PDA

View Full Version : How many handguns per month ?

hylander
08-24-2007, 5:30 PM
So what is the scoop on how many handguns you can aquire a month.
I just bought a Glock 23 new. Actually I won't Dros it till next weekend.
So can I buy a used handgun PTP or do I have to wait 30 days ?
Or can I trade one I already have for another ?

SemiAutoSam
08-24-2007, 5:33 PM
1 Handgun per month at retail or otherwise.

Private party transfers where the buyer and seller meet to transfer the handgun or handguns are exempt.

this means you can transfer the one and concurrently transfer another or more if the additional are PPT's.

hylander
08-24-2007, 5:38 PM
Thanks Semi:
So that means if a guy out of state wants to trade me I have to wait
the 30 days, Correct ?

SemiAutoSam
08-24-2007, 5:57 PM
That's correct as the OOS guy needs to FedEx or UPS (next day air from what I understand) the handgun to a FFL in California.

No the OOS guy cant come to CA and attempt to do it transfer as the OOS guy must be a California resident and have a California ID or DL to quality for a PPT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Semi:
So that means if a guy out of state wants to trade me I have to wait
the 30 days, Correct ?

hylander
08-24-2007, 6:15 PM
Well thats a bummer, I got guy that wants to make a trade but I just
bought a Glock.
BY the way I ordered the Glock online and the company shipped it
USPS 2-4 day Priority.
I thought all handguns had to go through a Common Carrier ( Fed EX, UPS ) and overnight, but the FFL's here I talked to said that is not the case anymore :confused:

SemiAutoSam
08-24-2007, 6:19 PM
NBD Just pay him and have him ship it to your FFL and DROS it next month.

That is if its on the Calif drop safe BS list and if your FFL does not have a problem with storing it at his licensed premises for you.

Well thats a bummer, I got guy that wants to make a trade but I just
bought a Glock.
BY the way I ordered the Glock online and the company shipped it
USPS 2-4 day Priority.
I thought all handguns had to go through a Common Carrier ( Fed EX, UPS ) and overnight, but the FFL's here I talked to said that is not the case anymore :confused:

hylander
08-24-2007, 6:46 PM
Good Idea Semi :cool:
Should be on the list, it is a Springfield 1911 Milspec.

emc002
09-01-2007, 7:37 PM
1 Handgun per month at retail or otherwise.

Private party transfers where the buyer and seller meet to transfer the handgun or handguns are exempt.

Just to make sure I understand, I PPTed a revolver 8 days ago at my FFL.
Now I could PPT again (multiple times) within the 30 days.
Can I ALSO do 1 new gun purchase from any FFL without waiting 30 days from the revolver purchase date?
I've had are no other handgun purchases within the last 30 days but the revolver PPT.

SemiAutoSam
09-01-2007, 7:44 PM
Replies in red.

YES You could PPT 100,000,000 handguns as they are exempt from the one gun every 30 days rule.

Can I ALSO do 1 new gun purchase from any FFL without waiting 30 days from the revolver purchase date?

As the way I understand it YES. is the same FFL doing all of the transfers ?
Depending on how educated he is or is not he might not know about the PPT exemption.

I've had are no other handgun purchases within the last 30 days but the revolver PPT.

aplinker
09-01-2007, 7:44 PM

ALL PPTs (both people present and CA residents) are exempt from the 30 day crud, and it's unlimited. You could PPT 10,000 guns at once. Only non-PPTs have the one in 30 day limitation.

EDIT** I type too slow.

emc002
09-02-2007, 3:18 PM
SemiAutoSam and UCLAplinker:

Thanks for the quick response! Now I can go get that Kimber Custom II tomorrow! :D