PDA

View Full Version : Response from my rep...

919industries
01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to share because I'm very excited about it since I spent 2 hours writing everyone that I could and this is the only response that I got, I'm especially happy because its from Duncan Hunter, I'm not surprised that he supports the second amendment but I'm excited.

Hopefully we start to see more supportive letters!

"Dear Mr....

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns for protecting Second Amendment rights in lieu of the tragic attack in Connecticut. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this important issue.

I was deeply saddened when I heard of the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Further, I can assure you that I share your support for the fundamental right of law-abiding citizens to safely and responsibly possess firearms and do not believe in restricting our constitutional rights.

As you know, Senator Dianne Feinstein intends to introduce legislation that would prohibit the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of high-capacity magazines. Like you, I am concerned with any legislation that further infringes upon the ideals outlined in the Second Amendment.

When tragedies like this arise, the first reaction by some is to advocate for stricter gun control laws and regulations that may not be necessary. Instead, it is my firm belief that those who violate our state and federal gun laws should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Rest assured that as any gun legislation is debated at the federal level, I will continue fighting to protect our Second Amendment rights with your specific thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress"

FailedAngrMgmt
01-04-2013, 10:29 AM
That's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeddyBallgame
01-04-2013, 10:33 AM
that is very exciting OP, there are still lawmakers willing to fight for our rights and freedoms...would you mind sharing with us the letter you sent out?

also, thank you for your effort

the86d
01-04-2013, 10:34 AM
At least someone has something good to say in these dark times in a political position. Can we check his vote?

maddoggie13
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Sweet...let see how he votes.

J.D.Allen
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
That response is a big ol' nothingburger. Anything less than vowing to oppose and vote against ANY new restrictions leaves way too much wiggle room.

919industries
01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
that is very exciting OP, there are still lawmakers willing to fight for our rights and freedoms...would you mind sharing with us the letter you sent out?

also, thank you for your effort

I don't remember the exact letter, I sent it using the NRA write your rep function. It was something like: Congressman Hunter,

I'm writing for your assistance in protecting my 2A rights from the proposed bill from DIFI as well as many other proposed Bills. As a 21 year old California voter and gun enthusiast I believe that our rights have already been stripped away and that it is very important we do not have any more rights stripped away.

I currently vote republican but my support will be lost in the event of my representatives giving into anti gun agendas. Please help ensure that the rights of gun owners both in CA and nationwide are not stripped away.

That's kinda what it was like but not word for word. Still have t received a reply from DIFI or anyone else for that matter..

njineermike
01-04-2013, 10:58 AM
That response is a big ol' nothingburger. Anything less than vowing to oppose and vote against ANY new restrictions leaves way too much wiggle room.

Duncan Hunter is 100% on our side. Always has been. The last response I got from him was a signed letter commenting on some of the things I brought up, so I have no doubt he not only read it, he took the time to respond in kind. If we had more Duncan Hunters we'd have less problems.

919industries
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Duncan Hunter is 100% on our side. Always has been. The last response I got from him was a signed letter commenting on some of the things I brought up, so I have no doubt he not only read it, he took the time to respond in kind. If we had more Duncan Hunters we'd have less problems.

I'm an offroader also, he is probably the one representative that has stood up for offroaders in SoCal, he will continue to earn my vote. Lets hope next election an official much like him takes office.

TML
01-04-2013, 11:05 AM
If we had more Duncan Hunters we'd have less problems.

If we had more Feinstein Hunters we'd also have less problems. :D

TeddyBallgame
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't remember the exact letter, I sent it using the NRA write your rep function. It was something like: Congressman Hunter,

I'm writing for your assistance in protecting my 2A rights from the proposed bill from DIFI as well as many other proposed Bills. As a 21 year old California voter and gun enthusiast I believe that our rights have already been stripped away and that it is very important we do not have any more rights stripped away.

I currently vote republican but my support will be lost in the event of my representatives giving into anti gun agendas. Please help ensure that the rights of gun owners both in CA and nationwide are not stripped away.

That's kinda what it was like but not word for word. Still have t received a reply from DIFI or anyone else for that matter..oh, ok, well, don't worry about DIFI's, everyone on Calguns already has a copy of her response...she, or, rather, her aide, sends out the same generic form letter to everyone, thanking them for writing to her, and, being able to agree to disagree...there's millions of them out there :)

ElvenSoul
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Wow very nice!

919industries
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
If we had more Feinstein Hunters we'd also have less problems. :D

I see what you did there lol.

Manpants
01-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Just recieved same/similar response just a few mins ago as well.

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts and concerns related to the tragic attack in Connecticut. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this important issue.

Like you, I was deeply saddened when I heard of the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims of this tragedy.

At the same time, I also recognize that when situations like these arise, the first reaction is to advocate for additional gun control laws and restrictions that may not be necessary. I can assure you that I share your support for the fundamental right of law-abiding citizens to safely and responsibly possess firearms and do not believe in restricting our constitutional rights.

Moreover, I encourage efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and street-gangs, and believe that those who violate our state and federal gun laws should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Please know that I remain committed to upholding the Second Amendment and will carefully consider all bills that would limit the ability of responsible Americans to purchase and possess firearms with your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.