PDA

View Full Version : My letter to Diane Feinstein

hattles
01-04-2013, 5:40 PM
Please, if you agree, send your own letter to your senator and let them know your views on any and all gun bans. Sen. Feinstein is our California senator. Feel free to copy this letter.
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me

Honorable Senator Feinstein,

I am a gun owner and want to express my views about the proposed legislation attempting to make it harder for law abiding people to enjoy the sports of shooting and owning a firearm.

I am a retired Transportation Manager and I am genuinely concerned that the government plans to eclipse my usage of sport shooting.

Gun ownership is one of the most ardent rights that I believe in. We need to enforce the laws we already have and get rid of the ones that are not enforceable.

I realize as a legislator you have to show that you are receptive to our needs. I am not one that wants you to reinstall the ban on so-called assault weapons or regular capacity magazines.

You cannot legislate “crazy.” In almost every instance of mass killing, there were ample red flags and warning alarms that either were avoided or were not acted upon by mental health professionals, family members, friends and acquaintances. While I deeply respect an individual’s privacy and civil liberties, the American people need basic awareness of what indicators to look for regarding potentially violent, psychotic people. Our collective safety begins with being collectively vigilant.

We need to promote gun safety through public education so that younger generations will grow up with a well-rounded understanding of firearm safety.

In closing, I would like to emphasize that you work for me, not the other way around. I will not cower to you or anyones else's gun grabbing mentality. I have an inalienable right to own the gun of my choice for any and all legal means up to and including my own personal defense of self and property.

I will defend that right through every legal means afforded me by law and by the Constitution and fight you, through those legal means, every step of the way.

Please reconsider the harm you will cause to legal and legitimate law abiding citizens by your, and others, overzealous attempt to implement a gun ban of any kind. Your attempt to limit or ban guns in America will only empower the criminals that have no respect for the law.

Sincerely,

Drivedabizness
01-04-2013, 5:49 PM
Sending letters to DiFi are a waste of time and postage. And letters to Boxer (that she doesn't like) will land you on her "banned/ignore" list - another waste of time.

Letters to waffling members of the CA delegation to the H o Reps, and to Speaker Boehner, might do more good.

It is vital for these guys to know that anything but full support of our 2A rights WILL result in dire punishment in the next election.

zoid52
01-04-2013, 5:49 PM
She's a mental case!!!

hattles
01-04-2013, 7:00 PM
Sending letters and emails to Feinstein, Boxer and the rest of them is necessary...even if they ignore them. They would love nothing more than to have their constituents stop contacting them. Do not give up or give in to them and let them know you are a living breathing person. Let them know that they work for you(we the people). Be polite but be firm and never ever threaten them with anything more than the law allows.

If one is not willing to take the necessary steps to make him/her self heard to preserve his/her lawful rights then one has no legitimate right to complain.

It's way past time for the law abiding, constitutional loving citizens and gun owners to rise up and let them hear our voices.

MOLON LABE!

Moonshine
01-04-2013, 7:28 PM
DiFi has what is arguably the safest seat in the US senate. Her and Boxer don't legislate; they dictate.

However we are fortunate (however morbid it may be) that this may be her last term unless in 2016 at the age of 84 she decides to run again and actually has it together enough mentally to accomplish anything.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
01-04-2013, 7:45 PM
DiFi has what is arguably the safest seat in the US senate. Her and Boxer don't legislate; they dictate.

However we are fortunate (however morbid it may be) that this may be her last term unless in 2016 at the age of 84 she decides to run again and actually has it together enough mentally to accomplish anything.

I hate to say it but she won't have to lift a finger to get re-elected. Boxer didn't.

As for the topic:

Letters to Difi are useless, but needed. As are letters to the reps that will support gun rights.

M14 Junkie
01-04-2013, 8:03 PM
It's fine to write these idiots BUT, writing that you "will not cower to her's or anyone else's gun grabbing mentality" is not exactly how a U.S. senator expects to be addressed.

Especially with the egos that Feinstein, Boxer, and Pelosi, (congress) have.

That statement also suggests that you will be defiant of the law IF her bill becomes law.

I would suggest that you edit out that statement if you haven't sent it already.

Just an opinion....

hattles
01-04-2013, 10:10 PM
It's fine to write these idiots BUT, writing that you "will not cower to her's or anyone else's gun grabbing mentality" is not exactly how a U.S. senator expects to be addressed.

Especially with the egos that Feinstein, Boxer, and Pelosi, (congress) have.

That statement also suggests that you will be defiant of the law IF her bill becomes law.

I would suggest that you edit out that statement if you haven't sent it already.

Just an opinion....

I disagree. I'm not the least bit concerned about "offending" my senator considering that she has offended me personally and every law abiding gun owner with her overzealous gun grabbing ignorance.

Definition of COWER: to shrink away or crouch especially for shelter from something that menaces, domineers, or dismays .

Bucc
01-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Go ahead, write her. She will ignore it but you've done your part. Wanna really get her attention? Light up the switchboards in her offices. Call, call and call again. Then call some more. Be professional, if you DO talk to someone be patient and ready to be talked to like an errant child by some punk who is about 20. Do the same with the Capitol switchboard. I remember when they tried to run up the last big amnesty. Dana Rohrabacher said the lines were on fire with don't do it calls and it made all the difference.

hattles
01-05-2013, 7:32 AM
Go ahead, write her. She will ignore it but you've done your part. Wanna really get her attention? Light up the switchboards in her offices. Call, call and call again. Then call some more. Be professional, if you DO talk to someone be patient and ready to be talked to like an errant child by some punk who is about 20. Do the same with the Capitol switchboard. I remember when they tried to run up the last big amnesty. Dana Rohrabacher said the lines were on fire with don't do it calls and it made all the difference.

:iagree: Feinstein will respond to your letters. She used to send the "generic" responses but she has been responding "issue speific" over the last year or so but with the typical political "doublespeak" answers. Now Boxer...her response are are always generic.