PDA

View Full Version : Planned Peaceful Protest in Sacramento on January 19th.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sanchanim
01-04-2013, 10:49 PM
There has been a movement starting up on FaceBook to protest in our state capitals across the country on January 19th. Yours truly got suckered, I mean convinced to organize our protest in our capital here in Sacramento California.

Please make the jump for more information: http://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/?ref=22&suggestsessionid=18218565131357271463
We as the armed intelligencia have been actively working with all the electrons we can muster in the inerwebie, but as we have plainly seen in places like Illinois and New York City our politicians have been moving forward regardless. It is time to get outside and see the sunlight. Let them not only hear our voices via phone, fax, and email, but also see us. We are teachers, police officers, mothers, fathers, hard working Americans. We can sit on this sight and lament about the things going on or we can say today and now we have had enough! Our rights as Americans are sacred, and part of the fabric of our moral compass as a nation. You may choose to do nothing, or you may choose to peacefully voice your displeasure in our politicians.

This will be a peaceful protest. We will obey all laws, and ordinance for the city in which we choose to protest.
Special Note, this is California!!!!
NO OC or CC allowed!
Even if you have a CCW, this is a protest, the last thing we want is something bad happening.

Given that this is California we discourage it.
Many in recent days have mentioned things like a million man armed march on our nations capital. Well this is almost as good, if not better. Most of the legislation we will see in the coming weeks and months will be at the state level. We must make our voices heard and stand up as Americans to let the world know we will not tolerate this form of tyranny anymore.
So if you are interested please look on FaceBook and find your organizer for your state. You can email them directly via FaceBook.

For those of you on the West Coast in California. Please contact me directly at dsilver668@gmail.com. I will be contacting other organizations, and also would request help by having folks drop flyers off at local gun shops. We need people out there to make an impression. We must show our solidarity, and unity.

I don't think there are any laws against carrying an empty holster. As such this is a great non threatening symbol of the disarmament of American citizens.
As far as dress. I can't tell you how to dress folks, this is America! Business casual is preferred, jeans t-shirt. Showing up in full cammo would probably not set the best image, although there is nothing illegal about it.
The point is we are your average everyday citizens, and that is what we want to convey. We are your neighbors, teachers, church members. We are not some fringe group that can be ignored, or trampled on. We are the 99%.
I will be discussing with the organizer if there is a preferred color, that we can wear to show solidarity. Pink might throw them off a bit eh?? ;-)

TheRealVIC
01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
make sure this gets posted in all the forums. I will be there.

Sleighter
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
If open carry is allowed we encourage this as well, but only if it is legal and the organizer has given the ok for it.*

:facepalm:

Cobrafreak
01-05-2013, 9:03 AM
You do realize that if just one person at the protest fires a gun it will bring down the course of public opinion. What if an anti-gunner is planted at the protest just to do this very thing? A nut-job? I say we do what we can in courts and through communications with senators and congressmen. it's not worth the risk for a protest.

Justin87
01-05-2013, 9:35 AM
I'm down but I discourage bringing guns. Not worth chancing it. If someone brings one tell.them to put it away. Then if something happens we would know it wasn't our guys and was most likely someone planted there for us to look bad.

tcrpe
01-05-2013, 10:51 AM
You guys gonna be on teevee?

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Ok everyone,
Let it be known as I am preaching to the quire here.
NO OC or CC allowed!
Even if you have a CCW, this is a protest, the last thing we want is something bad happening.
My original post done while tired is a cross post. This is a national protest so there are many states where OC is allowed, and excepted.
If you went to my post on FaceBook you would have read that.
If you are interested in attending please email me. Also if you are able to drop flyers off at you local gun shop or pass them out to friends please do.
Right now we are aiming, no pun intended for 12:00 noon on January 19th.
We will be protesting at Capitals across the country.

daveinwoodland
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
I have to agree with what's been said, it is a prime oppurtunity for an anti to plan something to discredit the general attendance.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Also we will be contacting local news agencies so yes we hope to have both TV and radio representatives present.
If there is anyone who works for CalGuns and wants to be there as an official communications liaison, ie you get to talk to folks in the media please contact me directly.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I have to agree with what's been said, it is a prime oppurtunity for an anti to plan something to discredit the general attendance.

As we get closer I will be speaking with various folks. We will have an organized security staff who's primary function will be to be a fly on the wall and keep things civil.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-05-2013, 11:55 AM
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Colt-45
01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
How about slings and empty holsters?

NO OC or CC allowed!
My original post done while tired is a cross post. This is a national protest so there are many states where OC is allowed, and excepted.

Then I recommend editing it from your main post. Some people don't care to read through multiple posts and will show up and say "but I didn't know".

sharxbyte
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I definitely plan on coming. We need to have some kind of clothing/color to wear for solidarity, and a way to ensure that none of those protesting will come armed.

otteray
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I definitely plan on coming. We need to have some kind of clothing/color to wear for solidarity, and a way to ensure that none of those protesting will come armed.

Camo unitards. http://image.dhgate.com/albu_296925650_00/1.0x0.jpg

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
How about slings and empty holsters?

Then I recommend editing it from your main post. Some people don't care to read through multiple posts and will show up and say "but I didn't know".

I have updated my first post to include your recommendations!

NastyDan
01-05-2013, 1:02 PM
:clap::clap::clap:
+1!
Camo unitards. http://image.dhgate.com/albu_296925650_00/1.0x0.jpg

Eldraque
01-05-2013, 1:10 PM
Tagged

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 1:11 PM
Dude the unitard thing oh heck no!!! Not even on my best day hahahaha
Of course we could all dress up like Precila Queen of the desert in cammo, that would freak people out wouldn't it lol

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-05-2013, 1:19 PM
I'm in and also three of my friends ! See you in Sacramento !

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z33/vanhahner/110921-chicks-guns-AlexandraTruitt_grid-7x2.jpg

bomb_on_bus
01-05-2013, 1:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea.

I wouldn't plan on the anti's giving you too much grief as their "attack plan" never changes formula. All you guys have to do is show up and be your average joe selves and keep the tin foil hat nuttery out of the protest.

Also be sure to check out if anyone will be around that is under SS protection otherwise that peaceful protest could land you jail time thanks to HR347.

My 2 cents is this could be a good way to show whoever is interested that gun owners are average day American citizens.

But yeah keep the camo patterns and the "from my cold dead hands" shirts at home. How about something with the flag or red white and blue? A hat or something simple and cheap.

rla_2000
01-05-2013, 1:29 PM
I live in Sac and want to go! I work on Saturday, so will try and get the day off work. I invited at least 10 others to go with through Facebook.

Emailed you my info, as there's 2 shops I pass by daily here in Elk Grove if you want flyers dropped off.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 1:34 PM
I live in Sac and want to go! I work on Saturday, so will try and get the day off work. I invited at least 10 others to go with through Facebook.

Emailed you my info, as there's 2 shops I pass by daily here in Elk Grove if you want flyers dropped off.

Got your info and replied.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 1:34 PM
UPDATE:
Ok folks I am going to be organizing the CA protest. Please email me at dsilver668@gmail.com. I want to put together a list for everyone via FB who will be helping etc. It is much easier this way.
Dress for Success: I spoke with Eric. We feel business casual, or nice jeans and polo shirt would be best. I know full camo is all the rage these days, but lets keep that for hunting season. If you are affiliated with a church or synagog I have no issue with you wearing your traditional clothes. If you are an EMT, Police, or active duty, I don't mind you dressing in your "work clothes" PLEASE NOTE, those who are active military you must check with your CO on this! I don't want anyone to get in trouble and a possible discharge because of your fashion choice during this protest.
LEO's:
If you are an LEO and planning on protesting please contact me right away. Safety, and a peaceful protest is critical to our cause. If you will be in uniform I want you to be part of our security team. This means any Sacramento PD who might be involved in basic crowd control can approach you right away if there are any issues at all. If we need to shift crowds, or anything else as far as safety, you can help get the word to everyone else so we can have a civil and well organized event.
As a reminder to all we are the law abiding American people. We want to show our unity for our freedoms under the constitution. Yes this is a Pro-2A event, but if they take that away, then it is only a matter of time before everything else goes too.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-05-2013, 1:51 PM
Remember Sanchanim, your not alone in this, there are large pro gun organizations willing to help or give advice. I urge you to contact them for their support.

N.R.A. /A.S.F. etc.

sindominator
01-05-2013, 1:53 PM
I think I'm avialable. Count me in I am in Tracy, anybody interested in carpool?

Colt-45
01-05-2013, 1:56 PM
Posted this in another thread from a few weeks ago filled with people who wanted to protest.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 3:27 PM
I think I'm avialable. Count me in I am in Tracy, anybody interested in carpool?

I am in Tracy, but no idea how many kids I am going to have with me.

CitaDeL
01-05-2013, 3:32 PM
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

This is a surprisingly appropriate quote for the suggestion of protesting the actions of anti-gunners in the California state legislature. Not because those inside the State Capitol are evil and not because good men are doing nothing, but because such a protest is comprised of good men accomplishing nothing.

As I have enumerated elsewhere, there is no organization, other than supporters asking people to show up-- now we have two dates suggested both January 19th (a Saturday when no legislator will be there) and February 8th (A Friday where only a few will be able to attend).

The OP is asking civil servants to come in uniform, which simply isnt going to be possible for most if not all, even if they wanted to... their employers will not allow it. While it would lend some credibility if it were possible, this suggests to me that very little thought has been invested in putting an event comprised of a diverse cross section of gun owners.

It is my earnest wish that we oppose the anti-gun legislature, the anti-gun media, and anti-gun law enforcement, but this isnt an effective way to do any of that. If you are determined to use your first amendment right to a redress of your grievances, I would suggest starting with a phone, fax, and letter writing campaign. Bury them in correspondance opposing every piece of legislation being proposed. By keeping updated by the NRA, CGF, and the Firearms Policy Coalition you can unify your efforts and have a greater effect than gettin 200-300 tubby middle aged white guys parading the Capitol grounds reciting bumper sticker sound bites.

cortayack
01-05-2013, 3:38 PM
I will be there......Vallejo area....

pbchief2
01-05-2013, 3:39 PM
Remind every one attending firearms are prohibited for the average citizen, even with LTC in Capital Park.

171c. (a) (1) Any person who brings a loaded firearm into, or
possesses a loaded firearm within, the State Capitol, any legislative
office, any office of the Governor or other constitutional officer,
or any hearing room in which any committee of the Senate or Assembly
is conducting a hearing, or upon the grounds of the State Capitol,
which is bounded by 10th, L, 15th, and N Streets in the City of
Sacramento, shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for a
period of not more than one year, a fine of not more than one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or both such imprisonment and fine, or by
imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.
(2) Any person who brings or possesses, within the State Capitol,
any legislative office, any hearing room in which any committee of
the Senate or Assembly is conducting a hearing, the Legislative
Office Building at 1020 N Street in the City of Sacramento, or upon
the grounds of the State Capitol, which is bounded by 10th, L, 15th,
and N Streets in the City of Sacramento, any of the following, is
guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in a county jail
for a period not to exceed one year, or by a fine not exceeding one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, if
the area is posted with a statement providing reasonable notice that
prosecution may result from possession of any of these items:
(A) Any firearm.
(B) Any deadly weapon described in Section 653k or 12020.
(C) Any knife with a blade length in excess of four inches, the
blade of which is fixed or is capable of being fixed in an unguarded
position by the use of one or two hands.
(D) Any unauthorized tear gas weapon.
(E) Any stun gun, as defined in Section 244.5.
(F) Any instrument that expels a metallic projectile, such as a BB
or pellet, through the force of air pressure, CO2 pressure, or
spring action, or any spot marker gun or paint gun.
(G) Any ammunition as defined in Section 12316.
(H) Any explosive as defined in Section 12000 of the Health and
Safety Code.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to, or affect, any of the
following:
(1) A duly appointed peace officer as defined in Chapter 4.5
(commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, a retired peace
officer with authorization to carry concealed weapons as described in
subdivision (a) of Section 12027, a full-time paid peace officer of
another state or the federal government who is carrying out official
duties while in California, or any person summoned by any of these
officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while he
or she is actually engaged in assisting the officer.
(2) A person holding a valid license to carry the firearm pursuant
to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of Chapter 1 of Title 2
of Part 4, and who has permission granted by the Chief Sergeants at
Arms of the State Assembly and the State Senate to possess a
concealed weapon upon the premises described in subdivision (a).
(3) A person who has permission granted by the Chief Sergeants at
Arms of the State Assembly and the State Senate to possess a weapon
upon the premises described in subdivision (a).
(c) (1) Nothing in this section shall preclude prosecution under
Sections 12021 and 12021.1, Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and
Institutions Code, or any other law with a penalty greater than is
set forth in this section.
(2) The provisions of this section are cumulative, and shall not
be construed as restricting the application of any other law.
However, an act or omission punishable in different ways by different
provisions of law shall not be punished under more than one
provision.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 3:40 PM
Remember Sanchanim, your not alone in this, there are large pro gun organizations willing to help or give advice. I urge you to contact them for their support.

N.R.A. /A.S.F. etc.

We are certainly going to try here..

oldstairdog
01-05-2013, 3:44 PM
I'm in! It's about time we start a positive movement for our Constitution!

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 3:46 PM
This is a surprisingly appropriate quote for the suggestion of protesting the actions of anti-gunners in the California state legislature. Not because those inside the State Capitol are evil and not because good men are doing nothing, but because such a protest is comprised of good men accomplishing nothing.

As I have enumerated elsewhere, there is no organization, other than supporters asking people to show up-- now we have two dates suggested both January 19th (a Saturday when no legislator will be there) and February 8th (A Friday where only a few will be able to attend).

The OP is asking civil servants to come in uniform, which simply isnt going to be possible for most if not all, even if they wanted to... their employers will not allow it. While it would lend some credibility if it were possible, this suggests to me that very little thought has been invested in putting an event comprised of a diverse cross section of gun owners.

It is my earnest wish that we oppose the anti-gun legislature, the anti-gun media, and anti-gun law enforcement, but this isnt an effective way to do any of that. If you are determined to use your first amendment right to a redress of your grievances, I would suggest starting with a phone, fax, and letter writing campaign. Bury them in correspondance opposing every piece of legislation being proposed. By keeping updated by the NRA, CGF, and the Firearms Policy Coalition you can unify your efforts and have a greater effect than gettin 200-300 tubby middle aged white guys parading the Capitol grounds reciting bumper sticker sound bites.

If it isn't possible for folks to be in uniform I am fine with that. It isn't an issue.
The February 8th is still going forward, but as many know, work days are difficult to get folks together if at all.
Now a Saturday means no one is at the office, although the lights might be on.
We are hoping for media coverage, and this certainly does not mean we can't email, write, fax, or call. This is in addition to.
This event is being coordinated across multiple capitals in multiple states. We hope this will in fact gain media coverage, and make a point.
As you well know once a piece of legislation hits committee we are on it. The SAF, NRA and others get the word out and we make our displeasure known.
If we make the evening news in a good way then we will have made our point which is what we are trying to do.

drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
01-05-2013, 3:50 PM
I'll be there!

I guess this means we should not hold a spot for you? Very well.

Sanchanim
01-05-2013, 4:00 PM
Remind every one attending firearms are prohibited for the average citizen, even with LTC in Capital Park.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

I have updated my original post.
NO CC or OC NO AIRSOFT or OTHER weapons that could be seen as a potential threat.
If I need to repeat it I will.

Tripeaks69
01-05-2013, 4:07 PM
Goodluck and have a safe demonstrations at the capitol. Unfortunately, im in south calif. I will warch you on TEEVEE...

For those who believe the writing their representatives is effective, go ahead and ask you friends, family and neighbors to send letter to your congressmen. We all need to help each other in fighting for 2A rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CitaDeL
01-05-2013, 4:28 PM
This event is being coordinated across multiple capitals in multiple states. We hope this will in fact gain media coverage, and make a point...

...If we make the evening news in a good way then we will have made our point which is what we are trying to do.

Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?

Target-Ed
01-05-2013, 6:08 PM
I would suggest for uniform of the day, Khakis with a CalGuns Polo using the Bear Patch....This logo is more media friendly than the "ZORT" design. It looks more conservative. If you wear a jacket or hat....same patch. On the hat NRA pin if you are a member and a Gadsden Flag pin.
Suggested uniform for spokesman or spokesmen Navy Blazer Calguns patch as a blazer crest NRA and Gadsden Flag pin on lapel. White or light blue dress shirt and a conservative Red White and Blue Striped tie with grey slacks.
The idea of a professional image is absolutely essential. Unarmed is essential including no firearms of any kind nothing that could be mistaken for a firearm, this includes airsoft and "non-guns"

Dress as ladies and gentlemen, behave as ladies and gentlemen and speak in the manner of ladies and gentlemen. Put the media on the defensive with your appearance. Do not look like the rabble that was "Occupy Wall Street". When the protest is over, police the area leave no trash behind.

Unfortunately I cannot be there I hope these words of wisdom will help.

Ed

fieldy84
01-05-2013, 6:19 PM
I'm 5 blocks away from the Capital and I'm in. And it's my BIRTHDAY!!! No better way to celebrate!

OldShooter32
01-05-2013, 6:30 PM
Gun-free zone for a 2A protest.

Ok

Trying to digest it. Retired 35+ year cop w/carry endorsement. Not sure I know how to walk without a counter-balance.

OldShooter32
01-05-2013, 6:30 PM

Ok

Trying to digest it. Retired 35+ year cop w/carry endorsement. Not sure I know how to walk without a counter-balance.

Target-Ed
01-05-2013, 7:03 PM
Gun Free 2A protest? I know it is against the grain of our members. The idea is to de-fuse the media. By not being armed, we are not waving a red blanket in the face of a bull, our illustrious legislature and the liberal media. By doing this we have taken away their fire. If something did happen during the protest, WE DID NOT DO IT, WE WERE UNARMED.

Ed

USMCbassman
01-05-2013, 8:08 PM
I'd love to be there, but like a few others stated I'm in SoCal and it just isn't feasible for me right now to make it up to Sac.

The Feb 8th one has been split (last I seen anyways) into two: one in Sac and one in LA. I plan on attending the one in LA.

Good luck and I'll be watching for you all on the tube!

Colt-45
01-05-2013, 8:09 PM

Ok

I understand how you feel, but the reason for this is all the dirty tricks the gun grabbers play. There is no doubt in my mind that they will attempt to undermine or sabotage the protest.

I personally dont see the problem for those that CCW to go armed but thats up to the organizers to decide.

I think it has more to do with this though:

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Oldshooter32, If you are one of those special people then do not hesitate.

Tronite
01-05-2013, 9:12 PM
Sanchanim, you should contact Wes (Pen Maker on this forum) regarding radio media coverage. He's doing the California Gun Talk radio show on KSCO out of Santa Cruz. Maybe he can do a special live show from Sacramento that day.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Okay. So if media coverage is the goal, has someone stepped forward as the sole media contact for the Sacramento event? Are they presentable (suit and tie) and well spoken? Has a press release been developed for distribution to articulate exactly why you are protesting and how any of that applies to state legislation? Is this media contact prepared to be confronted by not only anti-gun reporters from the media (asking questions like: Why do you support mass shooting of Kindergartners?) but also the antagonism of anti-gun counter protesters intended to disrupt your activities?

Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

"A picture is worth a thousand words!" It's time to hit the street!

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM

That would be me.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Sanchanim, you should contact Wes (Pen Maker on this forum) regarding radio media coverage. He's doing the California Gun Talk radio show on KSCO out of Santa Cruz. Maybe he can do a special live show from Sacramento that day.

Thanks Tronite. Not sure which email contact to use.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
If you are 100% certain you can carry on the capitol property then by all means. I would just hate to see one of ours arrested because an LEO thought it was illegal.

fourtraxmc
01-06-2013, 1:04 AM
I will be there. Shot Show and 2A support in the same week, WIN!

shamanrock
01-06-2013, 6:17 AM
Citadel you make some good points, but flooding our legislators with emails is not enough. The gays in this country only represented 2 percent of the population and yet look at what they accomplished by hitting the street in protest for equal rights all across the land.
It's estimated that 51 percent of all households in the U.S. have a gun in the house and you would think that the percentage would mean something, but we are seeing the Second Amendment eroded each year by state and federal anti gun laws.

I live in LA. I too would like to protest here in LA. Is there anything going on here that I can attend to soon? I'm tired of the media bashing us law abiding good guy gun owners!!

USMCbassman
01-06-2013, 8:02 AM
Here's a link to the Feb 8th protest in SoCal:

https://www.facebook.com/events/404580092955869/?suggestsessionid=17714119511357487835

CitaDeL
01-06-2013, 8:16 AM

If you believe that the gay rights movement achieved what they have by going to the streets in protest, you would be wrong. Their achievements have only begun to change significantly in the last 10-20 years and this is after decades of advocacy. If you had done your research, you would have found that their political marches were in D.C. with a sympathetic sitting President or in California and New York where the political constituency was likewise tolerant.

The suggestion of protesting for gun rights in California at this time is like recommending a gay pride parade in Arkansas. In 1955.

While I am not gay or a minority, I would hope that the picture media would take away from this event is that of a racially diverse group holding a sign that says, "Gun Rights are Gay Rights" or "Gun Rights are MY Civil Rights" and not that of a group of slovenly, obese, white retirees dressed in BDU's holding a sign that says "MOLON LABE" or anything that might be attached to the 'Tea Party'.

The message has to be delivered by messengers that are unassailable in the California media. Gay men, young pretty women, minorities, and those with handicaps that limit their ability to defend themselves are essential to building this picture that gun owners are more dynamic than angry white men. This must be a component of every media contact, including the press release.

It is not enough to wave a protest sign in the camera- promotional materials (like a large banner, pamphlets) should have an easy to read website where viewers can get more information and get involved in contacting their representatives. (Yes, more letter writers...if you want to be seen, it must be by people who can take meaningful action.)

If this is to be a sucess and earn support from the wider gun community in California, organization cannot rely solely on asking people just to show up to concentrate numbers... it must be tailored to illustrate that gun owners are not just diverse but need the protection of their civil rights.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
If you believe that the gay rights movement achieved what they have by going to the streets in protest, you would be wrong. Their achievements have only begun to change significantly in the last 10-20 years and this is after decades of advocacy. If you had done your research, you would have found that their political marches were in D.C. with a sympathetic sitting President or in California and New York where the political constituency was likewise tolerant.

The suggestion of protesting for gun rights in California at this time is like recommending a gay pride parade in Arkansas. In 1955.

While I am not gay or a minority, I would hope that the picture media would take away from this event is that of a racially diverse group holding a sign that says, "Gun Rights are Gay Rights" or "Gun Rights are MY Civil Rights" and not that of a group of slovenly, obese, white retirees dressed in BDU's holding a sign that says "MOLON LABE" or anything that might be attached to the 'Tea Party'.

The message has to be delivered by messengers that are unassailable in the California media. Gay men, young pretty women, minorities, and those with handicaps that limit their ability to defend themselves are essential to building this picture that gun owners are more dynamic than angry white men. This must be a component of every media contact, including the press release.

It is not enough to wave a protest sign in the camera- promotional materials (like a large banner, pamphlets) should have an easy to read website where viewers can get more information and get involved in contacting their representatives. (Yes, more letter writers...if you want to be seen, it must be by people who can take meaningful action.)

If this is to be a sucess and earn support from the wider gun community in California, organization cannot rely solely on asking people just to show up to concentrate numbers... it must be tailored to illustrate that gun owners are not just diverse but need the protection of their civil rights.

Yes this is what we are pushing for. Right now we are organizing through FaceBook. As such I am proposing to disseminate materials which have accurate facts, and a consistent message.
The fact is as far as DiFi's legislation is concerned we only have ideas, not the actual bill text yet. As far as we know it is to be released on January 22nd. We have seen other garbage being submitted by folks in Illinois, and New York City. If this is anything like those bills we will have a lot to worry about.
I realize your concern, but the reality is we will never get something to be perfect.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM

Really ! What time would you suggest ?

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM

I agree..
@ CitaDeL Lets see Calgun.net, the SAF etc etc all work towards our gun right. CalGun.net is dedicated specifically to gun rights within California. So I think the real question based on your comment is what the heck are you doing on this forum???? :oji:

Now is the time... DiFi is pushing new legislation that isn't just about AR-15's, it is about every modern pistol and rifle made today.
Leland Yee WILL BE BACK to push his filth in Congress. So when should we protest, after the first law abiding citizen gives his life in defense f his freedoms? After 1000's are arrested like criminals? You tell me...

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Sanchanim, maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but having guest speakers who will address the rally members, is all important. I hope you will be able to find some key figures who will voice are concerns about the coming legislative action that will threaten our Second Amendment rights.

CitaDeL
01-06-2013, 1:19 PM

At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.

I agree..
@ CitaDeL Lets see Calgun.net, the SAF etc etc all work towards our gun right. CalGun.net is dedicated specifically to gun rights within California. So I think the real question based on your comment is what the heck are you doing on this forum???? :oji:

Now is the time... DiFi is pushing new legislation that isn't just about AR-15's, it is about every modern pistol and rifle made today.
Leland Yee WILL BE BACK to push his filth in Congress. So when should we protest, after the first law abiding citizen gives his life in defense f his freedoms? After 1000's are arrested like criminals? You tell me...

Oh. So, because I disagree with your desire to shake a sign at the Capitol, my presense at a pro-gun website must be suspect? Please enlighten me, how was SB249 stopped without a crowd of angry gunowners storming the Capitol steps? Where were the sign wavers then? Were they holding up their sign at Leland Yee's presser (ALA 'Code Pink' during Wayne LaPierre's NRA press conference)? Nope. They were tearing up the phones and fax lines.

I will tell you what I am doing here. I'm herding cats. I'm trying to get them to think before they act and trying to make sure they dont sh*t in the sandbox.

Yes, now is the time to take action, but too many overestimate the effectiveness of free speech protests inside enemy territory where the media, law enforcement and the legislature look at gunowners as a loony, insignificant, and impotent political faction. Our time, resources, and money are better spent on doing things that are proven to get results- not things that get you ridiculed on the evening news or make you feel better for waving a flag in defiance of an opponent that thinks nothing of you.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 1:20 PM
Sanchanim, maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but having guest speakers who will address the rally members, is all important. I hope you will be able to find some key figures who will voice are concerns about the coming legislative action that will threaten our Second Amendment rights.

We are trying.. If anyone knows anyone please let me know. I am not as well connected as I would like.

Tripeaks69
01-06-2013, 1:27 PM
I'm 5 blocks away from the Capital and I'm in. And it's my BIRTHDAY!!! No better way to celebrate!

Happy Birthday in advance, youre going to get a big birthday celebration this year with thousands of freedom-lover friends

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 1:30 PM
At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.

Oh. So, because I disagree with your desire to shake a sign at the Capitol, my presense at a pro-gun website must be suspect? Please enlighten me, how was SB249 stopped without a crowd of angry gunowners storming the Capitol steps? Where were the sign wavers then? Were they holding up their sign at Leland Yee's presser (ALA 'Code Pink' during Wayne LaPierre's NRA press conference)? Nope. They were tearing up the phones and fax lines.

I will tell you what I am doing here. I'm herding cats. I'm trying to get them to think before they act and trying to make sure they dont sh*t in the sandbox.

Yes, now is the time to take action, but too many overestimate the effectiveness of free speech protests inside enemy territory where the media, law enforcement and the legislature look at gunowners as a loony, insignificant, and impotent political faction. Our time, resources, and money are better spent on doing things that are proven to get results- not things that get you ridiculed on the evening news or make you feel better for waving a flag in defiance of an opponent that thinks nothing of you.

Believe me I am all for writing faxing and emailing. Phone to voice one's opposition. This will not be a bunch of guys in camo dancing around with plastic AR's. We are trying to get the general public who could care less about gun rights to wake up. Many don't care or don't understand. As an example, my parents who were teachers for many years, and are highly educated, are completely mislead by main stream media and are totally misinformed. If they watch the news and see me speak they will be informed.

I do fear with a 2.3 majority in the new state congress our jobs will be much more difficult. However we are not alone, we are planning protests on many other states same day. This should help force the national discussion.

So whether we want to stand with signs, or write or email, or call these are all legal methods for each of us to voice are grievance and should be supported by all. So me questioning you being on this site stems from the academic ideal that any method to voice our grievance should be excepted and encouraged.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 1:33 PM
Happy Birthday in advance, youre going to get a big birthday celebration this year with thousands of freedom-lover friends

Ha we might need to waltz on over towards old town after fro drinks!!

Tripeaks69
01-06-2013, 1:45 PM

Invite any or all of the Pro 2A representatives to CA Legislature, most likely the Republicans to speak to the crowd.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-06-2013, 2:12 PM

The focus is aimed nation wide on every State Capitol with protest directed towards the federal government.

Why ?

President Obama on January 29 will give his State of the Union Address and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.

President Obama, in a press conference vowed to do "everything in my power" to advance proposals to reduce gun violence and will urged Congress to vote on measures banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines and requiring background checks before any firearm sale.

No Congressional Approval Needed

A president may also issue an executive order, which has the full effect of law and is directed to federal agencies that are charged with carrying out the order. Examples include Franklin D. Roosevelt's executive order for the internment of Japanese-Americans after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Harry Truman's integration of the armed forces and Dwight Eisenhower's order to integrate the nation's schools.

Here might be one example : President Obama orders A.T.F&E to pull any and all F.F.L. from gun dealers after June 1st. who sell an assault weapon or a magazine that has a capacity of over ten rounds.

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.

We have to act now to set the stage for whats to come. I hope you will join us CitaDeL .

Desperate times call for Desperate measures !

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 2:26 PM
Invite any or all of the Pro 2A representatives to CA Legislature, most likely the Republicans to speak to the crowd.

That might be an option, but there are not that many left these days lol

Tronite
01-06-2013, 6:15 PM
Sanchanim, here's the contact info from his post announcing his radio show:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
California GunTalk is for Us, the gun owner and a place were we can talk and discuss all the California gun topics. Please tune in if you can. If your not in the Santa Cruz / San Fran area, you can tune in live at KSCO.com. If your so inclined to chime in during the show you can call in at 831.479.1080 or send a email to wes@californiaguntalk.com

Also would love to hear what topics in the future that people would be interested in.

Wes Host
Santa Cruz Armory &
Host of California GunTalk
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 8:01 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
California GunTalk is for Us, the gun owner and a place were we can talk and discuss all the California gun topics. Please tune in if you can. If your not in the Santa Cruz / San Fran area, you can tune in live at KSCO.com. If your so inclined to chime in during the show you can call in at 831.479.1080 or send a email to wes@californiaguntalk.com

Also would love to hear what topics in the future that people would be interested in.

Wes Host
Santa Cruz Armory &
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome thank you!

Glock31B
01-06-2013, 8:15 PM
TAG!

soldierboy
01-06-2013, 8:23 PM
For anyone who is in SoCal and would like to carpool down and back I will be driving down and back.

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 8:38 PM
For anyone who is in SoCal and would like to carpool down and back I will be driving down and back.

Car pooling is a great idea!!!
I am near Sacramento, and I know how hard it is for folks in Southern California. Plus it is great for the environment too! ;)

G-Man WC
01-06-2013, 8:59 PM
This is a very important statment we need to make here and now.
To make this an effective and a notable event, I think:
It should take place during the week.
People should call in to work sick, and kids pulled from school to attend. We need everyone.
A few hundred or few thousand will be laughed at by the media bias.
The numbers need to be overwhelming but without the mob rules, occupy mentality.
The march should be on a major road near the capitol, shutting
it down for for maximum effect. Pull a permit like the leftist creeps
marching in SanFrancisco and Oakland while getting a free police escort.
Everything should be peaceful. Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g

Sivartius
01-06-2013, 9:06 PM
Hey, if anyone from Butte County wants to carpool get a hold of me.

snorky
01-06-2013, 9:37 PM
Is there any possibility that this could be moved to Sunday the 20th?

Dantedamean
01-06-2013, 9:43 PM
Damn, I live in Covina, it's about a 8 hour drive for me ( I think). I will do my best to be there.

thrasherfox
01-06-2013, 9:55 PM
I am about 4 hours away but I should be able to make it.

Mercenetti
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Ill be there

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
This is a very important statment we need to make here and now.
To make this an effective and a notable event, I think:
It should take place during the week.
People should call in to work sick, and kids pulled from school to attend. We need everyone.
A few hundred or few thousand will be laughed at by the media bias.
The numbers need to be overwhelming but without the mob rules, occupy mentality.
The march should be on a major road near the capitol, shutting
it down for for maximum effect. Pull a permit like the leftist creeps
marching in SanFrancisco and Oakland while getting a free police escort.
Everything should be peaceful. Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g

G-Man,
I agree, although many of us do not have the option of getting off during the week. While the current plan right now for this first rally is a Saturday, if the numbers are there and we get media involved, then I can assure you there will be more. There is also another protest, I believe scheduled for February 8th. That will be a mid week protest. Either way this is a starting point, it is something we can do right now.
I am working to see if we can get a local radio host there, and I am also attempting to make contact with someone from SAF as well. I would love to have tens of thousands of people, but this is a revolution, it might start small, but it will grow. Just because we can't make it an MLK million man march out the gate, but we will get there.
We hope to have a website up here shortly, so stay tuned, and I will update everyone as soon as I get the info!!

Sanchanim
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Damn, I live in Covina, it's about a 8 hour drive for me ( I think). I will do my best to be there.

Once we have our website up I will let you guys know.
I will be working with the two folks who started this and we will make sure there is a place to organize rides etc...

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Desperate times call for Desperate measures !

Rally !

To all Californians we need your help in distributing copy's of this Hand bill and give to friends and your local gun shops .

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z33/vanhahner/Rally_zpsdd22db92.jpg

Thanks, Van

CitaDeL
01-07-2013, 7:11 AM
Everyone should carry zip ties to use on the troublemakers that will try and disrupt this event.
My 2cents.
-g

Oh. This sounds suspiciously like an endorsement of plans for abduction or false imprisonment of troublemakers. Without a legal justification to arrest someone, this is just asking for a lawsuit regardless of whether the trouble maker is a someone who refuses to leave the camo at home or a Brady dissenter. Get a few more people on board with this and you can collect a conspiracy charge to boot.

CitaDeL
01-07-2013, 7:13 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z33/vanhahner/Rally_zpsdd22db92.jpg

:facepalm:

Only thing missing is the Wanted: Dead or Alive... With a picture of a politician.

G-Man WC
01-07-2013, 8:32 AM
Oh. This sounds suspiciously like an endorsement of plans for abduction or false imprisonment of troublemakers. Without a legal justification to arrest someone, this is just asking for a lawsuit regardless of whether the trouble maker is a someone who refuses to leave the camo at home or a Brady dissenter. Get a few more people on board with this and you can collect a conspiracy charge to boot.

I agree. But we will need people carrying video camara's so that patchouli oil
shenanigans are recorded and tactics exposed.
A person who makes a citizen's arrest could risk exposing him or herself to possible lawsuits or criminal charges – such as charges of impersonating a police officer, false imprisonment, kidnapping, or wrongful arrest – if the wrong person is apprehended or a suspect's civil rights are violated.
This is especially true when police forces are attempting to determine who an aggressor is.
The level of responsibility that a person performing a citizen's arrest may bear depends on the jurisdiction.
The reason I also suggest people calling in sick to work and pulling kids out of school is that the results of this action will be felt beyond the Sac protest.
In other words if my servers or ATMs go down, theyare not going to be serviced. If they go down, they stay down or are not repaired that day!
My son's school will not receive money for him not being in school that day from the state. Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet.
No justice - No peace :gnorsi:
I'm trying to go TFH or to the extream, but making people aware this is
a hugh national issue. I'm hoping that the crew from ASSULTED will be at the march to film for the upcoming documentary!
-g

otteray
01-07-2013, 8:33 AM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wes Host
Santa Cruz Armory &
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The show's guests this Wednesday night may have a comment on it, as well. :rolleyes:

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-07-2013, 9:16 AM
A reminder to all"

Concerning assault weapons and high capacity magazines and curtailing their use, I would like to remind you of their purpose.

The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions, for you see, there is no legitimate exception to the Second Amendment for military-style weapons, because military-style weapons are precisely what the Second Amendment guarantees in opposing enemies foreign and domestic and against disorder and tyranny within our country.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 9:33 AM

LMAO I tend to agree.
Having said that, if there are any Brady Bunch folks who attend they will have a chance to speak their peace.
I am all for civil discourse on the issue. Believe me I will have bulleted point to refute anything they might come up with, and who knows it might be fun!
Being able to refute their arguments with fact and case law will simply make them look like hysterical loons.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 9:38 AM
The show's guests this Wednesday night may have a comment on it, as well. :rolleyes:

Well you better believe I will have something to say about it! Yours truly will be a featured guest speaker on Wednesday this week and next running up to the rally.

smallshot13
01-07-2013, 10:20 AM
We are trying.. If anyone knows anyone please let me know. I am not as well connected as I would like.

Local radio Talk Show hosts Armstrong and Getty are great 2A supporters, and have turned out as guest speakers at many Capitol rally's. Talk 650, KSTE contact page of their web site: http://armstrongandgetty.talk910.com/pages/contact.html

smallshot13
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM
By the way, have you checked to see if a rally permit is necessary? http://capitolmuseum.ca.gov/detail.aspx?content2=2298&content3=1692

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Local radio Talk Show hosts Armstrong and Getty are great 2A supporters, and have turned out as guest speakers at many Capitol rally's. Talk 650, KSTE contact page of their web site: http://armstrongandgetty.talk910.com/pages/contact.html

I will follow up with them as well. Thank you for the information.

fortdick
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I have updated my original post.
NO CC or OC NO AIRSOFT or OTHER weapons that could be seen as a potential threat.
If I need to repeat it I will.

I would come, but I will not stand out there an obvious target for some anti gun whacko that would love to start shooting to prove a point. If I can't have a gun with me, I won't go. I am not going to be a victim.

You are asking for trouble if you make this a gun free assembly. If you make it known you are carrying, then no one will start any problems.

2Fowl
01-07-2013, 1:05 PM
Facebook link is not working..... I posted this on The Refuge Forums, and people said it's not working. Could someone please help with this?

Thanks.

2Fowl
01-07-2013, 1:25 PM
I'll see you on the 19th...:patriot:

2Fowl

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-07-2013, 2:00 PM
Sanchanim;

Today I gave out the Sacramento flyers to my local gun shops in my area and was pleased by their responses. One of the owners said as he shook my hand,
"Thank you so much, somebody is finally doing something for gun rights!" another said, "I just heard about this on the internet, you bet I will display this!"

On another note, I saw this statement and thought it was worth repeating.

"The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to be noneffective, then all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement when they too are taken away."

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 2:49 PM
I would come, but I will not stand out there an obvious target for some anti gun whacko that would love to start shooting to prove a point. If I can't have a gun with me, I won't go. I am not going to be a victim.

You are asking for trouble if you make this a gun free assembly. If you make it known you are carrying, then no one will start any problems.

If you have a CCW, please contact the capital CHP or Sacramento PD. If it is verified that within capital park you are ok to carry, I don't mind. My only concern is that capital park and or the capital it's self is a gun free zone. So in that instance I would hate for there to be an incident where someone is detained because of it.
Please do post your findings, as far as I am concerned if it is legal it is ok by me!

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 2:51 PM
Sanchanim;

Today I gave out the Sacramento flyers to my local gun shops in my area and was pleased by their responses. One of the owners said as he shook my hand,
"Thank you so much, somebody is finally doing something for gun rights!" another said, "I just heard about this on the internet, you bet I will display this!"

On another note, I saw this statement and thought it was worth repeating.

"The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations serve to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to be noneffective, then all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement when they too are taken away."

Thanks for the update, and I love the quote! Do we have source as to where that is from?

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 2:53 PM
Facebook link is not working..... I posted this on The Refuge Forums, and people said it's not working. Could someone please help with this?

Thanks.

Try this link then go to the events section!
https://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime

Blake760
01-07-2013, 3:03 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in attending a 2A rights protest unarmed? Before you start, yes I understand the possible implications, "if everyone was armed...laws were written....blah...blahh." It just boggles my mind to think that essentially, we've already lost our 2A right for it's intended purpose. To oppose a tyrannical governement.
Makes me wonder "What Would Thomas Jefferson Do?" WWTJD.

Dantedamean
01-07-2013, 3:58 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in attending a 2A rights protest unarmed? Before you start, yes I understand the possible implications, "if everyone was armed...laws were written....blah...blahh." It just boggles my mind to think that essentially, we've already lost our 2A right for it's intended purpose. To oppose a tyrannical governement.

Ya but unfortunately we don't want to give the antis any more ammo to use against us.

Think of this like getting a new stray dog. You don't want to just charge at him and give him a big bear hug, your going to get bit. You need to let him sniff your had for a bit then pet him on the head.

We show up in full tac gear, rifles in hand, well scare off the people we need to bring to our side. However we show up, look and act like normal people here to educate and voice our opinion, we will win over a lot more people.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 4:10 PM

@Blake.
My main concern since this is not Idaho or something is that CCW within capital park area might be illegal. That being said I do not have confirmation.
I would also hate for our participants to be harassed because a disgruntle LEO said someone was printing, even though they may not have.

thrasherfox
01-07-2013, 4:12 PM
I just called the CHP. they have ultimate authority for the area.

He is going to call me back tomorrow in regards to possesing a firearm during the protest. he said there were some laws that took effect Jan 1st that he needs to check on.

He said typically however firearms are not allowed INSIDE of the building except for law enforcement of course. but outside the building it is not a problem. however because this is a peacful protest and a permit is involved he just needed to verify that there are no issues with CCW's holders. He agreed having a peacful Pro 2A event but not bringing your firearm if you are legal to bring it does not mesh.

The permit is free and can be downloaded from the web site. He said it just needs to be filled out and emailed to him.

A really nice guy, he said he has sort of heard of this, he asked me the date and I told him that it was set for Jan 19th which is a Saturday but there was a question as to if it should be held during the week. I agreed and recommended we hold it during the week. he said we will get a lot more attention if we do it during the week during business hours.

I took it upon myself to make this call, however too many chiefs is not a good thing. So whoever is running this let me know how involved you want me. I can handle the permit issue, filling out, submitting it. making phone calls to the local law enforcement offices to ensure they are aware and kind of smooth the road a little you might say.

I feel the more the LEO's are aware and involved the more support we can get from them.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 4:27 PM
I just called the CHP. they have ultimate authority for the area.

He is going to call me back tomorrow in regards to possesing a firearm during the protest. he said there were some laws that took effect Jan 1st that he needs to check on.

He said typically however firearms are not allowed INSIDE of the building except for law enforcement of course. but outside the building it is not a problem. however because this is a peacful protest and a permit is involved he just needed to verify that there are no issues with CCW's holders. He agreed having a peacful Pro 2A event but not bringing your firearm if you are legal to bring it does not mesh.

The permit is free and can be downloaded from the web site. He said it just needs to be filled out and emailed to him.

A really nice guy, he said he has sort of heard of this, he asked me the date and I told him that it was set for Jan 19th which is a Saturday but there was a question as to if it should be held during the week. I agreed and recommended we hold it during the week. he said we will get a lot more attention if we do it during the week during business hours.

I took it upon myself to make this call, however too many chiefs is not a good thing. So whoever is running this let me know how involved you want me. I can handle the permit issue, filling out, submitting it. making phone calls to the local law enforcement offices to ensure they are aware and kind of smooth the road a little you might say.

I feel the more the LEO's are aware and involved the more support we can get from them.

That would be me... If you have time to do this that would be awesome. I am busy with PR at the moment and trying to get the word out. So far the response has been positive!
You can email me at dsilver668@gmail.com
I have bowling tonight so probably won't get back to you until later, but please if you can that would help a TON!!!

thrasherfox
01-07-2013, 5:17 PM
That would be me... If you have time to do this that would be awesome. I am busy with PR at the moment and trying to get the word out. So far the response has been positive!
You can email me at dsilver668@gmail.com
I have bowling tonight so probably won't get back to you until later, but please if you can that would help a TON!!!

Ok. i will handle getting the permit and coordinating with law enforcement. When i find out the scoop on the ltc I will pass it on here and email you.

My email address is thrasherfox@gmail.com

I need to get flyers and start passing them out around my area (kings county)

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-07-2013, 7:50 PM
Sanchanim:

Since we already have the flyers for the 19th and it will be a Saturday, we might be able to get a California pro gun legislator as one of many guest speakers ?

Who do we have that Calguns can recommend ?

strangerdude
01-07-2013, 8:03 PM
Anyone attending this should keep a look out for agent provocateurs, these are undercover cops that make peaceful protest become violent.

CitaDeL
01-07-2013, 8:07 PM
Sanchanim:

Since we already have the flyers for the 19th and it will be a Saturday, we might be able to get a California pro gun legislator as one of many guest speakers ?

Who do we have that Calguns can recommend ?

Speakers? Meaning you will have a podium, microphone, and a sound system with an operator so everyone can hear them?

And how many guest speakers do you already have scheduled, with just 12 days to organize their sequence and time, review the content of their speech, and notify media?

hoffmang
01-07-2013, 8:12 PM
This has extremely limited upside and nearly unlimited downside.

If you were to get on a plane and do this in Washington DC it *might* have some value. Marching on Sacramento is unlikely to create anything but b-roll that anti-gun politicians will get local TV affiliates to use against us.

Instead you should show up on a day the assembly and senate are in session, wear a suit and tie or equivalent female attire, and demand to meet with your representatives (who in many places in California despise you.)

Same effort, much better outcomes.

-Gene

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
This has extremely limited upside and nearly unlimited downside.

If you were to get on a plane and do this in Washington DC it *might* have some value. Marching on Sacramento is unlikely to create anything but b-roll that anti-gun politicians will get local TV affiliates to use against us.

Instead you should show up on a day the assembly and senate are in session, wear a suit and tie or equivalent female attire, and demand to meet with your representatives (who in many places in California despise you.)

Same effort, much better outcomes.

-Gene

We have considered both options. There is another protest planned for mid week as well. This one was a compromise. We are working to get media notified and involved. You are correct, there is plenty of down side to everything, just look how they tore into the NRA.
The upside is we are starting to do something. We seem to be growing in strength everyday. As far a dress code yes I will be dressed for business.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Speakers? Meaning you will have a podium, microphone, and a sound system with an operator so everyone can hear them?

And how many guest speakers do you already have scheduled, with just 12 days to organize their sequence and time, review the content of their speech, and notify media?

I have one at the moment and working on a few others. We want to convey a constant message, and get some coverage. The 19th is gun appreciation day as well so this can fit in as part of it.

Sanchanim
01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
@Gene, I wish we could have some sort of million man march on DC. Yes it would make an impression, but for all of us to sit in our homes and wait for them to come and take our property is exactly what they want us to do.
With the legislation they are trying to ram through at the state and local level, not doing anything because we might screw up means they win. Yes there are down sides, but we are not a bunch of camo clad nut jobs dancing around our AR's! We are normal everyday citizens.
CalGuns has been at the forefront of fighting the battle in the golden state, and it has been one we have been continuing to fight. Compared to many other states we behind the eight ball. With a 2/3 democratic congress due up the chance of us seeing a renewed push on citizen disarmament is enormous.
Believe me I am the last person to be like Ted Nugent and have an NRAgasim right there in front of the cameras. We need to have intelligent civil discourse on the facts, and repeat those facts as they dismantle the the antis logic.

hoffmang
01-07-2013, 11:46 PM
The open carry folks chose not to take advice. Twice. Two bills later.

This isn't that bad, but I'm saying that it doesn't have the ingredients needed for success.

Shooting oneself in the foot is also "doing something."

-Gene

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 1:08 AM
First, I admire your drive to do something. Just please be very careful and do your homework. Some of the people popping-off on this thread about: not taking part unless they can CCW, that taking part without CCWing is asking for trouble, about wearing empty holsters, etc. etc. give me grave concern that such an event might well do more harm than good. Just look at your poster. As designed it will downright scare and antagonize people. Whoever designed it just doesn't understand public relations.

In any event good luck to you all and godspeed.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 8:39 AM
First, I admire your drive to do something. Just please be very careful and do your homework. Some of the people popping-off on this thread about: not taking part unless they can CCW, that taking part without CCWing is asking for trouble, about wearing empty holsters, etc. etc. give me grave concern that such an event might well do more harm than good. Just look at your poster. As designed it will downright scare and antagonize people. Whoever designed it just doesn't understand public relations.

Ha actually I designed it. I was messing around with ideas, and the group liked it. Yes I get the whole gun thing... Then again I am not trying to cater to folks who would be afraid of that type of symbol anyways. This isn't about attracting Hopolops it is about attracting people of the gun. As far as CCW it is like I said, if it is legal and you have a permit fine, you are CCW so I won't even know it is there right???
The empty holster thing.. That is a non aggressive symbol of disarmament. People in other states can carry, but why can't we? We aren't waving rifles in the air, or anything crazy. It is a legal and personal choice.
We are attempting to get more guest speakers. We want to put intelligent thought into this rally. This isn't going to be a bunch of sound byte slogans being shouted for four hours. I emailed CalGuns to see if any of them may wish to speak. Yes I know it is a Saturday, but any news coverage is news coverage. It is a start and I personally want the message to be delivered properly to the people. Not just us, but to California citizens in general.

@ Gene, yes I know you can shoot yourself in the foot.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 9:34 AM
Just look at your poster. As designed it will downright scare and antagonize people. Whoever designed it just doesn't understand public relations.

Like any good book, literary publishers will tell you that the first page must have a "hook", something that will snag the reader's attention into turning the next page.
Sanchanim flyer is targeted for grabbing the attention of gun owners, posting anything less might have the same effect as hanging a flyer for a garage sale.

If you look at 90 percent the retail gun magazines on the rack, they will usually sport some type of a AR configuration on the cover (can you guess why?). Now if the whole AR thing scares you then you really need to consider what this protest is all about, because the main focus will be about the government taking away our Assault weapon and high capacity magazines and anything else that looks evil on a nation wide scale.

CitaDeL
01-08-2013, 9:44 AM
Ha actually I designed it. I was messing around with ideas, and the group liked it. Yes I get the whole gun thing... Then again I am not trying to cater to folks who would be afraid of that type of symbol anyways. This isn't about attracting Hopolops it is about attracting people of the gun. As far as CCW it is like I said, if it is legal and you have a permit fine, you are CCW so I won't even know it is there right???
The empty holster thing.. That is a non aggressive symbol of disarmament. People in other states can carry, but why can't we? We aren't waving rifles in the air, or anything crazy. It is a legal and personal choice.
We are attempting to get more guest speakers. We want to put intelligent thought into this rally. This isn't going to be a bunch of sound byte slogans being shouted for four hours. I emailed CalGuns to see if any of them may wish to speak. Yes I know it is a Saturday, but any news coverage is news coverage. It is a start and I personally want the message to be delivered properly to the people. Not just us, but to California citizens in general.

@ Gene, yes I know you can shoot yourself in the foot.

I have concluded the following;

1) You are so focused on your goals, you will not listen objectively to sound advice. (Not only from the Chairman of the Calguns Foundation, but from one of the 'open carry' people that sees and shares his reasoning.)
2) You are so enamoured with your plan, you do not recognize the faults of how it is being marketed to the general public or the gaps between your abilities and the necessary elements of making something like this a sucess.

There is nothing that we can do or say to convince you otherwise. All we can do is observe. And when it is done, and the sound bites and gun owner stereotypes are pumped out there in the media, our analysis will be precisely the same and nothing will have been gained aside from a social interest blurb in the newspaper mocking gunowners.

CitaDeL
01-08-2013, 9:54 AM
Like any good book, literary publishers will tell you that the first page must have a "hook", something that will snag the reader's attention into turning the next page.
Sanchanim flyer is targeted for grabbing the attention of gun owners, posting anything less might have the same effect as hanging a flyer for a garage sale.

If you look at 90 percent the retail gun magazines on the rack, they will usually sport some type of a AR configuration on the cover (can you guess why?). Now if the whole AR thing scares you then you really need to consider what this protest is all about, because the main focus will be about the government taking away our Assault weapon and high capacity magazines and anything else that looks evil on a nation wide scale.

So what you are saying is, that the design is intended to only appeal to those who are already gunowners or like the appearance of firearms...instead of the general public who might have an interest in civil rights - people who while not gun owners themselves, could see why gun owners might be concerned about the encroachment on self-determination, the right to self defense...

That is why the design fails... you dont know who you are appealing to, or even why you should be appealing to them.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 9:54 AM
hoffmang:

I know where you are coming from and I wish that you or Calguns would of step forward sooner in organizing a rally in Sacramento, but the fact is, that time is running out. Other pro gun rally's have already been organized in their states across the land, are we to wait till some "responsible" organization steps forward or just hope that the emails will be enough ?

We need this, if for anything else, that the voice of the people might be heard !

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally I wanted DiFi and Obama in Nazi SS uniforms, which is out of the play book from the JPFO but I thought that was a little overboard. :rolleyes:
See I compromised!

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 10:08 AM
So what you are saying is, that the design is intended to only appeal to those who are already gunowners

.......and the one's willing to fight for them !

G-Man WC
01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I have not read all of the posts in this thread.
Vanhahner444@hotmail.com, While I hope you mean well and your intentions genuine
on this urgent matter I'll ask the question that I'm not sure anyone has asked!
Who are you and with so few posts here on CG's why should the CG crowd 2A crowd buy into this lastminute unorganized protest/march? I salute you coming forward and I'm not saying your an anti Confederate, but we've had our share of trolls and moles.
I know it puts me on the fence in these turbulent times. Please understand where I'm coming from.
I'm not on Facebook or Twitter and can looking into or research someone's life and intrests.
-g

CitaDeL
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Originally I wanted DiFi and Obama in Nazi SS uniforms, which is out of the play book from the JPFO but I thought that was a little overboard. :rolleyes:
See I compromised!

Substituting one extreme image for another is not compromise. Neither appeals to the kinds of people that can actually help gun owners in California. (Not that you would know who they might be anyway.)

.......and the one's willing to fight for them !

Clever edit. You managed to crop out the meat of my comment. Do you really think that gunowners alone are sufficient to fight this battle when the state legislature is dominated with a 2/3rd democrat majority? Are they the only ones who will hear our call? You dont know, because you didnt try to connect with anyone else.

bob7122
01-08-2013, 10:25 AM
i am still surprised why the least effective form of voicing and fixing our gov't is still the most popular.

voting and winning battles in court are the our best bet gentlemen.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
i am still surprised why the least effective form of voicing and fixing our gov't is still the most popular.

voting and winning battles in court are the our best bet gentlemen.

You are right Bob, but look how that turned out for us with the new liberal super majority.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
@Hoffmang, and Citadel,
First off I am simply the organizer for the California state rally. The whole idea popped up on facebook and the date and time was already set by the time I was brought in. Right or wrong I am working with what I have. Sure I would love it if we have pro gun politicians and rock stars who can come and speak.
The flyer was put up here, and is being put up in gun shops. We are not handing them out on street corners. If that was the case then we would change what it looks like and how it was being marketed. You are correct, I am not ignorant in that sense, but this was put together to be stuck on the wall of a gun shop, or shared amongst gun owners.. I get what you are trying to say, but we have not branched out beyond the original core group. If we have follow up rallies then we could potentially reach out to grasp a full range of constitutional issues.
I am not enamoured with much of anything. In fact I wish i had more time, more resources. I am one guy who is going on the radio, posting in places like CalGuns, pulling permits, trying to get a mic, mic stand and speakers for our speakers. I don't have funds to simply rent things...
Like Vanhanhner stated. I would have loved to had a chance to work with folks who have resources where we could take the time to do things, have group meetings review our strategies. I get that.
To be honest, and nothing against the SAF or anyone, the best they could come up with is Gun appreciation day! Seriously???
I am not saying it is a bad thing, but really they are asking for you to go to your local gun shop and buy something, cough cough, have they been to a local gun shop lately??
They look like they are going out of business, there is nothing left on the shelves and what is there is stuff I don't need anyways!
They wanted to do this to make a point to the new administration? What do you think the 3 hour wait times are to get into gun shows are???
CalGuns, the SAF, NRA, none of them have stepped up to the plate to organize, and that is why we are loosing this battle. I am not saying that they don't do hard work, but lets be clear...
The citizen disarmament groups are organized, with funding and they rally the individual man. Besides spam and lots of asking for more money, to be honest I don't see the NRA doing that much for me.
You are right this could be a big flop. But we are gaining more and more steam here, coming into the final stretch. I am scared to death it will be a flop. I am not under any grand illusions. I am having trouble sleeping at night because I want this to be a success. If you want to help design alternate flyers, make suggestions for getting the word out please do.. I was asked to help out on a plan already in motion. It might not be the perfect or best plan, but it is what we have.. I am trying my best, and hopefully wont shoot myself in the foot in the process.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Vanhahner444@hotmail.com, While I hope you mean well and your intentions genuine
Who are you and with so few posts here on CG's why should the CG crowd 2A crowd buy into this lastminute unorganized protest/march? I salute you coming forward and I'm not saying your an anti Confederate, but we've had our share of trolls and moles.
I know it puts me on the fence in these turbulent times. Please understand where I'm coming from.
I'm not on Facebook or Twitter and can looking into or research someone's life and intrests.
-g

@ G-Man, you certainly don't have to buy into anything. I personally contribute to www.thetruthaboutguns.com. I am not much active in other places. The Gun Control=More Crime group sprang up rather late. I admit it..

I was interested and was asked to lead the group for California.
We know darn well that these are scary times. My push is going to be to discuss guns, and crime. Give stats and facts on what our administration wants to do.

I don't know if Gene read any of the legislation that was being rammed through committee in Illinois. It was garbage. I mean my 13 year old could have written something better than that. And that in a nut shell is what scares me.

This administration and it's pundits are pushing to do something RIGHT NOW! They aren't taking the time to sit and really analyze the issue. If they did they would realize that the tragedy that was Connecticut was rare, extremely rare.. But they are using the emotion and timing to push their agenda. They would also realize that pushing through a new AWB will do nothing. But they want to show they are doing something, anything...

So if Gene wants to speak or have a speaker come to Sacramento we would be excited. It might be a small rally, but we want to get the right message out. We want to bring it to the forethought of those who might simply think it is not important. Sure they probably won't be present at the rally, but if we get media coverage, etc. It will be a starting point.

SoCal326
01-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I trust and respect Genes judgement when it comes to preserving our rights. Because of this, I will not consider attending this event.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Substituting one extreme image for another is not compromise. Neither appeals to the kinds of people that can actually help gun owners in California. (Not that you would know who they might be anyway.)

Clever edit. You managed to crop out the meat of my comment. Do you really think that gunowners alone are sufficient to fight this battle when the state legislature is dominated with a 2/3rd democrat majority? Are they the only ones who will hear our call? You dont know, because you didnt try to connect with anyone else.

CitaDel relax you know I was joking right hence the rolyeyes??

You are right with a 2/3 majority we are in for a rough ride of things.
One of the issues I have noticed, and this is simply my observations. You have gun owners. They generally know the difference between an AR-15 and an AK-47. They know why you might like a revolver and not a semi automatic. They know what a semi automatic is.
Then you have your non gun owner. If it is black it is bad, semi auto and full auto are the same thing. That AR-15 my lord you can't hunt with that, that is only for killing children.

Now stop shaking your head because I know you are!!!
This is a blanket statement. Sure not everyone is like this, not by a long shot, but...... Non gun owners have no skin in the game, and many are misinformed. they have been drinking the coolaid from the MAIG, and Brady Campaign for way to long. I am not calling them stupid.
The real challenge is to educate them with facts. Get them to question what they have been spoon fed for so long. Then we can turn some of them around. Yet we will still have folks like Leland Yee. that man if he actually saw a semi automatic sporting rifle would probably turn and run screaming like a little school girl. No amount of education or knowledge will get him to change his position.

At that point we have guys like Gene that run CalGuns. They have to come in after the garbage bills are made law to fight for us. That takes months, even years. This rally which I am not in control of was setup to be specific regarding one thing, or at least focused on the specific area of gun legislation.

ScottsBad
01-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Is there another way to get information and get involved besides FaceBook? I have an FB account but I will not use it anymore because I don't support that creep Zuckerberg and his anti-gun buddies.

I wish supporters of 2A rights would stop supporting these anti-gun internet creeps by using their products.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Is there another way to get information and get involved besides FaceBook? I have an FB account but I will not use it anymore because I don't support that creep Zuckerberg and his anti-gun buddies.

I wish supporters of 2A rights would stop supporting these anti-gun internet creeps by using their products.

I believe they are trying to setup a regular web page, but running into a few issues. If would like to attend simply email me. This is grass roots. We don't have money, or connections, or fancy suits. I wish we did but we didn't.

We are starting to get air play and promotions. Rush Limbauge, yeah I know, nut case just gave the pitch and will do so through the 19th. I am hoping we can get others to advertise and pitch the event as well.

In all probability I will come back here on the 20th with my tail between my legs as a complete failure. I will tell Gene he was right.
But at least I will know I gave it my all. our message will be one of unity, and education. This is not a get out there and grand stand or point fingers. My hope is folks will take the time to listen.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I trust and respect Genes judgement when it comes to preserving our rights. Because of this, I will not consider attending this event.

SoCal that is your right, and I respect that. You will be missed.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 11:20 AM
-g

Not at all sir, if you were to type in your Google search vanhahner there are some 40 pages of my activity on the net.

Along with that, I'm the owner and founder of rifle-company.com which is in it's eight year. ( small forum dedicated to battle rifles) I'm also a member of
TeamM14/FALFiles/Marlin Firearms and Calguns.

I'm a retired Marine sergeant , who was a 3rd Marine Regimental Scout Sniper in Viet-Nam. My greatest achievement, is Being married to the same woman for 43 years and raising three wonderful kids.

As to why should the CG crowd 2A crowd buy into this lastminute unorganized protest/march?

Simply this:

"The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations guarantee to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to a state of non effectiveness, then you lose the guarantee and all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcing the guarantee, when they too are taken away."

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Not at all sir, if you were to type in your Google search vanhahner there are some 40 pages of my activity on the net.

Along with that, I'm the owner and founder of rifle-company.com which is in it's eight year. ( small forum dedicated to battle rifles) I'm also a member of
TeamM14/FALFiles/Marlin Firearms and Calguns.

I'm a retired Marine sergeant , who was a 3rd Marine Regimental Scout Sniper in Viet-Nam. My greatest achievement, is Being married to the same woman for 43 years and raising three wonderful kids.

43 YEARS!!! Wow now that is an accomplishment these days!!

To that end Many have stated that the response has been very welcoming. Words like it's about time, or other such phrases were used.

I respect Gene and what CalGuns does, but people need to rally together on this. We need to be proactive, not reactive. I am not blaming anyone, but like DiFi and friends have said now is the time to disarm citizens, now is the time to promote our cause and go on the offensive.

Gun owners in America a re unique. We come from all walks of life. We are rich, poor, gay, straight, Jews, Christians, Muslims, and just about every color under the rainbow. There is one single bond for us, and it is a pretty great one.
We are Americans...
Our rights and freedoms reaffirmed under the constitution and bill of rights allows us to remain freemen. We are inclusive within our community and tolerant. Tolerant to the point of remaining silent while other spread misinformation about us. We can not remain silent any longer.

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 12:00 PM

It's a bad design.

By looking at the poster I have no idea what the event will consist of. What is "Guns Across America" and "gun control = more crime?" I should know from the headlines of the poster about what's going to take place and who is in charge.

The graphic of the AR is hideous. Off the top of my head some crossed muskets and/or an American flag with a liberty theme would have been far more appropriate.

mkennedy009
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Better to carry your iPhone and film any disruptive acts. It is amazing how the media loves cell phone footage. Look at the middle east protests. Also Sac PD/Highway Patrol will use the footage to prosecute any offenders.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 12:23 PM
The confrontation in this thread reminds me of a young boy wanting to build a soap box to race in the derby that would take place the following Saturday. Asking his dad for help, He shows his dad the plan, but his father says the design won't work and walks away wishing him well.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
It's a bad design.

By looking at the poster I have no idea what the event will consist of. What is "Guns Across America" and "gun control = more crime?" I should know from the headlines of the poster about what's going to take place and who is in charge.

The graphic of the AR is hideous. Off the top of my head some crossed muskets and/or an American flag with a liberty theme would have been far more appropriate.

I agree, I think there could be much better graphics out there.
I was trying to find a black and white type simple image as apposed to color or a photograph. The reasoning is that I wanted something that could be printed on a black and white ink jet or laser printer and look close to original as hideous as that is. Now to that end I didn't make make up a full compliment of images, i.e. color high res low res etc.. This was done over a lunch break, and it was based off of a previous design which used a picture, not a low res image.

If anyone has any ideas, chime in please...
Gun Control=More Crime is the group. It is also the idea.
Guns Across America is the event. Those states which allow an encourage OC are doing so. Please before you freak this is with the express permission of the Sheriff overseeing the event. They don't panic like they do here in California.. :rolleyes: Heck in one area there will be a large contingent of LEO's attending the rally themselves!

We are in communication with the appropriate authorities, as well as obtaining permits so everything is lawful.

I do agree it is generic. But then again this was something I put together that other organizers can then supplement their own information for location and time etc.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Better to carry your iPhone and film any disruptive acts. It is amazing how the media loves cell phone footage. Look at the middle east protests. Also Sac PD/Highway Patrol will use the footage to prosecute any offenders.

Well if you plan on being there, bring a descent video camera.. ;)

The other thing we need to keep in mind, is we gun owners generally respect and hold our law enforcement officers in high regard. If anything any LEO's on hand will be there to protect us from the other nut jobs that might show up.

Now how do I get Tom Selleck and Clint Eastwood to show up??? :facepalm:

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 1:05 PM
The confrontation in this thread reminds me of a young boy wanting to build a soap box to race in the derby that would take place the following Saturday. Asking his dad for help, He shows his dad the plan, but his father says the design won't work and walks away wishing him well.

I am sure that when David went off to face Goliath, people thought he was a goner too... :rolleyes:

I get Gene's concern I really do. I remember those open carry protests where they would show up en mass to a Starbucks or something.

Just like when the NRA had their news conference. His statement regarding armed teachers was not new, revolutionary or without precedent. Unfortunately he did not mention the fact that Barbara Boxer wants governors the right to have National Guard troops in school, or that Bill Clinton put a program in place to put armed guards in school following the Columbine tragedy. He also did not mention the success of the Israeli government with putting armed teachers and security in their schools. That was done by a law requiring it, not as a free choice option.

The media simply lambasted Wayne LaPierre as crazy and out of touch. Why is that? How can we present the ideas as not crazy and back them up with facts.

M@chete
01-08-2013, 1:16 PM
Ya but unfortunately we don't want to give the antis any more ammo to use against us.

Think of this like getting a new stray dog. You don't want to just charge at him and give him a big bear hug, your going to get bit. You need to let him sniff your had for a bit then pet him on the head.

We show up in full tac gear, rifles in hand, well scare off the people we need to bring to our side. However we show up, look and act like normal people here to educate and voice our opinion, we will win over a lot more people.

+1, agreed. Most people are not going to understand the purpose of having a gun. Let those who want to know, be educated, then those who are against, let our actions speak for themselves, which means that (hoping) everyone who owns piece, up their game and practice more with their firearm for when it's time to act, people with see a need to protect themselves and others they love. Definitely, we are not looking to scare people, I think signs, some ccl's, and kind offers to teach and i think people will be more receptive to that.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 1:49 PM
+1, agreed. Most people are not going to understand the purpose of having a gun. Let those who want to know, be educated, then those who are against, let our actions speak for themselves, which means that (hoping) everyone who owns piece, up their game and practice more with their firearm for when it's time to act, people with see a need to protect themselves and others they love. Definitely, we are not looking to scare people, I think signs, some ccl's, and kind offers to teach and i think people will be more receptive to that.

Most people don't know the AR and AK platforms are over half a century old!
The idea of using expanding gas to make a rifle semi automatic is older than that. We need to try and reach out to people to educate them. Not brainwash them. If they don't like guns, fine, but right now in every state in the country our politicians are acting on the feeling of SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! That line of thinking regardless of what law or legislation we are talking about is the wrong attitude to take.

Excelsior
01-08-2013, 2:22 PM

I'm not so sure about that. One week from the day of your event I will be marching with 50K+ others down Market Street in SF for the annual Pro-Life March for Life West Coast.

One of the reasons I do it each year is that the event includes everyone -- pro-life families, college kids, high school and middle school groups, clerics, the elderly, people of absolutely all backgrounds. It is incredibly positive and at this point, rather awesome.

We march right through the belly of the beast like Sherman through Georgia but we do it with smiles and prayers. We don't do it with anger, profanity, confrontation and horrid graphics of aborted babies. You should experience both locals and tourists cheering us on from the sidewalks. The number of pro-abortion activists is minuscule in comparison.

Is your event reaching out to ALL or is it focused on bitter gunnies just itching to put themselves on display? I ask this in all sincerity because I think it's something you really need to ask yourselves.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 2:25 PM
What is the measurement of success ?

Converting the majority of California Legislators to pro gun ? Not going to happen !

Converting one California Legislators ? Probably not.

Success of the rally in my opinion would be:

To stress to all gun owners at the rally and the media on the importance of not diminishing or castrating the bill of rights or infringing on the law abiding citizen to defend his family and the Constitution by these handouts:

Concerning the issue of assault weapons and high capacity magazines and curtailing their use, I would like to remind you of their purpose.
The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions, for you see, there is no legitimate exception to the Second Amendment for military-style weapons, because military-style weapons are precisely what the Second Amendment guarantees in opposing enemies foreign and domestic and against disorder and tyranny within our country.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations guarantee to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to a state of non effectiveness, then you lose the guarantee and all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcing the guarantee, when they too are taken away.

If we can convey the importance of these two ideals to the S/A people in accordance with responding to their legislators and get one media at the event to print or report our message , then I would consider my trip to the rally worth while!

ARfan23
01-08-2013, 2:42 PM
Anyone attending this should keep a look out for agent provocateurs, these are undercover cops that make peaceful protest become violent.

More like mad FEDs, ... why the hell you think 'they' make you register simply to attend? Watched some movie the other night about how an undercover FED Rat entrapped two young adults into making firey cocktails and they both ended up getting charged with terror type **** … I personally don’t think the senator gives a ****ing **** about anything, except for what he wants. He will probably be blaring Chinese music in his office, and not giving a **** laughing at anyone who attends … No offense to Chinese people who don’t want to take your 2A.

ARfan23
01-08-2013, 2:52 PM
I bet if people started open carrying their rifles, that would get outlawed quite quickly as well (hence, no open pistol carry) ... Then again, what the hell is the point in having an unloaded firearm to protect yourself (and loved ones) with? LoL, can't even have a damn baionet in Cali ... Guess you could chuck the seven pound heap of metal at the perpentrator? ... Oh, not to mention basically NO ONE gets a CCW unless they are connected with the Sheriff ... So, its bascially a no CCW state either. To add, all one needs to do is request if an idividual has firearms, and the .gov with tell 'them'.

Blake760
01-08-2013, 3:22 PM
@SANCHANIM
Can you give us an update on any media personalities who have comfirmed attendance? I'll PM you links to a couple AM radio personalities here in SD that are pro-gun. Rick Roberts in particular has traveled to the capital several times. I think the last was to DC for the Fast and Furious hearings.

Blake760
01-08-2013, 3:22 PM
@SANCHANIM
Can you give us an update on any media personalities who have comfirmed attendance? I'll PM you links to a couple AM radio personalities here in SD that are pro-gun. Rick Roberts in particular has traveled to the capital several times. I think the last was to DC for the Fast and Furious hearings.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 3:43 PM
NBC Tuesday, Jan 8, 2013

California assembly member Nancy Skinner answered that call with a proposal to restrict ammunition sales in the state.

“2,800 people in California were killed last year by gunfire," Skinner said. "It is easier to buy bullets than cough medicine or alcohol. It should not be that easy. We need to have much more scrutiny when it comes to the purchase of guns."

Monday she unveiled Assembly Bill 48. It would require bullet buyers to show identification. It would also require ammunition dealers to be licensed and report all sales to the department of justice.

Emmeryville police chief Ken James supports the tighter restrictions.

”Right now you can buy bullets in any store and the sale is not recorded”, James said. "Gun violence will continue unless we control the sale of bullets."

Oakland mayor Jean Quan also said she supports the bill and that Oakland has seen too much gun violence and the changes may help.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 4:12 PM
I'm not so sure about that. One week from the day of your event I will be marching with 50K+ others down Market Street in SF for the annual Pro-Life March for Life West Coast.

One of the reasons I do it each year is that the event includes everyone -- pro-life families, college kids, high school and middle school groups, clerics, the elderly, people of absolutely all backgrounds. It is incredibly positive and at this point, rather awesome.

We march right through the belly of the beast like Sherman through Georgia but we do it with smiles and prayers. We don't do it with anger, profanity, confrontation and horrid graphics of aborted babies. You should experience both locals and tourists cheering us on from the sidewalks. The number of pro-abortion activists is minuscule in comparison.

Is your event reaching out to ALL or is it focused on bitter gunnies just itching to put themselves on display? I ask this in all sincerity because I think it's something you really need to ask yourselves.

I agree, in that we are trying to make this a family event. Many have emailed me saying they are bringing their kids and wives, or husbands as it were.
This is not some stomping or screaming rally. This needs to be one of hope and change.. Gosh I just cringed writing that... :rolleyes:
My goal of this as some have stated to to try and get the media to report it. We need people to attend. To be honest this also has to do with education of us! The gun owners of America. We have sat here and let the bloody t-shirt waving gun control groups frame the argument in such a way that people are willing from an emotional level to simply go right along with their ideas.
So we need to start being heard. Maybe I won't get 10,000 attendees, or have major news coverage break in on CNN. It would be nice, but the reality is we need to provide information and ideas addressing these tragedies which support our ideals. We can't be threatening, or demand much of anything. Remember on the state level we are behind the eight ball. On the federal level we have only the GOP majority in the house to save us. If the administration uses an executive order to implement something, it will get ugly, and Gene and others will have their work cut out for them.
I spent many an hour explaining to my anti gun parents about what the second amendment is. I have also had to teach them a little bit of history about firearms and their technology. Now they are not life time NRA members, far from it, but they certainly have a better understanding about things. They also are able to see through a but of the rhetoric of the citizen disarmament groups now. That to me is a success.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 4:13 PM
@SANCHANIM

I only have Wes Host agreeing to be there at the moment.
Working on the links you sent me as well.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 4:15 PM
NBC Tuesday, Jan 8, 2013

California assembly member Nancy Skinner answered that call with a proposal to restrict ammunition sales in the state.

“2,800 people in California were killed last year by gunfire," Skinner said. "It is easier to buy bullets than cough medicine or alcohol. It should not be that easy. We need to have much more scrutiny when it comes to the purchase of guns."

Monday she unveiled Assembly Bill 48. It would require bullet buyers to show identification. It would also require ammunition dealers to be licensed and report all sales to the department of justice.

Emmeryville police chief Ken James supports the tighter restrictions.

”Right now you can buy bullets in any store and the sale is not recorded”, James said. "Gun violence will continue unless we control the sale of bullets."

Oakland mayor Jean Quan also said she supports the bill and that Oakland has seen too much gun violence and the changes may help.

Please post a link to the bill text or announcement if you have it, I will get the word out ASAP.

sfpcservice
01-08-2013, 5:55 PM

I think there is validity to both sides here, but why do you think the NRA is such a huge target??? Because they are such a huge success! Calguns and the SAF are equally successful but aren't on the national stage. I respect your protest and admire the enthusiasm. My 2 cents says to donate to NRA, CGF or SAF.

The people who really make decisions in this country don't have to protest, they get lawmakers to do what they want the old fashioned way. Neither do we, donate to one of the above organizations.

sfpcservice
01-08-2013, 5:57 PM

I think there is validity to both sides here, but why do you think the NRA is such a huge target??? Because they are such a huge success! Calguns and the SAF are equally successful but aren't on the national stage. I respect your protest and admire the enthusiasm. My 2 cents says to donate to NRA, CGF or SAF.

The people who really make decisions in this country don't have to protest, they get lawmakers to do what they want the old fashioned way. Neither do we, donate to one of the above organizations.

sfpcservice
01-08-2013, 5:59 PM

sfpcservice
01-08-2013, 6:01 PM

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-08-2013, 6:14 PM
Please post a link to the bill text or announcement if you have it, I will get the word out ASAP.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Shooting-Prompt-New-Gun-Bill-185968592.html

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 6:50 PM
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Shooting-Prompt-New-Gun-Bill-185968592.html

Thanks.. I read the text of the bill and it is seriously scary.
They will from the looks of it project state law beyond it's boarders. As an example, if I buy 5000 rounds of ammo at wally world in Nevada, or order online at Cheaper than dirt, those company or people would be charged with a crime! Are you F#$%ing kidding me!!
Sure they might be trying to screw us, which is bad enough, but now they are trying to project their laws to others. That is just plain wrong!
Also standard blocked ten round PMags bye bye!!! Utterly ridiculous!
Although I give her credit, it was better written than the garbage coming from Illinois.

Spartan301
01-08-2013, 6:55 PM
My buddy and I drove from Apple Valley, California to Ft. Hunt National Park, Virginia for the "Restore the Constitution" Rally on April 19th 2010 with our California Republic flags! Pretty sure I can drive to Sacramento for this one!!!!! See you there!

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 7:32 PM
My buddy and I drove from Apple Valley, California to Ft. Hunt National Park, Virginia for the "Restore the Constitution" Rally on April 19th 2010 with our California Republic flags! Pretty sure I can drive to Sacramento for this one!!!!! See you there!

Sounds like a plan Spartan!

SiegeX
01-08-2013, 9:34 PM
This rally has me very concerned for all the reasons that Gene and Citadel pointed out, so I wont rehash those points here. There seems to be a lot of tunnel vision going on and since I'm quite certain that if Gene nor Citadel can sway you, then nor will I.

Perhaps, however, you will listen to yourself and grok the irony of the following quotes:

but right now in every state in the country our politicians are acting on the feeling of SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!That line of thinking regardless of what law or legislation we are talking about is the wrong attitude to take.

The upside is we are starting to do something. We seem to be growing in strength everyday.

Remember, you and everybody in attendance are representing every gun owner in America and therefore you hold OUR rights in YOUR hands.

As Yeats said "I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.". Now replace "dreams" with "rights" and hopefully you will understand the gravity of what you are about to partake in.

arkid
01-08-2013, 9:50 PM
Great idea guys! We have to stand up for our rights otherwise they will surely be taken away.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:25 PM
This rally has me very concerned for all the reasons that Gene and Citadel pointed out, so I wont rehash those points here. There seems to be a lot of tunnel vision going on and since I'm quite certain that if Gene nor Citadel can sway you, then nor will I.

Perhaps, however, you will listen to yourself and grok the irony of the following quotes:

Remember, you and everybody in attendance are representing every gun owner in America and therefore you hold OUR rights in YOUR hands.

As Yeats said "I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.". Now replace "dreams" with "rights" and hopefully you will understand the gravity of what you are about to partake in.

@Siege, Believe me I fully understand the undertaking, and the gravity of it. Let's assume that I get hit by a bus tomorrow, and people still show up on the 19th. We will want to make sure that they in fact have the proper message to deliver. We don't want to do more damage. We certainly do not want to go nuclear like an Alex Jones, or something like that. We are smarter than this. We will leave the tin foil hats at home. We will present ourselves as your neighbors, your teachers, and friends. We are no different than anyone else, but we choose to exercise a right. The right does not make us a criminal.
There are lots of things that I want to focus on which doesn't talk about magazines, or semi automatics. It has to do with out liberties and freedoms.
It has to do with our rights as Americans, and why we think this are being infringed, heck I can tie it to taxation if you want. We are going to do our best to control the information and the message as best as possible.
One thing I do know is we have many other capitals where this is taking place. I am feeding back to the organizers your concerns, as well as Gene's, and yes even CitaDel's. Just because you might not agree with our actions, it will go forward, even if I don't make it. Other Capitals and other organizers are involved.
Yes I do see the irony. I am honestly really tired. Law abiding gun owners have sat back and let the citizen disarmament groups run wild. We have not had a conversation, we have been lectured. I have sat back in the shadows and not been active, and it is enough. It is time for us to begin to organize ourselves as citizens, not just sending the money to the various groups. They do their best, but they can't do it all.
When Illinois had garbage legislation on the table their phones were so jammed, they couldn't work. Those were individuals calling in. We also need to organize our message and our ideas.
It was like I posted before, this might all be a disastrous flop, but I will be damned if I don't do my best to make it a success.

Sanchanim
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
I bet if people started open carrying their rifles, that would get outlawed quite quickly as well (hence, no open pistol carry) ... Then again, what the hell is the point in having an unloaded firearm to protect yourself (and loved ones) with? LoL, can't even have a damn baionet in Cali ... Guess you could chuck the seven pound heap of metal at the perpentrator? ... Oh, not to mention basically NO ONE gets a CCW unless they are connected with the Sheriff ... So, its bascially a no CCW state either. To add, all one needs to do is request if an idividual has firearms, and the .gov with tell 'them'.

Well we can't open carry in CA, even though it would be nice.
But not every state wets their pants when people have rifles out in the open. See the new report of an open carry armed, loaded protest! Everyone got along not issues, nothing broken, no shots fired... :cool2:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57451749/gun-advocates-protest-mich-teens-arrest-for-carrying-non-concealed-m-1-rifle/

DBoulant
01-09-2013, 1:22 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6957335808/hE1DEEA77/

My Long winded 2 cents.

I'm inclined to agree with the Gun-free pro-gun protest. If anything it will screw with detractors. I'd also agree with looking as non-militant as possible. Sensibility is key to winning support from those on the fence but open to our side. Explaining to someone that these laws are bad due to being ineffective, senseless/arbitrary, and a red-herring to real problems might very well garner that support easier than simply pointing at the 2A. Inclusivity over exclusivity and all that. The supporters of the restrictive legislation want to frame the discussion, it's up to us disassemble that argument (it's rather easy) and re-frame the discussion in a logical/sensible manner. Drown them in statistics from their own sources that dissolve their soapbox.

Invoking Godwin's law and comparing someone/something to 1930's Germany, especially in picture form, isn't going to help the cause at all. It's also stupid so don't do that. You'll end up on youtube and nobody really wants that.

A few years back Leeland Yee opposed a Shark Fin ban,

"Yee acknowledged that shark finning is an issue, but argued that there are ways to handle the practice other than completely banning their consumption, which he described as 'the latest assault on Asian cultural cuisine.'"

Yee also said "It seems that there are more and more examples where individuals or groups of individuals are trying to limit our heritage and our culture,”

That's quite a sensible argument for keeping something legal. I mean for a lot of us firearms are part of our heritage, for some a major fixture in our cultural identity. We should use it (with a Shark-fin-eating-grin on our faces, Yee called the shark fin ban 'racist' and later voted in favor of the Fois Gras ban...)

One more Yee Quote "This bill doesn't do anything for finning, because the federal government has already taken care of the problem,"

It's comical isn't it?

If you're having trouble walking in a straight line without the counterbalance, just fill your pocket with change for the meters.

Some statistics for those making banners/fliers. (I can do photoshop type stuff if you really need it, fair warning, it'll look like a concert poster)

As the "Assault Weapons" bans typically focus on those scary looking rifles with the thing that goes up I found the following information rather interesting. According to the FBI, for the year 2011, California had 45 known homicides by rifle and 101 by hands/fists/feet. Meaning that even if all 45 of those homicides were from center fire, semi auto, detachable magazine +1 feature rifles, the right "Bare Arms" did more harm than "Military style" rifles. Nationally the same numbers for 2011, which are lower than previous years, are 323 known homicides by Rifle and 728 known by Hands/Fist/Feet

Obviously we need to ban children, Grandfather in the current ones but make sure they're locked up and no open carry. Most murders are committed by someone who, at one point or another, was an infant with hands and/or feet.

If I do make it I'll be the one with the picket that states "What will you sacrifice to make me feel safe?" and probably the Yee quote on the back. Feel free to steal that idea.

Sources:
Yee Quotes:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-07/Calif-lawmakers-pass-bill-banning-shark-fin-trade/50291584/1
http://www.baycitizen.org/politics/story/leland-yee-opposes-shark-fin-bill/
http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2011/05/08/leland-yee-opponent-of-shark-fin-ban-voted-for-foie-gras-ban/

Homicide data by State:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

Homicide data by Weapon:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 7:06 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6957335808/hE1DEEA77/

My Long winded 2 cents.

I'm inclined to agree with the Gun-free pro-gun protest. If anything it will screw with detractors. I'd also agree with looking as non-militant as possible. Sensibility is key to winning support from those on the fence but open to our side. Explaining to someone that these laws are bad due to being ineffective, senseless/arbitrary, and a red-herring to real problems might very well garner that support easier than simply pointing at the 2A. Inclusivity over exclusivity and all that. The supporters of the restrictive legislation want to frame the discussion, it's up to us disassemble that argument (it's rather easy) and re-frame the discussion in a logical/sensible manner. Drown them in statistics from their own sources that dissolve their soapbox.

Invoking Godwin's law and comparing someone/something to 1930's Germany, especially in picture form, isn't going to help the cause at all. It's also stupid so don't do that. You'll end up on youtube and nobody really wants that.

A few years back Leeland Yee opposed a Shark Fin ban,

"Yee acknowledged that shark finning is an issue, but argued that there are ways to handle the practice other than completely banning their consumption, which he described as 'the latest assault on Asian cultural cuisine.'"

Yee also said "It seems that there are more and more examples where individuals or groups of individuals are trying to limit our heritage and our culture,”

That's quite a sensible argument for keeping something legal. I mean for a lot of us firearms are part of our heritage, for some a major fixture in our cultural identity. We should use it (with a Shark-fin-eating-grin on our faces, Yee called the shark fin ban 'racist' and later voted in favor of the Fois Gras ban...)

One more Yee Quote "This bill doesn't do anything for finning, because the federal government has already taken care of the problem,"

It's comical isn't it?

If you're having trouble walking in a straight line without the counterbalance, just fill your pocket with change for the meters.

Some statistics for those making banners/fliers. (I can do photoshop type stuff if you really need it, fair warning, it'll look like a concert poster)

As the "Assault Weapons" bans typically focus on those scary looking rifles with the thing that goes up I found the following information rather interesting. According to the FBI, for the year 2011, California had 45 known homicides by rifle and 101 by hands/fists/feet. Meaning that even if all 45 of those homicides were from center fire, semi auto, detachable magazine +1 feature rifles, the right "Bare Arms" did more harm than "Military style" rifles. Nationally the same numbers for 2011, which are lower than previous years, are 323 known homicides by Rifle and 728 known by Hands/Fist/Feet

Obviously we need to ban children, Grandfather in the current ones but make sure they're locked up and no open carry. Most murders are committed by someone who, at one point or another, was an infant with hands and/or feet.

If I do make it I'll be the one with the picket that states "What will you sacrifice to make me feel safe?" and probably the Yee quote on the back. Feel free to steal that idea.

Sources:
Yee Quotes:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-07/Calif-lawmakers-pass-bill-banning-shark-fin-trade/50291584/1
http://www.baycitizen.org/politics/story/leland-yee-opposes-shark-fin-bill/
http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2011/05/08/leland-yee-opponent-of-shark-fin-ban-voted-for-foie-gras-ban/

Homicide data by State:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

Homicide data by Weapon:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

That are some epic quotes!

DCRC
01-09-2013, 7:44 AM
I agree, act civil and dress normal (no camo). If any media coverage they will look for the fanatics.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 8:08 AM
If anybody who is coming could print out a large quantity of this quote, to be handed out, It would be much appreciated !

Preserving America's Freedom:

"The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. These limitations guarantee to protect the natural rights of liberty and property. They guarantee a number of personal freedoms, like freedom of speech and religion and the right to assemble , but if you remove or limit the Second Amendment to a state of non effectiveness, then you lose the guarantee and all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcing that guarantee, when they too are taken away."

thrasherfox
01-09-2013, 8:42 AM
For what it is worth, my input for jumping on this is I have too long sat by and watched other people fight for my rights. I have donated money to the cause, I have spread information. However at this time it is too big for me to sit idly by any longer not personally getting involved.

I saw on the news today where the whitehouse admited they are pushing this through as fast as possible while it is still on everyone's minds.

I.E. emotions are running high and they can get people to jump on the band wagon without reason.

All the anti gun people are protesting. How does it make us look if we dont do something similiar?

It either makes it look like there are not that many of us or we just dont care.

I dont like drama, I dont like conflict. But it is time I feel I need to get involved. There is too much at stake not to.

AyatollahGondola
01-09-2013, 9:26 AM
I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a permit issued already for this event, as far as the state capitol, and if so, which side of the capitol?

Dantedamean
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Fox news just called this "Gun appreciation day". They didn't say anything about protests yet.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 10:52 AM
For what it is worth, my input for jumping on this is I have too long sat by and watched other people fight for my rights. I have donated money to the cause, I have spread information. However at this time it is too big for me to sit idly by any longer not personally getting involved.

I saw on the news today where the whitehouse admited they are pushing this through as fast as possible while it is still on everyone's minds.

I.E. emotions are running high and they can get people to jump on the band wagon without reason.

All the anti gun people are protesting. How does it make us look if we dont do something similiar?

It either makes it look like there are not that many of us or we just dont care.

I dont like drama, I dont like conflict. But it is time I feel I need to get involved. There is too much at stake not to.

Thanks thrasherfox for your support ! The last thing I would want to ask myself, after they have taken everything away, is did I do anything to keep this from happening ?

mikestesting
01-09-2013, 11:05 AM
My wife and I plan on attending. We'll be dressed in business casual clothes and plan to have a poster board with a picture of my wife, me and our son with a caption that reads: "Families Support the 2A Too"

Any feedback regarding our plans? Good? Bad? Should I change anything?

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
My wife and I plan on attending. We'll be dressed in business casual clothes and plan to have a poster board with a picture of my wife, me and our son with a caption that reads: "Families Support the 2A Too"

Any feedback regarding our plans? Good? Bad? Should I change anything?

That's exactly what we want and again we thank you for your support !

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm a little unclear on this. Is there a permit issued already for this event, as far as the state capitol, and if so, which side of the capitol?

I'm sure Sanchanim will address these issues of: What, when, and where soon.
Right now he is buried in the myriad of details that follow with putting on a event like this. He is just one man with the world on his shoulders right now and scrambling to get help from those who would support this cause.

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM

This is in process. but it will get done.

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Listen folks this is moving very quickly. I am working the best I can.
Right now I am working with Wes Host from California Gun Talk to be a guest speaker.
I was also contacted by Nicki Stallard from Pink Pistols organization as well. We are an inclusive group and she has spoken at SAF rallies in the past.

UPDATE:
This is news happening right now people.
Nancy Skinner in her infantile wisdom is going after ammo and magazines.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/foghorn/california-new-bill-would-require-all-ammo-sales-reported-to-doj-ban-magazine-rebuild-kits/

Also Obama will use an executive order to disarm American citizens!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-vp-biden-threatens-executive-order-for-civilian-disarmament/

New York Governor Cuomo Civilian Disarmament Bills
You think they won't come for your guns! Look at this!!!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-new-york-governor-cuomo-civilian-disarmament-bills-drop-live-streaming/

I am not saying the sky is falling people but if it falls on our proverbial heads you heard it here first. While the goings on in NYC don't effect us directly, I am sure Gene can attest it will set a precedent which can then be used in other court case, or interpretation of the law.

pitbull30
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I won’t be able to make it. I do have one suggestion though, you guys need to spread the word a bit better. I visit this forum every day, but I only click on a few sub-forums of interest. I barely found this post last night after I saw its headline on the main page. I’m sure you can get more people to go if you get the word out more.

Flyingpants
01-09-2013, 1:06 PM
Okay, I am subbing to this thread to stay informed about the upcoming protest in Sacramento. I have been hoping that some event like this would eventually come around. I believe we need to be seen as well as heard.

thrasherfox
01-09-2013, 2:28 PM

I have contacted the CHP and they were supposed to call me back after verifying a few things. he hasnt yet.

Tonight when I go home I will fill out the permit and email it to them

tommyfly
01-09-2013, 2:48 PM
I have contacted the CHP and they were supposed to call me back after verifying a few things. he hasnt yet.

dont expect them to actually call you back.

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 3:06 PM

Awesome thank you!!!
If you send an email call them, they will be very helpful.
I am unfortunately stuck dealing with my business moving, publishing for www.thetruthaboutguns.com and this.. Oh yeah 6 kids too!
Tired.. Very tired!!!

AyatollahGondola
01-09-2013, 3:48 PM
dont expect them to actually call you back.

Actually, they're pretty good about that. Not especially snappy, but fairly reliable

AyatollahGondola
01-09-2013, 3:49 PM

You are bumping up against the notification timeline already.

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 4:02 PM

If you run into issues, please call me ASAP!!!
Or send me an email at dsilver668@gmail.com

2Fowl
01-09-2013, 5:16 PM
Everyone needs to spread the word...

MustangSteveGT
01-09-2013, 5:56 PM
Sent texts out to some friends around Eureka. I think I need to drop into a few local gun shops.

I'll do everything in my power to ensure at least I make it out there.

It's not enough to just sit around panic buying on the internet and talking about there's no hope. It's time to do something about it and put my money where my mouth is.
I totally concur with what has been said here about appearance and perception out there. Surely whatever liberal press this gets, they will try to skew what it's all about.

A protest can be an expression in favor of our constitutional rights or it can be transformed into an anti-gun piece of propaganda depending on how people look and act out there.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-09-2013, 6:27 PM
A protest can be an expression in favor of our constitutional rights or it can be transformed into an anti-gun piece of propaganda depending on how people look and act out there.

For all the P.C. advocates it's just,

Gun Appreciation Day !

guns4funca
01-09-2013, 6:36 PM
We will be in Sacramento capital building. And if you can not make it to the Sacramento capital building. Watch this video for more info. Thanks click this link and repost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

SpOoLiN'2
01-09-2013, 7:17 PM
For everyone who hasn't seen it. We're trying to get people out at every state capital on 19th at 12 noon. Here's the link. I hope I'm not there by myself, because we need numbers.... We need to stand up for our rights as Americans.
http://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

Taxidave
01-09-2013, 7:44 PM
I'll be there!

dieselpower
01-09-2013, 7:56 PM
I see news event coming...

SPUTTER
01-09-2013, 8:13 PM
Is this a Facebook think? Many of us don't use facebook

mag360
01-09-2013, 8:52 PM
Ill be there with my girlfriend. Trying to get more women there too.

E Michael
01-09-2013, 9:16 PM
Have your gf bring a slutty friendplease

Zimz
01-09-2013, 9:23 PM
I will be there if I can get off work.

rooster85
01-09-2013, 9:29 PM
I wish I could attend this with you guys. If there's something I can do, let me know.

Zimz
01-09-2013, 9:35 PM
This is being organized nation wide at the capitols of most states on the 19th. Please show your support for the 2A if you can. Oh and dress nice, no camo etc...

monk
01-09-2013, 9:46 PM
I'll deff try to be there. I'd also say no open carry of even toys. We need to be professional about this.

Sanchanim
01-09-2013, 9:59 PM
Sent texts out to some friends around Eureka. I think I need to drop into a few local gun shops.

I'll do everything in my power to ensure at least I make it out there.

It's not enough to just sit around panic buying on the internet and talking about there's no hope. It's time to do something about it and put my money where my mouth is.
I totally concur with what has been said here about appearance and perception out there. Surely whatever liberal press this gets, they will try to skew what it's all about.

Mustang, I completely agree. If you look on the FaceBook page, we are pushing for business casual, or suit and tie. No CAMO!!!
I completely understand Gene's concerns and I agree. We do not want to hurt the cause, no way no how..
We are there to show unity, and educate. Both to gun owners on how to frame the argument as well as to non gun owners as to why we are there.
This isn't just about guns, or what type of evil features you can have. It is about our liberties and how if you begin to infringe, or "define" or reduce eventually there is nothing left.
With the new threat of a bullet button ban, the magazine definitions in Nancy's bill, things are getting mighty dicey. To top it off Biden says Obama is ready to use Executive orders or actions. Regardless of whether or not that is legal or just, if passed it could make our lives pretty nasty until it works it's way through the courts. Of course this takes time, which we would prefer would not happen.
I feel like I have the world riding on my back, and believe me I want to make you all proud of our efforts, not some embarrassment, think Alex Jones.
I have made every effort to give feedback to our group based on comments by everyone here, especially Gene.

Darklord73
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM

bo2o
01-09-2013, 11:12 PM
i want to show my support. but la to sac....
road trip maybe....

phrogg111
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Is there a reason it's on a Saturday? Do the people in the capitol even get to be in the building on Saturday?

Is this at all affiliated with the February 8th march that does the same thing?

phrogg111
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Is there a reason it's on a Saturday? Do the people in the capitol even get to be in the building on Saturday?

dc2integra
01-10-2013, 1:53 AM
I wish I could show my support but im afganistan right now : (

Tasty
01-10-2013, 7:25 AM

Maybe because people work during the week and can't take a day off to participate? That's my best guess.

lgm118icbm
01-10-2013, 7:47 AM

Classy. :facepalm:

Decoligny
01-10-2013, 8:04 AM
Ill be there with my girlfriend. Trying to get more women there too.

You and your girlfriend will be there trying to get more women???

Jason_2111
01-10-2013, 9:10 AM

Since I can't attend, if a slutty friend shows up, please get pictures and share them. :)

I'd be there, but I'm running a build party.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Watch this video for more info. Thanks click this link and repost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

This Video should be posted global Wide in each forum on this site, along with flooding it on the internet for gun owners across the land to attend their rally's at their State Capitols !

Most of all your Semi military weapons will be effected if the Government AWB goes into effect. Californians will have allot to lose and if your relying on congress alone to stop it, Obama can launch a executive orders giveing the ATFE orders to pull all FFL's from gun dealers who do not comply.

Get the word out now !

tozan
01-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I am an old hippie looking guy and think it would be fun to dress acordingly as an old hippie with a poster with Freedom, a peace sign and guns on it... It would help show that all kinds of americans want to be free to own guns...

thrasherfox
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Awesome thank you!!!
If you send an email call them, they will be very helpful.
I am unfortunately stuck dealing with my business moving, publishing for www.thetruthaboutguns.com and this.. Oh yeah 6 kids too!
Tired.. Very tired!!!

No worries. I will have it emailed off tonight. The form is filled out but I need to print it out, sign it and scan it back in before I email it to them. I will follow up with a phone call to ensure they received it and all is good.

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Good old New York ? (Cuomo calls for tighter gun control.)

I was thinking, what would happen if on January 19th (Gun Appreciation Day) a large group of people with pro gun signs, showed up in the street on NBC Today's Show.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z33/vanhahner/Gunday.jpg

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
No worries. I will have it emailed off tonight. The form is filled out but I need to print it out, sign it and scan it back in before I email it to them. I will follow up with a phone call to ensure they received it and all is good.

Received, thank you for the phone call this morning.
I also received an email from the Sheriffs department that the permit application was received. I will forward to you...

biohazard53188
01-10-2013, 1:37 PM
I'll be there

tommyfly
01-10-2013, 3:03 PM
i would very much like to see a link to this thread posted, stickied, and locked in most of the other forums on this website. Ive ben seeing a lot of threads asking about this event popping up in other forums, and think it would be nice to see them all conformed into this one "Mega thread"

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 3:24 PM
i would very much like to see a link to this thread posted, stickied, and locked in most of the other forums on this website. Ive ben seeing a lot of threads asking about this event popping up in other forums, and think it would be nice to see them all conformed into this one "Mega thread"

You might wish to private message Gene to see if this can be done.

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 3:26 PM
I'll be there

We look forward to seeing you there!

MustangSteveGT
01-10-2013, 3:42 PM
Mustang, I completely agree. If you look on the FaceBook page, we are pushing for business casual, or suit and tie. No CAMO!!!
I was taking a look over the facebook link. Is there a California specific Guns Across America facebook event to subscribe to? I'd like to subscribe to it and then sent invites for the Sacremento event to all my facebook people.

mag360
01-10-2013, 3:44 PM
we will be there, dressed nicely, ready to respond if ask questions with "so you wan't gays to be bashed without being able to defend themselves"?

or "did martin luther king deserve to be disarmed"

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 4:27 PM
I was taking a look over the facebook link. Is there a California specific Guns Across America facebook event to subscribe to? I'd like to subscribe to it and then sent invites for the Sacremento event to all my facebook people.

Here is the FaceBook Link.
We don't have a CA only event, but we didn't feel we needed one. Folks are posting under the main event page, and I am often.

https://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime

fragthefreaks
01-10-2013, 5:35 PM
If you are 100% certain you can carry on the capitol property then by all means. I would just hate to see one of ours arrested because an LEO thought it was illegal.

I will be there, I will be unarmed because as yet I have not availed myself of my
privilege to carry a concealed weapon.

Our argument is that if we are disarmed, we will be left defenseless, is it not?

I question the wisdom of creating a "gun free zone" as defenseless as the Aurora movie theater which announced that status.
Do not underestimate the virulence of the Anti's hate for us and the 2nd Amendment. Many anti gun advocates have voiced their inability to understand owning a weapon without using it to kill someone they do not like. The plain truth is these people are admitting to a lack of control over their emotions.

Why shouldn't CC be allowed to those who hold a valid permit to do so? What in hell do you think CC is for? I would like to know that if some psycho decides to pull out a weapon and start gunning us down, he has an excellent chance of being stopped.

jacksonstev1
01-10-2013, 6:28 PM
Has anyone thought of EVERY Citizen carrying a copy of the constitution instead of a firearm?

Netzman
01-10-2013, 7:15 PM
Is anybody else planning on showing up at the capitol at noon next Saturday to support 2nd amendment rights?
I'm showing up with my family and will be wearing a suit, attempting to show the public the normal side of gun ownership.
I would suggest not wearing camo, or anything that could add fire to the bad stereotypes. But bodies on the ground is really what's needed.
Bring signs and don't bring your guns, it's on state property. EVEN if you have a CCW it's still illegal.

speleogist
01-10-2013, 7:37 PM
Here's to hoping you guys don't all get shot by dirtbag cops.

mag360
01-10-2013, 7:47 PM
Ill be there. You can ccw on the sidewalk iirc. Not on the grounds.

darthnugget
01-10-2013, 7:50 PM
I would not advise attending but if you must you should come wearing your best suit and be respectful

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 7:58 PM
Has anyone thought of EVERY Citizen carrying a copy of the constitution instead of a firearm?

That is an epic idea!

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 8:01 PM
I will be there, I will be unarmed because as yet I have not availed myself of my
privilege to carry a concealed weapon.

Our argument is that if we are disarmed, we will be left defenseless, is it not?

I question the wisdom of creating a "gun free zone" as defenseless as the Aurora movie theater which announced that status.
Do not underestimate the virulence of the Anti's hate for us and the 2nd Amendment. Many anti gun advocates have voiced their inability to understand owning a weapon without using it to kill someone they do not like. The plain truth is these people are admitting to a lack of control over their emotions.

Why shouldn't CC be allowed to those who hold a valid permit to do so? What in hell do you think CC is for? I would like to know that if some psycho decides to pull out a weapon and start gunning us down, he has an excellent chance of being stopped.

The issue we have is a legal one. There is no concealed carry on capital grounds. Now we are working with the local police department to get clarification. Is "grounds" the land around the capital as well or simply in the building. Depending on the response will determine our stance.

hylander
01-10-2013, 8:39 PM
I would not advise attending but if you must you should come wearing your best suit and be respectful

Why should we not attend ?

jesusfreak4x4
01-10-2013, 8:43 PM
We will be there. Invited several friends here in the Yuba-Sutter area. I also sent you an email about getting some flyers.
Roy

Tripeaks69
01-10-2013, 8:45 PM
Is anybody else planning on showing up at the capitol at noon next Saturday to support 2nd amendment rights?
I'm showing up with my family and will be wearing a suit, attempting to show the public the normal side of gun ownership.
I would suggest not wearing camo, or anything that could add fire to the bad stereotypes. But bodies on the ground is really what's needed.
Bring signs and don't bring your guns, it's on state property. EVEN if you have a CCW it's still illegal.

They're organizing it since last week. join them and be safe... We will see in TV. Im in So Cal, unfortynately, too far for me jon you guys. Bring a video camera and record the demonstration,

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=671159

CitaDeL
01-10-2013, 9:09 PM
Why should we not attend ?

It is on a day when the state house will be empty - the message we intend to send will not get to legislators unless they turn on the news.
Even when it is full, it is controlled by a 2/3rd democrat majority
Media will be sure to be there to detect the one camo-loving raving lunatic who will be elected the 'official spokesperson' of all California gunowners
If the media manages to engage one 'official spokesperson' for California gunowners, they will be compelled to get the other side of the story from those who believe guns are the bane of a civil society, in order to be fair and balanced.

I think Gene proposed a more prudent and effective use of this effort, to make the trip to the Capitol while legislators are there, dress the part, and lobby them in person.

mag360
01-10-2013, 9:42 PM
Well that's nice lets do that too. This is already happening so lets support it.

Zimz
01-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Don't pay any attention to CitaDel. He has some sort of beef with a national gathering and he does not seem to understand why we would want to take part. He will ramble on for a few pages if you let him. If you go to the announcement forum you will see a couple threads on this topic already.

This event is not intended for our state legislators as much as it is for our national representatives. The idea is to let Washington know that gun owners are in force in every state across the country and are willing to stand up and publicly defend our protected rights.

I for one will be there if I can get off work. Dress smartly, don't open carry('cus it's illegal now), keep your signs respectable.

CitaDeL
01-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Don't pay any attention to CitaDel. He has some sort of beef with a national gathering and he does not seem to understand why we would want to take part. He will ramble on for a few pages if you let him. If you go to the announcement forum you will see a couple threads on this topic already.

This event is not intended for our state legislators as much as it is for our national representatives. The idea is to let Washington know that gun owners are in force in every state across the country and are willing to stand up and publicly defend our protected rights.

I for one will be there if I can get off work. Dress smartly, don't open carry('cus it's illegal now), keep your signs respectable.

Actually, you misconstrue my view. I think this will play pretty well in states like Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and perhaps even in Washington D.C.

But in California, unless this demonstration is attached to one or all of the left's protected classes, the net political gain will be somewhere near slim and none. Are the Pink Pistols involved? Disabled veterans? Women? Minorities? Other handicapped? There has to be a clear and demonstrable civil rights tangent.

I havent seen nor heard the events organizers seeking contributions to diversify the participation beyond able bodied, middle-aged white men who unfortunately, over-represent gunowners nationwide and contribute to a stereotype that puts perception of gunowners somewhere between Alex Jones and J.T. Ready.

Dantedamean
01-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I haven't been keeping up with all the posts in here but I saw this vid from TNP. I know hes not extremely popular however he makes good points and can get a message out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

Dantedamean
01-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I haven't been keeping up with all the posts in here but I saw this vid from TNP. I know hes not extremely popular however he makes good points and can get a message out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

Sanchanim
01-10-2013, 11:19 PM
We will be there. Invited several friends here in the Yuba-Sutter area. I also sent you an email about getting some flyers.
Roy

got your email and replied.

daveblandston6
01-11-2013, 5:04 AM
I would like to go but I cannot drive. I would like to carpool with someone to get there. Will anyone be traveling past the general vicinity of Corona (15 and 91 freeways)?

I can contribute gas money or split the cost of a car rental.

PS - For the folks concerned about race and diversity, see this video regarding the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

hylander
01-11-2013, 7:33 AM
I havent seen nor heard the events organizers seeking contributions to diversify the participation beyond able bodied, middle-aged white men who unfortunately, over-represent gunowners nationwide and contribute to a stereotype that puts perception of gunowners somewhere between Alex Jones and J.T. Ready.

There is no mention of the event being for "able bodied, middle-aged white men". Do people that fall into a different catagory need a special invitation ?
I'm pretty sure the the event is for those that are standing for the
"Second Amendent"

P.Charm
01-11-2013, 7:36 AM
what can we do if we don't live near the capital? I would like to see a meeting in San Diego.

Drawman
01-11-2013, 8:24 AM
The issue we have is a legal one. There is no concealed carry on capital grounds. Now we are working with the local police department to get clarification. Is "grounds" the land around the capital as well or simply in the building. Depending on the response will determine our stance.

Unfortunately I cannot attend, but some points have already been mentioned that I think are being unheaded and should be carefully considered. As the saying goes, those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

I would have thought the lessons learned from the OC groups would be a awake up call, but evidently some are doomed to repeat the same mistakes. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. If you have a CCW, don't take your gun to the assembly when you know full well it's not allowed. If caught, you will loose your firearm, your permit and all the $$$$ to hire a lawyer. But most of all, you will be made an example of and used by the opponents to further their cause.

I understand how frustrating it is to sit by, day by day while idiots go around shooting innocent people and we (leagal gun owners) somehow take the blame, or face the consequences. The wheels of justice can turn slowly, but we need to remain patient and vigilant in the ongoing fight to preserve our rights.

BUT, I do think a peaceful march is an excellent idea, and maybe even a long time comming, so good luck to all of those attending, be safe and most of all be a good example because you represent more than just yourself.

Sanchanim
01-11-2013, 8:37 AM
Unfortunately I cannot attend, but some points have already been mentioned that I think are being unheaded and should be carefully considered. As the saying goes, those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

I would have thought the lessons learned from the OC groups would be a awake up call, but evidently some are doomed to repeat the same mistakes. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. If you have a CCW, don't take your gun to the assembly when you know full well it's not allowed. If caught, you will loose your firearm, your permit and all the $$$$ to hire a lawyer. But most of all, you will be made an example of and used by the opponents to further their cause.

I understand how frustrating it is to sit by, day by day while idiots go around shooting innocent people and we (leagal gun owners) somehow take the blame, or face the consequences. The wheels of justice can turn slowly, but we need to remain patient and vigilant in the ongoing fight to preserve our rights.

BUT, I do think a peaceful march is an excellent idea, and maybe even a long time comming, so good luck to all of those attending, be safe and most of all be a good example because you represent more than just yourself.

This was why I stated from the get go cc not encouraged.
Most of whom I have spoken to have stated that they have a CCW but will not be carrying.
I am trying to organize this so that we can be educational and send a unified message. Think of it more like gun 101 education class along with a healthy does of liberty.
Gene or Brandon already know they have an open invitation if they would like to attend. I heard them last week on the radio and there were some excellent talking points, on "common use". The percentage of AR or AK style rifles being sold has increased to the point of commonality? How can the administration use an executive order to change or "clarify" the constitution? All of this are things we should all know.

CitaDeL
01-11-2013, 8:59 AM

There is no mention of the event being for "able bodied, middle-aged white men". Do people that fall into a different catagory need a special invitation ?
I'm pretty sure the the event is for those that are standing for the
"Second Amendent"

Bolded for emphasis.

I don't believe this concept is too difficult to comprehend. Angry white men :oji: do not play well in the civil rights arena, and that's exactly who will show up at this event because organizers are too short-sighted to reach out beyond gun stores, gun ranges, their workplace, and other male dominated venues. And to answer your question; Yes, a reasonable effort should have been made to specifically invite pro-rights participants who are outside their peer group.

mkennedy009
01-11-2013, 9:08 AM
Count me in.

Sanchanim
01-11-2013, 9:10 AM
Count me in.

We look forward to having you.

AyatollahGondola
01-11-2013, 9:44 AM
Actually, you misconstrue my view. I think this will play pretty well in states like Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and perhaps even in Washington D.C.

But in California, unless this demonstration is attached to one or all of the left's protected classes, the net political gain will be somewhere near slim and none. Are the Pink Pistols involved? Disabled veterans? Women? Minorities? Other handicapped? There has to be a clear and demonstrable civil rights tangent.

Half-breeds like me were invited, and will be in attendance. Or do we not count if our olive tinted skin lightened with age?

AyatollahGondola
01-11-2013, 9:55 AM

I've known Citadel for several years, and he's not really been a rambler. He has been a solid, well practiced, street activist for noble causes affecting rights and the protection of our culture since the middle of the last decade. I do respect his input. Don't always agree with it lately, but he's an experienced public advocacy warrior.
I think he may have lost his way lately, and just needs to be coerced back into the fold :D

That said,....what's this late bit about not appealing to our state reps with this effort? If that's the case, why are we doing this at the state capitol instead of the US courthouse downtown where the federal reps are?

CitaDeL
01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Half-breeds like me were invited, and will be in attendance. Or do we not count if our olive tinted skin lightened with age?

I somehow doubt you were singled out by organizers. Your Hispanic surname might help if legislators wrongfully concluded that you were a undocumented resident of their district. But, no- your particular racial background neither helps nor hurts particularly as an individual attending the event.

If you were card carrying member of the Pink Pistols with a contingent displaying slogans declaring "GUN rights are GAY rights" or "ARMED gays dont get BASHED" this could be sufficient to challenge liberal media and legislators such as Tom Ammiano in their positions of disarmament. Of course, the LGBT segment isnt the only one capable to dispel stereotypes, but the most effective example in our state.

AyatollahGondola
01-11-2013, 10:50 AM
If you were card carrying member of the Pink Pistols with a contingent displaying slogans declaring "GUN rights are GAY rights" or "ARMED gays dont get BASHED" this could be sufficient to challenge liberal media and legislators such as Tom Ammiano in their positions of disarmament. Of course, the LGBT segment isnt the only one capable to dispel stereotypes, but the most effective example in our state.

There's little chance of me becoming a card carrying pink pistol, and even less chance of me relinquishing my 1st or 2nd amendment rights because I'm not. I really don't want to get in a habit of placing a filter of any sort between me, and my representatives. And before any challenges about my tolerance level are issued, I'll say that I believe everyone is entitled to the same rights if they are a citizen here; maybe a few less if they aren't, but I'm unwilling to elevate any citizen above myself simply because of sex, age, ethnicity, or even victim class.

I wonder if MLK jr would have told his marchers to sit back and let the white women do all the protesting, lest they just come off in public as a rioting angry black mob

vanhahner444@hotmail.com
01-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Purpose: Zim "This event is not intended for our state legislators as much as it is for our national representatives. The idea is to let Washington know that gun owners are in force in every state across the country and are willing to stand up and publicly defend our protected rights."

For those who would like to bring signs and having trouble deciding what to put on it, here are just some to consider.

"No law ever prevented a crime."
"Call 911 and wait."
"A shoot-out is better than a massacre!"
"In a perfect world, you wouldn't need guns. This is not a perfect world."
"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
"Second Amendment saved Athens Tennessee"
"Ban Illegal Weapons not Legal Weapons"
"Punish the Criminals not the Legal Gun Owners"
"Fight Crime, not Guns and Ammo"
"Guns Save more lives than they take"
"Fight Crime with guns, not without"
"During the creation of the 2nd Amendment, Daddy's Rifle WAS and Assault Rifle"
"Revoke the Second and the other Nine won't be far behind."

NoJoke
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Is there some other place we southern Cal types could gather? Sac is a bit of a drive.