PDA

View Full Version : Why Does The Second Amendment Exist At All?

Damn True
01-04-2013, 9:22 AM
Some words from a very wise man followed by a few of my own (admittedly a far less wise man).

http://thedamntrueexperiment.blogspot.com/2013/01/why-does-2nd-amendment-exist-at-all.html

Damn True
01-04-2013, 9:37 PM
Wow. CG guys are usually good for a little feedback.

mt4design
01-04-2013, 9:44 PM
Thank you. :)

Damn True
01-04-2013, 10:02 PM
My pleasure. Feel free to share it, or anything else on my blog with others...with attribution though, please.

gomatty
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
excellent! Added to my reading list. May I also suggest a revival of the 7 people that are screwing this country up just to squeeze in Piers Morgan?

Baconator
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
If we could just get Kim kardashian or Justin Bieber to read that on TV.

Sent from Obama's Mind

Damn True
01-04-2013, 10:37 PM
excellent! Added to my reading list. May I also suggest a revival of the 7 people that are screwing this country up just to squeeze in Piers Morgan?

Excellent point. Olbermann is out of work and Beck...is Beck still alive? I think old Piers might need to make the 2013 list. For the sake of fairness I need a new right-wing d-bag as well. Huckabee maybe? Do enough people listen to him to qualify?

myk
01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
If we could just get Kim kardashian or Justin Bieber to read that on TV.

Sent from Obama's Mind

I doubt they'd be able to form the words in their mouths...

vliberatore
01-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Bookmarked. Definitely will share

bomb_on_bus
01-05-2013, 1:38 PM
Very good read! The article in a nutshell illustrates why citizens must be able to protect themselves from their government as well as foreign and domestic enemies. Also did a good job explaining why state government fairs better than federal government.

Damn True
01-14-2013, 6:42 PM
Bookmarked. Definitely will share

Thank you. I appreciate that.

...and thanks to all who've been reading my blog.

Kopis
01-14-2013, 6:55 PM
Thank you. I really need to get a copy of the Federalist Papers.

Aegis
01-14-2013, 8:09 PM
We should not forget that if the democrats had their way, there would be no second amendment.

Damn True
01-15-2013, 9:07 AM
Thank you. I really need to get a copy of the Federalist Papers.

You are quite welcome. They're a challenging, but fascinating read. I recommend reading the anti-federalist papers as well so that you understand both sides of the argument that led to our founding documents. Both sides make great points and you can see the impact of both in the final result.

Gapmaster
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
You know that is just an awsome read. Our downfall is that you can never get anyone opposed against the 2nd Amendment to take the time to read things like this. Today most people it seems has the attention span of a bug, and they do not use their brains for thinking, but only use it for repeating what they hear from standing around the water cooler. For me it's not hard to figure out that if the house catches fire then from now on we always have plenty of fire extinguishers around. But believe it or not, some will never have a fire extinguisher because they think it's easier just to call 911. And, we are now our numbered with that kind of thinking. From the Supreme court all the way down to your local school administrators, we have been over trodden with minds that cannot think rationally for themselves, with american history being only fairy tale stories in a book that really didn't happen, with attitudes of it didn't matter who died back then because I didn't know them anyway. We are far out numbered now and I don't think we will ever regain what we have lost.