PDA

View Full Version : Loaning and/or borrowing 80 percent build guns

nicki
01-03-2013, 9:08 PM
If someone has a 80 percent lower with NO markings and for purposes of this thread, it is configured into a "handgun" (Mac10) or a AK( pistol with maglock), is it legal for them to loan these arms to me for a short period of time.

I do have a current HSC.

If the answer is yes, I may be seeking to "borrow" such arms for "public show and tell" in an authorized setting.

If not, then I will have to build my own.:eek:

Nicki

Sir Stunna Lot
01-04-2013, 2:16 AM
this would fall under a general transfer of handgun. HSC required, and i believe that if the loan is "non frequent" and for "short amount of time" (3 days i think?) you can "borrow" the pistol. Any longer than that and it will have to be transfered to you throught FFL.

as for the show and tell, even in an "authorized" settings, make sure to not violate state and federal laws on locations that prohibits firearms. acutally, do u really need a real firearm for the show and tell? can an airsoft gun with a slideshow meet the need?

mrdd
01-04-2013, 4:10 AM
this would fall under a general transfer of handgun. HSC required, and i believe that if the loan is "non frequent" and for "short amount of time" (3 days i think?) you can "borrow" the pistol. Any longer than that and it will have to be transfered to you throught FFL.

There are two statutes allowing loans without a PPT:

Up to 30 days between persons known to each other, HSC required. Loans must be infrequent, which is defined. (PC 27880)

Up to 3 days to anyone, HSC not required, both parties must be 18 years old or older and remain in the presence of each other the entire time. (PC 27885)