PDA

View Full Version : Psychology of Gun Control: Perhaps a tool to help you when you write letters.

Kempfer
01-04-2013, 7:36 PM
Raging Against Self Defense: A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality (http://www.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm)
I'm not Psych major but I thought some of the parts related to communicating with anti-gun people were pretty good. They are found in the end and I have decided to write a few letters using the techniques described. So that is why I posted it in the 2nd Amend forum because it might be helpful when writing letters to anti-gun representatives.

trevorlc
01-04-2013, 8:42 PM
Very interesting ideas, I agree I think this can be helpful in communicating more effectively!

Seventh7
01-04-2013, 9:26 PM
That was a great read. Thanks for posting

Damn True
01-04-2013, 9:33 PM
Excellent piece. Thanks for sharing.

MP301
01-04-2013, 9:42 PM
Great article.

USMCM16A2
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Folks,

Great article this sums up quite nicely why some of the politicians think the way they think. MCcarthy of New York lost her husband in a mass subway shooting. Feinstein was there when Dan White shot mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk. That could go along way in explaining why they think the way they do.
It is not the person that killed these people, it was the gun. Get rid of the guns, no more shootings. The shooter gets blurred out, becomes a figure, the gun gets the focus. A2

frankm
01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Excellent. The other part is, they are not really afraid, they're just nazis, commies, what-have-you. But I like what she says and it's my new sig!

TimRB
01-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Great article--thanks for posting that!

Tim

TimRB
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Great article--thanks for posting that!

Tim

morfeeis
01-05-2013, 5:31 PM
This report is a gold mine
Anti-gun groups love victims!

From my observations, pro-victimhood is a feature of all of the anti-gun special interest groups, not just the ones mentioned here. Every organization that supports gun control apparently wants its members to be helpless, terrified and totally dependent on someone else to control every aspect of their lives. It doesn't matter whether it's a religious, racial, ethnic, political, social, or charitable group. From Handgun Control, Inc. to the Anti- Defamation League to the Million Mom March, they all want you to live in fear. In this scheme, soccer moms are "victims" just as much as are inner-city minorities.

If these organizations truly cared about the people for whom they claim to speak, they would encourage safe and responsible firearms ownership. They would help people to learn how to defend themselves and their families so that they wouldn't have to live in fear. They would tell everyone that one of the wonderful things about being an American is that you have the right to keep and bear arms, the right to defend yourself, and how these rights preserve the right to be free

Mos of what is stated is based on sound psychological study too.

morfeeis
01-05-2013, 5:33 PM
Excellent. The other part is, they are not really afraid, they're just nazis, commies, what-have-you. But I like what she says and it's my new sig!
Let me know when your cross the next line in you sig....