PDA

View Full Version : Aug 28th..Attacks on guns on a "Natl" scale from Jackson, Bradys, etc..

bg
08-23-2007, 7:17 PM
Jackson and the Bradys are going to scheme, opps, I mean team together to
go after firearms on a Natl scale come the 28th of Aug. They are also going
to try and get a state wide write in letter ploy going in support of AB 1471
the micro stamp bill. We are in the beginnings of a siege, I believe, for
lawful gun rights..>
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200708/NAT20070823b.html

(CNSNews.com) - Gun control activists have declared Tuesday, Aug. 28, a "national day of protest to focus attention on the scourge of illegal gun trafficking."

The Brady Campaign, along with its Million Mom March chapters, said it will join the Rev. Jesse Jackson's Operation PUSH Coalition at demonstrations in cities across America.

Jackson's group chose Aug. 28 because it marks the 44th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s historic march on Washington.

As Cybercast News Service reported earlier, Jackson has attended a series of recent protests at a suburban Chicago gun store, which he blames for gun crimes in Chicago.

Anti-gun activists have confirmed more than twenty events so far, including a rally at a park in Newark, N.J., near the schoolyard where four college students were lined up and shot in the back of the head. Three of them died. Six people, two of them in this country illegally, have been arrested in connection with the case.

Activists also plan to protest at a Maryland gun store "that is responsible for the most crime guns found in Washington, D.C."

Other Aug. 28 protests and vigils are planned in the cities of Phoenix, Birmingham, Minneapolis-St. Paul, San Diego, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, and Raleigh-Durham, to name some of them.

"The August 28 rallies will focus the public and push leaders at all levels of government to take action against the illegal gun market and to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals," the Brady Campaign said on its Web site.

In addition, gun control advocates said they are launching a statewide letter-writing in California to build support for a crime-fighting "microstamping" bill being considered once again by the State Legislature. (See Earlier Story)

"We can't achieve Dr. King's 'dream' of what America can be when we lose 32 people every day to gun murders," said Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke. "Dr. King's focus on civil rights and non-violence should lead us now to ask each other and our leaders, 'What are you going to do about gun violence?'"
Of course Jackson blames the weapons on the tragic school yard killings
those illegal aliens pulled, but as usual no mention against THESE CREEPS !
Just the anti-gun assault..That figures.

GW
08-23-2007, 8:10 PM
Well, you know Jesse, He just can't stand to not be in the limelight so here's his latest song and dance.

PUSH Its what you have to do when you're constipated :pinch:

CCWFacts
08-23-2007, 8:41 PM
I already sent this letter to Arnie:

Originally Posted by Me
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I know it hasn't passed the assembly yet, but if it does, please veto AB 1471, the Crime Gun Identification Act. It sounds like a good idea to be able to identify crime guns more easily. Unfortunately this bill is fatally flawed. It has so many problems I can't list them all, but I'll list a few:

1.Revolvers don't eject shell casings.
2.It takes literally less than one minute for a competent person to swap barrels on common semi-autos, like the Glock for example.
3.It would take also about a minute for someone with a file or a hand-held grinder (Dremel) to remove the serial number imprinting markings.
4.There's a big risk of shell casings being “planted”. Go to the shooting range, pick up some shell casings, and scatter them around the crime scene.

These are just some of the most obvious and incurable problems with this bill. If I wanted to go into detail this letter would be too long.

Please veto this ill-conceived feel-good legislation.

If you want to do something to really improve safety in this state, help us pass a shall-issue concealed carry (CCW) law. Such laws have passed in 40 other states. It's time for California to join them.

By the way, I think you're a great governor and I hope you will run against Barbara Boxer as your next move.

Sincerely,

RRangel
08-23-2007, 8:50 PM
This is nothing new. Maybe he's hoping someone will bribe him so he can go away? I don't think the Brady's are doing themselves any favors being associated with him and his organization. That'll just makes the backlash against them run deeper.

Do you think this will go down well with gun owning America? If Jesse Jackson wants to upset sane America this is just how to do it. Remember why many Democrats don't want to touch the gun issue.

Piper
08-23-2007, 9:01 PM
By accusing those two gun shops of contributing to guns being unlawfully possessed by thugs, I think Jackson is getting very close to slander if he hasn't already stepped over that line.

RRangel
08-23-2007, 9:08 PM
Elections are coming up. Maybe the Brady's think that if they make their victim disarming stance a "race" issue they can go farther with it.

ibanezfoo
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Jesse thinks he is Dr. King reincarnate eh? Its quite offensive that Dr. King's name is being invoked for use by evil.

-Bryan

dfletcher
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, I guess I'll be buying a gun on August 28th - thank you, Jesse & Sarah.

-aK-
08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
We are in the beginnings of a siege, I believe, for
lawful gun rights..>

Beginnings? Gun rights have been under siege for about 39 years or 73 if you want to get technical.

Solidmch
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
[

Of course Jackson blames the weapons on the tragic school yard killings
those illegal aliens pulled, but as usual no mention against THESE CREEPS !
Just the anti-gun assault..That figures.[/QUOTE]

At least were dealing with an idiot. Most people laugh at this guy. No matter what race they are.

ldivinag
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Maybe he's hoping someone will bribe him so he can go away?

ding ding ding!!!!!

we have a winner!!!

Crazed_SS
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Hmm.. looks like they're having a get together in San Diego on the 28th
http://www.bradycampaign.org/action/trafficking/aug28/sandiego.pdf

Maybe Ill go and put my two cents in.

jumbopanda
08-24-2007, 1:03 PM
I just don't understand why Jesse Jackson won't come out and condemn illegal immigration. Illegal alien murderers probably kill far more blacks than members of any other ethnic group.

dfletcher
08-24-2007, 1:50 PM
Of course Jesse blames the gun & not the person. Blaming the person entails personal responsibility and is a much tougher sell. It's easy to say guns are scewing up your city, drugs are screwing up your city - drugs & guns don't make donations, people do.

oaklander
08-24-2007, 2:07 PM
Looks like they are going to do something in Richmond (CA) - I might just have to show up.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/action/trafficking/aug28/richmondca.pdf

For immediate release: August 20, 2007
For more information: Carole Johnson, President West Contra Costa Chapter, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
510-232-8132, wccc_brady@yahoo.com
Griffin Dix, President Oakland/Alameda Cty. Chapter, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
510-528-0255, mmmoakland@yahoo.com
Editors’ & Producers’ Advisory:
“Lie-In” Demonstration: Tuesday, August 28, 2007, Noon – 1 p.m., Contra Costa Junior College, San Pablo
Directions: www.contracosta.edu/maps/
Visuals: Citizens will dress in black and lie down on grass to symbolize deaths of students and teachers at Virginia Tech
Concerned Citizens, Survivors & Students Stage
Protest Against Illegal Gun Trafficking
- Bay Area Brady Campaign Chapters join Rainbow PUSH Coalition
to raise awareness of illegal gun trafficking in the San Francisco Bay Area
SAN PABLO - Bay Area chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are staging a “Lie-In” protest on Tuesday,
August 28 at Noon, at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, California, in cooperation with the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr.’s call for
a national day of protest over illegal gun trafficking and irresponsible gun ownership.
Protesters are attempting to draw attention to illegal gun trafficking from out of state to Bay Area cities, and garner support for
AB 1471 (Feuer), which would mandate a revolutionary new technology to help law enforcement identify gun traffickers and
straw purchasers. The Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007 would require that new models of semiautomatic handguns, sold
after January 1, 2010, be equipped with "microstamping" technology. This would enhance law enforcement's ability to quickly
identify and link shell casings found at a crime scene to the individual semi-automatic handgun from which it was fired. No
arrest is made in 45 percent of all homicides in California because police lack the evidence they need.
PROTEST DETAILS:
WHEN: Tuesday, August 28, 2007
TIME: NOON – 1 p.m.
WHERE: Contra Costa College, San Pablo, CA 94806 (The protest site at the campus can be reached as follows from
the parking lot: walk toward the campus buildings from the parking lot, pass the Bookstore. The Lie-In will be on the grass to
the left between the Bookstore and the Humanities Building.)
The protestors, dressed in black, will lie on the ground to symbolize the students and teachers murdered at Virginia Tech - as
well as victims of gun violence in the East Bay Area, including the seven Contra Costa College students that have been killed by
gun violence since 2003.
According to the Carole Johnson, President of the West Contra Costa Chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence,
the goal of the demonstration is to make the public aware of illegal gun trafficking. Said Johnson: “We need the public and the
media to always ask the question: ‘Where did the gun come from?’ Our students and citizens are not safe at school or at home
from random, senseless, or gang-related gun violence.” Johnson, who attends Contra Costa College, said the Brady chapters
chose to demonstrate at the college to also bring attention to the seven Contra Costa College students who have been killed by
gun violence since 2003.
August 28 is the anniversary of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic march on Washington DC.
###