give it to him I suppose that is a compromise of sorts. If he sticks a gun in my face and says "I get your $$$ and you get your life" - well that's not a compromise, but it's the sort of compromise gun owners are invited to all the time.

I know there were folks in the civil rights movement and of the social security crowd who weren't 100% on board with everything their leaders and major organizations promoted. But they realized fractionalism was dangerous and publicly supported the general goals. I think we ought to do the same.

a1fabweld
01-06-2013, 5:27 PM
26%er here!

donny douchebag
01-06-2013, 5:39 PM
That is how the folks who own the MSM want us to appear--so they only let idiots speak making the rest of us guilty by association.

Who's "us"? Got a mouse in your pocket? You understand that people who frequent forums about any subject matter are almost by definition "hard core" and can't be considered representative of a class?

The War Wagon
01-06-2013, 5:47 PM
74% of Americans, want to kick Sarah Brady's wrinkled grey hinder, clean off the planet - 100% of the time! :mad:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Icons/butt-kicking.gif

The Wingnut
01-06-2013, 5:53 PM
Where are these figures being sourced from, exactly?

...I'm seeing a potential attempted takeover of firearms organizations similar to what happened to the Sierra club. Infiltrate, saturate, overtake. This will be VERY difficult to detect and counter.

AAShooter
01-06-2013, 5:55 PM
Sensible gun control involves eliminating a whole bunch of laws that are currently on the books.

EL_NinO619
01-06-2013, 7:07 PM
A kid just got caught planning to do another act of horror at a school. He was making grenades out of chewing tobacco cans. I want to ban Assault chewing tobacco cans, and enact a 10 can maximum, plus you have to register your chewing cans with the Government. You can clearly see they are dangerous from picture below. Please sign my petition.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/57500/Bruce-Lee-with-Chewing-Tobacco---57884.jpg

erik_26
01-06-2013, 7:41 PM
Geraldo Rivera

There is your problem.

Geraldo Rivera is the same as Piers Morgan.

Both are liers. Both twist facts. Both lack facts. Both are in it purely for ratings not for solid factual non-slanted journalism.

They are always seeking the next 'shock-factor'.

madjack956
01-06-2013, 7:54 PM
I got to admit there was an episode on Tv of Geraldo years ago that I really enjoyed.

This episode was some of the most entertaining Tv I have ever witnessed in my life, and I think it was a disservice to Geraldo that he recieved no formal accolades for it.

It was the episode when someone busted his nose with a chair. :43:

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was beautiful Tv. Just Beautiful.

EL_NinO619
01-06-2013, 8:04 PM
I got to admit there was an episode on Tv of Geraldo years ago that I really enjoyed.

This episode was some of the most entertaining Tv I have ever witnessed in my life, and I think it was a disservice to Geraldo that he recieved no formal accolades for it.

It was the episode when someone busted his nose with a chair. :43:

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was beautiful Tv. Just Beautiful.

I was very young but I recall that :D:facepalm:

Ten Rounder
01-06-2013, 8:38 PM
GR is a news maker not a news reporter. He gave very little time to the GOA guy and cut him off several times and allowed the Badey guy to over talk him. What I notoced was the Badey let it slip that he was in that 75%, so is he a NRA member to?

Our message needs to changed an simplefied. The libs only under simple sentences and structure.

Time for battle. WORDS

guitarmanrrg
01-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I watched that program. I spent the whole time yelling at my TV!
Geraldo is a lying *(^%!
The problem we have is that the Lefties have the Media on their side and they are really good at pushing their agenda.
We allow them to set up the conversation and for the most part we engage them on their terms.
What happened in the School was horrific, but if they are so worried and concerned about saving innocent lives, why haven't they opposed Abortion? this kills millions of innocent lives yearly.
The left is all about control. Obama Care has nothing to do with Health Care, nor does banning guns have anything to do with saving lives.
Our founding Fathers gave us the 2nd Amendment to protect us from a Tyrannical oppressive Government.
If they get their way with the Assault Weapons...the rest of our guns are next!

njineermike
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Lets see, we have a wide spectrum of NRA members right here, and some would argue MUCH more liberal than the rest of the country. Ask yourself: What % the membership of this board that are NRA members would follow suit"

Then take the number Brady put out and wipe the crap off it, and you'll see where they pulled it from.

robcoe
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Sarah Bradys colon.