PDA

View Full Version : I wrote my letter, have you written yours?

najay
01-05-2013, 8:58 AM
I just sent this to my congressmen via

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

have you written yours yet? Feel free to use any or all of this text if it is useful.

---------------

I am very concerned about some misguided attempts to use current horrific
and tragic events to pander to an Unconstitutional Gun Control agenda.

We all agree that something needs to be done, but taking away the rights of
innocent citizens is never the correct answer.

I have never been politically oriented - my voting record has been lackluster
at best, and for the most part i have gone with the flow.

That has changed.

I have responded to the current political atmosphere by becoming a life
member of the NRA and joining the SAF and CRFA. I have started giving
donations to organizations that support my right to bear arms. My hope that
this demonstration of support should be sufficient to illustrate my resolve.

This will further change if any more of my Second Amendment rights are
infringed. I will be forced to become politically active and will actively support
the candidates that do the right thing, one that supports and respects our
rights.

The citizens of the United States have had too many of their rights infringed
and removed. This issue is where I plan on making my stand. I am not alone
in my feelings, as the incredible recent increase in Firearm sales by law
abiding citizens has demonstrated.

I hope you will take this into consideration when the current (and future)
batches of ill conceived Gun Control and Ban bills start hitting the floor.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

RGERBER
01-05-2013, 9:16 AM
I have Devin Nunes as my Congressman and he is very pro-gun, there is no need to write him.
I Have Diane Feinstein and Barbra Boxer as my Senators they are very Anti-Gun so there is no need to write them.

GunnerB
01-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Multiple times

VAReact
01-05-2013, 1:13 PM
I have written many letters to both State and Federal elected officials, and am sure I will be writing many more for quite some time.

Bucc
01-05-2013, 1:19 PM
I have Devin Nunes as my Congressman and he is very pro-gun, there is no need to write him.
I Have Diane Feinstein and Barbra Boxer as my Senators they are very Anti-Gun so there is no need to write them.

Do it anyway. Then light up the phone lines as well. This isn't a joke.

VAReact
01-05-2013, 1:29 PM
Do it anyway. Then light up the phone lines as well. This isn't a joke.

+1. I'm in.

Henry Shooter
01-05-2013, 1:33 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll get to it.
Again thanks

RGERBER
01-05-2013, 1:34 PM
I have been donating $25.00 to the NRA-ILA every week since the shooting has happened, this like most political battles will be won with money and lobbyists.

I am a life member of the NRA, I was going to see if I can find a list of Congress members who may be on the fence and write them.
Anyone know of such a list?

Vanguard
01-05-2013, 3:20 PM
I sent a similar letter but it's pretty meaningless with my congressman. I live in Texas and my Congressman is ultra pro gun and 2nd amendment. More of these letters need to get to the fence sitters in Congress.

Treadstone
01-05-2013, 4:05 PM
I just emailed this to my Congressional reps:

-------

As your constituent, I am writing to voice my strong opposition to any further gun control legislation. You and your party will not get another vote from this Independent if you:

- vote for any kind of ban on guns
- vote for any kind of ban on magazines
- vote to require me to register my firearms in a national registry
- vote to require me to pay a tax to keep my firearms
- vote to require me to pay for liability insurance to possess a firearm
- vote to ban online sales of ammunition or firearms or accessories
- vote to place any further limits on what can legally be owned now
- vote to require the forfeiture of my firearms to the government upon my death

There is no compromise on this. We lawful gun owners have only lost ground at every turn each time "gun control" legislation has been passed. It doesn't work. It didn't stop the North Hollywood shoot out, and it didn't prevent Columbine. You cannot write a law to prevent Evil from doing evil.

Enforce our laws already on the books and get those who commit crime back behind bars.

Surely Obamacare will provide for the mentally ill?

JSolie
01-05-2013, 5:24 PM
Yes. Multiple times. Put the latest ones in the mailbox yesterday.

JJ_
01-05-2013, 5:42 PM
I'd also remind your elected officials that prohibition of the 20s & 30s did not work nor has the so called war on drugs that has waged since 1971 costing the tax payers hundreds of billions.

This will simply be the next so called War....That will cost the tax payers billions more while our own elected officials maintain their rights to own as well as continue supplying the bad guys with guns through programs such as the Fast & Furious to justify the need for this so called war.

Krak
01-05-2013, 5:51 PM
I also wrote mine. Except for Boxer and Feinstein, it's a waste of time writing them.

FeuerFrei
01-05-2013, 6:33 PM
^^
In case some Californians here haven't gotten the memo I will inform. Democrats run the state. They do not give a S#IT what you think. I don't care if you are a Dem or Rep. They don't have to listen to "little" people.
Writing letters to your rep makes sense in as much to encourage them to hold their line againt nanny state numb nuts and bad law. Good luck with that.
Our only recourse is judicial and that is tedius and expensive. They can and will rope a dope legal battles forever. Notice how we win a little one here and there? Still have to go back to snails paced court to argue another side point that relates to the last win. Just because we win a case dosen't mean it's over and decided once and for all. Rant over.
Write if you have to. If it makes you feel better then fine. You're better off sending money to lawyers that rep our rights in court.

SierraGuns
01-05-2013, 8:54 PM
Done, Multiple times

uhlan1
01-05-2013, 9:00 PM
Many times. All my state and federal reps regardless of position. the governor's office twice. And I emailed the GOP and told them if they don't oppose the AWB, I will withdraw from the party.
Donated to both CGN and the NRA.

Hey, how come I don't have "CGN Contributor" under my member status? Thought the more who do donate would pressure those who don't.

ldsnet
01-05-2013, 9:23 PM

Write them again! Remind them they represent the People's will not their personal beliefs.

Cpt
01-05-2013, 9:42 PM
Write to them regardless of their stance on gun control. Gov't officials need to know the views of the people who voted them into office. Please write into the local offices too.

The buying panic only reaffirms people fears of gun control. People who were not gun owners are becoming new gun owners with AR's, freaked AR's, not .22 cal Marlin 60s. Right now no one knows what is going to happen, not even Obama or Biden. Everyone is preparing for the worse possible scenario and the firearm free market is showing that.

Treadstone
01-05-2013, 9:53 PM
I think it's time we started robocalling our elected officials during dinner.

ImAti0n
01-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Just wrote a letter to mine as well

Drivedabizness
01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Please do not simply write letters to your local Congressman (which in most cases and in all cases regarding our US Senators will be a colossal waste of time). Share info on social media and local press. We can and will win the battle if we shed sunshine (the best disinfectant) and what is happening.

GUNFREAK
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Write them again! Remind them they represent the People's will not their personal beliefs.

:iagree: I just wrote mine.

City Hunter
01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Been sent out multiple times. Also notifying other pro2A groups about the current house bills.

battleship
01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Letter sent last week, and passed it on to other friends.

firebert
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Wrote my letter last week but seeing as it went to:

Representative Lee
Senator Boxer
Senator Feinstein
President Barack Obama

I don't feel like it did any good. I might as well write a letter to Leland Yee.

Hoooper
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
sent letters, 7 of 7 are anti-gun. Only one I was unsure of was Senator Corbett, but her voting record appears to show that she just votes yea 100% of the time.

im2ninja4u
01-06-2013, 11:09 AM

Well ****, Devin Nunes is my Congressman also and I was just about to write a letter to him.

Ratboy
01-06-2013, 2:44 PM
I have but I currently live in S.F. so... they are falling on deaf ears.