PDA

View Full Version : NRA article on upcoming January 22nd Feinstein Bill

Freq18Hz
01-05-2013, 2:40 AM
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2013/1/feinstein's-new-gun-ban-bill-likely-to-be-introduced-january-22.aspx

"Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Contact your members of Congress and urge them to oppose any "assault weapon" or magazine ban

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)--author of the federal "assault weapon" and "large" ammunition magazine ban of 1994-2004--has said for weeks that she will soon introduce an even more restrictive bill. Leaders in the U.S. Senate have stated that January 22 will be the first day on which new Senate legislation can be proposed, so that is the most likely date for the new, sweeping legislation to be introduced.

On Dec. 17th, Feinstein said, "I have been working with my staff for over a year on this legislation" and "It will be carefully focused." Indicating the depth of her research on the issue, she said on Dec. 21st that she had personally looked at pictures of guns in 1993, and again in 2012.

According to a Dec. 27th posting on Sen. Feinstein's website and a draft of the bill obtained by NRA-ILA, the new ban would, among other things, adopt new definitions of "assault weapon" that would affect a much larger variety of firearms, require current owners of such firearms to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act, and require forfeiture of the firearms upon the deaths of their current owners."

-Freq

Krak
01-05-2013, 5:59 AM
They aren't coming for your guns. They're making it so your children and grandchildren will never be able to own them.

Creeping Incrementalism
01-05-2013, 6:12 AM
I don't understand why the NRA release says "--Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1941 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS."

I can see the target model of the Mini meeting the pistol grip definition, but how could the M1 carbine and all models of the SKS be defined as meeting the features test?

I am most curious about the list of named firearms, I'm betting they will be listed there. I wonder if Bill Ruger has rolled over in his grave after the Mini-14 was listed on the "original" AWB-II a number of years ago, considering how he sold gun owners out in 1989 by proposing a standard capacity magazine ban to save his Mini.

Grumpy-old-man
01-05-2013, 6:52 AM
I don't understand why the NRA release says "--Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1941 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS."

I can see the target model of the Mini meeting the pistol grip definition, but how could the M1 carbine and all models of the SKS be defined as meeting the features test?

I am most curious about the list of named firearms, I'm betting they will be listed there. I wonder if Bill Ruger has rolled over in his grave after the Mini-14 was listed on the "original" AWB-II a number of years ago, considering how he sold gun owners out in 1989 by proposing a standard capacity magazine ban to save his Mini.

Hi CreepingIncrementalism;

My take on the mini 14 thing is that the model(s) hit are probably
a. the original GB 14/20 police model (bayo lug/flash hider came factory stock)
b. the original folding stock (those stocks alone commanded > $400 on fleabay before the panic - you do not know how much I am kicking myself for having 'taken profit' on it back during AWB 1.0)
c. the target model with thumbhole stock and threaded bbl for tuning apparatus
d. the current 'tactical' version with ATI stock, short tube and flash hider

Just my 2 cents.
Hope its all moot anyway because (hopefully) we will beat 'em on this one.

There is definitely a lesson to be learned about compromise here - Bill Ruger did indeed sell us out by suggesting a 15 shot mag ban to Bush I. Then the gungrabbers said "Great, you gun guys will go for 15? We'll stick it to you for 10". Lurking gungrabber fora and comments, they are salivating at the idea of a 10 shot ban so they can push for a 5 shot limit next (like in NYC). I can hear it now - "...why does any deer hunter need more than 5 shots..."

Never compromise.

All the best,
Grumpy

donw
01-05-2013, 7:54 AM
the M1 carbine was used an numerous "Assaults" from WWII up to, and including VN.

the military models had bayonet lugs on them as standard issue and the folding paratrooper model has a folding stock...

i was issued an M1 Carbine...

it has standard 20 round magazine and can have full auto capability in the M2 version.

and yes...they've been sold to the public since the end of VN (or nearabouts) but that means little...remember you're dealing with a legislator.

i know most of you are aware of this stuff...my point is that difi is a paranoid old woman that anything that resembles a military firearm will cause her problems.

we also know that anyone who "Looks at a lot of pictures" is, surely, an 'expert'.

research? i wouldn't believe difi if she swore on the Holy Bible...she's biased, closed and narrow minded and we know it.

Ammodog
01-05-2013, 8:12 AM
Hello McFly! They want ALL of our guns.

Eldraque
01-05-2013, 8:17 AM
she "looked at pictures"

Oh well she must be a gun expert now

as far as the government recieving guns instead of offspring....thats horse***. Seems like they literally will are attempting to pry the guns from our cold dead hands

GrizzlyGuy
01-05-2013, 8:20 AM

It doesn't, and that's why her bill bans guns based on features and also bans guns by name. The M1 Carbine, Mini-14 and others that she has deemed to be "assault weapons" will be on her named list.

ramathorn
01-05-2013, 9:29 AM
If a bill is instated [and approved], how long until it can become law??

Silent909
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM
They should of gave her "pictures" of BB or pelet rifles so she can make a ban on those instead of the real ones haha cuz i doubt she will know the difference!

Mitch
01-05-2013, 10:45 AM
she "looked at pictures"

Oh well she must be a gun expert now

I wish she really said that, it would be hilarious, but the only place I could find that statement was in the original "Feinstein Goes For Broke With New Gun-Ban Bill" release from the NRA and a couple of news outlets that quoted it verbatim.

Her own release on the subject doesn't say anything about looking at pictures, sadly.

Moonshine
01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Anything that expands the NFA the Republicans in the house will fight to the finish. It's against their principles on so many levels:

1) expands government
2) government spending that will easily run into the hundreds of billions
3) increases state law enforcement costs and local government
4) unconstitutional

However at this point even the GOP has to do something sooooo mag ban as a compromise.

Bucc
01-05-2013, 12:27 PM
It's against their principles on so many levels:

1) expands government
2) government spending that will easily run into the hundreds of billions
3) increases state law enforcement costs and local government
4) unconstitutional

Yup. And we all know the GOP has NEVER done any of that.
I'm not holding my breath.

Hippies_Have_Guns_Too
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz202/hot74rod/58188_576742049007133_417435013_n_zps5b5547c4.jpg

sseric75
01-05-2013, 6:20 PM
I have one of those assault hammers. Hopefully I won't have to register it.

Treadstone
01-05-2013, 6:24 PM
My Bosch hammer drill has a forward grip! Will I have to register it?

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=11224VSR

Moonshine
01-05-2013, 6:54 PM
Although Feinstein's bill doesn't go after our guns it does allow the ATF to randomly visit us to inspect them and ensure they are in our safes. And requires us to get permission for them to leave the state... Some of us live close to Oregon and Nevada and do alot of shooting out of state so were now screwed.

Just Dave
01-05-2013, 7:05 PM
Difi's proposed legislation will die in committee, Harry Reid didn't earn an A rating from the NRA for nothing.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_080925_ccshootingpark.cfm

chris
01-05-2013, 7:20 PM
It doesn't, and that's why her bill bans guns based on features and also bans guns by name. The M1 Carbine, Mini-14 and others that she has deemed to be "assault weapons" will be on her named list.

we are not sure if those rifles will be on the list yet. while i will not be surprised if they are. it will be stupid to do so.

hikingwithguns
01-05-2013, 7:30 PM
Difi's proposed legislation will die in committee, Harry Reid didn't earn an A rating from the NRA for nothing.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_080925_ccshootingpark.cfm

Keep smoking that, let me know how it goes.

"Pro-Gun" democratic congressmen seem to be defecting at an alarming rate. But I'm sure they are on our side, just like Jerry Brown is :facepalm:

O'Brien
01-05-2013, 7:35 PM
Although Feinstein's bill doesn't go after our guns it does allow the ATF to randomly visit us to inspect them and ensure they are in our safes. And requires us to get permission for them to leave the state... Some of us live close to Oregon and Nevada and do alot of shooting out of state so were now screwed.

So you are saying the ATF can come and take my shotgun because I keep it under my bed?

fizux
01-05-2013, 9:56 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz202/hot74rod/58188_576742049007133_417435013_n_zps5b5547c4.jpg

Don't forget we need to also ban .50 BMGs sniper rifles. After all, the one "sniper attack" murder in 2011 was committed with a handgun.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

frankm
01-05-2013, 11:20 PM

What the heck? Seriously? Registration will be the end of the 2nd Amendment.

aermotor
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
They aren't coming for your guns. They're making it so your children and grandchildren will never be able to own them.

Wrong.

kf6tac
01-05-2013, 11:27 PM

I think what the NRA-ILA release meant was that, as you surmised, the M1 Carbine, Mini-14, and SKS will be added to the banned by name list.

SickofSoCal
01-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Too much moonshine?