PDA

View Full Version : This may get me banned but

clbshooter
01-05-2013, 7:27 PM
The gun owners are who will allow Mr. Obama to push thru a gun ban. Yes, I think we are the problem. Why, we are law abiding citizens wether we served in our military, or were in law enforcement or was a teacher or any other job that fed our families and made us feel good to be a productive part of society or any of the above we do not want to buck the system. Well now is the time for the *hit to hit the fan. We need to take action both here and D.C.,. We need a leader, rather quickly I might add, to take the reigns and speak the truth and make people understand that laws against guns is not the answer.

mdib870
01-05-2013, 7:47 PM
:King:

eric556
01-05-2013, 7:47 PM
No.

EM2
01-05-2013, 7:49 PM
Whoa easy there tiger.
The S ain't HTF just yet.
Whatever they got comin at us hasta gotsa get pass the House first.

Now if you are waiting for a leader I got some bad news for ya.
THERE AIN'T NO MORE LEADERS LEFT.

Oh and by the way, first time I can make this claim. IBFP :D

Ron-Solo
01-05-2013, 7:51 PM
:facepalm:

Justin Case
01-05-2013, 7:55 PM
:facepalm:

Easy there, Ron. Don't knock yourself unconscious with the face slaps :D

FWIW, my sympathies are with you. God help us with what this country has become.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
01-05-2013, 7:58 PM
Leadership is certainly lacking... What happens if the house passes something. And that's on the fed side, what about here in California....

M1Dude
01-05-2013, 8:08 PM
Everyone needs to relax and focus their attention on their State Representatives. I seriously doubt there will be any new ban at the Federal level. When the AWB was passed by Congress in 1994 both houses of Congress were controlled by Democrats. This time around, the House of Representatives is controlled by Republicans. Republicans are not going to pass any AWB. Our problems will be at the state level where Democrats have a super-majority. Expect the California Legislature to try tighten up the laws (i.e., ban bullet buttons, etc.).

Hogstir
01-05-2013, 8:38 PM
Even then I think the leftist elites in Sacamento who believe they rule may have a hard time. Yee's bill didn't make it out of Commitee. Banning bullet button would result in either having to grandfather in hundreds of thousands of already purchased firearms or buying them back which Ca can not afford. There would also be jobs lost, taxes lost and numerous lawsuits.

uhlan1
01-05-2013, 9:06 PM
The Deleon bill alone could drive the middle and below classes right out of shooting.
It's horribly discrinimatory and totally based on nothing more than hyperbole. I have sent several communications to the governor's office on it.

Stole this from another thread, great read.

http://www.volokh.com/2012/12/26/up-to-50year-fee-up-to-30-day-waiting-period-for-buying-ammunition-or-going-target-shooting/

bill_k_lopez
01-05-2013, 9:37 PM
Maybe we should support a ban on medical marijuana.

Nooner7
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Everyone needs to relax and focus their attention on their State Representatives. I seriously doubt there will be any new ban at the Federal level. When the AWB was passed by Congress in 1994 both houses of Congress were controlled by Democrats. This time around, the House of Representatives is controlled by Republicans. Republicans are not going to pass any AWB. Our problems will be at the state level where Democrats have a super-majority. Expect the California Legislature to try tighten up the laws (i.e., ban bullet buttons, etc.).

I tend to agree, but hearing Republicans like Rep. Peter King (chairman of homeland security committee) say that there's no reason anyone should own an "assault weapon" (AR-15) concerns me that there are many republicans in Congress who are ignorant about firearms and likely to be persuaded by misinformation. When talking to my conservative friends, many will often say: "I believe in the 2nd amendment and gun ownership, but come on, there's no reason to have an assault rifle or magazines that can hold more than 10 bullets..." Most people are completely ignorant of the facts. One thing we can all do is take people like this out to the range and give them first-hand experience with certain weapons and familiarize them with the basics and the distinctions being debated. I recently took a friend from law school (a liberal) to the range o shoot an AR, and now she gets it.

Kid Stanislaus
01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Whoa easy there tiger.
The S ain't HTF just yet.
Whatever they got comin at us hasta gotsa get pass the House first.

Don't count on it. Obama may go the "executive order" route and circumvent Congress. :mad:

Kid Stanislaus
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM

Try'n to hijack this thread, are you?:confused:

nicki
01-05-2013, 10:42 PM

70 percent plus of population support it and right now marijuana will be the way we reach liberals about the problems with Fderal power.

BTW, if prohibition of pot didn't work, how well is prohibition going to work for guns.

The failure of prohibition is one of our strongest arguments against the fed AW ban.

Nicki

EM2
01-06-2013, 8:48 AM
Don't count on it. Obama may go the "executive order" route and circumvent Congress. :mad:

Executive order is supposed to be administrative in nature and has effect on the executive branch only.
The pres would not be able to use it to institute a firearm ban.
He could however use exectutive order to restrict types of imports and to modify other regulations already supported by laws in place.

TeddyBallgame
01-06-2013, 8:59 AM
The gun owners are who will allow Mr. Obama to push thru a gun ban. Yes, I think we are the problem. Why, we are law abiding citizens wether we served in our military, or were in law enforcement or was a teacher or any other job that fed our families and made us feel good to be a productive part of society or any of the above we do not want to buck the system. Well now is the time for the *hit to hit the fan. We need to take action both here and D.C.,. We need a leader, rather quickly I might add, to take the reigns and speak the truth and make people understand that laws against guns is not the answer.what makes you think this opinion could get you banned? i've seen a lot worse here, in a very short period of time

donw
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
the best way to combat this coming issue is to wait and see what the proposed legislation is, what it ACTUALLY says and what's it's intent is; that will provide a format to devise a plan to defeat. (it will not take long...legislators tend to be rather long winded in wording, but short in content.)

unity against these incumbents set on taking our freedoms will put them back on their heels...we have to make the first defeat of SB249 look like child's play to yee, deleon and other like them.