PDA

View Full Version : Federal Gun Violence Committe formed.

LockJaw
01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Rep. Mike Thompson has chosen his vice chairs for the Gun Violence Protection Committe.

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28921:thompson-announces-vice-chairs-for-gun-violence-prevention-task-force&catid=1:latest&Itemid=197

It sure looks like the Committe is stacked against us. I just love the part were he touts any member that fesses up to owning a gun as a sportsman or hunter. It also looks as if their "in depth" study will issue their report in Feb. Could this be because they already have it written? Nah, not our Liberal friends.

Like I stated in a previous thread, RepThompson walked out of the house in sympathy with the black Caucus while the vote to impeach AG Holder was being held.

I read somewhere today that he will be holding a "forum" on gun violence in Napa next week. Can't seem to find the story at this late hour. Keep an eye out, it may be worth attending, though I doubt their will be any real public input. Mike Thompson has worked his way up to a comfortably safe House seat, no need to fake representing all in his dstrict anymore.

Moonshine
01-05-2013, 12:30 AM
How Biden to oversee discussion, committees, DiFi deciding to sit on her AW bill until the end of the month... Ahhh government beauracracy at its finest!

Looks like while they're talking ill just have to use the time to acquire even MORE rifles and ammo.

cyberpuppy42
01-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Wait - is the committee that promised broad stakeholder involvement only comprised of members of the House Democratic Caucus?

Carnivore
01-05-2013, 1:05 AM
Wait - is the committee that promised broad stakeholder involvement only comprised of members of the House Democratic Caucus?

did you think they would do it any other way? Did the same thing with Obama care. The good thing is there are a bunch of "Hunters" and some guys that used "Military style" weapons. Does it need saying that this is bullstuff?

cyberpuppy42
01-05-2013, 6:26 AM
did you think they would do it any other way? Did the same thing with Obama care. The good thing is there are a bunch of "Hunters" and some guys that used "Military style" weapons. Does it need saying that this is bullstuff?

Yes, and they're going to blackmail enough Republicans with the stigma of supporting killing of children if they don't vote for this bill that it's likely to pass the House. Either that or they'll make some budget bargain with the House Republicans for spending cuts in exchange for gun control...

G-Man WC
01-05-2013, 6:36 AM
The current corrupt administration goes from one crisis to the next using the media
to whip everyone into a frenzy and then attempts to ramrod legislation.
Someone needs to put the brakes on this process.
I hope things don't get to ugly for the house of Ramonov
at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
-g

frankm
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
The current corrupt administration goes from one crisis to the next using the media
to whip everyone into a frenzy and then attempts to ramrod legislation.
Someone needs to put the breaks on this process.
I hope things don't get to ugly for the house of Ramonov
at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
-g

If they pass this, it will be very dangerous for them. Our argument MUST be that we have the right to our arms for defense against tyranny. Eff the sporting, hunting, even in home self-defense arguments. The RKBA is for protection of our nation from tyranny. Now, how can it be dangerous if they pass this? Because a large portion of society will view them as commies, nazis, an enemy who must be resisted and even killed. I wouldn't be suprised by violence. So ultimately, by fighting for our gun rights, we actually save the lives of liberal politicians! As well as innocent cops and soldiers.

See, preserving the RKBA is a win-win. :)

GrizzlyGuy
01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
He is hosting three public forums on preventing gun violence next week in Napa on Jan. 8, Vallejo on Jan. 9 and Santa Rosa on Jan. 10.

CGF fire mission?

RileyBean
01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Any committee bill will be WAY more effective than individual bills.

merrill
01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
The Salem Radio Network has come out with a petiton against gun control and for the second amendment. Please sign it. http://salemnational.com/second-amendment/

Moonshine
01-05-2013, 1:05 PM
Committes that are rigged are more effective than those with actual debate